• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Show of Hands. Who has lost a relative, friend, or co-worker to COVID-19

Have you lost someone to Covid-19 that most likely would not have died otherwise this year?

• Yes, one

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Yes, two

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Yes, three

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Yes, four

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, five

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

alpine44

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2010
North Carolina
Please be "honest". No hearsay. Direct knowledge of someone you lived, played, or worked with, who died of Covid-19 and would have lived another year or more otherwise.

Related thread about economic impact is here.

Last edited:
Well I left a friend at the job site and he was gone when I went back. I called him and called him and I didn't get an answer. I looked all over and didn't find him. So I figured that I lost him and moved on.
A day later he called and told me where he was at. That was a relief. I thought I lost him but I didn't.
I lost my keys though. Does that count?

Only ~100,000 people on the entire planet have died...0.0013% of the global population. Although I know some folks on SH have lost people they knew, at this time the number is infinitesimally small in the grand scheme.

as far as i know not a single person has died from covid. they all died from other complications that were enhanced by covid. similar to dying from aids. i could be 100% wrong

as far as i know not a single person has died from covid. they all died from other complications that were enhanced by covid. similar to dying from aids. i could be 100% wrong
Yes, you are 100% wrong, both about COVID-19 and AIDS. AIDS has killed many directly, although it can also make you vulnerable to opportunistic infections, that would not have otherwise killed you.

My wife has it as well as a friend. My wife is on the back end of it after nearly 2 weeks. Still fighting a brutal cough and gets winded like an 80 year old when she comes up the stairs. She's a bit younger than I and normally fit and active. Friend is early on so haven't heard much other than he was diagnosed with it. Given his livelihood he lives a somewhat "quarantined" lifestyle when he's not touring anyhow.

Yes, you are 100% wrong, both about COVID-19 and AIDS. AIDS has killed many directly, although it can also make you vulnerable to opportunistic infections, that would not have otherwise killed you.
I have a auto immune disease not AIDS and my immune system is compromised to the point that i have very low white blood cell count. A cold can literally kill me however the report will say patient was diagnosed with a auto immune disease at time of death. If i get covid 19 what will be the cause of death? covid 19 or my immune disease. just asking because you seem very knowledgeable and might have some insight

How about an option for NOT knowing someone who has it much less died from it.

I make a point to ask people when I go out and everyone I ask doesnt directly know someone who has even got it.

I have a auto immune disease not AIDS and my immune system is compromised to the point that i have very low white blood cell count. A cold can literally kill me however the report will say patient was diagnosed with a auto immune disease at time of death. If i get covid 19 what will be the cause of death? covid 19 or my immune disease. just asking because you seem very knowledgeable and might have some insight
If you tested positive, had respiratory illness, and died, you would be recorded as having died of COVID-19, in most places. Although in NYC, if you died at home, that wouldn’t be counted, especially if you had never been tested.

Contrary to many conspiracy theories, if you tested positive and then got shot in an armed robbery, your cause of death would most likely not be recorded as COVID related.

Reactions: powdahound76
3 friends from church had it. Ron has leukemia and ended up in the hospital a few days. His wife had it.
Their 2 kids who I do not know and 1 SIL who were taking care of them all got sick.
A younger guy also got it, was sick, recovering now.

So 6 folks I know had it. 3 tested. Other 3 in direct exposure to 2 known infected.

None of them died. I was concerned for Ron though.

This is supposed to be a count like a headcount in the military. You don't holler for the ones who should not be counted.
Since we do not have a count option on this site, I had to abuse the poll feature.

Like the unemployment thread, this is not competition to the "official" data but an attempt to assess the impact on our virtual community.

I am happy that at this point we only have one case. I heard on the local ARES net about two middle-age first responders dying in our county but I did not add these casualties to the count since I did not know them personally.

Also keep in mind that there are several other threads where you can voice your opinion and theories about the virus and how it is being handled.

Last edited:
I know a lot of people that had symptoms back in January/February.

Both my kids had a fever of 103-104 for 5 days, one of them had a cough for about 3 weeks. Neither the wife or I got sick.

Nobody here is getting tested without every single symptom. So the actual infection rate vs counted/tested/confirmed can't be anywhere close to accurate.

Yes sadly I have lost 3...a colleague, a fellow dad from my kids school, and a friend from church. So far we have 16 pilots test positive with symptoms. I would like to know how many of us have had it. We travel to all the hot spots and I'm sure many of us have had it but A-sym.

146,534 members registered here.

4 reporting a loss.

No to diminish the grief the loss to anyone posting here, but if we had a thread about flu related deaths it would have more members reporting a loss. Same goes for traffic related or anything else.

Reactions: Bender
Disease-Graph-Draft-7-768x432.jpg

I know a lot of people that had symptoms back in January/February.

Both my kids had a fever of 103-104 for 5 days, one of them had a cough for about 3 weeks. Neither the wife or I got sick.

Nobody here is getting tested without every single symptom. So the actual infection rate vs counted/tested/confirmed can't be anywhere close to accurate.
This will change when the antibody tests are available. These test will tell you whether or not you had Covid-19 and developed immunity against it. Keep in mind that the regular flue did not disappear because of the emergence of Covid-19. You can get either or both.

My mom lost two of her old coworkers that were ordinarily in good health. A friend of ours that is a teacher at the local middle school had a students dad that passed from this today that was in rather good health until he got this mess. It’s real and it’s out there whether it’s as overblown as they are making it or whether they are just capitalizing on it is unknown. My med friends go back and forth on it. I still think it was a somewhat scaled down bioweapon that got loose imo.

Reactions: Snipe260
So my 3 friends who were tested and positive were all members of my safety team at church. So people I spend time with weekly, I personally train and train with, and trust my life to if it goes sideways.
And share an unshakeable faith with.
Close.

We have lost our religious liberty so you might as well count all of us as one of the dead

Sir, we may not always agree. And I bet we agree that as of this Sunday, promises made to us have already been 100% fulfilled by God and His Son.

Under Him, your religious liberty is gone when your heart stops beating and you are at His right hand.

Others may say no and that I am wrong (Im not) but going to church is just a tiny part of it.

They may break you, bend you, and imprison you. And they will never tell you who your heart and soul belongS to. We never know how good we have it. Try being a Christian in China. Or a Muslim. Second is not my thing, and I support their freedom.

Thank you Jesus.

So my 3 friends who were tested and positive were all members of my safety team at church. So people I spend time with weekly, I personally train and train with, and trust my life to if it goes sideways.
And share an unshakeable faith with.
Close.

Sir, we may not always agree. And I bet we agree that as of this Sunday, promises made to us have already been 100% fulfilled by God and His Son.

Under Him, your religious liberty is gone when your heart stops beating and you are at His right hand.

Others may say no and that I am wrong (Im not) but going to church is just a tiny part of it.

They may break you, bend you, and imprison you. And they will never tell you who your heart and soul belongS to. We never know how good we have it. Try being a Christian in China. Or a Muslim. Second is not my thing, and I support their freedom.

Thank you Jesus.

Very well stated Sir.

This is a tough situation— my father in law is a pastor and has had to find alternative methods to keep his church going. He’s doing a darn good job! Thanks to technology he has been able to keep everyone in his congregation positive and engaged. Some need direct interaction to focus and he’s on it.
Back to the original thread— we have lost a few friends that I would not have been expecting to lose otherwise. Fuck this virus!

Reactions: FishinGuns and Dpp
I posted this January 25th. In speaking with my regular doctor, who is a close friend, he now believes we had Covid-19. Looking back this is the sickest we have ever been. My wife and I were talking a few weeks ago and we both felt like we were dying. And as odd as it sounds, we were OK with it because of how we felt.

It took me at least 3 weeks before I could walk 50 feet without stopping and gasping for air.

My wife and I just went through a pretty nasty upper respiratory viral infection. We both tested negative for the flu. We both had 104+ fevers for several days and 102+ for a solid week. It came on fast and strong, literally within 24 hours of my wifesI was down. My wife brought it back after a return flight from overseas. She was two days ahead of me so I could see what was going to happen.

The cough did not show up for ~2 days after we first started running a fever. Started with a severe headache and it felt like my joints and bones were breaking. Headache lasted 2-3 days, aches lasted a week.

We both wound up in the ER, her on Friday and me on Sunday. Different doctors took different approaches.

She was prescribed cough medicine with hydrocodone and told to alternate between ibuprofen and acetaminophen.

I was prescribed Tesalon pearls, ibuprofen and I also took acetaminophen and over the counter cough medicine. The Tesalon pearls worked pretty well. The ER doctor said she would not prescribe cough medicine with opiates.

We are two weeks post onset and still very weak with a cough. We had X-rays today for pneumonia that were negative. Both of us get very winded just moving. We feel like we cannot get any air. With my wife being asthmatic this is still very concerning.

We tossed all bedding and pillows once the fevers broke.

As far as protecting yourself I would wear a N95 mask in high risk areas. Wash hands and use hand sanitizer anytime you touch anything someone else could have touched.

I posted this January 25th. In speaking with my regular doctor, who is a close friend, he now believes we had Covid-19. Looking back this is the sickest we have ever been. My wife and I were talking a few weeks ago and we both felt like we were dying. And as odd as it sounds, we were OK with it because of how we felt.

It took me at least 3 weeks before I could walk 50 feet without stopping and gasping for air.

We had a very bad flu like illness pass through our workplace in January, it made a couple rounds in a month— worst we had ever had. A few folks have tested positive for the antibodies since then. We are pretty positive it went through our facility in January. Respiratory symptoms and all— we thought it was a bad flu with sinus infections.

Reactions: bigwatchpilot
We had a very bad flu like illness pass through our workplace in January, it made a couple rounds in a month— worst we had ever had. A few folks have tested positive for the antibodies since then. We are pretty positive it went through our facility in January. Respiratory symptoms and all— we thought it was a bad flu with sinus infections.

Flying in and out of China throughout 2019 that is how most of my colleagues feel. This has been around far longer than reported. Many people I knew had mystery virus that was not the flu...looking forward to having an antibody test to see if it is true.

Dr. Birx stated that, in a case like yours, the virus is credited as the cause of death; sounds like the strategy is to make the statistics look as bad as possible from these two deep state doctors, who keep insisting that social distancing is the answer, that it is working. My understanding, tho, is that social distancing was already factored into their original prediction of 2.2 million deaths. Sounds like their model was grossly inaccurate, although no one seems to be held accountable for being so wrong. Sounds like government, doesn't it?

• Love
Reactions: FishinGuns
Dr. Birx stated that, in a case like yours, the virus is credited as the cause of death
In that scenario, the virus obviously would have been the cause of death.

My understanding, tho, is that social distancing was already factored into their original prediction of 2.2 million deaths.
Absolutely not. 2.2 million deaths was a worst case scenario that assumed no control measures took place.

Agree 100%

My problem isn’t that i cant worship God, I don’t need a church or pastor to do that. it’s the fact that so many people just said “no church, who cares”. so many people just blew off that the governors trashed our 1st amendment rights in the guise of “protecting” us. It really creeps me out how easily people sacrifice liberty for government security
A church choir near here in Mt. Vernon, WA kept meeting. Dozens got sick, and some are dead:

A church in Mangum, OK about 10 miles from my mother, had a revival and felt safe because there were no reported cases in the county. But the visiting pastor was from Tulsa, OK. Pastor is dead, over 40 cases reported, and 5 others dead:

Just because the government tells you to do something, it doesn't mean it is automatically wrong. I'm pretty sure Jesus is OK with NOT killing each other at church.

I am a christian, I am active in my church. I will die before I deny my faith or my right to worship. Under these circumstances, we are doing church via ZOOM.

Dr. Birx stated that, in a case like yours, the virus is credited as the cause of death; sounds like the strategy is to make the statistics look as bad as possible from these two deep state doctors, who keep insisting that social distancing is the answer, that it is working. My understanding, tho, is that social distancing was already factored into their original prediction of 2.2 million deaths. Sounds like their model was grossly inaccurate, although no one seems to be held accountable for being so wrong. Sounds like government, doesn't it?
If you really want a laugh. The usmc has established a protocol of cutting a tshirt and making a face mask out of it. Trust me nothing like driving around base seeing a bunch of arts and craft on all their vaces.

I'm 90% sure that my wife and I had this in late Dec. Fever, dry cough so bad I thought I was gonna cough up a lung. Cough took 4 weeks to completely go away. Of course never tested because we didn't know about this then because these Chinese cocksuckers kept this on the DL for way longer than necessary. My wife is nurse and works on the Covid 19 task force at her ER and has not gotten it??? Maybe immune from antibodies??? Just FYI in Arizona my wifes hospital is actually asking nurses to take time of because they are not busy enough??? This State needs to be opened back up immediately. My business will be gone with another month of lockdowns. I have yet to hear of any of my financial loans being approved. My business is down over 60% and can't afford to pay bills any longer. Lost 30k last month. I do not know anyone personally who have had this.

Or would you rather have your liberty lost, livelihood destroyed, have no religious freedom, live under a police state? And have a chance of getting a virus you will most likely survive?

I would say 90% of the sheep in this country would gladly give up all personal liberty on the mere promise that their benevolent government will care and protect them.

I would say 90% of the sheep in this country would gladly give up all personal liberty on the mere promise that their benevolent government will care and protect them.

Sadly, this! It absolutely scares the shit out of me that so many have bent over once the governments of the world asked them to get bent. People are applauding the loss of their freedoms this very minute and asking for more.

they have been diluting the cultural hegemony of this country for so long that there is no unifying bedrock anymore. They've deliberately Balkanized us for this chain of events.

Where are the descendants of the people who signed the Declaration of Independence? Marginalized, shamed for being vigilant, and now replaced with more tractable serfs that the political aristocracy can threaten into compliance.

they have been diluting the cultural hegemony of this country for so long that there is no unifying bedrock anymore. They've deliberately Balkanized us for this chain of events.

Where are the descendants of the people who signed the Declaration of Independence? Marginalized, shamed for being vigilant, and now replaced with more tractable serfs that the political aristocracy can threaten into compliance.

Agreed! It’s a damn shame but this didn’t happen overnight! I’ve been saying, the time to respond has long passed!

Maybe we'll get lucky and the whole System will crash and burn and The Patriots can rise up and rebuild it righting all the wrongs.

VooDoo