• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Should I buy? - Blaser BOAR 308

Status
Not open for further replies.

mixonjames

Private
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2013
Ok, first I'm a 3gun shooter and just getting into percision shooting. I own a gunstore and have access to wholesale pricing. I have an FNH PBR 308 that I shoot well with (not great). I now have the chance to purchase this via a sponsored type deal. MSRP on it is $5800 and my true cost will be $3250 for hte rifle and their special rings (no scope). The pictures are of a left handed version, mine would be right handed. The BOAR (Blaser Overwatch Adjustable Rifle) comes with match barrel, 2.2 lb. trigger, adj comb, harris bipod stud, threaded barrel and is so new that it's not in the Blaser catalog or website. Prototype was a ¼ minute 3 shot and sub ½” 5 shot groups. I know that's with custom match ammo (blah,blah,blah).

I want to use it for your standard tactical type long range cometitions.

Before you say, buy an LEPR or AE this or that. I'm not asking for other suggestions, I'm asking "if" you had the money, would you buy it?
Is it a good deal at $3K?

20130905_131754.jpg

20130905_131631.jpg

20130905_131704.jpg

20130905_131714.jpg

I would I think they are incredibly cool rifles. Just my opinion

I personally love the TAC2 which is why I bought one. I think there amazing rifles and haven't regretted it one day.

No dbm would be the deciding factor for me.

Pass and look at the lrs2 or tac2 if you want a tac blaser

Thank you for the reply guys. I'm still not sure if I'm going to go forward with it or not.

WoulD say go for it but i worry about resale if you are not happy with it. To me blasers need beautiful wood and are fancy Hunting rifles.

I would go for it but I have been jonesing for one of those actions.

Is the BOAR magazine attached to the trigger group?

I would say no because of DBM and the ability to run a good AI mag. Take those dollars and buy a GAP or similar. If I am wrong about the DBM situation, then maybe...

Last edited:
Even if I had the $3000 to spare I wouldn't buy that with it. Too many great full custom guns out there to go with something so ugly and expensive even at the discounted rate. That proprietary DBM/trigger seems like another turn off

I'd go for it. You are buying into the weapons system, i.e. the easily changeable barrels and bolts and the huge range of calibers. This is the first traditional stock Blaser rifle I've seen with adjustable comb. It's definitely not a Mauser type action so to traditionalists it will look strange. But in this case form follows function. If you can get it in black or dark green, it may look better.

Status
Not open for further replies.