• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

Hey all, new guy here. Been on the hide for a bit but just ran across this thread after asking about washington training groups. I would love to come out some time, i havent even had the opportunity to shoot past 100 yet and im getting antsy
smile.gif

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words about the Findlay Cup.
It was very hectic for me trying to make it as smooth as possible, so I didn't get time to visit. Maybe next time I'll shoot it too.
Glad you all had a great time.
Jim

Hey all.... Marine from tacoma here. Just wondering if any of you have venture out to olympic natl. forrest for some 1000yd stuff. My SgtMaj said thats where he does all his 1000+ shooting. Let me know, I would love to make a trip out of it.

For you 101 drivers blackwidow and I might be going out this weekend if his rifle is done....just to the 400 yard range shack but out is out....more than welcome to come up if you want to...PM me for details.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For you 101 drivers blackwidow and I might be going out this weekend if his rifle is done....just to the 400 yard range shack but out is out....more than welcome to come up if you want to...PM me for details.</div></div>

If I weren't between optics at the moment I totally would -- should have that remedied by next week
smile.gif

Here you go DAFAR:
crazy.gif

No worries -- there's far too much nice weather ahead for us not to cross paths at some point this summer.

Just got off the phone with Scott @ Liberty -- my Findlay Cup inspired new glass is on the way, so I should be up and shooting again very soon!

Holy Crap... What a flurry... apparently, the sun pops out, and all the daisies start raising their heads
laugh.gif

Just to set the record straight... I don't know my ass from my hat... it just so happens that dontstrokeme & blackwidow are into that look... and if I'm the Daddy, then Ranger is definitely Grand Dad... and Pop's... well, he's just the Old Man, with the Magic Trunk
grin.gif
. Of course, that's taking the huge leap, that dsm is working off of an accurate premise with this age thing to begin with... which, I suppose from his perspective, mothers still waiting for their "grown-up" teeth to come in, may not be all that un-heard of
wink.gif

Jim, please let it be known if there are ever any more opportunities to shoot your range... it's a great spot, I'd definitely be game, and I'm sure I could rustle-up some company...
grin.gif

Digger and garrett... I'm sure I'll be hitting CRPC Sat &/or Sun morning... possibly Thr or Fri afternoon, but that would be spur of the moment, if I can break away...

Semper Kill! Welcome! It would be great to have you out to one of these Sol Duc shoots... dontstrokeme and blackwidow know the lay of the land out there pretty well... and if all goes as planned, bw is going to have to find a mile + spot somewhere out there, sooner, before later
whistle.gif

C

I hope that I get a chance to meet you fellows in the not too distant future, even though I dread the traffic on that side of the state. My job locally here is going away July 1, and I'll end up relocating for a while till something reasonably close to Omak shows up.

I'm a novice long range shooter and avid hunter...but do enjoy it. See you ....in the not too distant future I hope. Perhaps we need to form a EWSH group, and invite you over to God's country, where the rabbits and snakes and mulies and whitetail play. Craig

AMEN to that Craig... any excuse to head to "God's country" is a good one for me!

the more the merrier. I think it is funny how the guys that live in Wenatchee or east of there long to come to the west side for the cool breezes and the trees and how us western guys long for the flat wide open shooting of the East side

gonna pick the beast up tomorrow don'tstrokeme so i'll get busy making the test loads tomorrow night. on another note traded my little snub nose 357 mag for s&w 4013 compact 40 cal. haven't shot it yet but i'll bring it sunday.

Yes, lots of activity on here today. As long as the bridge is open i could try and maybe swing up too. Sucks because Im waiting for a scope for one of my guns, i have two other guns out for repair, and yet another that im having built that is supposed to be done by the end of the month. Any ways i can probably still scrounge together something to bring.

CJG

When you have a time and date set up Josh post it here....garret will be able to see it if he wants to come.....when is the bridge actually done? Heard somthing about it being open for buisness Monday but that was not from a perfect State athourity.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blackwidow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">gonna pick the beast up tomorrow don'tstrokeme so i'll get busy making the test loads tomorrow night. on another note traded my little snub nose 357 mag for s&w 4013 compact 40 cal. haven't shot it yet but i'll bring it sunday. </div></div>

Looks like Sunday for those interested...this is the 400 yard range with a bench/shack....I belive you can get 660yards across the valley from field position. Let me know and we can set a time to meet at Albertsons on 101.

is this at CRPC and do i need to be a member? Im trying to make it out but it looks a little iffy
smile.gif

Anybody know where to go in Yakima? Here for the next couple days and would like to get in some shooting. Looks like the type of country for it. Thanks.

If you want to meet me in Port Angeles at the Albertsons store on the west end of town at about 9:30......PM me....if you google how to get to Forks it will get you to the west end of PA....Alby's is on the Hwy 101 route.

BW.... I think your caps lock button is stuck... Woe be the dude shootin' next to you!
laugh.gif

It ain't in the cards to run to PA this weekend for me... You guys interested in getting a Sol Duc fix next Sat the 13th...? I can make it a day trip now that the bridge is open, won't have to go to all the trouble of camping and whatnot...

CRPC is a private range.... open to the public... and other BS
frown.gif
. You can come as a guest, so long as you stick with your 'host'... I'll be going down there Saturday AM for sure, and probably sticking around 'til mid-day... however, it's a crap shoot lately as to how crowded it is... and there's some Mountain Man club thing going on down there all weekend... if you can get to PA, I would definitely do it... steels a hell of a lot more fun than paper anyway...

Howdy pshell! Say man... if you don't get any love on your Yakima query here... try the guys at WCT (www.westcoasttactical.com)... lot of "Dry Siders", and a great group.

Tribe,

Either way works... the original link went to West Coast Tactical... and there's nothing wrong with folks from western Washington wandering on by there
wink.gif

I have to ask (being the WSRPA front man for such things):

Any of you guys interested in F-Class at all? If you have any questions or want to get together at a match (on either side of the pass), send me a PM or email - or ask over on WCT (I'm the moderator for the Palma/HP/F-Class sub-forum over there).

Take care,

Monte

I could use some info on the F class....looked at it a few times but am still unsure what it is about....is there a F-class for Dummies thread somewhere? I am pretty sure MJPLEO, blackwidow, and maybe a few others would be into a buddy match at the local shooting spot here....I am just unsure of what exactly it is...

The 13th should work for me...but why not make it a camping trip!
I know I am way closer than you Tribe but shit man....if it is a sunny day again we are stringing fucking tarps!!! It is way too hot for a pastey white boy out here right now!

Hey Monte! no doubt man... it was kinda' a subversive way to throw some more WCT links around
wink.gif

Joe.... don't worry about it dude... I'm sure summer will be over by then... and you can get on about your pasty white business
laugh.gif
But seriously... I'm ALL about the camping... just not sure how often I can pull off the full weekend vs. the one day thing... if you know what I mean....

Whatever you can squeese I will be there....I hopefully will be able to get my extractor fixed before then...the local smith was baffeled when he tried to look up which one to order....apparently no one has a mag face Rem 700.....or at least have had to replace the extractor...he wants me to spend $150 on a Sako style.....locals....

Hmmm... not sure if there is a 'F-Class for Dummies' thread anywhere
wink.gif
but there are a few spots that cover the basic concepts. One is over at the U.S. F-Class team site in the FAQ section, and another is on the WSRPA site in the F-Class Discipline section. Yes, the pics and match reports need some updating... when someone gets around to sending me updated info I'll post it
smile.gif
Anywho, the FAQ section @ the WSRPA F-Class site should cover the very basics.

A number of forums have sections that cater to F-Class - ranging from the Competitions forum here on SH, to the Palma/HP/F-Class section @ WCT, to the F-Class sections @ Benchrest.com, etc. but long-range.com is the de-facto 'center' for F-Class. You have to sign-up to read the posts there, but its free and dang near anything you can think of has been hashed over and debated there
wink.gif

Over on your side of the mountains, there are a couple ranges that have fairly active (for Washington) F-Class components in their matches. Cascade Rifle & Pistol Club shoots a number of 600yd Prone (and F-Class) matches throughout the year - including the state championship in September. The Seattle Rifle & Pistol Association range @ Machias (south of Lake Stevens a bit) has 500yd Prone/F-Class matches the second weekend of every month except I think September and October (to make room for hunter sight-in). Very nice range, covered firing line, wood stoves, the works. On this side of the mountains, we host several 600yd Prone/F-Class matches in East Wenatchee each year, and then there is the big dog - Rattlesnake Mountain about 10 miles north of Richland near the junction of 225 & 240. 1000yds takes on a whole new meaning when shooting in that nice brisk desert wind
wink.gif

The two biggest 'unpleasant surprises' for tactical shooters or long range hunters when coming to F-Class are these: no brakes, and you have to single-load every round, even if you have a DBM on your gun. If you can unscrew your brake and screw on a thread protector and still be able to shoot your favorite round for about 25 shots at a whack, you should be able to shoot F-class. For some folks - especially those w/ the thunderloudenboomensticks (.338LM, etc.) that may not work so well. For people with something like a .300WSM or below, it should work okay.

I don't know what kind of distances you guys shoot over there in your off-the-road adventures... but if you can find a spot to stick a roughly 2'x2' target backer at known distances like 300, 500, 600, 800, 900, or 1000yds you can order fairly small quantities of target centers from www.pistoleer.com. I have a small reverse image (white with black rings) of the 300yd center that fits on a regular sheet of printer paper for practice as well.

Take a look at the WSRPA site, find the schedule on this page and look for the 'Prone' matches. I'm going to be a little busy this summer (going to Bisley for Worlds) but I'll be at the Machias matches in June and August, the 600yd championships @ Cascade in September, hopefully the Northwest International @ Paul Bunyan over Labor Day, etc. If you want to link up I can make sure to come a little early and help get you pointed in the right direction.

Take care,

Monte

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ranger... any Old-Man advice for Baby Huey here? </div></div>

yeah, that's an easy one.

Remington Extractor (Rivet-Style) 700 Magnum Stainless Steel
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=327170

Not the first time I've had to do shopping for a gunsmith ....

That one would work I guess!!! I could not find it on Midway...only Brownells.....I don't have a rivet in there now so I would also need a rivet and to drill a hole in the bolt for the rivet to go through?

Thanks Ranger...you might be as good of as a guy as Tribe says!
laugh.gif

hey tribe shot the beast last night after i put it all back together with the new trigger and have to say that i think my m4 kicks just as hard. the gun didn't even move. dsm made 30 rds last night hopefully you can work everything out with your wife and are still able to go. if not i can always get my father in law to go.

No we are good...she is just being a woman.....they just don't understand that when men say three words that they mean those three words....not a 4 sentence slew about how they do somthing....just the three words...if we want to get more of a message to them we just say it, not implie or infer shit, just say it....if we don't then we don't imply anything more!!!! Women! If being gay wasn't so gross I would be there in a minute.

thats a scary thought joe! anyways 10:00 on sunday it is just bring hearing protection even with ear plugs my ears rang alittle after i fired the beast last night. but no recoil what til you try my new trigger. hehe don't touch it until you want to fire!

Hey guys - wanna link up on WestCoastTactical?

I just got my scope back - this weekend is shot but NEXT weekend I plan to go shoot some distance with rotortuner..

Hey Artic Iam already there and have mangaged to grab tribe. No other converts yet. I tried to tell em they could go both ways but I think they misunderstood

HEy Joe, I will be marreid 25 years this month, Take my word they will never just say it,,,, your just supposed to know.

Next Saturday (6/13) is a 500yd F-Class match @ Machias. Registration opens @ 0830, match starts @ 0930. See ya there...

Artic... I'd be down with starting up a thread over there... as there's definitely more of a "local" slant... maybe we could do more of an "Inner Sanctum" kinda thing... after all, the whole idea here is to get guys to step out into the light, hook up, share resources.... and above all... go shoot! Suddenly our little moniker is already feeling rather restrictive.... Any thoughts gang?