• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Atmos fear...if you want to come out and RSO a stage and kick in a few bucks for dinner you are welcome ths weekend.</div></div>

Id be all for it, but I have prior commitments. Count me in for the next one!

Do you typically hold these on a piece of privately owned land or do you go to a range?

What are the requirements to RSO? I was a SSG in the Army and ran or assisted with running numerous weapons quals, but I am not an NRA "official" RSO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Atmosfear</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Atmos fear...if you want to come out and RSO a stage and kick in a few bucks for dinner you are welcome ths weekend.</div></div>

Id be all for it, but I have prior commitments. Count me in for the next one!

Do you typically hold these on a piece of privately owned land or do you go to a range?

What are the requirements to RSO? I was a SSG in the Army and ran or assisted with running numerous weapons quals, but I am not an NRA "official" RSO. </div></div>

The last couple have been on private land but sometimes on BLM land. There hasnt been any at ranges yet, there really arent any ranges that have the complexity of terrain that allows for the different stages.
RSO- For the matches that DS is putting on and Biggs, no qual is needed, you just need to be able to spot hits on a target and keep an eye on people to make sure the fundementals of firearms safety or being followed. Some of the matches that are put on will require the RSO's to have credentials. Each match is organized by a different person or group, so rules/requirements change from match to match.

CJG

Developing a callus!
wink.gif

Big Joe - "The Too Tall Challenge" was an absolute blast! Very impressive, especially considering is was your first 'big show'
wink.gif
... That really was fun man... great COF.... and the stages, designed to allow the <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">shooter</span></span> to determine how he is going to use the terrain to make his shot, was fantastic! That match, was what I envision, when thinking of "practical, long range precision" (except for stage 6
eek.gif
) ... Nice Job!

Congratulations to Ron (Benchmark) - very nice shooting - must be those barrels!

Thanks to the sponsors.... lots of cool stuff... looking forward to checking out one of those Grand River Tactical vests!

Finally... thanks for the night shoot stuff, that was super cool.... the "Roof Top Hostage" & the "Hillbilly Helocopter / Somali Pirate" stages are definate musts for the next go around!

...... oh.... and your beans are THE BEST.

Now back to dry firing that damn pistol......

Oh.... and Hopps... thank you very much for the ground... that place is a slice of paradise!
whistle.gif

sorry tribe guess i had bad info good thing i couldn't go sounds like i would have had my ass handed to me on a platter

The only thing that could have made it more fun, would have been more shooters.... ......and/or a helo
grin.gif
.... but Joe's working on a SHWW budget level solution for that
laugh.gif

Or shooting the comp as opposed to RSO'ng it. Tibor, & I were going to run the course on Sun. AM but ran low on time, so we had to bail on the last few sections.
The night shoot was a kick tho. At least I had the time in the morning to verify some dope on the new barrel, so I should be good to go for the next one. Oh yeah. That will probably be my comp. Oh well.
Right now I'm looking to the week end of 8/14-15/10 for mine to run. This is tentative, but what I'm shooting for.

Thanks for the help:

Hopps
Blackwidow
Bigwheels
Tibor
Sam

It was a great time for me and I hope to do another one in the future.....scoring and pictures up tonight posssibly....kinda playing catch up around the house and bedroom!

Well I'm finally into load dev so hopefully I can get into shooting with you guys in the coming months. If the 208 a-maxes ever are available that is!

A real huge thank you to the Prize Table Donators:

-Benchmark Barrels donated a barrel

-Hooper Ordanance donated a New trigger guard and bolt knob
-Hooper's New Bottom Metal
-Hooper Ordanance donated a Bolt knob installation
-Hooper Ordanance Bolt Knob
-Triad donated multiple Rear Wedge Bags and Data book covers
-Triad Rear Wedge
-Triad Data Book Cover
-Grand River Tactical donated 1/2 off a Tactical Vest
-GRT Gen 1 Vest
-Doc Neely's Gun Shop

Without those supporters there could not have been any real prize table other than a Blue Ribbon for 1st!!!

For the meat of the post:

1st Place: 69 points Ron Sinnema 7mmWSM
2nd Place: 64 Points Jesse Hull 6.5WSM
3rd Place: 64 Points Danny Ecker
4th Place: 59 Points Chad McKnight 300 Win Mag
5th Place: 58 Points Lucas Beitner 243 Win
6th Place: 56 Points Jerry from Benchmark 6.5x47
7th Place: 45 Points Clardon Gustufsan 308 Win

This was including points counted for each hit as 1 point, across a range from 100 yard paper groups to 825 yard UKD steel to 10 yards on 4"x8" steel with a pistol.

Next time we do one out here we will have a rooftop railing on so we can do a "Hostage from Rooftop" stage!!
laugh.gif

For pics I didn't get a whole lot of the actual match...busy with other things but I took pics of the stages the next day as we ran through it.

Again thanks for all the help from the RSO's:

-Bigwheels
-Tibor
-Hopps
-Blackwidow
-Sam

------------IF ANYBODY DOES NOT WANT A PARTICULAR PICTURE UP LET ME KNOW--------

100_5026.jpg

100_5028.jpg

100_5030.jpg

Photo0221.jpg

Photo0225.jpg

Photo0222.jpg

Photo0215.jpg

Photo0219.jpg

Photo0228.jpg

Photo0229.jpg

url]

If you want to see vids and more pics follow the link to my Photobucket Album SHWW 7-17-10 Match

Thats cool Joe. But I look fat.(oh yeah. I am fat.) I had a good time too. Finally got to put that illuminated reticle to use. Next time Tibor, & I are going to compete tho, so someone else will have to step up, & fill the gap.
Everyone keep an eye out here next week for the final date for the next Big's Steel Challenge. I'm going up to see where I'm at, & will make the call next week. It will either be the weekend of the 14th, or the 28th, so Hopps,& Sam can make it.(haven't forgot about the wedding) Hope to see you all there.

The camera adds 40 lbs!
laugh.gif

I can see I've got WAY too much crap hanging off my pack
eek.gif
No wonder my back hurts
wink.gif
I'll tell you what though... night shooting off a Genie High Lift, is not something ya' do every day! Can't wait to try that again!

Joe... the link doesn't seem to be working....

BTW.... do you have the rifle only scores.... I know me and Lucas would both like to see that!
blush.gif

Link fixed.....

Lucas I have your Midway shooting mat at the house...LMK how you want to get it back.

Rifle section scores:
Ron 55
Chad 51
Lucas 48
Danny 48
Jesse 44
Clardon 38
Jerry 33

hey chad you can school me on rifle any day but if you need some help with a handgun I am your man,,,,, let me know if you want to practice sometime

Holy wow!!! That breed is smart to begin with so I think that could happen with good "high pitch" training!!!

Pretty sweet dag!!!!

Looks like you guys had fun. Those Wizzums are dominating a lot of matches.

Thanks again Hooper!!!

I have a local friend looking to unload:

'I have 500 rounds 44 rem mag, 50 rounds 44 spl that are pre primed, and 200 rounds of 45 auto. I want $20 per 100 rounds for the 44 mag and 45 auto, and $12 for the pre primed 44 spl. or trade for 45-70 govt or 270 wsm brass"

He is trustworthy friend and belives most rounds to be 1x fired....let me know if there is interest and I will pass on the contact info.

More than likely be able to fit it in...where you thinking? Almost all of my steel is set up at "hopps'", not really into taking it down and storing it at my house anymore.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More than likely be able to fit it in...where you thinking? Almost all of my steel is set up at "hopps'", not really into taking it down and storing it at my house anymore. </div></div>

plus I like shooting the stuff!

Heading out to start setting up for Big's Steel Challenge. Anything you want to do in particular? (no pistol discussion...Tribe.) Positions/Ranges/uphill/downhill?

Any way to get some steep downhill angles would be pretty cool...team shooting would be pretty good for practice. Also some countdown type stuff....where the spotter counts down and the shooter must fire at "zero".

Probably no steep downhills with any real range on them, but I'll look around. I was thinking of a coodinated fire stage where the RSO would give a countdown, & the team must fire at at the same time. It will almost certainly be a team event like my last one, as I will not be able to have RSO's for all the stages.
Any other suggestions?

Bigs... Lots of steel..... far away.
wink.gif

Dafar.... the new lay out at Hopps place, is far different from the last time we were all there. Lots of options, just have to be willing to shoot from positions of compromised support. Tons of ways to practice out there... I'm excited to go back.... if they'll have me
whistle.gif

Damn guys sounds like I missed a good time--ended up working while you folks were having fun---some times I hate my job

Yeah.... you would have really enjoyed this one....

...your job frickin' rocks... what, did you have to go out riding quads all over God's creation all weekend?
wink.gif

Hey fellas.... I just noticed our little thread here has 5 stars... anyone know where those come from, or what purpose they serve?