• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

I can meet up and let in on the 7th but I have a Birthday party to go to so I will drop out at 2pm the latest.

If anyone in this group has an AR15 they only want a few bucks for please let me know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah.... you would have really enjoyed this one....

...your job frickin' rocks... what, did you have to go out riding quads all over God's creation all weekend?
wink.gif
</div></div>
Naw--- I spent the day in a buried vault splicing fiber optic cables. But, at least I got to sleep in my own bed instead of a hotel

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey fellas.... I just noticed our little thread here has 5 stars... anyone know where those come from, or what purpose they serve? </div></div>
Somebody has rated our thread---some place there is a way to "rate this post/topic", now I cant seem to find it.

I'm back from scouting, & have decided on the 28th. I have a lot of work to do cutting trail, etc.
You guys will like it. It'll be almost all downhill from the start, & I'll have the truck to run everyone back up, maybe even two trucks. Total walking distance will be about 2 miles with around 8 stages of fire @ varying ranges from 150yds. to +/-1200yds. I'll post more info as I get it.

Oh yeah. I also found out that this new clear cut has an unobstructed view of the fireing position I use to get 2K yds. But this will bring it out to 3K yds. So you guys with the Uber-Super Cannons can realy stretch them out up there now!

Hello All,

I'm on the wetside as well. Is there anybody that knows of any three gun matches over here or within a decent driving range. (NW Oregon, Central Washington, North West Washington, etc...)

Thanks in advance.

Yeah...check the "upcoming matches" thread. Also a guy by the name of "MarketGarden" does alot of 3-gun stuff...probably worth a PM to him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm back from scouting, & have decided on the 28th. I have a lot of work to do cutting trail, etc.
You guys will like it. It'll be almost all downhill from the start, & I'll have the truck to run everyone back up, maybe even two trucks. Total walking distance will be about 2 miles with around 8 stages of fire @ varying ranges from 150yds. to +/-1200yds. I'll post more info as I get it. </div></div>

the 28th of August, right?

What side of the cascades is this going to be on?

Tribe,

What's up with the new moniker?

Dali80x80.jpg

Ranger. Yes Aug. 28th. It will be on the WET side a 1/2 hr. N of Sedro-Wooley on public lands.

Richland, WA to Sedro Woolley, WA is a length of drive I'd like to call, "sucks-to-be-me!". Don't know if I'll make this one.

Glad you made it over Ghost!

Market, if you don't mind making it public, it would be cool to see what sort of info there is available locally for the three gun stuff....

Bigs, unfortunatly, I won't be able to make the 28th... we'll be hot and heavy into football season.... but if you leave the steel up, maybe I can come up and shoot at it with ya' on Sunday again! .... I promise to leave the rain behind
wink.gif

Ranger.... Double rainbow allllll da' way....

OK Tribe. But only if you don't bring any rain.
wink.gif

Depending on input from others, I can run it on Sun. the 29th, or Sat. the 28th. or even both. But I'm game to run the course with you, & Tibor on sun. Lately I haven't been able to compete much.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad you made it over Ghost!

<span style="font-weight: bold">Market, if you don't mind making it public, it would be cool to see what sort of info there is available locally for the three gun stuff....</span>

Bigs, unfortunatly, I won't be able to make the 28th... we'll be hot and heavy into football season.... but if you leave the steel up, maybe I can come up and shoot at it with ya' on Sunday again! .... I promise to leave the rain behind
wink.gif

Ranger.... Double rainbow allllll da' way....</div></div> I don't mind at all. Basically, there's 1 three gun match in WA each year, and that's the match in Ephrata. If you are interested in shooting just a single gun in a match, there's great action rifle and pistol shooting though.

On the pistol side you have IDPA (which I find to be pretty lame these days, though it's the best place to get your foot in the door with competition shooting) and you have USPSA, which is the fast-paced run and gun pistol sport. There are a number of IDPA and USPSA clubs in the area.

For rifle shooting, the only good match I've been able to find is the Tactical Rifle match up in Custer. It's basically a USPSA pistol match that you shoot with a rifle. The rules are based on USPSA rules too, so it's a fast paced and fun match.

If you want to start shooting USPSA or TacRifle you have to arrange for a "safety check" before you're allowed to shoot your first match. Basically they're just looking to make sure you can safely handle the gun in a match setting and that you know the rules.

I'd be glad to elaborate on any of this if you're interested in knowing more about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks MG! </div></div>

Yea, bit disappointing but I'm going to get into shooting some of the pistol matches to start. Market Garden has been an excellent source of information regarding competitive shooting. Top notch sir!

Sorry I was incomudicado for a couple days, and I will be for the rest of this week. I am willing to bust caps whereever guys, as far as the 7th goes it could be the 7th or 8th if that is easier for some of you,,, the 8th is actually better for me after all.

As far a compromised shooting positions that sounds like good training to me.
Is hopps OK with us shooting there?

I hate to change it up since I was the one that asked about the 7th but I am an absolute definate for the 8th, if that is good with you. I will cement it into the calender and start prepping.
just let me know what time you want to meet at the albertsons

That weekend is looking like my last free weekend until football season is over... If you guys want to do some shootin', I'd be all over it!

yea mine are pretty tight to, that why the 8th was btter, the better half and kids are free on the 7th and busy on the 8th so she dint care if I went out to play all day.

I have to go load some 260 ammo, I also picked up a box of the sierra 140 grainers to play with

I know im a day late and a dollar short.....but.

Thanks again Joe and all the RSO's for the SHWW 2010 match. I loved all the different shooting positions and barricades. The stage shooting out of the pistol house was probably my favorite. Thanks to all the sponsors too.

Thank goodness for the pistol stage! Talk about sucking hind tit!
blush.gif
I had a rough start with the rifle.

Congrats Ron!

Sign me up Jeff, the 18th works for me.

Sold pending trade to diggler44

Fellow Washintonians,

I just wanted to post something I am selling here to give you guys first dibs on it.

Anyway, here goes. I just learned that the rifle I am having built is going to be spending another 2-3 months at Birdsong due to a large influx of government contract work. Before I was armed with this knowledge I had ASSumed that I would have a rifle near the end of July. So in a moment of foolish optimism at the beginning of the month I decided it would be a good idea to have a fun rimfire plinker/trainer to get some cheap trigger time and have a fun gun for camping trips and such. I was immediately seduced by the 10/22 platform. I built up a cool little rifle and had a little fun with it. Unfortunately it has not filled the centrally primed, long distance, bolt-action void in my heart. Now with school beginning to loom close I have decided I really want to get in some distance work, and possibly one of dontstrokeme's awesome looking matches before it is back to books. To do this I need to finance it by selling my recently built rimfire.

The 10/22 in question is as follows:

-Purchased new factory Ruger 10/22 receiver in black, has Ruger's Weaver rail mounted
-Tactical Solutions threaded SB-X barrel, black
-Kidd manufactured bolt, matte silver finish, very nice piece that include their firing pin and EDM extractor
-Kidd charging handle (black) and guide rod, includes 3 spring options, standard, +10%, and -10%
-Black Hogue Overmold stock
-untouched factory polymer trigger group (after market trigger I had purchased for build turned out to be unsafe)
-2 standard black Ruger 10 rd rotary magazines

things that will be included free with rifle if wanted:
-Ruger wood stock with barrel band, unused except for sleight handling marks from gun shop fondling (minor)
-Ruger factory bolt, never fired unless they test them at the factory
-Ruger charging handle/guide rod assembly
-------------------------------------------------
The gun a little over 700 rounds through it. Most of this was Federal Auto Match, the remaining ~100 rounds were higher grade match ammo. The majority of the shooting has been at steel targets, but preliminary paper testing half inch potential at 50 yards (5 shot). It has cycled everything I have thrown at it, from mini mags to standard velocity, to 60 grain SS, to 38 grain SS, all on the standard spring. Reliability has been excellent so far, with only a few problems on break in. The barrel has seen a bore snake twice, once while the snake was new, and a second time when it was fresh out of the wash.

There may be a few very minor marks on the rifle, but nothing notable, or even hardly noticeable that I could find.

Price for everything listed, and possibly more that I am forgetting: $400, or make me an offer no matter how paltry

I would love to move this as soon as possible. I would like to do this face to face and I am willing to drive just about anywhere in western Washington. Serious potential buyers are more than welcome to shoot it and ensure it passes muster.

I just need my centerfire fix
frown.gif

I knew I forgot something. Right now I am without a proper camera, if pictures are wanted I can send abysmal cellphone pictures.

.......but...... I'll see you..... and raise you.....

Guys, I wanted to give everyone here a look-see, prior to posting these to the "Big Board".... I don't want to make this place seem like the "Classified Section" all of a sudden.... just an odd coincidence I guess.... but wanted to take care of the home team first....

Anyway.....

And............

MAK Tube Gun – Rem700 Short Mag

Ready for the Barrel of your choice… Chamber & Go!

Action Trued by Palazzo Precision – Covington WA.

Action Fully Epoxy Encapsulated.

Trigger is Jewell HVR w/ Bottom Safety – At 4.5 ounces.

25 MOA Rail.

Magpul Stock.

Tubb Grip.

I shot this in 300 Rem SAUM, without a break… I played around with several ways of attaching a recoil pad to the hard metal butt of the Magpul stock…. I eventually found that “Goop”… the marine form of shoe goo, worked fantastic… it ain’t pretty, but it is very affective, and it ain’t going anywhere (please look closely at the picture of the stock…. I don’t want any surprises).

This is for you, if you shoot out barrels… and are looking for the foundation for your next short mag.

$1250 Shipped.

No Trades.

Price is firm.

FFL to FFL – Will ship when cash is in hand.

Everything in photo included BUT Accu-Shot Monopod & Harris Bi-pod

IMG_2583.jpg

IMG_2554-1.jpg

IMG_2556.jpg

IMG_2577.jpg

IMG_2614.jpg

A 600 yd target & a couple of 200 yd targets I held on to for whatever reason….

IMG_2599.jpg

IMG_2598.jpg

OK. I have the date set for the next Bigs Steel Challenge.8/28/10
DSM has volunteered to RSO with me, & I can probably count on a couple more from my AO. I will be requiring an entry fee this time to cover my costs for setup.(1st. one was on me) I'll look into finding some vendors to contribute some prizes.
Time for an official sign in sheet. So far I have:

Mulehunter(as long as he shows on the 28th not the 18th...)
Hopps. You still in.
Any others?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264win</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^ the annual monk sale is not to be missed .</div></div>

We also do bake sales!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cegorach</div><div class="ubbcode-body">10/22 SPT to diggler44</div></div>

The moment I saw this add, I knew this would be the outcome....
laugh.gif

tribe it was a trade for my 243 custom. whatch out rabbits hear i come. short barreled 22lr are great truck guns.

I'll be there on the 28th. I think Luke will be too assuming he doesn't go to Alaska on that goat hunt with dad. Although I think he is INSANE for even considering NOT going!

Hey Tribe maybe I should change my name to BigFoot
smile.gif

My journeyman classes have been kicking my A but I'm all done now.

Jesse: If you see Lucas let him know I have his Midway shooting mat....and can bring it up to Bigwheel's event.

Shit Diggler...I had a 10/22 to trade for your 243!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hopps</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea I'm in, rocking the 10. </div></div>

Yeah but can you hold it sideways and shoot while running, with yo pants below your crack????

If not then you can't call yourself OG....the OG's rock "10".....Mac 10 that is!!!

Forgot to let SHWW know:

Tactical Tailor in Lakewood,WA is having a 15% off sale starting Thursday...in store only so we are in luck!! I am probably heading there on Saturday if anybody that will be at Bigwheels' shoot wants to send me a check for somthing I can pick up on Saturday.

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/index.aspx

And if anybody is considering running a Vest type rig I am refitting my Match Rig and will be getting rid of my current vest setup and a few bags, pouches if anybody wants to try that path of the "Rabbit Hole"

Ok. Registration continues for Bigs Steel Challenge.

I have :
Mulehunter
Hopps
XOR
Luke(possible)

Any more?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Leica Rangemaster 1200

$500 Shipped.

No Trades.

Price is firm.

IMG_2600.jpg

IMG_2613.jpg

IMG_2608.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

</div></div>

How far have you ranged with this Tribe?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok. Registration continues for Bigs Steel Challenge.

I have :
Mulehunter
Hopps
XOR
Luke(possible)

Any more?</div></div>

wish i could go but you scheduled it the same weekend as "pain in the grass" outdoor rock concert so i won't be able to make it. what is the entry fee, round count, length of cof?

There are all kinds of threads about these, and everyone has their favorites. Personally, I've had this out to over 1300 on the side of a house (I think it was 1340 or something).... but I wouldn't count on it to that range.

Under most conditions, it has proven to be very reliable out to 1,000 and change.... probably more so, if I were bouncing it off of larger targets, but i'm usually trying to get a read on some 13" piece of steel at 1100 yds or someting.

These are VERY good range finders for this class. It gives you instant feedback (no "wind-up" time), and it is effective on relatively small targets. For this class, I prefer it, and chose it, over the swaro for those reasons.... I'm only getting rid of it, because I got my hands on a PLRF, which is simply in a whole other league.

So far I'm looking at 8 stages with 1-3 targets each. 4 rnd/target max so max rnd count will be 100 rnds. Ranges will be from 100-1200+ yds. Course of fire is still in progress, but count on shooting positions other than prone for some of the stages. Entry fee will be $40.00.
Depending on when we wrap it up, there may be time to fire some 2K yds, or even 3K yds later, or on Sun. for those that may be interested.

The best thing about the Lecia you have for sale Tribe is the size of it....it is very small, smaller than most rangefinders, perfect for a shirt pocket. You should show a picture of it next to somthing for size reference.

I have that same Leica. It's the best pocket rangefinder I've used. I can consistently range out to 1000 yards with it and have ranged over 1300 yards at times. It has consistently outperformed other range finders I've used or seen others using (Leupolds, Nikons, etc.). It's about the same dimensions as an iPod and maybe twice as thick. The internal display is red LEDs so you can use it in low light with no problems. It is a true in-your-pocket 1000 yard device.