• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

Yes know your limit will be back and doghouse along with a couple other new props/barracades. Also be ready for alittle more short range paper precision.along with alittle rapid bolt manipulation

This time make sure you bring 100 rds because it will be at least 90rds. Probably 30 paper 60-70 steel. Every stage will have front support available of some type.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Also, I'm not very familiar with Eastern WA in the winter. Should I count on snow on the ground?</div></div>

.....Awe... it's the Florida of the west out there.... downright balmy... shorts, flips.... your favorite muscle shirt.... GTG.... don't forget the sunscreen!

Ranger, just completed my trust paperwork, have been looking for a can for my Grendel clone, really leaning towards the AAC SPR/M4, it offers not only a quick detach feature, but the ability to adjust zero. Another point was theres apparetly considerably less blow back/backpressure than some of the other AAC products. The 308 can they have is the 762-SDN-6, it seems to get some very good reviews. I know the local Gemtech dealer and the HVT-THD has been around a while and is very reasonably priced, but I really don't need a 308 can.

I need a licensed electrician to wire up lights and electrical outlets in my new reloading room. Does anyone know of a local, (Gig Harbor/Bremerton) licensed electrician who might do work in exchange for one or more firearms?

I need about four 4 socket (110V) outlets, and 4 overhead lights wired into the room. All that is in there now is one overhead light in the middle of the room. The room has exposed stud walls, and no hard ceiling. The local electrician that I had do some other work for me, quoted me around $600-700, but he was only interested in cash. If so, please email me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes know your limit will be back and doghouse along with a couple other new props/barracades. Also be ready for alittle more short range paper precision.along with alittle rapid bolt manipulation

This time make sure you bring 100 rds because it will be at least 90rds. Probably 30 paper 60-70 steel. Every stage will have front support available of some type. </div></div>

SWEET....i can hopeflly get some redemption on the KYL rack!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Every stage will have front support available of some type. </div></div>

So no off hand or sitting? No shooting from sticks or anything like that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Every stage will have front support available of some type. </div></div>

So no off hand or sitting? No shooting from sticks or anything like that?</div></div>

Sorry no more hints

semper paratus

Not looking for hints. Just trying to understand your statement.

It would be challenging and fun to have a couple stages were the shooter has to say shoot from sitting or standing supported, With the tools the shooter has to pack around all day. Maybe he could stand and shoot with shooting sticks but he has to carry those all day, or ski pole or whatever but he has to pack it all day. That way the match would also be a little strategy of what the shooter chooses to pack all day!!!

Pack a bunch of stuff all day and have less energy, pack lighter for more energy!!!

I am definetely excited for your match Scott. Should be tons of fun. I'll make sure I bring my ammo AND my scope is securely mounted!!!! LOL. Bad memories!

Where is this match held? Is there a website with more information?

I am used to 3-gun, but I'm so bad with a pistol that I'm thinking about going to rifle-only matches.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Prizes again - Hot Dam!
smile.gif
</div></div>

Yeah buddy there will actually couple thousand in prizes. we currently have prizes by

Gerber Knives/Acc
Magpul Dynamics
Three Forks Ammo and Reloading
Benchmark Barrels

Mind you all of these great companies volunteered to donate, 100% unsolicited donations straight from there hearts/pocketbooks so they are greatly appreciated. If you guys talk to any other companies that may want to donate have them get in contact with me. cell 360 632 6482

Ill donate a muzzle break and install.
Unless you have a different idea.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hsss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ill donate a muzzle break and install.
Unless you have a different idea.</div></div>

I promise you will get no complaints from anyone. I am appreciative of any type of sponsorship you are willing to provide.

Well, I'm back from a very successful hunting season. I was able to fill 2, of 3 tags including my 1st spike bull elk after almost 15yrs of hunting eastern Wa. Both were taken with my 300WM using Hornady's new 225gr HPBT. Both were one shot, & both went less than 50yd.
My doe. Shot was only 187 yd.
[img:left]
2011-10-19115744.jpg
[/img]
I posted the graphic stuff on the 225 kills in the hunting section if anyone wants to view the carnage.
Me with my 1st Spike Bull!!!
[img:left]
2011-11-05092754.jpg
[/img]
The bull I was able to take @ 300yd. I was hoping for longer shots to test these new bullets, but you take the shot that's offered. I can still go out for the late buck & try to fill that tag, but I don't have the freezer space once I get the elk back.

Yeah buddy there will actually couple thousand in prizes. we currently have prizes by

Gerber Knives/Acc
Magpul Dynamics
Three Forks Ammo and Reloading
Benchmark Barrels
High Speed Shooting Systems
B.A. Gear

Jeff, Congrats on your spike, you must have been stoked. Scott for the reasons mentioned above, I swung into three forks in Ce Elum on my last trip out east. A good selection at very reasonable prices, if you have time going to Scott's match swing by and support them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'll make sure I bring my ammo AND my scope is securely mounted!!!! LOL. Bad memories! </div></div>

<span style="font-size: 11pt"> <span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> <span style="color: #000099">Jake, just make sure that if it's raining/snowing you leave <span style="font-weight: bold">your</span> rifle out in the elements after shooting
wink.gif
</span> </span> </span>

I promise you I wont leave MY rifle out there!!!! LOL, sorry scott....my bad

I think scott has sold that rifle five times over by now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I promise you I wont leave MY rifle out there!!!! LOL, sorry scott....my bad

I think scott has sold that rifle five times over by now. </div></div>

Good to know you wouldn't do it to your own rifle.

I have been out of the scene for about a year but am interested in this 308 match. I combed back a page or two but to confirm what is the date and just a rough location?

CJG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rotortuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been out of the scene for about a year but am interested in this 308 match. I combed back a page or two but to confirm what is the date and just a rough location?

CJG </div></div>
Ellensburg, December 10th.
Come on out, the match is full but there is always room for spotters and good comaraderie.
SScott

For clarification.... the 10th is not a "308 Match"... it's a non-magnum match. The 308/223 match is still running inside TSI's wheel.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sunnyside Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tribe,

What rifle are you shooting in December, since the mighty 300 win mag is not allowed.
SScott</div></div>

Not sure if he will let the cat out of the bag, but is standard tribe style and truly BADASS!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For clarification.... The 308/223 match is still running inside TSI's wheel..... </div></div>

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> I would surmise that TSI's "wheel" has probably smoked a couple bearings in anticipation of the new endowment that he will be blessed with in the not too distant future. Awkward positions has nothing to do with December 10th...it's just a smoke screen
wink.gif
</span>

So for this .223/.308 match will there be a division for other cartridges? Pretty much the only thing that's stopping me from selling my long range .223 AR upper is this proposed match. If we can shoot other things in a separate division then I don't have to keep that upper around.

Jim is thinking the Findlay Cup may be a Short Action Bolt rifle only match (for safe shooting from Heli). I'm pushing to allow the Semi Auto's for rest of match, ? know if using another (2nd) rifle for the heli will be allowed.

I'm struggling to think of how a short action from a helicopter would be more safe than a long action from a helicopter. I can at least see the argument against semi autos, but short action only would be nuts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So for this .223/.308 match will there be a division for other cartridges? Pretty much the only thing that's stopping me from selling my long range .223 AR upper is this proposed match. If we can shoot other things in a separate division then I don't have to keep that upper around.</div></div>

I am currently undecided on what it is going to be setup as caliber restrictions. But if u have a 308 that will work also

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So for this .223/.308 match will there be a division for other cartridges? Pretty much the only thing that's stopping me from selling my long range .223 AR upper is this proposed match. If we can shoot other things in a separate division then I don't have to keep that upper around.</div></div>

I am currently undecided on what it is going to be setup as caliber restrictions. But if u have a 308 that will work also</div></div>

My only .308 is about to get torn down and turned into another .260. I just remembered that my dad has a .308 bolt gun though that I could always borrow.

I have way to many crazy thoughts on exactly what we will be doing. Might have two divisions may not, might only be 308/223,hell there may be no restrictions. I will probably open it up for discussion after the match to all the shooters.

A 308/223 match would be fun. It would put everyone's skills to use for sure. Pretty sure we are going to run 308's this year just for the added challenge factor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A 308/223 match would be fun. It would put everyone's skills to use for sure. Pretty sure we are going to run 308's this year just for the added challenge factor.

</div></div>

I am leaning more and more towards the 308/223 only. I have even been considering doing it on a time basis similar to 3 gun scoring where you get as many rounds as you need to get the hits. damn head is spinning.

Speaking of trying to simplify these matches, it looks like we are considering short action chamberings, in bolt action rifles, only for the 2012 FC.
Scott, don't over think it and there is no way you will make everyone happy. Those that bitch are more than welome to put their own match on.

Just to clarify, is a short action cartridge being used in a long action gun ok, or does the gun itself have to be short action?

Damn it! Make it short action. I'm getting a new match rifle built, and I will be damned if I can't shoot a match because it isn't a 223/308.

Come on guys!
eek.gif

well shit....that means ill need a switch barrel also...oh wait i have a .308, or two
grin.gif
which reminds me ill probably be sending that in the future to you travis for a little "tune up"

why would everyone limit it to certain action lengths or to certain cartridges anyway? Just shoot what you have and compete with it. If you are consistently getting last place in a long range match then you should stop using a 22. Pretty simple, if you want to compete with the big boys then bring a big boy weapon.

Jim, short actions, would something like a 7/300 WSM be good for that? As long as its in a short action?

If we are going to do a 308/223 match it would be better to have a 308 match separate and then have a separate 223 match. Because the 223 gets killed by the 308. And then all the 223 users are going to start complaining because is just not fair!!! LOL

lets just start having .260 only matches, and then 300 WM matches, and then and then. Bull poop, brung what you brung and may the best man and his equipment win!!!!

There has to be a way to have an equalizer out there for the big guns, maybe faster followup shots or maybe more unsupported stuff where the rifle weight becomes a factor.

Just my thought, but I would love to have a 308/223 match, fun times!!!!

jcvibby,
We all know the problems with magnums and how they beat up the targets and that's why they're not allowed in many matches....

I'm sure I could put together a match you could use whatever you want, but don't whine when you have to replace the barrel after the match:)

I think all of that is part of the game!!!!! If someone wanted to shoot a barrel burner that you are right, they will have to replace the barrel.

On second thought, what we should do is a rifle match where there is a limit to how much the rifle set up can cost. I think that would be fun. Maybe like a $1000 limit with optics. maybe thats too cheap but something like that. Sounds fun!! I dont have such a rifle except a hunting rifle, that thing would hurt to shoot 10 times, not sure I could complete an entire match!!!!

I am really thankful that Scott and Jim and Jeff and others will put on matches, I know they put tons of work into it and it's truly awesome. Thanks again guys!!
No complaining here, just shoot and be happy!

Are we there yet?

Maybe we should all get together and kick rocks...

If a dudes throwing a match.... a dude is throwing a match. He don't need to care what any of us nipple twister's have got to say about it.

There's no rules stating <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">WHO</span></span> can throw a match, or how that mofo is going to run it.... ....WE CAN ALL BE GRATEFUL FOR THAT.

Shoot the fuck up.... or move along.
grin.gif

JMHOFWIFW
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are we there yet?

Maybe we should all get together and kick rocks...

If a dudes throwing a match.... a dude is throwing a match. He don't need to care what any of us nipple twister's have got to say about it.

There's no rules stating <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">WHO</span></span> can throw a match, or how that mofo is going to run it.... ....WE CAN ALL BE GRATEFUL FOR THAT.

Shoot the fuck up.... or move along.
grin.gif

JMHOFWIFW
whistle.gif
</div></div>
And that, my Friends, is the truth! And it's coming from a shooter (Tribe) who would love to compete with his .300 Win Mag! He who does all the work to hold the match, decides the match restrictions. The rest of us really need to be grateful that someone is stepping up to the plate so a match can be held in the first place.

<span style="font-size: 17pt"> <span style="color: #000099"> <span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> ^^^^^^^^^^^What they said^^^^^^^^^^^

and thanks Scott for all the time you donate to think out, design, and put together these matches!!!! Much appreciated+</span> </span> </span>

I'm not complaining about the rules, I'm just trying to understand exactly what they are. First we were told no magnums and now we're being told possibly nothing other than short action rifles. If that's the case then I need to shoot something other than what I was counting on shooting. Again, I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to get clarification so I can practice between now and the match with the rifle that I'm going to end up using.