• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

Unfortunately as far as pictures go, I was to busy shooting or bs'ing to take any good pictures. My plan was to take pictures of the guys and their gear as appropriate but only got a couple of pictures of Justin and our rifles. Maybe next time. Luckily all the snow had meted by the time I got home

No worries... personally, not a real big fan of pictures on the www...

FWIW... I won't be out at CRPC this weekend... going to check out a spot in the PA thread... can't wait!
grin.gif

If you find a place and at a later date want to carpool, I can bring some steel. 12" Gong and that 6" resetting target.

Working on it my man... I think about your 12" gong and your 6" resetting target all the time
laugh.gif

...longeyes has some ideas... and diggler44 seems to as well... from what I can tell, I may get to meet him this weekend... keep your ear to the ground
wink.gif

Hey guys. New member from Lacey here. I've been lurking around the site for a few months now trying to learn all I can, and just got my first rifle; a Rem 700 SPS-Varmint in .308. Right now I'm in montana going to college for a Civil Engineering degree, but summer starts in about a month. I'm pretty excited to find some shooters out near where I'll be, so I figured this would be a good thread to drop a first post.

digger... welcome aboard. Just throw down a post when you are around. The objective has been to get local guys together, and tap into the resources, like minded people can generate. We seem to be gaining some momentum
grin.gif
Another thread to keep and eye on is the "Port Angeles" one... http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=941008&gonew=1#UNREAD

I'm hoping we get enough guys going, that nearly every weekend, there will be different shoots in regional locales... that we can all tap into....

C

I'll keep an eye on that thread too

So how is the CRPC to shoot at? I checked out the site over winter break and it looked like a good opportunity to get out past 100yds, but the membership fee was holding me up.

It will be nice to meet up with some of you and learn how to shoot straight
grin.gif

CRPC has been great to me... it is what it is. A great place to shoot paper at static positions... and you can get out to 600. It does seem to be getting a bit cramped (they have public days now... which funnels their 'events' into smaller windows... etc.. etc..)... hence the effort to coordinate cool "shooting holes"... and steel is just a hell of a lot more fun!

Keep your ear to the ground
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"If you find it necessary to take your non-firing thumb and stick it up your ass in order to bring the trigger straight to the rear, then that is what you have to do."
Jacob </div></div>

Diggerline59 -

Don't listen to Tribe! Heck, he even has to put his non-firing thumb up his ass in order to shoot straight! Do you doubt me? Don't be fooled! It's even part of his bi-line!

sick.gif

ranger... you should try it... then maybe you could start counting TWO-shot groups!
laugh.gif

hey there chad this is josh i think i found the right place i only have internet at work when i get a chance to check it so its best to just email me when we can go blast some steel at some longer distance. check ya later bud
-josh

Will do my man... but I'm bringin' a sissy pad or something, next time i shoot with you... just in case you make me pull the trigger on that beast again...
eek.gif

Dude.... I could just beat you about the head and shoulders with a bat... think of all the ammo money you'd save....
laugh.gif

ya ya ya so its just a little more money per round but i am really trying to build it so i can hit a mile thats my dream a rifle capable to shoot a mile. doesn't mean i am yet but thats what some practice with you guys is for.

Hey Tribe, come summertime would you consider taking a weekday off so we could get together and blast at your range?

PS I have a Mcree precision stock for my rifle now

yeah, Chad. Take a week off. I'll cover for you at the shop. Just hand over that big fancy check book and whatever company credit cards you have .......

DAFAR - Yup. Actually, I try to get down there one day during the week... but it's usually in the afternoon... and rather spur of the moment...

ranger... you can have it... and all the baggage that comes with it... cheap... just find me a nice piece of ground in Idaho... and it can all be yours!
whistle.gif

Nice! I've always used the edge of my bench... and a dime, or anything else narrow enough... That's slick.

BTW... on another note... <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">BIG</span></span> thanks again to dontstrokeme and blackwidow... showin' the way, out in PA... 1080!!!... made 850 too easy!
grin.gif
Joe, thanks again for the steel... next time, how bout a little more wind & rain! Precision rifle in a rain forest... the truly <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold"></span>WET</span> of the Pacific North Wet... Nothing says dedication, like shooting from a puddle, under your truck, while the wind blows your shit all over some 1200 ft. ridge! YES! NO better way to spend the day!

C

Well the day started off pretty good......

100_3132.jpg

then we had to push the Elk herd out of our range....

100_3133.jpg

We were set up on the right side of the camel hump on the right of the vertical tree line.....Elk were dead center of the pic.

Then we had fun trying a dry warm spot to shoot from...well I didn't have to look very hard!!!

100_3134.jpg

Here is out PRIVATE range!!!!!

100_3136.jpg

1080 yards roughly a 13-14 inch gong...I will have to measure it some day!

100_3138.jpg

And little old 575 yards.....

100_3137.jpg

PM's welcome for the next trip!!!

Hey everyone. I'm new to the site. I've got a lot of AR15 shooting experience and I shoot a lot of IPSC/IDPA pistol stuff. I grew up shooting my dad's bolt guns, mostly inside 300 yards. I'm working on my first precision bolt gun build, it's a Remy 700 in .223AI. I'm just waiting for my smith to receive my barrel blank from Lilja and throw it into my action. I'd love to meet up with people for some real long range shooting.

Hey Market Garden, welcome aboard! Joe (above), has some of the best shooting holes we've scrounged up to date... but the search continues!
wink.gif

Also, CRPC is where a few of us have gotten together in the "Greater Eastside" area... just give a shout out, if you want to go shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Market Garden, welcome aboard! Joe (above), has some of the best shooting holes we've scrounged up to date... but the search continues!
wink.gif

Also, CRPC is where a few of us have gotten together in the "Greater Eastside" area... just give a shout out, if you want to go shoot. </div></div>

Thanks. I had no idea there was a range down there. I'll definitely check that out. Membership fees are reasonable too. I can't wait to get my rifle together.

Man I wish I could go. Have finals coming up this week and then I'm home for summer! Can't wait to get together and shoot with some of you guys. Are you guys still hitting up CRPC fairly regularly?

Let's see... this last week... Sat., Sun., Thr., Sat., Sun..... so... nope.
wink.gif

On another note... It's looking like I may have a "full two-day excursion class" hall-pass coming up on the weekend of May 15th
cool.gif
... makes the 10hrs of driving worth it if I can camp out, or grab a cheap room for a night or two.... that is, if the "Sol Duc" crew is up for it... (BTW, wtf does Sol Duc even mean?)
whistle.gif

haha very nice. We might have to meet up when I get back. Spent all my spare money ($90) to pick up some .308 at the gunshow here in town today so i've got a little over 100rds to play with. Should give me an afternoons worth of shooting or so haha. I just wish I could afford a little more on a college student's budget.

Sol Duc is the name of the GMU...also the name of the river that is near the shoot.

diggerline59, PM me if you want about some 308 ammo.....

May 15th? Well I must say MR TRIBE....anytime you want....pretty sure Josh and I can make it anytime.....just say go and we will post it up here....I guess you are pretty much the deciding factor here since you are the driver....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let's see... this last week... Sat., Sun., Thr., Sat., Sun..... so... nope.
wink.gif

On another note... It's looking like I may have a "full two-day excursion class" hall-pass coming up on the weekend of May 15th
cool.gif
... makes the 10hrs of driving worth it if I can camp out, or grab a cheap room for a night or two.... that is, if the "Sol Duc" crew is up for it... (BTW, wtf does Sol Duc even mean?)
whistle.gif
</div></div>

Holy cow, do I miss CRPC!
cry.gif
I don't miss the traffic, the crowded neighborhoods stacked one on top of another, the outrageous cost of <span style="font-weight: bold">everything</span>, but I do miss having that great range for shooting. Especially when no one was there to witness some "alleged" antics that I really know nothing about (right...).

Who me? Naw, I know nothing about how <span style="font-weight: bold">that</span> happened ...

wink.gif

Diggler.. any time. Just let me know when you're around.

Dol Suc it is! I'm pretty sure it'll work... we can nail it down as the days move by... how's that damn bridge coming along?

Ranger, CRPC misses you (or at least a VERY small percentage of the membership does anyway
wink.gif
)... Haven't seen anyone pouring water down their barrel, or blowing-up their triggers... or anything remotely cool/unusual since you've been gone... typically just me, and a few of those deceptively hard to track little birds...
whistle.gif
Pop's is always good to go... got him prone Sunday... lots of gruntin' & groanin' goin' on!
eek.gif

How much room do you guys have on the Sol Duc trips? do you day trip it normally or is it more of an overnight thing?

I'd like to tag along sometime this summer if you wouldn't mind bringing a college guy along for the trip.

Man... I'm down for whatever... as a matter of fact, camping is right up my alley... but I'm not a real big fan of camping solo, what with Sasquach runnin' around and all... however, if any of you all would like to camp out, the room rate is outstanding
wink.gif

Ok so it is the 16th and 17th of May. PM me for contact and meet up info if you would like to come.

diggerline59......just drop out of school right now so you can come....fuck school it is for people that ar really dummberer than mees!

Any and all welcome.....providing you play safe and be reasonable.

haha, I think I might have to sign up for the trip. I should be home this weekend so I won't have to drop out of school though. plus, I've only got 2 more years then I'll be making the good money as an engineer
cool.gif

I'll have a definite word if I'm coming pretty soon