• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

MARTY!!! That's an AWESOME Buck with a CAPITAL "B"!!! That's fantastic you and your son got to share that,...

Ryan

Way to go Marty... that kicks ass!

Scott, I'm down with whatever you do..... so long as I have the chamber and ammo to match wits with your diabolical plans! Muhahahahahaha::ack::aahahahhahaha......
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey how many of you guys would be interested in a 308/223 only match with farthest target out to 650yds??? </div></div>

Count me in.

Hey TSI -

You still need ROs for your match on the 10th? I am happy to help if you do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey how many of you guys would be interested in a 308/223 only match with farthest target out to 650yds???</div></div>

Absolutely!!!

TSI: Just curious what's the plan for the .223/5.56? Tactical moving, long range, or a combo of both?

Marty- nice mulie and great pic. My son got his first buck @ 9 years old, and he's 20 now. Many fond memories. He's coming home from college this weekend to hunt, and hopefully we'll have a picture to share as well.

Well I was thinking of making the march match either two divisions open (still no magnums sorry) and 308/223 or just 308/223 only. The match will be shot through the shooters playland we are building. Can't wait to see the looks are you faces when i unveil it!!!

We will probably be using it at the findlay cup also so it would give us local guys some practice on it before the big findlay cup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hsss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">restrictions (sorry)</div></div>

single rifle, unless guys wanted to pay to shoot in both classes. i am just thinking of fun ideas nothing is in stone yet though.

TSI you must wait at least 6 weeks... since that's how long it will take to get my scope back
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey how many of you guys would be interested in a 308/223 only match with farthest target out to 650yds??? </div></div>

Sounds great!

Hi everyone,

I just found this thread and thought I would post to say hello to fellow local shooters. I am relatively new to the sport but enjoying it immensely so far.

Regarding another close training option: I took the Thunder Beast rifle course (PFR101) a few weeks ago in Oregon. They normally hold their class down in NM and this is their new venue in the Northwest. Class was held at the Big K Ranch and included shooting steel at variable distances from 100 to 975 yards. Ray & Shane are great instructors and I definitely would recommend it. They will probably host another one in Spring 2012. One of the other students wrote up a recap of the course with pictures: http://www.thunderbeastarms.com/forum/threads/pfr-101-recap-big-k-ranch-elkton-or-10-4-10-6.114/ Me shooting my TRG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J73Sy5smXY

I'm definitely interested in participating in events locally and will be watching out for those. The event that was mentioned recently that is happening in December -- where exactly does this happen & can I get on the standby list in case a spot opens up?

Hey Wetsiders!!!

Is anyone over here a member of Kitsap Rifle & Revolver Club in Bremerton? I'm about a breath away from joining as my 'regular' (privately held and FREE) facility has unexpectedly closed.
I'll have to split time between KRRC and Capital Forest. I hear there're a couple good spots in the forest for "distance learners" like me. I've never been to either of these places so I'm soliciting info on both.
I understand that if you sign up a new member at KRRC you receive a credit for your annual dues...food for thought.

Anyway, any info is appreciated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mutt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Wetsiders!!!

Is anyone over here a member of Kitsap Rifle & Revolver Club in Bremerton? I'm about a breath away from joining as my 'regular' (privately held and FREE) facility has unexpectedly closed.
I'll have to split time between KRRC and Capital Forest. I hear there're a couple good spots in the forest for "distance learners" like me. I've never been to either of these places so I'm soliciting info on both.
I understand that if you sign up a new member at KRRC you receive a credit for your annual dues...food for thought.

Anyway, any info is appreciated.
</div></div>

I would wait. They're still involved in a suit that's not going in their favor at the moment. You could be buying into something that could be closed, bankrupt, or at the least temporarily unavailable.

That was going to be my follow up question; "...How's the suit going...?"
That stinks!!!

Broker, Have you attended the trial? Is it <span style="font-style: italic">that</span> bleak?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mutt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That was going to be my follow up question; "...How's the suit going...?"
That stinks!!!

Broker, Have you attended the trial? Is it <span style="font-style: italic">that</span> bleak? </div></div>

They've been blogging it live on The Sun's website. I'm not very impressed with the defense or their counter questioning. And frankly they built berms without permits. It comes down to if you know someone is looking to shut you down then why would you not take every precaution to prevent giving them ammunition to do so. I also find it amazing how every incident is somehow possibly a .50 cal. The defense counsel always ask if someone is a gun expert or even a gun enthusiast, as if every "Gun Enthusiast" is necessarily knowledgeable. Anything left in the hands of a Judge in this state is not going to go well if the defendant is the one with the gun(s)...

On a side note from a Real Estate Brokers perspective... If you buy a house near a gun range then don't bitch about the noise or safety. That's like buying a house next to a Prison then demanding the prison move because your family is not 100% safe. Or buying a home next to the highway then complaining about the noise from the traffic and wanting the highway moved.

rant over... lol

KRRC does have decent facilities though, and when the suits over I will likely get a membership.

I'm not very happy with Poulsbo Sportsman's at the moment since the last time I was there one of the RO's literally hovered over my friend and I from the time we walked in. I pulled my GAP-10 out of my Eberlestock pack(the range was hot so a flag isn't required) and he immediately jumped me before I set it on the table with "You need a flag in there!" and when I said "If you give me a moment I'll put one in," he quickly returned fire with, "Don't you know how to keep the slide open?" which I firmly followed up with "You don't store a weapon with the dust cover and slide open, and it won't go into the pack with a flag inserted. Thank you..." Then from that point on he paced behind us. I loved it when he commented "Remember no more than 1 round every 2 seconds." before we ever even sent a round down range. The funnier part is the guy next to me shooting with 4 kids a 16" AR-15 never had a flag in the whole time and the RO never said anything to him until I finally pointed it out. The same shooter kept having kids swap out to fire but never safety-ed the weapon between shooters. When he set up to my immediate left and there were 4 other stations I politely asked if he minded moving down one or I could move so his brass wasn't hitting us the RO quickly jumped in again with "No need." and put up a weenie brass deflector they had made. The guy was an obvious member. When I told another RO about how I didn't appreciate being babysat without cause he went into self-defense mode on how they treat everyone like their new to shooting, they're NRA certified, blah blah blah, and if I didn't like it then I should shoot elsewhere. Great way to treat visitors and get new members. It's the 2nd time I've gone there and the RO's want to over-exert their authority. Last time I got reprimanded and told shooters weren't allowed to go from bench to prone without first letting the RO know and then putting my rifle in the case, going cold, then moving the case to the floor, then going hot again to set-up. Seriously? I never see them hovering over members... ever... just visitors. They need to pull their head out of their asses. If I ever go out there again it will be with one of the members so maybe I can actually concentrate on shooting and not the old man barking behind me every 5 seconds without cause...

Mutt you can also check out the Poulsbo Sportsman club, They go up to 200 yrds. and you can pay per visit or join.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
KRRC does have decent facilities though, and when the suits over I will likely get a membership.

I'm not very happy with Poulsbo Sportsman's at the moment since the last time I was there one of the RO's literally hovered over my friend and I from the time we walked in. I pulled my GAP-10 out of my Eberlestock pack(the range was hot so a flag isn't required) and he immediately jumped me before I set it on the table with "You need a flag in there!" and when I said "If you give me a moment I'll put one in," he quickly returned fire with, "Don't you know how to keep the slide open?" which I firmly followed up with "You don't store a weapon with the dust cover and slide open, and it won't go into the pack with a flag inserted. Thank you..." Then from that point on he paced behind us. I loved it when he commented "Remember no more than 1 round every 2 seconds." before we ever even sent a round down range. The funnier part is the guy next to me shooting with 4 kids a 16" AR-15 never had a flag in the whole time and the RO never said anything to him until I finally pointed it out. The same shooter kept having kids swap out to fire but never safety-ed the weapon between shooters. When he set up to my immediate left and there were 4 other stations I politely asked if he minded moving down one or I could move so his brass wasn't hitting us the RO quickly jumped in again with "No need." and put up a weenie brass deflector they had made. The guy was an obvious member. When I told another RO about how I didn't appreciate being babysat without cause he went into self-defense mode on how they treat everyone like their new to shooting, they're NRA certified, blah blah blah, and if I didn't like it then I should shoot elsewhere. Great way to treat visitors and get new members. It's the 2nd time I've gone there and the RO's want to over-exert their authority. Last time I got reprimanded and told shooters weren't allowed to go from bench to prone without first letting the RO know and then putting my rifle in the case, going cold, then moving the case to the floor, then going hot again to set-up. Seriously? I never see them hovering over members... ever... just visitors. They need to pull their head out of their asses. If I ever go out there again it will be with one of the members so maybe I can actually concentrate on shooting and not the old man barking behind me every 5 seconds without cause...

</div></div>

WOW! this makes me feel so lucky to live on the dry side!:D...ive never had any problems at my local range other than being asked to show a mebership card Once in three years!...plus a have a spot thats a 2min drive and a 15min hike where i have a target @1350yds and a few closer wish you guys have the freedom we have over here

I feel pretty lucky too, shoot at Custer Sportsman Club about 4 miles from where I live, RO's are great, keep a good eye on things but are very reasonable and easy to get along with.

Alan, any good job opportunities over there, would love to be able to have that kind of shooting spot that close!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alan_H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW! this makes me feel so lucky to live on the dry side!:D...ive never had any problems at my local range other than being asked to show a mebership card Once in three years!...plus a have a spot thats a 2min drive and a 15min hike where i have a target @1350yds and a few closer wish you guys have the freedom we have over here </div></div>
Sure, rub it in...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: akmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I feel pretty lucky too, shoot at Custer Sportsman Club about 4 miles from where I live...</div></div>
In Southern Canada?
laugh.gif

I thought everything from Bellingham northward was all "love, peace & hair grease" and mandatory armpit hair.
wink.gif

just messin' with ya, akmike!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AtOne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mutt you can also check out the Poulsbo Sportsman club, They go up to 200 yrds. and you can pay per visit or join. </div></div>
I'm going to check them out. Anything reasonable in Kitsap would be favorable. Really too bad that the Birkenstocks are so relentlessly pursuing KRRC.

Hey there's a few of us that aren't complete bunny lovin' tree hugger's up here.

I've got the my share of armpit,(and back)hair(losing it on the head, lookin' like tribe), but at least the wife shaves her pits!

Broker,

I want to go to Poulsbo when you're there.
I want to see if I can keep my groups tight if I'm chuckling at you and the RO going back and forth.
smile.gif

Just get a card and whip it out at him
"...YEAH MEMBER, B!TCHES...NOW BACK UP!!!"

lol
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: akmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey there's a few of us that aren't complete bunny lovin' tree hugger's up here.

I've got the my share of armpit,(and back)hair(losing it on the head, lookin' like tribe), but at least the wife shaves her pits! </div></div>

lol!

Anybody watching the Huskies getin' killed by Stanford. Not a big college FB fan but was hoping for a little closer game.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: akmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody watching the Huskies getin' killed by Stanford. Not a big college FB fan but was hoping for a little closer game. </div></div>

Andrew Luck's a stud,... no way the Huskies could beat Stanford,... I just hope the Seahawks can get their talons on him (Luck) next year,... Knowin' the hawks, they'll win just enough games to be out of the playoffs AND the ability to garner a top pick like Luck,...
frown.gif

I still think the DUCKS will beat Stanford
smile.gif
... and the Huskies,...
laugh.gif
GO DUCKS!!!

Ry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: akmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey there's a few of us that aren't complete bunny lovin' tree hugger's up here.

I've got the my share of armpit,(and back)hair(losing it on the head, lookin' like tribe), but at least the wife shaves her pits!</div></div>

You trying to suggest that I should shave my pits? Or that you're looking for a hairy backed wife???
laugh.gif

Yeah.... I just sat through that debacle... as a Dawg fan, that stings.

I gotta say though, I DO like the way them Stanford boys have been playing football these last several years..... nothin' like linin' up the big uglies, and smashin' the face mask off anything that moves. I think this year is Duck soup.... and all but the most tasteless of Pac 12 fans can agree... stewed Duck smells frickin' gud....

Heh...... blurry.... that's funny... I was typing that, before I saw your response.... classic....

I'm in if I can shoot my 6.5x47 Lapua.

WOW! this makes me feel so lucky to live on the dry side!:D...ive never had any problems at my local range other than being asked to show a mebership card Once in three years!...plus a have a spot thats a 2min drive and a 15min hike where i have a target @1350yds and a few closer wish you guys have the freedom we have over here[/quote]
That's because your local range has ( a couple)great board members.... :)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey how many of you guys would be interested in a 308/223 only match with farthest target out to 650yds??? </div></div>

I'm in if I can shoot my 6.5x47 Lapua.</div></div>

Well since i will probably have open class and 308/223 only you will probably be in luck that is of course if your tall enough to see over the top of the barracades i build tiny tim.

sorry been drinking alittle.

I'm trying to drum up some money to cover expenses while I'm at school, and maybe enough to keep shooting in the meantime. I've put a bunch of stuff up for sale, and I would knock a few bucks off for locals. Thanks!

Just saying hi. I used to shoot at Tacoma Sportsman club but moved to Redmond. I forgot I had a membership here and thought I would check in. I am looking for a new shooting location. Right now I plan on doing shoot on the move in Renton. If anyone has some suggestions for rifle shooting locations in the are let me know.

Hey guys. Just back in Sunny Side for a couple days before Elk season.
Can't upload pics 'till I get home, but I shot a doe on Wed with my 300WM, & Hor 225 HPBT. Was only @ 187 yd(hey that's where the deer was). The bullet blew a softball size exit
shocked.gif
without touching a rib on the way in. Needless to say it didn't suffer. Maybe I'll have a chance for a shot @ an elk, but you never know.

Jeff, that poor doe, 300WM pushing a 225HPBT at your speeds, well no wonder there was a soft ball sized exit hole. I am pretty sure its going to work the same on an Elk if you put the round were its supposed to go. The softball sized exit hole, now we know why Scott has concerns for his steel with your 300WM.

Yeah. I don't like to track animals. I was hoping for a 500-700 yd shot, but the dang deer didn't cooperate. I also hit little achmed (5/8" mild steel) @ 700 yd @ 4000'ASL, & WOW!!! Those things put quarter size craters about 1/8" deep.
I'm going to look into scoping up my DPMS & run 208's in it for the "non-magnum comps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
That's because your local range has ( a couple)great board members.... :) </div></div>

I heard that club has terrible board members though? And besides, you'd probably do better in a 308/223 match since you could shoot your AR that you shoot better than anything else you own! Another advantage of that is that you could probably monopod with a 30 round mag for any standing shots:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another advantage of that is that you could probably monopod with a 30 round mag for any standing shots:) </div></div>

laugh.gif
....Beta Mag might work pretty good.

Hey guys,

I am considering doing a SHWW group buy for Thunderbeast suppressors. Since we are a dealer, this would be for local SHWW guys only, no out of state folks. We would cover transfer fees and shipping to our shop. You would have to come down and fill out the final paperwork. Would like to get a minimum of 10 cans to make this work well. Looking at 10% their listed price with no freight, and this would be for any model of Thunderbeast suppressor. If there is enough interest, I will open this up on this thread only and give final details. I don't want to do this in the open group buy section. Just for us NW members.

Oh, unfortunately you guys would have to pay Washington sales tax in addition.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey how many of you guys would be interested in a 308/223 only match with farthest target out to 650yds??? </div></div>

I'm in if I can shoot my 6.5x47 Lapua.</div></div>

Well since i will probably have open class and 308/223 only you will probably be in luck <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">that is of course if your tall enough to see over the top of the barracades i build tiny tim.</span></span>
sorry been drinking alittle. </div></div>
Don't be a hater just cause guys like us have low and stable centers of gravity ...
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys,

I am considering doing a SHWW group buy for Thunderbeast suppressors. Since we are a dealer, this would be for local SHWW guys only, no out of state folks. We would cover transfer fees and shipping to our shop. You would have to come down and fill out the final paperwork. Would like to get a minimum of 10 cans to make this work well. Looking at 10% their listed price with no freight, and this would be for any model of Thunderbeast suppressor. If there is enough interest, I will open this up on this thread only and give final details. I don't want to do this in the open group buy section. Just for us NW members.

Oh, unfortunately you guys would have to pay Washington sales tax in addition.</div></div>

I would be interested in the 30BA model.

Travis I think I would be in on that. Not sure which one but I'm game for that

Jake Vibbert

Sorry man... Ordered mine back around May or so, or I'd be in for sure!

My paperwork is supposed to be FINALLY coming through in November.... been a loooooong wait
wink.gif

7mmAM said:
Looks like we have 3 interested so far. Going to need some interest to make this one work. [/quote
Well you know I'm interested, but all of my funds are wrapped up for the new build as you know. Feb of next year would be better for me, once I get the tax return back.

[/quote Well you know I'm interested, but all of my funds are wrapped up for the new build as you know. Feb of next year would be better for me, once I get the tax return back. [/quote]

Hmmmm...what do you got cooking in the oven?