• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

My many thanks to Unknown for the practical shoot in Eatonville today. I'm very glad to have supported the opening of this new venue and feel indebted for the months of time/negotiation that he invested to finally have a practical shoot happen. Today I enjoyed the product of that effort. Thanks also to Broker for the shooting advice/tips, they enhanced the learning experience I gained from the match.
smile.gif

Tony

•"The symbol of all relationships among such men, the moral symbol of respect for human beings, is the trader. We, who live by values, not by loot, are traders, both in matter and in spirit. A trader is a man who earns what he gets and does not give or take the undeserved."
-Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged, Part 3, Ch. 7

Another heartfelt 'many thanks' to all the folks who sent me PMs with advice on shooting in the Mt Vernon area. After much thought and navel contemplation I have decided that I can't in good conscience take a job that I know would make me unhappy despite the good pay. So I will be staying in my Wenatchee home and pursuing another opportunity. Thanks to all who gave me information to help with the decision.

Pinsandpitons,
Your decision to forgo good pay in favor of happiness speaks volumes of great stuff about your wisdom.

I just wish more people would realize that money doesn't equal or create happiness. Although I'm quite happy, I sure wouldn't mind keeping the happiness, and seeing how having extra money would feel.

I’m cleaning out the ammo depot and am giving you guys the first shot.

I've got about 15 rounds of 6.8 SPC ammo that needs a good home. It's the orange box HSM brand loaded with the 110 grain V-Max. this is FREE if we can figure out a way to get it to you.

I also have 100 rounds of 6.5 Grendel ammo. It's Hornady Match ammo loaded with the 123 grain A-Max. $75 (gas money) but once again, we need to figure out how to get this to you.

I also have LOTS of .308 ammo. Most is hand loaded and NOT bench rest quality but is better than surplus military ammo. Once again, just have to figure out a way to get it to you.

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">1. 400 rounds of 308 loaded with 168 grain Mil-Spec HPBT, 45 grains of Varget, VIRGIN Winchester brass. $200.00</span> Stored in steel army ammo cans and CORRODED. Not for sale.
cry.gif

2. 400 rounds of 308 loaded with 168 grain A-Max, 45 grains of Varget, once fired/full length resized (with both Redding's MATCH resizing die and Redding's SMALL BASE resizing die) NICKEL PLATED Winchester brass. Nickel plating doesn't corrode as easily as brass in long term storage, hence the reason I used it. $200.00

3. <span style="text-decoration: line-through">400</span> 200 rounds total:

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">200 rounds of 308 loaded with 168 grain Mil-Spec HPBT, 45 grains of Varget, VIRGIN Winchester brass.</span> Stored in steel army ammo cans and CORRODED. Not for sale.
cry.gif

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">Plus,</span>

200 rounds of 308 loaded with 168 grain A-Max, 45 grains of Varget, once fired/full length resized (with both Redding's MATCH resizing die and Redding's SMALL BASE resizing die) nickel plated Winchester brass. Nickel plating doesn't corrode as easily as brass in long term storage, hence the reason I used it. $100.00.

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">4. 400 rounds of Nosler Custom Competition .308 ammo still in sealed factory cases. 168 grain HPBT. $200.00</span> sorry, gone.

The cost of shipping is the biggest expenditure that I'm trying to avoid. I might be in central Washington in the next week or so.

Hey fellas, I know some of you were wanting to know when HCA kicked off and its finally here. Took our first orders yesterday afternoon. I'm continuing to add lots and lots of products to the site so if you aren't seeing something under a manufacturer let me know. I'll also be selling stuff here on the hide but have limited quantities of certain items. Hoping to have an additional 30-40 products added by the end of today! Even if you aren't in the market for anything I'd appreciate any feedback ya'll got. Thank you very much and let me know if there's anything you're looking for!

www.hellscanyonarmory.com

Facebook Site:
www.facebook.com/hellscanyonarmory

Mike

For all you easterners... A property in Quincy just came up off of Baird Springs rd. 470 acres, 2 natural streams and irrigation release, a huge newer horse barn, and fully fenced w/ 4 strand barbed wire for $299K.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinsandpitons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another heartfelt 'many thanks' to all the folks who sent me PMs with advice on shooting in the Mt Vernon area. After much thought and navel contemplation I have decided that I can't in good conscience take a job that I know would make me unhappy despite the good pay. So I will be staying in my Wenatchee home and pursuing another opportunity. Thanks to all who gave me information to help with the decision. </div></div>

Whoo hoo for us
Good to hear! something will happen I am sure of it
T

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinsandpitons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I will be staying in my Wenatchee home...</div></div>

Good. We'd miss you, and money isn't everything.

1911fan

Offerred first to locals:

NightForce 3.5-15X50 (I think it's 50) NPR-1 reticle, some scratches, MOA knobs. No ZS and not high speed but works fine.

$1300, cash only, no trades unless you've got a BMW 650GS and I'll add cash.

1911fan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Offerred first to locals:

NightForce 3.5-15X50 (I think it's 50) NPR-1 reticle, some scratches, MOA knobs. No ZS and not high speed but works fine.

$1300, cash only, no trades unless you've got a BMW 650GS and I'll add cash.

1911fan </div></div>
Dang, wish I had the money!
cry.gif

Hey Guys, Good news and Bad news.

The GOOD news: I had a wonderful trip to Yakima, WA to visit JD Thomas of HSSS. Great guy, very easy to work with. Keep him at or near the top of your list for gunsmiths to work on your rifles for you. Stellar precision, excellent services, excellent prices.

The BAD news: I stopped in at "Outdoors Unlimited" (formally known as Sportsmens Warehouse) in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho on my way back. I was shopping for Hodgdon reloading powder, in particular, H-1000. Was shocked to see that Outdoors Unlimited had raised the price of H-1000 by $7 per pound. No shit. The price went from $22 and change to $29 and change. I personally talked to the head of the Firearms department and he said it was because of "demand during the election year" and "politics". He also said that by election time, "We will be happy to find powder at $38 a pound".

When I got back here to Whitefish Montana, I checked the prices locally for H-1000. It's still $22 and change around here <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">except for one asshole who says there "is an election year powder shortage" and he raised his prices to $28 and change per pound.</span></span>

For what it's worth, Powder Valley online still lists H-1000 at $20.55 per pound with plenty in stock. And 8 pound kegs are listed at $145.00, also in stock.

The Vultures are coming out, guys. Just like the "Primer Shortage" of a few years ago, those who are willing to rape us reloaders financially are already moving to do so. I recommend you put together the largest group buys you can afford to so you have more than enough powder until this "election year powder shortage" blows over.

My ¢2

Ah yes the powder, primer, bullet, ammo shortage.

fear /fi(&#601;)r/ (noun); 1. An unpleasant emotion used to scare your constituents into supporting ideas they don't actually believe in. 2. An unpleasant emotion used to scare your customers into buying products based on future uncertainties.

Oh wait, local shooting forum... Right! Hey the guy I'm running the 24hr Sniper Challenge with is coming to the area so we can do some shakedown hikes/runs. We were going to do the Shoot and move but alas... The monthly NCWGC match is still on for the 1st as far as anyone knows correct? Jim? Jesse? He wants to shoot in that but I don't desire to get his hopes up and then smash 'em.

At this time, we ill have a monthly match on 7-1-12, set up at 7am, shoot at 8:30am.
August will be the 3 gun on the 25th so I don't think we will have the monthly match. Too much prep for the 3 gun to have the time and energy for the monthly.
Also, we should have sign up for both here in a couple of days at the most.
The 3 gun will limit at 24 shooters and should fill rather quickly.

Anyone here do auto paint? or have a connection or recommendation?
Need to paint my daughters corolla and I am having a hard time spending 2K!
Thanks
T

Check out these guys, they run specials here in Spokane for around $400 every now and then. Their quality is ok for what I've seen, not great. The more prep work you can do yourself the better it will be.

Maaco Auto Painting & Bodywork

2001b N Wenatchee Ave,
Wenatchee, WA 98801-1079
+1 (509) 663-4131

good luck,

Seekers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rover31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone here do auto paint? or have a connection or recommendation?
Need to paint my daughters corolla and I am having a hard time spending 2K!
Thanks
T </div></div>

Wal-mart sells spray paint for 89 cents a can.....
grin.gif

You could do a pink version of multi-cam with .89 a can!! Tacti-colour.

You guys in Washington are lucky. I sent in to Threeforksreloading.com a $100 certificate I received at the Findlay Cup for as many 210 Berger VLD's I could get for it. They arrived today, one box.

Here's the kicker, also included was a check for $33.27! He didn't have to do that! Very cool.

Thanks Three Forks Reloading in Cle Elum!

Hey Group,

I'm in desperate need of some "Vacation" ideas....

Wife & 4 Kids... kids ages 13 to 5. I'd really like to find a relatively low-key place to visit for about a week this July.... access to water is key.

Ideally.... Eastern WA, or Idaho....

Thanks!
wink.gif

Just spent 3 days/ 4 nights last week in McCall ID, right on Payette Lake... pretty nice. Some interesting scenery, hikes, bike trails, canoe rentals, etc. in the area.

I like Mccall ID as well. Nice place, they have some water, and lots of other things/activities to do. You will be happy with Mccall.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Group,

Wife & 4 Kids... kids ages 13 to 5. I'd really like to find a relatively low-key place to visit for about a week this July.... access to water is key.

Thanks!
wink.gif
</div></div>
Fly into Glacier International Airport in Kalispell, MT. (it's 10 hours of solid driving if you can't fly in). Visit Glacier National Park and stay at one of the lake side resorts in the park. Or, stay outside the park at one of the many beautiful lakes. Both Flathead lake and Whitefish lake are beautiful settings. Fishing, swimming, hiking, trail riding, shooting (just tag along with me) and all sorts of other trouble is available for you to get involved in.

http://www.nationalparkreservations.com/glacier.php

Glacier National Park

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Group,

Thanks!
wink.gif
</div></div>
Sent you a text.

Wow guys... thanks!

... no boat. I bought these REALLY frickin' expensive guns.... I've got no other "hobbies"
wink.gif

Just got back from a trip to Missoula. Lots of water there for ya and not that far to go (2 1/2 hours east of Coeur D'alene).

Thanks!
wink.gif
</div></div>

You could always head to Moses Lake! We all know you like to "hike" out there thru the sagebrush, I guess you'd have to take Jesse, I think he liked that "hike" too
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will say this, "less driving = more fun". My ¢2</div></div>
Yeah.... especially with four wolverines ...errr... kids, trapped in a rolling box....
laugh.gif

ak..... that area of Moses Lake may be a bit......... ummmm..... dusty..... for the wife's taste
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ak..... that area of Moses Lake may be a bit......... ummmm..... dusty..... for the wife's taste
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Heck, it's a bit dusty for my tastes!!!

When you said low key and near the water my first thought was Maui, then I came to the part about E.WA/ID.

Any interest in crossing the border to Canada? The Okanagan is great for all things summer. Anywhere between Osoyoos(right on the border) and Salmon Arm. Lakes everywhere. A lot of people rent an R.V. and cruise the whole area. Kalamalka lake near Vernon is my favourite and there is Provincial park R.V. sites right on the lake. Fintry is cool, and Mable lake is really nice and low key. Both are near Vernon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... I bought these REALLY frickin' expensive guns.... </div></div>

Somehow, I managed to resemble that remark, REALLY!
laugh.gif
<span style="font-style: italic">(It's ALL TSI's fault, but I aint complaining a bit=He set the hook on a BUNCH of us!) </span>

Had I not dove in headfirst, I wouldnt have met you nice peoples! Unlike Tribe, I do have other hobbies...just no monies to chase them.
wink.gif

Chad I'd go for Seaside Oregon for the family.
We went last year and it was a blast for the kids.
Beach, Arcade, shops and driving down the coast a little to see the Tillimook Cheese factory.
They'll have a ball.
Get a place on the water and fun is just outside your door.

If you do Seaside check out vacation homes for rent by owner! They are VERY reasonable and provide a homey feeling where you can BBQ, hangout, and do pretty much whatever!

Mike

+1 on this idea

We stayed 3 days on the beach in San Diego in a fully furnished & equipped 2 bedroom w/kitchen for less than a motel and saved a ton by cooking. Marine land and San Diego Zoo within minutes.

Seekers

Hmm, the Tillimook Cheese factory! Where the best cows in America have two career options. Either to make great cheese, or to make great jerkey!
laugh.gif