• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Show off your Rock River Arms ar's !!!

elfster1234

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 3, 2012
    www.youtube.com
    Most of you know I'm a huge fan of RRA ar's, so I figured I would start this thread being that they have one for gaps, obr's, lmt's, blah blah blah. IMO, the best bang for your buck AR's on the market. I'll get this going:

20" varmint A4
    IMG_8221_zpse578e531.jpg

102413rra20inch556_zpsbe4ad19a.jpg

IMG_8232_zpscd1b5008.jpg

18" ATH
    IMG_7280_zpsa128bd15.jpg

4e35109d-1395-47cd-9649-e319dc8fcdf6_zps780c3526.jpg

IMG_7487_zps277b8bf2.jpg

Hi, nice groups! I have to say also thats a beautiful range you get to shoot at!! Where is the range? I 'm in Hawaii and lucky that we do have a public shooting range, although we are shut down now for emergency repair and renovation due to a few strays hitting a house and a few cars near by. Also like using Varget! Have a few small groups with W748.
    Keep up the great shooting!

It's a 600yard range in north / west Wisconsin
    Capture_zps86574e5d.png

& I think I just found a place that's not too far away that is well over 1k
    Capture_zps88b2d8ce.jpg

Hi, nice groups! I have to say also thats a beautiful range you get to shoot at!! Where is the range? I 'm in Hawaii and lucky that we do have a public shooting range, although we are shut down now for emergency repair and renovation due to a few strays hitting a house and a few cars near by. Also like using Varget! Have a few small groups with W748.
    Keep up the great shooting!

she will shoot sub moa with lake city ball ammo most of the time i am working on load development now scope is a leupold 2.5 x 10 i am going to put something else on it soon bought a sightron sii 6x24 for it but my wife bought me a rem 700 sps varmint for xmas so it got the sightron

Last edited:
    Here's Queen Latifa. She's big, black and loud.Its a LAR-8 standard A4 with the advanced half quad, Bennie Cooley brake, LaRue mount and Vortex Midway special scope.

20131229_092017_zpsubowikli.jpg

Last edited:
    Her is my Rock River Advanced Tactical Hunter. I have installed a daniel defense 14 inch quad rail. Replaced with a magpul moe plus grip in od green. Ordered the stock from rr in od green. Just put on the Burris e1 illuminated 3x9. Have not sighted it in yet with this scope. Burris rings. Before anyone asks about the pictures, no i do not shoot at the trampoline in the background. If you have questions, let me know.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388335101732.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1388335101732.jpg
      54.5 KB · Views: 32
    • uploadfromtaptalk1388335111915.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1388335111915.jpg
      37.4 KB · Views: 30
    • uploadfromtaptalk1388335121134.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1388335121134.jpg
      57 KB · Views: 21
    • uploadfromtaptalk1388335132131.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1388335132131.jpg
      36.4 KB · Views: 39
    That awesome dude! Ill check that out! Have you been there? Do you need to jump through 100 hoops to shoot at the 1k line? $350 per year tho, ouch! Do you know if they have a daily pass as i didnt see anything online.

The over 1k spot pic i posted above is super close to my house which is great, but i do make it down to the lodi area from time to time.

Thanks for the kick ass info my friend!

Elfster, there is a 1200 yard range just north of Madison. Winnequah Gun Club.

Last edited:
    Bro, thats one sick set up!

Her is my Rock River Advanced Tactical Hunter. I have installed a daniel defense 14 inch quad rail. Replaced with a magpul moe plus grip in od green. Ordered the stock from rr in od green. Just put on the Burris e1 illuminated 3x9. Have not sighted it in yet with this scope. Burris rings. Before anyone asks about the pictures, no i do not shoot at the trampoline in the background. If you have questions, let me know.

Thanks for the compliments on my Rock River. Highly accurate rifles that are affordable with great triggers and barrels.

I have one question for you... does your front scope mount touch the front handrail? or is it completely on the receiver rail?

Thanks for the compliments on my Rock River. Highly accurate rifles that are affordable with great triggers and barrels.

I have one question for you... does your front scope mount touch the front handrail? or is it completely on the receiver rail?
    The front ring is on the receiver. The Daniel Defense quad rail I put on is rock solid but I still would never use the rail for a scope ring/mount, just a bad idea i think.

yup, make sure its on the main rail... just wondering.

Yeah its hard to tell from pics how people mount optics. I knew what you were after. I have seen people install quad, drop in handguards, non free floating, on their rifles and then use them to mount rings, optics to and then cant figure out how come their rifle will not shoot. Can see some funny stuff out there.

Elfster--I have seen the same groups on other posts and wondered, now I'm asking. I know for a fact that somehow I'm wrong, but I just can't see it.
    Let's look at the .391 group you have the calipers on. It appears you're getting a .391 measurement to the outer extremities of the group. By my calculations you should now subtract the bullet diameter-.224- and arrive at a center-center measurement of .167. You know what you're doing without a doubt. Just please explain to ME what you're doing.

And what really throws me is that the group does not LOOK like a .167 group but it would pass as .391 just estimating from the pic.

I zero'd my calipers on a bullet, then measured outside to outside of bullet hole.

Elfster--I have seen the same groups on other posts and wondered, now I'm asking. I know for a fact that somehow I'm wrong, but I just can't see it.
    Let's look at the .391 group you have the calipers on. It appears you're getting a .391 measurement to the outer extremities of the group. By my calculations you should now subtract the bullet diameter-.224- and arrive at a center-center measurement of .167. You know what you're doing without a doubt. Just please explain to ME what you're doing.

And what really throws me is that the group does not LOOK like a .167 group but it would pass as .391 just estimating from the pic.

I zero'd my calipers on a bullet, then measured outside to outside of bullet hole.

And I've been wondering about this for like...months. I been doing it the hard way, and never wanted to ask cuz it would go down in history as the most stupid question ever asked here. Thank you! I now gladly accept the title of dumbass of the year.

Mine, I have two uppers for it, one for CQB (A4 with 10.5") and the LRH for short range precision. Our PD issues Bushmasters but on the team they let us use personal as long as it meets department requirements. It is a very accurate platform.

Sully

Attachments

• 1378727_625663854160574_1666329630_n.jpg
      1378727_625663854160574_1666329630_n.jpg
      59.2 KB · Views: 18
    My very first AR-15. This rifle could shoot, and it was well before I could. I sold it during the craze, which I now regret.

Rock River Tactical Operator 2
    Two Stage trigger
    Magpul OD Green furniture
    EOTech EXPS 2-0
    EOTech 3x Magnifier w/ flip to side mount

I also ran OD Green PMAG's so it looked really f'n cool! These pics kind of suck, but they're all I have.

P1170346.JPG

P1170345.JPG

Nice!

Mine, I have two uppers for it, one for CQB (A4 with 10.5") and the LRH for short range precision. Our PD issues Bushmasters but on the team they let us use personal as long as it meets department requirements. It is a very accurate platform.

Sully

I ordered from my local gun shop, they ordered from I assume rra. I called rra and they said its because they have had a hard time getting barrels. That was 3 months ago. You would think after a year I would have one. I ordered before the Newtown shooting.

Id never order direct from rra unless you did something custom for some reason. You can usually find them on kentucky gun company or gunbroker for less

I ordered from my local gun shop, they ordered from I assume rra. I called rra and they said its because they have had a hard time getting barrels. That was 3 months ago. You would think after a year I would have one. I ordered before the Newtown shooting.

RRA 20" Varmint. Great shooter. Sub moa all day

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388767353484.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1388767353484.jpg
      81.4 KB · Views: 28
    RRA 16" Tactical. Great plinker. Can't go wrong with a Rock River AR

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388767519764.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1388767519764.jpg
      289.1 KB · Views: 24
    Custom build, 20 inch rock river predator persuit upper, free float handguard, stainless bull barrel and chamber. Lower is a USM4 ( US Auto weapons) special forces limited edition (meaning it has the green beret logo or some crap) and the RRA 2 stage trigger that breaks at 3.5 pounds. Ergo grip. Glass is the leupold mkAR 3-9 power with the TMR reticule and firedot, BDC turrets and matching 1 piece scope mount. GREAT scope! Not impressed with the staking on the RRA bcg. I want to get a stainless bcg and an A2 stock, or maybe one with an adjustable cheekweld and LOP.

Attachments

• 2014-01-04 21.00.51.jpg
      2014-01-04 21.00.51.jpg
      509.6 KB · Views: 38
    • 2014-01-04 20.44.52.jpg
      2014-01-04 20.44.52.jpg
      469.3 KB · Views: 32
    • 2014-01-04 20.45.23.jpg
      2014-01-04 20.45.23.jpg
      562.4 KB · Views: 33
    • 2014-01-04 20.46.06.jpg
      2014-01-04 20.46.06.jpg
      567.6 KB · Views: 23
    • 2014-01-04 20.55.02.jpg
      2014-01-04 20.55.02.jpg
      469.9 KB · Views: 20

24" RRA Varmint Upper
    Bull Stainless Steel 1:8 twist
    New style RRA TRO-XL Extended Length Handguard
    Magpul PRS w/ Monopod
    Harris Bipod
    Vortex PST 4-16x50 FFP
    Vortex Level
    AADMOUNT
    Rainer Arms Lower
    CMMG Parts Kit
    Magpul MOE+ Grip
    Timney Single Stage (might swap it out with a Geissele SSA-E)

Last edited:
    damn!!!! I absolutely love that new New style RRA TRO-XL Extended Length Handguard!!!

you lucky bastard! lol ;) I bet she is an absolute hammer! 100% perfect set up & I wouldn't change a thing as a bench rig / prone varmint shooter.... all you need now is a 20round pmag!

24" RRA Varmint Upper
    Bull Stainless Steel 1:8 twist
    New style RRA TRO-XL Extended Length Handguard
    Magpul PRS w/ Monopod
    Harris Bipod
    Vortex PST 4-16x50 FFP
    Vortex Level
    AADMOUNT
    Rainer Arms Lower
    CMMG Parts Kit
    Magpul MOE+ Grip
    Timney Single Stage (might swap it out with a Geissele SSA-E)

damn!!!! I absolutely love that new New style RRA TRO-XL Extended Length Handguard!!!

you lucky bastard! lol ;) I bet she is an absolute hammer! 100% perfect set up & I wouldn't change a thing as a bench rig / prone varmint shooter.... all you need now is a 20round pmag!

Thanks. I actually have a bunch of 20 round PMAGs disassembled in my safe. I currently live in CA and can't have them assembled in this state. What you see in the picture is actually a 10/30 Stag magazine.

I move to Austin Texas in 2.5 weeks. Can't wait to use proper mags in all my guns.

so, have you shot it yet? any group pics?

Thanks. I actually have a bunch of 20 round PMAGs disassembled in my safe. I currently live in CA and can't have them assembled in this state. What you see in the picture is actually a 10/30 Stag magazine.

I move to Austin Texas in 2.5 weeks. Can't wait to use proper mags in all my guns.

so, have you shot it yet? any group pics?

I sighted it in with American Eagle 5.56 ammo and shot right at 1 MOA but I didn't yet have the monopod. I was shooting with the bipod but no rear support.

Yesterday I had to unmount the scope to get the level installed so I need to sight it in again. Also, I get 100 rounds of Federal Premium Gold Medal Match .223 69gr delivered Monday. I'll be going out Tuesday and trying to get under 0.5 MOA

id bet money you will get better groups with a rear bag in comparison to the mono pod... especially with that kick ass buttstock

I sighted it in with American Eagle 5.56 ammo and shot right at 1 MOA but I didn't yet have the monopod. I was shooting with the bipod but no rear support.

Yesterday I had to unmount the scope to get the level installed so I need to sight it in again. Also, I get 100 rounds of Federal Premium Gold Medal Match .223 69gr delivered Monday. I'll be going out Tuesday and trying to get under 0.5 MOA

id bet money you will get better groups with a rear bag in comparison to the mono pod... especially with that kick ass buttstock

Interesting comment. I always thought a monopod was the way to go...especially because you can screw the monopod up and down to make really small adjustments. Can you school me on why a bag would be better? Do most people shoot better with a bag vs a monopod?

if you use the correct style rear bag = allows the recoil to flow straight back into your shoulder, not some mono pod to catch on what ever and jump the buttstock... usually, the correct way to use a mono pod is to actually grip the monopod with your hand at an angle which produces more heart beat issues. try it both ways and see what you get... monopod is all about speed / field applications in comparison to not having to drag around a rear bag..... its all about keeping your buttstock at the same elevation when you make the shot IF you're going after small ass groups... at least that is what I do... both are useful tools & would keep both... just different purposes.

btw, I'm not a fan of wedge style rear bags as the buttstock "falls off and down" when the rifle is shot / recoil.... get a rear bag that allows the rifle to flow straight back into your shoulder.

try watching this video to get an idea of what I'm talking about.

B&T Ind. Accu-Shot Precision Monopod Review on an Accuracy International AE MkII - YouTube

Interesting comment. I always thought a monopod was the way to go...especially because you can screw the monopod up and down to make really small adjustments. Can you school me on why a bag would be better? Do most people shoot better with a bag vs a monopod?

Last edited:
    Thanks! I'll try both ways.

if you use the correct style rear bag = allows the recoil to flow straight back into your shoulder, not some mono pod to catch on what ever and jump the buttstock... usually, the correct way to use a mono pod is to actually grip the monopod with your hand at an angle which produces more heart beat issues. try it both ways and see what you get... monopod is all about speed / field applications in comparison to not having to drag around a rear bag..... its all about keeping your buttstock at the same elevation when you make the shot IF you're going after small ass groups... at least that is what I do... both are useful tools & would keep both... just different purposes.

btw, I'm not a fan of wedge style rear bags as the buttstock "falls off and down" when the rifle is shot / recoil.... get a rear bag that allows the rifle to flow straight back into your shoulder.

try watching this video to get an idea of what I'm talking about.

B&T Ind. Accu-Shot Precision Monopod Review on an Accuracy International AE MkII - YouTube

20140105_091108.jpg20140105_091142.jpg

Rock River Arms First Responder lower, ASA Side charging upper, 18" BHW barrel, Lancer Systems carbon fiber hand guard, Trot Battle Axe stock and Eotech optics

I have a PRS on my RRA and definitely prefer a rear bag to the B&T monopod. I just couldn't get as steady and my groups were opening up. I watched all the videos of tips/tricks but codn't get comfortable with it. I ultimately gave it to a friend of mine and he loves it. It is all a preference thing.