• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

For those interested, Upper Nisqually Sportsman's club is giving me the 550 yard range on the 3rd saturday of August, September, and October for practical rifle matches. More info is posted in the Puget Sound shooters area.

If anyone wants on the mailing list, send a really short email to "[email protected]". Something short like "I'm in", or "put me on the list" is enough. That way, I can copy the email address onto outgoing emails.

I was invited to an invitation only practical/ tactical match Saturday on a private ranch. We had an assortment of challenges from 2 helicopters, a Humvee and a Truck. Also from static firing points, we had shots from 150 yards out to 975 yards including a mover at 450 and unknown from ~400-1000, shots into buildings and cars with obscure targets etc. The match director set up a course of fire that was very challenging to say the least.
I tied for first place over all but slipped into second place when the times had to be used for the tie breaker.( I was a bit slow on 2- timed events)
Very pleased with my results considering who I was shooting against.
I shot my RBros 6.5X47 Lapua with a NF NXS 5.5-22 and Gemtec HTV suppressor. For the handgun I used my Glock 34.
A shot of the helicopters we used
photobucket-9917-1344738280508.jpg

Nice work Jim ! Sounds like a great time, You need to invite me along to get actions shots next time
wink.gif

Congrats on your shooting Jim! Sounds like a great time. I haven't shot much since Kettle Falls, but I did get my empties annealed. Guess I should get of my ass and get them loaded.
wink.gif
How many rounds do you have through your 6.5 barrel now?

Thanks for the link Sreekers! Good prices there for sure! I already pulled the trigger on the CCI with my account through RSR as I get a super low shipping and its a relatively low quanitity. I'll be looking to there for my next pistol ammo purchases though thank you!

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HellsCanyonArmory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the link Sreekers! Good prices there for sure! I already pulled the trigger on the CCI with my account through RSR as I get a super low shipping and its a relatively low quanitity. I'll be looking to there for my next pistol ammo purchases though thank you!

Mike </div></div>

You do realize RSR has free shipping on a case.. In case you didn't know.

A quick question about the multi gun match and the 200 rounds of pistol on that stage... does that mean that essentially all of our pistol shooting will take place in that one stage? I'm not complaining or anything, just trying to get clarification so I know how much ammo to bring and I can plan for how to carry 200 rounds of pistol ammo at one time on me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ryo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You do realize RSR has free shipping on a case.. In case you didn't know. </div></div>

Yeah I did know thank you. However I'm trying out a new pistol and otherwise don't own a 40 cal. I have a bit of other product in on the order as well as my shipping was around $5 I think.

I talked to JTP last night about the 200 rounds of pistol ammo on that stage. He said that it's a long course that we will be traveling and take approx 15 minutes to shoot. The most we'll shoot at a single stage will be around 65 rounds (plus or minus a few) and we should have time to reload while traveling from one shooting position to the next. You can carry all ammo in mags if you have them, or carry them loose in a pouch or backpack or ammo case. Just know the important thing is that once you start at the beginning of the course, you won't be able to move back to where you started. Hope this helps and I didn't screw it up too bad JTP!

Mike

Revised round count per JtP...

300 pistol
75 shot
10 slug
150 rifle

As far as the long stage goes....bring as many mags as you have and a couple pouches. One for loose ammo and one for empty mags!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^ anybody else shooting SIG 226, i got 6 mags / i need another 7
smile.gif
OR UZI pistol i can barrow</div></div>

Same goes for me and shooting a 40 cal M&P lol I'll be running 5 mags.

Its ok though, I'm used to carrying pockets full of shells per the monthly matches
wink.gif

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Revised round count per JtP...
As far as the long stage goes....bring as many mags as you have and a couple pouches. One for loose ammo and one for empty mags!</div></div>

Can somebody clarify on this monster pistol stage: will hauling ass during the 'travelling' between shooting portions of the stage be in order?

...considering whether to pick up more pistol mags (if "only" having 119 rounds in mags will be a disadvantage)
smile.gif

Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattj</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Revised round count per JtP...
As far as the long stage goes....bring as many mags as you have and a couple pouches. One for loose ammo and one for empty mags!</div></div>

Can somebody clarify on this monster pistol stage: will hauling ass during the 'travelling' between shooting portions of the stage be in order?

...considering whether to pick up more pistol mags (if "only" having 119 rounds in mags will be a disadvantage)
smile.gif

Thanks!
</div></div>

I'm going to make the suggestion to only time the shooting part so that people have time to reload mags between shooting positions. I know the stage will have an overall time limit though (including reloading), so it's in your best interest to be able to load mags quickly.

Sounds like a magazine loading stage rather than a shooting skill stage. With that said, I support any match director's right to do whatever they wish with their match.

I have been to matches where use of a knife was part of the stage, so I guess this isn't as far afield as it might first appear. People rich enough to have plenty of pre-loaded magazines sure get a break.

As someone who has a ton of mags for their pistol, I urge you to require all mag loading to be done on the clock, and preferably while the shooter is pelted with rocks.
grin.gif

For you Easterners... there's 400+ acres just east of Moses Lake for $165K.

OK to clarify on the gully pistol stage. This post is about the pistol stage only, (other than the sniveling, that goes for the entire match)
You will need ~200 rounds of pistol ammo.
You will be able to have 100 rounds MAX in mags at the start of the stage.
You will need boots, water, some way to carry ~100 rounds of loose ammo, some way to carry your loaded mags, some way to secure your empty mags, a very secure holster, the ability to climb and descend rough Terran.
This is a fun match. If you whine, bitch, complain, get misty eyed etc, Do NOT show up. I do not want you in the match. I do not want you to even be on club property.
Don't e-mail, text, PM or call me if you are going to do any of the above sniveling.
If you have any questions, please feel free to PM or call me
509-884-1000
Thanks
Jim

Do we need to carry those mags and the pistol on our belts for the entire match? For example, can I put extra mag pouches on my belt just for that stage and then toss them into my pack when I'm done with the stage?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do we need to carry those mags and the pistol on our belts for the entire match? <span style="color: #FF0000">NOPE </span> For example, can I put extra mag pouches on my belt just for that stage and then toss them into my pack when I'm done with the stage? <span style="color: #FF0000"> YUP</span> </div></div>

Sorry Alan you were collateral damage. Trying to jab JTP.

It was a fun match. Good for me as I've been fighting a rifle that had some issues for a few years assuming it was my fault for those weird uncalled flyers.

Glen put a nice rifle together for "Sandy"

Rory

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinsandpitons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RE: 3-gun

Super bummed I won't be around for this. </div></div>

Why not?

1911fan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinsandpitons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RE: 3-gun

Super bummed I won't be around for this. </div></div>

Why not?

1911fan </div></div>

Guiding.... Idaho.... Very smokey here.

I feel your pain...But I'm visiting Travis at RBROS tomorrow to buy some redemption
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Proof that I have pissed off God.

Shot5-3.jpg

Shot5-2.jpg

Shot5-1.jpg

</div></div>

Hey, I wanted to give WA guys a heads up/deal.

I just got, and am now selling, a CG X-Treme Tactical Two Stage Trigger from Champion Shooter Supply. This is the model with the solid trigger shoe and safety but no bolt release. I am only selling so I can turn around and get the model with a bolt release.

http://www.championshooters.com/store/product.php?productid=983&cat=270&page=1

$300.00 shipped

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cegorach</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, I wanted to give WA guys a heads up/deal.

I just got, and am now selling, a CG X-Treme Tactical Two Stage Trigger from Champion Shooter Supply. This is the model with the solid trigger shoe and safety but no bolt release. I am only selling so I can turn around and get the model with a bolt release.

http://www.championshooters.com/store/product.php?productid=983&cat=270&page=1

$300.00 shipped </div></div>
CG makes some of the nicest triggers around!

Jim I saw the barrel in the lathe yesterday morning and I hate to admit it but I fondled your stock too while I was there
wink.gif

Looks great !
I picked up my new to me RBROS yesterday and posted up a over view of it Here so if you guys have any RBROS get in there and post up some pictures and reviews !
Here's mine
kba8fc.jpg

Thats really awesome Jim!!!!!

Travis is making me a barreled action as well. Its going to be a 6.5x47L too. Maybe he chambered both the barrels at the same time!!!

Hey there fellas -

Maybe its just the red wine, but I've been sittin' here ponderin' how fortunate we are to to have this fine community of PNW shooters. I feel blessed to know each of you. Some of you are like brothers, and the rest I just don't know well enough yet... I look forward to the coming months...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Travis sent a teaser picture of my new 6.5X47L built on a one off Left hand RBros rifles Rogue action.</div></div>

How much is he charging for the integral step stool? Will it get coated to match?