• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

Yes....Friday the 16th I will be off and setting up so if you want to come out Friday evening then that works just fine.

Saturday the 17th we will have a meet spot at Camp Hayden Road....where it intersects with HWY 112 at 9AM. After that the gate will be locked so you had better have cell reception and my cell phone #.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...sa=N&tab=wl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes....Friday the 16th I will be off and setting up so if you want to come out Friday evening then that works just fine.

Saturday the 17th we will have a meet spot at Camp Hayden Road....where it intersects with HWY 112 at 9AM. After that the gate will be locked so you had better have cell reception and my cell phone #.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...sa=N&tab=wl
</div></div>

Watch out for hajis.

DSM... just throwing this out there... but in terms of getting the entry fees collected, so you aren't carrying this whole boat... do you have contact with all of the shooters on the list? I'm not so sure that all of them follow the thread all that consistantly... if at all..... a couple of em', I do believe, don't even have access to the internet at the moment.... just sayin'....
whistle.gif

Ran through a few stages tonight and I have to say that they are deffinatly challanging!!!!

wink.gif

Don't forget the bug repellent!!!
laugh.gif

i hate to say it but im out for the too tall challenge .its a drag when responsibilities get in the way the good stuff . hopefully the WINMONK wont break all the targets so i can attend the next one ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264win</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i hate to say it but im out for the too tall challenge .its a drag when responsibilities get in the way the good stuff . hopefully the WINMONK wont break all the targets so i can attend the next one ...</div></div>
Damn dude... that blows... at least now some of us may have a chance at the off-hand stages!
wink.gif

BTW... Joe's steel don't break.
eek.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264win</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i hate to say it but im out for the too tall challenge .its a drag when responsibilities get in the way the good stuff . hopefully the WINMONK wont break all the targets so i can attend the next one ...</div></div>
Damn dude... that blows... at least now some of us may have a chance at the off-hand stages!
wink.gif

BTW... Joe's steel don't break.
eek.gif
</div></div>

it might not like it all that well when struck by the 208gr amax at some ridiculus velocity. just remember tribe DON'T SHOOT OUT YOUR BARREL BEFORE THE MATCH PRACTICING!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There will be about 3/4 mile of uphill walking between stages 6, 7 and 8.

If anybody has any questions please ask.
</div></div>
Will there be any downhill walking?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DAFAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey you 260 shooters what are your favorite loads using Varget, or rl 15? </div></div>

I found some old notes saying that both Varget and RL-15 to be to hot for optimum .260 loads.

I reading roughly a MAX load being being around 41 grains of either H4350 or Reloader 17. Reloader 17 gave a higher muzzle velocity, but H4350 was far more temperature stable.

Safety first. Start load 5-10% lower and work your way up. Watch for pressure signs, etc.
</div></div> H4831 SC is what I like under a 142 SMK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There will be about 3/4 mile of uphill walking between stages 6, 7 and 8.

</div></div>
Will there be any downhill walking? </div></div>

a little bit, but not quite the same amount as uphill hopefully.

if you are really concerned about walking and it might be a deal breaker we will have some quads and other...quadlike vehicles on site and can help out the less horizontally inclined.

It's all good. Are we going to have our "cold bore" shot? I'm hopeing to have the new stick all dialed in by then.

Damn....just lost the 2 RSO's for the pistol stage.....whole thing might end up being a free for all!!!!
laugh.gif

However the Prize table is growing steadily....too bad some have to cancel.....I think you will severly regret it......
sick.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hopps</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There will be about 3/4 mile of uphill walking between stages 6, 7 and 8.

</div></div>

if you are really concerned about walking and it might be a deal breaker we will have some quads and other...quadlike vehicles on site and can help out the less horizontally inclined. </div></div>

Sarcasm...
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hopps</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There will be about 3/4 mile of uphill walking between stages 6, 7 and 8.

</div></div>

if you are really concerned about walking and it might be a deal breaker we will have some quads and other...quadlike vehicles on site and can help out the less horizontally inclined. </div></div>

Sarcasm...
laugh.gif
</div></div>

hey I was trying to be receptive, some people can walk flat and uphill but can't do downhill
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i regret it even without the prize table, just a chance to beat tribe is worth it to me. </div></div>
Not any too afraid to set that bar on the low side, are ya....
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i regret it even without the prize table, just a chance to beat tribe is worth it to me. </div></div>
Not any too afraid to set that bar on the low side, are ya....
wink.gif
</div></div>

whatever sandbagger!!!

Duuuude.... I'm gonna end up with a target on my back, and guys 'll be like... "Dude... that dude sux...."
laugh.gif

1)Tribe---PAID
2)Rototuner----MONEY SENT
3)Captian Kirk----MONEY SENT
4)Lucas Beitner----MONEY SENT
5)Cody Beitner-----NO CONTACT
6)Ron Sinnema-----PAID
7)longeyes-----TENTATIVE DROP
8)bigsteve-----TENTATIVE DROP
9)Jerry from Benchmark-----PAID
10)Mulehunter----PAID
11)bk chilton----PAID
12)kettle falls danny----NO CONTACT
13)
15)
16)

RSO's:
1)dontstrokeme
2)Bigwheels
3)hopps
4)
5)

joe

i can't make the whole thing but maybe i can come by for a couple hours and help out/taunt the shooters if your interested. i am so bummed i couldn't make this whole match work. if nothing else this is a great bunch of guys to shoot with and alot will be learned just from attending.

thanks scott

Dude.....if you want to come out and can't make the start time...just call when you get close and we can take a break for you to come in...shoot fast enough to get all the stages done and leave.....each stage will have a ten minute time limit like the Steel CHallange and odds are you won't need all of them.

So if you want to shoot it just send in the money and quit looking for excuses to not shoot against Tribe!!!!!
laugh.gif

Or if you just want to RSO that is fine as well......

Maybe he's just afraid of the mighty 300WM. Don't worry. I'm just going to RSO, not compete. I'll shoot it on Sun.

Looks like Diggler was out, running around with his video camera again..........

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rGqtxdKjqbI&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rGqtxdKjqbI&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Wow thats 3:29 of my life I will never get back and that guy is a total fag, he actually just breaks down and cries. Maybe a little meth? hahaha

CJG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like Diggler was out, running around with his video camera again..........

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rGqtxdKjqbI&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rGqtxdKjqbI&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

wow thats harsh tribe, maybe you wont be on the list for the next moses lake shoot after all. just playin yours always invited brother

laugh.gif
I'm in need of another ash bath! Good for the skin.... teeth.... eyes.... ears... nasal passages.... other orifices....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rotortuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow thats 3:29 of my life I will never get back and that guy is a total fag, he actually just breaks down and cries. Maybe a little meth? hahaha

CJG</div></div>

3:29??? I've watched it like 5 times now... goin' back in!
laugh.gif

Heh.... dude was almost ALL THE WAY over to the other side when that dog barked..... brought him back....
whistle.gif

1)Tribe---PAID
2)Rototuner----MONEY SENT
3)Captian Kirk----MONEY SENT
4)Lucas Beitner----PAID
5)Cody Beitner-----NO CONTACT
6)Ron Sinnema-----PAID
7)longeyes-----TENTATIVE DROP
8)
9)Jerry from Benchmark-----PAID
10)Mulehunter----PAID
11)bk chilton----PAID
12)kettle falls danny----PAID
13)
15)
16)

RSO's:
1)dontstrokeme
2)Bigwheels
3)hopps
4)blackwidow
5)

Yeah if either one wants to help...it will be appreciated. And they can shoot it through Sat if we get done early, also on Sunday.

The road is grown up pretty well but is mostly alders and vine maples.....so if you are really worried about scratches bring some clippers....I clipped a shit pot but in 80+ weather this white boy can't get alot done!!!
shocked.gif

I'll get a hold of them, & see what they are doing that weekend.
I always carry a machete for just such occasions.

Hey Joe. I might have my friend Kevin come out with me. He can RSO a stage for you. I'll know for sure in a couple days.

Chiming in!

Hello all! Ive been a lurker on and off here for the past couple of years. I recently picked up a couple of new rifles and started learning about reloading so I figured what better time to register and start posting.

Anywho, Im a OIF veteran originally from Phoenix, AZ; however, I now call Olympia, WA home. Im interested in just about anything related to firearms and am an avid gearhead / grassroots racer.

My current arsenal includes a Calico .22, heavily modified Glock 27, H&K 45, modified Olympic Arms M4, modified Rock River .458 SOCOM w/ spikes lower (what got me interested in reloading!).

I plan to get into long range shooting, I'll be ordering a Savage TRR .22LR here shortly to get started.

Too bad I didnt know about the match you guys have setup earlier.

Welcome aboard. I'm planning on having an other Bigs Steel Challenge in the near future. You are welcome to join us for that one. Info will be posted on this board when I get things to that stage.

Thanks for the welcome! I'm looking forward to the next challenge and meeting up with all of you. Ill keep an eye out for info.

Hopefully Ill be a decent enough shot by then so as to not embarrass myself.

I was a pretty good shot in the Army, often qualifying 40 for 40 on paper and/or pop-ups. But that is far from long range shooting, I know I have a lot to learn.

Atmos fear...if you want to come out and RSO a stage and kick in a few bucks for dinner you are welcome ths weekend.

To all already signed up (and those that know some people aren't looking here please relay the info)

Rifle round count for the Match 100 rounds.
Pistol round count for the Match 50 rounds.
Meet time at Camp Hayden Road and Highway 112 intersection is 0900 (9AM) on July 17th.

I encourage you to bring as many rounds as you can since we will have the oppertunity to put more rounds downrange.

There will be no water at the range, so bring your own.

If you need my cell number for anything please PM me, at least PM me to let me know when you will arrive....Friday or Saturday.