• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

Daps, what's next weekend look like? I was running the Sound to Narrows today. I'd like to see this place you have in Capitol Forest.

Ranger, good luck to you in your future endeavors. I may be leaving W Washington here soon with a new job as well. I'll really regret if I don't meet any of you before leaving.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captnmo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Daps, what's next weekend look like? I was running the Sound to Narrows today. I'd like to see this place you have in Capitol Forest.

Ranger, good luck to you in your future endeavors. I may be leaving W Washington here soon with a new job as well. I'll really regret if I don't meet any of you before leaving. </div></div>
I'm going shooting tomorrow around noon if you want to go nemo. Next weekend I'll be at the magpul dynamics precision rifle course. So next weekend is a bust, but you're more than welcome to come tomorrow.

nemo, you should try to get out with us tomorrow! It should be a good trip.

Ranger, congrats on the job! It's too bad to see you leave, but we won't hold it against you! thanks for all the advice over the past couple of years!

Thanks guys! I won't make it tomorrow. The wife needs me around for a full day. Have fun! Maybe the weekend after next. I've got to get a batch of ammo worked up for a good day of shooting.

Guys... we need match reports!

I just saw Alan_H referring to the RIFLE he won at Oregon.... need details Alan.... and pictures!!!
wink.gif

Well, before I go and post this up for sale elsewhere I'll give you guys first dibs.

Remington 700SA factory bottom metal with screws from my SPS tac (never used)

I'd prefer to sell it off locally.

I've seen them go for 60-65 lately, for you guys, 50ish should be good?

well yes i took home the POF .223 AR from the helo stage at the Oregon Sniper Challange this weekend! some how i managed 6 hits out of 10 from the helocopter and i am stoked! and for sure some top tier shooters there this weekend....the whole match was a blast! (pix up soon!)

Very nice Alan, sounds like the match was great from all the reports. Congrats on the new rifle and doing so well in the stage!

The Oregon Sniper Challenge was great (no rain) and fun to shoot, got to meet a bunch of new shooters and visit with many that i know and haven't seen since last year. Prizes were awesome, i placed 29th and picked up a free 22lr can - 2nd pass on the table a $300 off Shark .30 can, $100 Warne certificate, and like 3 other small things.

Alan won the helo rifle/scope and also a 50% off sweet little .556 can & $300 off a Shark also
Mike went for the new Rock Barrel & rifle paint job

Got to hang out at the bar with Chuck MawHinney and BS - and get picture and shirt signed

I'll get pics up soon

Also, for those who know him Alex was 5th overall in the match. Congratulations to him for placing so high among a great group of shooters.

Yes!

Alan... If I remember right, you tore it up on the helo stage at Findlay as well...? ..... Our resident Eye in the Sky....

Nice new stick! Good job.
FYI. I just got my e mail for Wa. special hunt drawings. I drew a second deer permit. Check your results, & let's see what you drew.

well captinkirk and i did well...we had 21 hits at the findlay cup...Death from above!

Congrats Alan-the only thing I got this weekend was a few mosquito and Buffalo Gnat bites. Freeking bugs are out in force with all the water this year.

Any thoughts from folks on another Ellensburg get together before things get too dry, or are calendars/schedules all booked up?

Oh, and no special permits in our hunting camp this year...sheatt!
cry.gif

Just heard that my partner's youngest boy (15) drew a branched antler bull tag this year. Maybe he'll get up early, & go hunting this year...

That prize table was like,,, Gun Santa's Friggin Workshop
(i was 29th and picked up a cert for a free 22lr suppressor)

guys i know this is off the wall but i am getting rid of the sport quad my wife never rides so if you know anyone that needs a suzuki ltz 400 2006 let me know. I am happy to take trades also i don't need the cash the damn thing is just taking up space. I could really use a small aluminum boat, or more guns/optics of course.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/2444449326.html

Anything going on this weekend? So far all I can find is a gun show in chehalis.

FREE to good home, cirtificate for $50 off an American Precision Arms stripped lower

first PM "ill take it" gets it

SHWW group only

Pretty damn generous of you Alan! Like I've said before, couldn't find a nicer bunch of guys than those from the SHWW group.

Well, I had a great time. I've never been to a match but that everybody there was great to hang out with. There were shooters from the RCMP SWAT, with one of the <span style="font-style: italic">quietest</span> .308 cans I've ever heard. I asked him who made it, and he had no idea. It had a few letters and numbers stamped on it, but they looked more like batch/lot numbers. No names.
I blew a static course of fire in a major way with one bonehead mistake, cost me an easy 100 points. Shot a 94 in the pistol stage the first day, which helped, and I think I was high score in the 800 yard stage which helped even more. Ended up 27th out of 56, which (barely) made my goal of finishing in the top half. Squeaker.
I got two passes through the prize table before the melee, and decided to leave the can certificates on the table- I've already got four. Got a new Rock Creek Barrel and complete weapon teflon coating, plus $100 Warne certificate.
I got to spend a fair amount of time with Chuck Mawhinney Friday night over a bunch of beers, and with Chuck and Ed Eaton on both shooting days. Ed had some good 'shooting out of a helicopter' stories. I feel honored to meet such men.
If you add in the 100 points I blew, I'da been 17th overal. But that's what wins matches: not making mistakes.
Steve and Jen put on a great match. Challenging stages, hard time limits, and straight-up scoring. The prize table was incredible and a reflection of the work they put into the match.
Who was it PatM, AlanH, and I had dinner with Saturday night at Calamity Janes?

1911fan

Fellas.... just thought I'd share.... Impulse Targets & Racks.... I promised the dude I would do a review of them...... So without further ado....

I LOVE THIS TARGET SYSTEM!

The square range I call home, is very restrictive on the types of targets you can use... and for this discipline, we all know how important a reactive target can be. For the longest time, I was shooting clays at the 200yd berm, for all of my positional practice... until I was reprimanded for using "un-approved" targets....

I can use steel... only if it is capable of knocking the rounds directly down into the berm. I needed something compact, yet capable of taking the punishment of a large volume of rounds from 6x47 & 300wm cartriges... Impulse is building the perfect kit... It couldn't fit the bill any better... It's made the square range fun again, and would clearly be stellar in the field...

I went with the 4" "T-Top" for the specific purpose, of positional practice at a 200yd berm... The following are pictures from my first session, with my new favorite training partner. I chucked 80rds of 107's at it, doing around 3k fps.... The 210vld's are up next
wink.gif

Note how this thing stows away, nice & tight... throw a rubber tie down around it, and it not only packs well.... but it won't even roll, or slide around in the back of the rig....

This thing is just what the Dr. ordered.
grin.gif

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

Looks like a well thought out system. What does it weigh? Cost, & availability?

Who all is still on for a ELR shoot week after next? Let me know. Especially if you're bringing a 50.

I'm probably not going to make it. Benchmark sent my barrel out for meloniting earlier this week, and I'm going to assume there's no way it'll make it where it's going, get melonited, make it back to Benchmark, and then get installed in the next 2 weeks.
frown.gif

Just a heads up for anybody looking to go the trust route for a suppressor.

There's a local lawyer who has a trust system specifically designed for NFA items and crafted specifically to WA state law... they'll hook you up in days, little to no hassle (finding a damn notary around here who wasn't out to lunch was the hardest part), for $125.

Some folks will still prefer Willmaker or whatever, but for me it was well worth the piece of mind. Just thought I would pass it on.

http://www.brislawnlofton.com/
(go to the contact page, select "the office", and tell them you want a GunDocX trust).

Bigs: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...673#Post2368673
You can definately jimmy-rig stuff for cheaper... but even then, all of the components add up in a hurry... I think this thing is going to serve me well for a good long time.

There is an internal cross bar... the target hangs from a piece of tubing that slides over the internal "pipe", and spins around it... in my set-up, there are also tubes to either side, that are basically "spacer tubes", that slide over the same internal tube, and basically serve to keep the target centered. At that range, it spins around that pipe a good 3-4 times.... can't wait to see what the WM does to it.
wink.gif

As beefy as it is, it is surprisingly light.... I would guess around 40-50 pounds for the whole thing as you see it. No problem throwing it over the shoulders, and walking it down range...

Hey guys,

Just a heads up. R Bros is now a Class II SOT manufacturer. I have setup as a Thunderbeast Arms dealer, and will be also getting setup with Yankee Hill and Gemtech. Should have a few Thunderbeast can's in the shop in a few weeks.

Also, I have a Leupold VX3 scope...6.5-20x50 LR w/varmint reticle that I am going to be listing up. I picked it up for a test scope, but never used it. Asking $600 for it. Will probably get it listed up next week in the classifieds.

I'll bet your 300WM will get that little tgt spinning like a propeller. Probably be good for keeping your barrel cool having to wait for it to stop.
You still think you might make it up for the ELR on 7/2? I have some shiny orange boxes for ya.

Yeah. The orange ones are their new thing. I got 3 un-opened orange ones, & a partial yellow box for ya.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome to the free states! .......well....... sorta.....
wink.gif
</div></div>

Thanks, I won't have my guns or vehicle until I get back in January, but can you recommend some good places to go shoot?

Hey guys i am in planning stages of the next match so i need some input from my local shooters.

1. When in september would you like it excluding labor day weekend

2. location moses lake or ellensburg? moses will have longer course on foot with natural terrain and no man made barracades.

just like always i will be looking for people to help with setup and ro.

Any weekend in Sept is good with me.

I'd like to try Moses Lake since I haven't shot there yet, but either Moses Lake or Ellensburg would be fine with me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Team-Send-It!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys i am in planning stages of the next match so i need some input from my local shooters.

1. When in september would you like it excluding labor day weekend

2. location moses lake or ellensburg? moses will have longer course on foot with natural terrain and no man made barracades.

just like always i will be looking for people to help with setup and ro. </div></div>

I'm not familiar with Moses Lake in September am I good to ride my motorcycle there or is it gonna be iced up?