• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

Think we're looking at around mid day Sat.... Camp Saturday night for those that are interested... maybe shoot some Sunday AM if any ammo left...

Anyone else going to venture out?

1pm at the Hwy 101 intersection with the woods road!I

f you want to come and don't know the spot PM me.....it is a secret snipershide spot.....
whistle.gif

Is blackwidow bringing his Super Secret Ubber-Ultra-Max-Improved-Improved-Magnum with the Unubtainium-tips? Or is he just commin' to talk shit?
wink.gif

I dont think I'm gonna be able to make it out this weekend. It's taking me a lot longer than I thought to get moved out. Put me in line for the next trip though!

Whooooooooot!!! Headin' out tomorrow afternoon... can't wait! Come on... any fence sitters out there... jump! Don't get to shoot steel out to over 1k every day! Waaahooo!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whooooooooot!!! Headin' out tomorrow afternoon... can't wait! Come on... any fence sitters out there... jump! Don't get to shoot steel out to over 1k every day! Waaahooo!
grin.gif
</div></div>

Sitting alone,

at home,

doing homework,

on a beautiful sunny day,

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
cry.gif

care for some cheese with my whine?
wink.gif

A little action from this weekend......videos later maybe.

Spotter and shooter

100_3351.jpg

The spot

100_3352.jpg

A young "blackwidow"

100_3355.jpg

Tough to tell shooter from spotter.

100_3356-2.jpg

This had to be TRIBE's....at 1111 yards he was the only one that might not penetrate 1/32" sheet metal!!!!!

100_3362.jpg

dude nice pics of this weekend. what the hell is with the "young"? i'm older than you! dude you should see my shoulder!
hehe i guess thats what i get for shooting over a 100 rds of my weatherby out of a feather weight rifle.

Hey guys... Once again, what a blast! Weather could not have been any better either. A couple of nights under the stars made all of the driving well worth it. Not to mention the new depth, breadth & color that the boy has added to his vocabulary! Good clean livin'!

BTW... those hits are all that much more impressive........ when you realize that I'm skipping them in....
wink.gif

Ranger... I'll call you. Did not have phone reception the entire time on that side.... Friday-Sunday...

It was 101 up & 101 down.... 5hrs. I think it's about 6 one way, 1/2 dozen the other. From Sol Duc anyway... Probably saves about an hour if starting from PA.

Arctic Light and myself are in the Poulsbo/silverdale area, We will need to try and make it up to the next shoot you guys have. Right now with the bridge being out, it really sucks. My friend is on the bridge project and they are currently on track to have it open around june 1st. They get a big bonus for finishing it in 4 weeks vs the original quoted 6 weeks. We should try and set up another shoot around the middle of june. I have a scope on order and should have it by then. Nice pics by the way.

CJG

Young as in not the 338LM.....not you the rifle....shit you are already bald!!

Game on for when ever you guys want to go again....gonna try to see if I can come up with a smaller hanger like you were talking about Chad...so we could do multiples.....trailer house offer is always there for you as well.

Josh.....don't forget I have leverage over you now.....I need my brown thing back.......
wink.gif
so don't get too lippy or I might slip it out!!!
cool.gif

ya ya i'll give it back just remember my metal poles for my crony!i am ordering a muzzle brake and a new trigger today and i think i am going to try the 210gr bergers and see how they do. i'll probably have to shoot away from you guys thinking past that knoll i was lazeing from. that way i don't blow you guys away with the concussion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Josh.....don't forget I have leverage over you now.....I need my brown thing back.......
wink.gif
so don't get too lippy or I might slip it out!!!
cool.gif
</div></div>
For the record... I have no idea what dsm & bw are refering to here....... I thought you guys slept in separate tents....?
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Rotortuner & Diggerline59... right on... it'd be great to get a few more hide guys out!

Ya, I think Arctic Light would have tryed to come to this last one, but he is without a scope right now, I am too, plus i have been out of town with work for the past few weeks. So as soon as we get optics in, we will be ready, Im thinking mid to late june we should try for another get together.

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun and from the pics looks like a nice site. I need to get my hands on some steal too. Ill start looking around for some of that.

CJG

Right on... dsm - Joe, seems to have gotten together a pretty good collection of steel so far... the real challenge is the hangers... coming up with a mobile, not overly heavy/clunky system would help a lot.... ideas are welcome
wink.gif

C

Something out of wood would be lighter, cheap and easy to construct. 2x4's are cheap now. maybe like like two sets of 2x4's, each bolted at the top so they scisor, then like a 2x6 to make the top of the A frame. Just need a truck to haul it up there. I may or may not have a truck at the time. I will buy the material and test it out. i just might need someone coming up the peninsula to pick it up, I am 5 minutes off the highway. Once the Hood canal bridge opens up, anyone driving up the kitsap peninsula would come right by.

Then maybe we could hide it way out in those woods, so we dont have to haul it each time. Maybe I should get pressure treated, so it will last through the rainy season. It seams like a lot of the time is getting the stuff up off the ground so there are no bushes or anything obstructing the view. That spot seams pretty good though.

CJG

hey guys I have three sets of frame hangers that are pretty portable, two of the frames and a piece of rebar bolt together to make a frame, then you can hang whatever you want from the rebar. They are about 2 foot tall, frames and targets can be made man portable with an alice pack frame

You would want to keep it heavier steel if it will last, between rot and misses the wood don't take alot of abuse.

Trying to keep it where no one really knows where we are exactly....leaving equipment around might not be a good plan...or if we went out to use it and it was gone....TRIBE would have a really boring drive!

Then we would have "Great Flat Metal Whale Spirit" very angry with our people....or every time we hit it we would hear "Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding".....and a shit pot of quarters would come flying out of no where.

Hehehe...
laugh.gif
You guys otta' know.

Damn, it hurts just thinking about picking that thing up.

Ya thats pretty cool. A couple more weeks and I will have my scope i have been waiting for...

CJG

Well I have to tell you guys that Findlay cup was awesome. I think it was tribe who quoted another hide member "longrange shooting it is where fantasy and reality come crashing together"

As usual I met a great bunch of guys, had a good time, and realized how much more there is to learn.

PS I cant wait for the bridge to open

Hey I have been inspired.

I might need tribes input on this but I have an idea.

For those of you who are familiar with Slab Camp above Squim there is another clearing that has not been blocked off.
the clearing is about 50 yards wide and the and you can strech it to 200 yards for a shot(150 is better)

My thought is this, I have a varity of steel targets for 22 long rifle, what If I put togehter sort of a reduced range tactical match. For fun and comraderie only, along the lines of the Findley cup. The target ranges would be from 25 to 150 or 175 yards, 22 lr only with coures of fire that require you to shoot:
Cold bore
offhand
muliple targets and ranges in a single course of fire
sitting with and without sling
prone (NO SUPPORT)sling only
prone with support

and if we finish in time hostage balloon targets

IF I set it up it up how many would come?
this is a good spot for camping, the grounsd is flat bare and very hard though

Why don't we take that idea.... and crank it to 11! Sol Duc, Heavy Steel, Real Rifles, Great Camp & <span style="text-decoration: underline">ELEVEN HUNDRED</span> Frickin' Yards!
grin.gif

And yeah... the Cup was a blast... it was good to see Dafar & Mattj over there... good people, good times... lots of other Hide/WCT guys as well, but I don't know if any of those guys follow our little thread here... highly recommended if any of you-all ever get the chance! (BTW blackwidow... I used the off-hand advise your instructor had given you, that we were talking about at camp... it saved me from being woeful
wink.gif
).

Hi guys,

I try to keep track of this thread, just been busy of late.

I *will* be coming out to play with y'all this summer -- the Cup was WAY too much fun, and I want more (and need the practice).

Tribe, it was good seeing you man. From the scoreboard, looks like you did some damn fine shooting. DAFAR, I'm not sure if we met or not -- I'll figure out who you are one of these times
smile.gif

I haven't been to the Sol Duc spot yet, but I sure like this talk. It wouldn't take that many steel targets to be able to put together several Findlay-esque stages (just use different combinations of target order, shooting positions, time limit/round count etc, to mix things up). Semi-regular informal 'practice matches' like this would be stupid fun, and great practice.

I'll try to keep a better eye on here for the next outing (bridge status willing).

-Matt

Welcome aboard pshell! The more, the merrier! ....speaking of Longeyes... been awful quiet as of late............?

TIME!
DATE!
SERIAL NUMBER!

I am always good for a XXX throwdown....I am sure we would be A-ok for an overnite at the smaller range with set targets at 1-2-3-400 behind the gate with the bunker that DAFAR and Tribe first came out to....I know I am not confident enough for a real tactical match but a buddy match would be a good start I guess....gonna drop by the smith's tommarrow and see about the cost involved in replacing my extractor in the 300WM....

confused.gif
.... what happen?

... I think you are right on with the "buddy match" concept... day of shooting with some challenges thrown in, to spice things up a bit
wink.gif
Still think Sol Duc is where it's at...

just droped my weatherby off at the gunsmith to have the brake installed should be done next week sometime when the brake comes in. then im gonna redo my load. so when is this buddy match gonna take place? if the beast is put together i'd like to participate in it.

Hi folks, I'm here. Been working weekends and long days lately so I have had to be content with dry fire work and lurking on the web for the next few weeks---I'm watching the posts and looking forward to getting back out to the range.

Whenever you can get up here I am pretty much open...work goes long sometimes...I can get that book to you then also. blackwidow was talking about shooting this weekend..the 6th and 7th I belive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...461#Post1177461

Not profesionals by any means but Tribe is kinda like mine and Blackwidow's "Father of Shooting"!!!! At least he is as old as my dad!!!

Good time and we will only make fun of you for an hour or two!
laugh.gif

Totally field conditions if you want to come out to the Sol Duc....pics of the range are in that thread as well. </div></div>

Tribe's a Daddy? AGAIN? Dang!

If Tribe is old, I'm old-as-dirt old! Not to mention Tribe's Dad. He's "Shaman old". Has some of the best sticks I've ever seen, though. Gotta love that 338 Lapua. Best wind buster I've ever shot barn none!