• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

Plus, there is a great McMenamin's pub just a little bit south in Tillamook. You can order a "sampler" that has about 6-10 4 ounce glasses of their various beers, or take your own container, have them fill it up with your favorite flavor, and take it back to your cabin, or hotel room to enjoy without worrying about the drive home.

When in Rome....check out the Tillamook Ice Cream too...to say its good would be a gross understatement. I think the wolverines would agree!
grin.gif

Here's a picture I got of one of the workers at the Tillimook Cheese Factory the last time we we're there.

oompa.jpg

i just received word that we get the 550 yard range at Upper Nisqually Sportsman's club on 21 July from 8am to 4pm for the next practical rifle match.

Orientation will begin at 8am for new shooters, with the match starting at 10am.

Bring steel and stands if you have any. The more steel and stands that show up, the more diversity in our course of fire we have available. I have 8 pieces, Broker has a couple, and there were a couple of people at the last match with some steel.

I'll think up some general ideas for the match, but until I know how much of what kind of steel we have, the final design can't be set.

The bad part is that I can't tell anyone what the round count will be, but count on at least 40-50...I came home with 100 empty cases from the last match.

The good part is that by not knowing the final course design until the day of the match, we quickly find out who is most able to adapt and overcome.

I also put a posting in the Puget Sound Shooters section.

MATCH IS LIMITED TO THE FIRST TEN PEOPLE WHO SIGN UP

I posted a general outline (subject to change depending on how much extra steel shows up) for the 21 July match at Upper Nisqually on the Puget Sound Shooter's thread.

Hey all,

I had a blast at the NCWGC Monthly Match today. Thanks for letting me join in the fun. Special thanks to Taylor for letting me borrow an awesome rig. I hope to make it back again in the future. It was a great shoot, with great stories, and great company!

Adam

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AtOne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a picture I got of one of the workers at the Tillimook Cheese Factory the last time we we're there.

oompa.jpg
</div></div>

Since when has JtP worked at TCF????

Nice shooting yesterday folks! Sure had a good time and was happy to miss for the sake of entertainment and not breaking steel on that last stage! lol
smile.gif

Mike

For future reference, I am trying to get all the matches at Upper Nisqually set for the 3rd Saturday of each month. My plan was that by picking that date, I wasn't in conflict with other matches, and this would allow area shooters more matches to pick from depending on when their schedule allows them to get out to shoot.

I also had to pick a date when Upper Nisqually's range wasn't in use by some other discipline.

Hopefully, I got close to both of my objectives.

Hey guys,

It was suggested I post this over here. I've had a terrible time trying to stay employed in NW Montana and have pretty much given up. Nice land. Shitty Economy.

Seriously thinking about relocating to Eastern WA/Panhandle ID. I know you guys are the most knowledgeable on the Interwebs, so if you have something that you think will help, visit me at my thread and dump your brain.

Thanks for all your help. I here you guys are a great bunch....
wink.gif

John

Welcome to the SHWW thread John! You'll have to let us know and keep us updated on what you decide to do! Best of luck thats not an easy decision to make...

For everyone else, I just got some AICS mags in stock again (was recently sold out of 308 mags!). Check them out and if you want to meet and pick them up locally in Wenatchee, call me and I can get it setup with free shipping if ordering under $150 worth of mags! Thanks
http://www.hellscanyonarmory.com/index.php/accuracy-international?p=1

Mike

<span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">FINDLAY TRI-GUN EXTRAVAGANZA </span></span></span></span>

What's this you say????????? I'll let JtP fill everyone in on the details...but it'll be a hoot and the round count will be plenty high
grin.gif

OK guys and gals. Some info for the 8-25-12
Findlay Tri Gun Extravaganza.
You will need the following:
1- AR-15 type carbine, 1- semi auto hand gun, 1- shotgun ( semi or pump).
Approximate round count: 10 slugs, 200 pistol, 150 carbine, 100 bird shot.
There will be open and non expert classes only. No prize table
Entry fee $45.00.
Max 24 shooters.
7AM sign in.

Well i just walked in the door from my germany trip havent slept in 26 hrs.... think its time to hit the hay, gotta get up early and start loading for the TRI-GUN EXTRAVIGANZA!!!!!

Welcome home. I'm only up 'cause I'm watching the lightning. Holy crap there was a good one about 10 minutes ago!

How's the shooter count for the Trigunstravaganza looking?

A couple of us didn't sign up until today (missed the post), so hoping we didn't miss out.

Cool.... just two of us I think (unless others I tipped off signed up and didn't mention it).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool.... just two of us I think (unless others I tipped off signed up and didn't mention it). </div></div>

Would love to sign up but I have a long range rifle class to go to.

I'll take the 168's!

Please PM payment info

thanks,

Seekers

Edited to add:

Ranger1183 is way GTG:

Shipped fast, Bullets in Great shape, and good communications!
Very painless,
Thanks Scott!

Seekers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">more stuff for sale:

Two 500 round cases of G.A. Precision/Blackhills .260 Remington ammo. Loaded with 139 grain Lapua Scenars and Remington .260 brass. $500.00 <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">per case</span></span> shipped to you.

Winchester Brass: 550 pieces of .308 Winchester caliber brass. Tumbled clean. $175.00 shipped to you.

MIL-SPEC 30 Cal 168gr BTHP Match Bullets $75.00 for the 500 shipped to you.
MB30168H MIL-SPEC 30 CAL 168GR BTHP MATCH BULLETS
30168.jpg
</div></div>

PM sent for one case of 260.

I would like to take a moment to talk about my shooting area up @ Acme. I have noticed that some of you have been using fence posts for target stands, & leaving them in the ground when you leave. I ask that you pull them out, & hide them with my steel when you leave. Also I noticed that some of you are setting up targets out on the far point where there is no proper backdrop for your missed shots. I ask that you set them up below the road by the fire pit if you must put up targets over there for shots from the 750yd ffp. I don't want any targets up in the "Y" of the road. I have had complaints that rounds have sailed up to the main road from missed shots from targets in the "Y" so I don't want any target set up there any more. So please set up your targets with a proper backdrop, & clean up when your done.

more stuff for sale:

Updated as of 2012/07/27

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">Two 500 round cases of G.A. Precision/Blackhills .260 Remington ammo. Loaded with 139 grain Lapua Scenars and Remington .260 brass. $500.00 <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">per case</span></span> shipped to you.</span> <span style="font-weight: bold">All SOLD</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Winchester Brass: 550 pieces of .308 Winchester caliber brass. Tumbled clean. $175.00 shipped to you.</span>

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">MIL-SPEC 30 Cal 168gr BTHP Match Bullets $60.00 for 400 shipped to you.</span> <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Sold</span></span>
<span style="text-decoration: line-through">MIL-SPEC 30 Cal 168gr BTHP Match Bullets $75.00 for the 500 shipped to you.</span> <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Sold</span></span>
MB30168H MIL-SPEC 30 CAL 168GR BTHP MATCH BULLETS

Pulled bullets: MIL-SPEC 30 Cal 168gr BTHP Match Bullets $20.00 for 170 shipped to you.

Sorry for the confusion. USPS Money Orders only.

Hey everyone, just an FYI and want to offer it to you guys first before I put it on the website. I got an MK116 in 5.56 from PWS in today and man this thing is SWEET! There is currently a 90 day wait time from PWS for rifles and this one is unspoken for. $1650 gets it before it goes on the site. I can do the FFL transfer or I can ship it to your local FFL. Gun is located in Wenatchee. You can see pics of it here:
http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=173&idcategory=15

Thanks
Mike

Well im sitting in the theater waiting for Batman movie to start......oh ya and ive got my cc 9mm with me
wink.gif

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">NCW GUN CLUB MONTHLY MATCH SIGNUP </span></span></span>

This will be the last one of this year's series. My thought right now is that the series points race will be determined by adding up each competitor's top three scores. Obviously, those with only one or two matches will be at a slight disadvantage
smile.gif

Don't think I'll be able to make this one... I'll either be in Wisconsin or up on a backpacking trip! Good thing I got three matches in, though not like its going to make much difference...
smile.gif

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">NCW GUN CLUB MONTHLY MATCH SIGNUP </span></span></span>

This will be the last one of this year's series. My thought right now is that the series points race will be determined by adding up each competitor's top three scores. Obviously, those with only one or two matches will be at a slight disadvantage
smile.gif
</div></div>

You could always just average the top two or three scores...the results would be the same, and wouldn't put those who only made it to two matches at a disadvantage.
However, I respect that it is your game, so you get to make the rules. I'm just suggesting an idea that might statistically make it an even deal for the folks who only made a couple of matches.

That's certainly an option. I need to look at how many matches the majority of people made it to. It would be more fair to add up the top three scores as that gives preference to those that put in the effort to make it to more matches. There will be 7 events, so my thought is that if you can't make it to at least 3 events you aren't too serious about the points race and are just going for individual match wins.

Jesse, I say do it however the heck you want since its your choice anyhow!

even though I made three events, I think two events is actually quite good to be able to make. My thoughts are that someone like me, I live 2.5 hours away, and it is hard to make the commitment to take a full sunday away from family and life. Especially because the sign ups and such were typically only a couple weeks ahead of time.

I have no proof of this and really could care less, but my guess is most the shooters that made more than 3 matches were all local to the Wenatchee area. Again, that is completely a guess.

I am by no means in the top of the pack for the points, so I could care less, but those are my thoughts.

I think for next year, I would like to host a couple monthly matches down here so people like you (jesse) can actually come down and shoot.

Jesse,
I agree with Vibby, it is your match, (your ball, you make the rules for the game) and that means you get to do things however you wish. The nice thing about being match director is that you get to make up the all rules that make the most sense to you. And that is how it should be.

I was just throwing out another idea.

Well guys, like I said originally.....I will make the determination when I see how many matches the majority of the folks made it to. Until I have time to look at that, it's all subject to change. I appreciate everyone's input though and will consider it all.

Alright folks, this was bugging me so I thought I'd take a look and get everyone an answer on the series points deal. We have had a total of 47 shooters this year so far, and 26 of those shooters have made at least two matches. Since no shooter has been able to win more than one match, we will use the best two scores posted to determine a series winner. So far there are still 6 people that can win the series....but they have to win the August match.

MonthlymatchSeriesPoints.jpg

Speaking of match rules, I had a great time the other weekend shooting with Unknown at the Practical Rifle match at UNSC. Sensible rules that were enforced when necessary in a polite manner by a nice fella.

Any idea when the next match will be? If so, let me know what I can do to help.

BBB

I'm asking to get the range there on the 3rd saturday of each month. I'll email everyone who sent a request for info to the web site I set up for those matches. I'll send info to anyone who sends an email to "[email protected]". Anything short like "I'm in." or something letting me know where to email info will be sufficient.