• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Show me your blades!

JohnC76

Pro Second Amendment
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2013
TN
So I'm on a knife kick since our state passed a pro-knife rights bill allowing us to own switchblades aka automatics and lifting blade length restrictions, effective July 1st 2014.

That said, I bought my first automatic Friday. A Benchmade Triage 9170 Auto Axis. Loving it so far! Can't wait for July so I can start carrying it!

8umeqysa.jpg

ebezemy6.jpg

3upa2yzy.jpg

e8urahev.jpg

guhanybe.jpg

So let's see your blades!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here are a few more of my knives.

y2amesym.jpg

e2aqase3.jpg

6e3atyhy.jpg

uqy3aqe4.jpg

agu3uhez.jpg

This is what happens to be clipped in my pocket at the moment:

Doug Ritter Mini-RSK (a custom Benchmade Mini-Griptilian) with a DLC M4 blade and Wilkins scales.

aqahe2a9.jpg

ZT 0560BW
Benchmade HK Snody 14205S
Benchmade HK Snody 14210
Spyderco C19G Bob Terzuola
Kershaw Turbulence 1790
Griptilian trainer
ESEE Candiru, Dark Star sheath

Last edited:
Made a crap cell video while trying not to knock over the phone. It's still tight and needs breaking in, but the more I play with it, the smoother and faster it's getting.

I had the chance to play with a SOG spec elite auto that turned out to be the worst design... Ever

The release button/ open button was in a great place so when you gripped the knife, your thumb pressed the open button.

The open button was also the unlock button

So you would need to press the button to open the knife and then reposition your thumb or the blade could not lock and could fold back cutting your fingers.

Spec Elite II Auto

sog_se-61_1.png

The silver button opened the blade. It must be released for the blade to lock open

Last edited:
Nice knife!

I used to have a SOG multi tool. I lost it someplace. :(

I've lost a couple CKRT knives and Benchmade also.

aqahe2a9.jpg

ZT 0560BW
Benchmade HK Snody 14205S
Benchmade HK Snody 14210
Spyderco C19G Bob Terzuola
Kershaw Turbulence 1790
Griptilian trainer
ESEE Candiru, Dark Star sheath

How do you like the ZT and HK knives?

How do you like the ZT and HK knives?

The ZT0560 is excellent. It's a tank of a knife, and very large but totally carry-able. The build quality of mine is superb.

The Benchmade HK Snody 142xx knives are similar to the Benchmade Stryker, but I like the blade shape and scales on mine better. I carry the 14210 more than any in my collection. (Many other HK branded knives are pretty crappy, and these aren't available anymore.)

Show me your blades!

From left to right,
Mini CQC15, CQC8, Horseman, CQC7, CQC7V, Mini CQC7, and a Protech CQC7, all are Emerson.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401246143.464247.jpg
This is a pic of the edge on my Emerson SOCFK.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401246169.980356.jpg
THis one is a Chris Reeve Sebenza 25.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401246201.534653.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome blades, all!!!

AAC, can you list the names and models of those? They look really nice!

Benchmade Lerch Impel, an auto like yours - nice little pocket carry. Love mine.

knife53d.jpg

knife53a.jpg

Blade Length: 1.98"
Blade Thickness: 0.100"
Handle Thickness: 0.350"
Blade Material: S30V Premium Stainless Steel
Blade Hardness: 58-60HRC
Blade Style: Clip-Point
Weight: 2.10oz.
Pocket Clip: Tip-Down, Silver Steel
Lock Mechanism: Push Button Auto w/ Safety
Overall Length: 5.03"
Closed Length: 3.06"
Sheath Material: Sold Separately
Class: Black

Benchmade Lerch Impel, an auto like yours - nice little pocket carry. Love mine.

knife53d.jpg

knife53a.jpg

Blade Length: 1.98"
Blade Thickness: 0.100"
Handle Thickness: 0.350"
Blade Material: S30V Premium Stainless Steel
Blade Hardness: 58-60HRC
Blade Style: Clip-Point
Weight: 2.10oz.
Pocket Clip: Tip-Down, Silver Steel
Lock Mechanism: Push Button Auto w/ Safety
Overall Length: 5.03"
Closed Length: 3.06"
Sheath Material: Sold Separately
Class: Black

Nice! :)

Is that G10 on the handle?

Nice. Love the G10. Very grippy! Also looks great! :)

A couple of my Bradshaw blades.
They are some of my favorites.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401333663.031148.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401333762.375398.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401333846.237616.jpg

Here is a TAD Dauntless that I recently sold. I can't get used to the idea of a folder that doesn't have the wave.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401333978.268339.jpg

And my Emerson jungle commander. I had the seller put the factory thumb stud back on it. Never been a fan of the custom thumb studs on a knife.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401334048.589317.jpg

Hmmmmm not the same class but I enjoy my blades.
This is one I purchased from a master Tsuka wrapper, although it is being matched up with my Wakizashi and some day I'll have it back home :D
It is mine though.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice sword! :)

Anymore detail on it? What blade steel, etc?

top to bottom
no name 17" kukri - lives in my hiking bag
ZT0100 - lives on my battle belt
Buck 119 - lives in the drawer
ZT0350 - my EDC
CRKT - lives in the glove compartment in the truck
no name chinese folder on the left - lives in my range bag

2 blades on the right are interesting - bigger one - I know nothing about it - found it on the street and the one with orange handle - this was somehow smuggled from Soviet Union by my family - and I remember this knife being in our household since 70s and it was old even then - I would date it late 60s - still have Soviet Certificate of Quality in gold - the pentagon with USSR and a star in it and has a price marked on the blade - 3 rubles :)

10320511_747349998648988_480895973680061713_n.jpg

and this is a custom skinner I have on order and waiting for and should have next week:
S90V, G10 scales

10320445_744716618912326_415583879915840009_n.jpg

Off duty EDC - Benchmade Mini-Barrage:

4l3HHKO.jpg

Carry a Benchmade AFO II on my outer carrier at work:

0G6l7ui.jpg

ZT 303 carried at work:

HIGDNab.jpg

DPX HEST also carried at work:

GT24uPz.jpg

Those are the four blades that currently see actual use on a regular basis. Nothing crazy. Definitely would love some more knives, can never have too many guns or knives in my book.

Looks like Benchmade and ZT are two of the more popular knives on here! :)

Is that a Gerber gator to the very right? That was one of the first knives I ever owned when I turned 18. I used it for everything for years, and then gave it to my Dad. :D

Cold Steel Tanto daily driver. I have 2; AUS 69 models like this were hard to come by. Keep meaning to serrate the back half with a diamond bit and irrigation on my mill:

9agataqy.jpg

L6 Bainite Katana forged and tempered by a Korean swordsmith of the Park family from a Japanese Tamahagane Ingot. If you have never held Bainite compared to the best carbon steel, trying to describe it is impossible. I have some nice Chens, but this is in a class by itself:

y6udyhu8.jpg

ve2a4yre.jpg

ju9yjyta.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Im not really a knife guy but I was just in Lowe's and saw these. Though you all might appreciate. 25 knives for $12.98. Sorry about the pic quality, taken with my dumbphone.

securedownload.jpg