• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captnmo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Several friends of mine with skill sets in this field convinced me I'd be good at it and it was easy to take up. After researching everything I know they're full of shit, lol... but they had good intentions. So, I'm a newbie to LR shooting and I might be out of place at a group shoot for the moment. I'm an application more than observation person. I'm hoping to have my equipment in the next few weeks so I can go out and get some rounds down range and some emperical knowledge.

Purchased
GAP 10, 308, 22", PRS, SF Muzzle Brake

Still deciding/ Waiting on funds...
Optics:
NF 3.5-15 MIL / SN-3 or T-PAL 3.2-17 MIL

Suppressor
Surefire FA762SS (I'm not a fan of ear plugs or hearing loss, lol)

Need to pick-up a bi-pod, Troy BUIS, and sling still... And before anyone starts in on me about bolts I know they're better but for now I'm not looking to go more than 1000 and I wanted a platform I felt more comfortable with to start.
</div></div>

Broker, I've got the same GAP coming but with an 18" barrel. How much longer is your wait?

One of these days I'm going to link up with these guys and shoot with them. I'm in a bit of a transition with my career and with another baby on the way, so my time is limited. But from what I know of them already, they're an awesome bunch of guys. </div></div>

I ordered mine on May 6th and the paint dept called me a few days ago and said it's likely be done by the end of this week, but I haven't received a call from Tracy yet. Hopefully next week and it will have been only 2 months...

Well, the ELR shoot didn't go as planned. The sun was casting a shadow over the tgt area, & we couldn't see anything. No splash, no trace, nothing. So we bailed down to some shorter ranges, & did some bangin on the 750yd steel, & I worked over another new spot that gave 860yd, & we shot a few there too. After Jake, & Kirk left, I stayed , & did some 1250yd shots. Love those new 225's. I got 2 for 6 @ 1250 in some switching winds, & terrible mirage even while firing through some weeds, that I was too lazy to cut down. All in all, a good day. Next time we need to do the ELR shooting in the evening so the sun will help, not hinder. Thanks for coming up guys. we'll have to do it again soon.

It's about 1/2 hr N of Sedro Wooley. If you want to come up & shoot just let me know. I shoot as often as I can, so almost any weekend, & some weekdays too are open with a little advanced warning.

It's a long drive from Buckley, but I'll work on an all day hall pass and let you know. I'd love to come up.

Guys, if any of you know of any housing (temporary or fulltime) in or around the Spokane area, please send me a pm.
Marty

Marty I have a house over in Cheney. About 15 minutes from Spokane. It's big ( 2800 square feet ) and four bedrooms and three bath but what are you looking for. Send me a pm and let's talk

I've been told I need to bet my optics "Professionally Mounted" in the unimount. I guess in the USMC they have them done before they hand them out. I'll admit I'm a dumbass and thought I could simply put it in the mount and float it.

So, do you all have any recommendations for someone who does this in Jefferson, Kitsap, Mason, or Pierce County? I'm probably going towards the ST-10 with the new Badger Mount made for the GAP-10...

I hope everyone here had a safe, & fun 4th of July. As per usual I was home, up 1/2 the night with the pooches, who don't like fire works!
Broker. I don't see anything extra special about the unimount. You should be able to mount it up, & check it with a bore sighter, & torque it down. But there are a few guys down there that could give you a hand if you realy need it. I'm willing to help, but I'm a fair ways away.

Hey guys, I have a new AI 5 round 300 WM mag I dont need. New!

$50 and its yours. Just let me know if you would like it. You can send me some money and when we hook up next it is yours.

Sorry jeff. Sold to Ryan.

I do want that shirt though. XL right? It's mine please

Broker, I have the exact setup that ranger recommended to me, with low rings instead of high ones. I'd 2nd his recommendation in a heartbeat! It worked great for me so far, while doing some shooting at 850 yards.

Broker,

The Professionally Mounted reccomendation is a CYA for the MFG. Nobody wants to be liable if you dick up the scope, rifle or mount because the customer wasnt allowed to toch dad's craftsman tools growing up and is inept at operating a screwdriver.

When you get everything in hand we can talk you through it or depending on your location I'm sure sombody will rodger up to help you out if you are not comfortable with doing it yourself.

Having the right tools (ie torque screwdrivers) is an investment but well worth it...again I'm sure sombody can help you with this as well if you mearly need to mount one optic.

What Anchor said,... if you're ever near Kenmore Range in Bothell, I'll mount it up good-n'-proper for ya
smile.gif
I have levels, torque wrenches, bore-sighters,... you name it. I swap my scopes around different rifles all the time. Just let me know.

If you need to have your base put on, I'll do that to,... you just need to have the right mounting screws for your rifle's action - these usually come with the base.

Ry

Is there anyone on the west side of Puget sound interested in getting together to do some rifle shooting? Hopefully, some distance shooting, but since moving here, my trigger time has been nearly non-existent (except for a half hour if load testing at 100 yards), so almost any distances would work well.

I can get out to shoot on weekdays, or weekends. If anyone is interested, PM or email me, and we will set something up.

I used to do quite a bit of practical rifle, and precision rifle (civilian sniper stuff) at tri-county gun club in Sherwood, Oregon, just outside Portland. I'm not a newbie, novice, or looking to pick your brain over tacticool stuff. I just want to shoot.

Unknown. Not sure who is still around on that side of the sound. Blackwidow, & dontstrokeme haven't been heard from in months. But you can probably get a few of the south sounders to head out to Sol-Duc for some shooting. I've been over there a couple times, but the ferry ride, etc. for me is a little too costly for a regular occurrence.
If you want to set up a weekend, & come up to my AO, we can do some shooting. The ferry ride isn't so bad for a regular car. My truck, on the other hand, casts a little more. Could make a weekend out of it too, & camp out. Have some great scenery when you can see it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hamburg113</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting. </div></div>
WTF? Internet bot out trolling?

Dafar is still around, Don and I have ben slammed with everything from home improvement to bed ridden spouses and kids with mulitple surgeries this year but we are still here in Bremerton. Unknown I will be trying to start shooting again real soon. Since I dont get on the site much I recommend you pm me

For those of you in Eastern WA, looks like it is going to be a great day to shoot in gusty (30-35mph) dusty conditions. While the temps are going to be cooler than the last couple days, I think I'll take the wait and see approach.

anybody local have any 6.5 creedmoor ammo loaded up or a place i could buy some? i have a gap 6.5 cm coming in tonight and would like to try it out tomorrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn Scott another new toy, not sure about ammo but I can look around the city for ya.</div></div>
Marty make sure when you look for it you do it on company time don't want you to waste personal time doing it.

I took it in trade and will probably be selling it so if anybody is interested in a gap creedmoor i will have one i will sell for a damn good price to you local guys.

it only does me any good if you are going to come out shooting with chad and i tomorrow though after that it will be up for sale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aw, come on. Do some wind practice. It's good for ya. </div></div> Repeat afta me:<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> <span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="font-size: 17pt"> The wind is my friend...the wind is my friend!</span> </span> </span>

Okay Jeff- I'll look for a good crosswind/screwy angles in relation to the target...and let you know if my educated/calculated holdoffs are even in the neighborhood. Right now it's blowing pretty much parallel to the shooting range.

Looks like our good friend/member with <span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="color: #FF0000"> Serious Rifle ADD <span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"> </span> </span> </span> has made another acquistion??

Should we do an intervention and send TSI to treatment? Nah...he lets the rest of us see and occasionally purchase lotsa neat shit!

Hey all, I'm in Wenatchee but working commuting to Ephrata right now. I shot the Findlay cup with a few people from this thread if I remember right. Any upcoming shoots or get togethers that aren't too far away coming up soon? let me know I'd like to get out and do some shooting with some people!

PS: I guess there is a hunter bench rest shoot at the #2 canyon gunclub outside Wenatchee this saturday/sunday out to 300 yds. I'm not to keen on that type of competition but think it might be fun to try it out. Anybody else know about this?

Mike

I'm in the Silverdale/Bremerton area. If someone gets a link to what they would suggest for mounting tools I'd appreciate it. I'll probably meet up with you all and I can mount my optics then...

Dafar.... Roto posted not to long ago.... Have not seen him in a long while.

BJ.... Welcome!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Team-Send-It!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey to be fair I took this one in trade with <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">no real intentions </span></span></span>of keeping it </div></div>

Tribe, if Team-Send-It shoots .5-.75 MOA with factory ammo with the new stick-no load development, where are the oddsmakers coming in, 20-1 against immediate sale?

Just kidding Scott- have fun airing it out this weekend, hope you got some ammo cornered.

Scope/base/ring Mounting tools:

Allen wrenches (torque wrench if you have one)
level
feeler gauges
blue loc tite or clear nail polish for screws
small wrenches if there are bolts
some kind of plumb line

I have all this stuff except the torque wrench (I've never stripped out any screws or had any come loose) and I'm out of blue loc-titr.

If anyone else here knows you and vouches for you, I'll be happy to loan out tools. I just don't know anyone here because I'm new to the area, but I have had great luck loaning tools to other gun guys.

IM or email me if you want to meet up and get the tools.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dibbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Team-Send-It!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey to be fair I took this one in trade with <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">no real intentions </span></span></span>of keeping it </div></div>

Tribe, if Team-Send-It shoots .5-.75 MOA with factory ammo with the new stick-no load development, where are the oddsmakers coming in, 20-1 against immediate sale?

Just kidding Scott- have fun airing it out this weekend, hope you got some ammo cornered.</div></div>

There is a 0% chance of me keeping it, just wanted to shoot it out of curiosity because i this is the gap i have had my grubby little hands on.

It is a trued 700, badger bolt knob,20moa base, m5 dbm, mcmillan htg gap camo, bartlein 23" heavy varmint barrel with badger thruster brake barreled action cerakoated black. all work performed by gap and has there stamp on barrel. roughly 400rds down range. comes with brass/dies pm me for pricing (promise cheaper than damn near any gap rifle you will see for sale)

I LOVE MY TRG!!!!

ODDS? He already owes me $100 bucks for selling the last rifle he would "never sell".... in less than three months (way less... me thinks) - I bet him a year....
laugh.gif

To be fair..... that hamster brain works FAST.... 3 months, must feel 'bout like a decade... or two....
wink.gif

Scott - I am sure this is a day late but if your on your way to Ebug to shoot I am sure 3 Forks ammo in Cle Elum has some 6.5 creedmore in stock.

Anyone in the South Sound know where I can get a KMW Pod Lock or have a new one lying around I can buy? Only places online and in-stock want to charge me $13 shipping for a $26 part that can fit in a damn envelope for less than $1 USPS, lol...

I know it isn't 6.5 CM ammo but I could help with bullets, primers, powder..no brass or dies for it though. I shoot a 260 Rem, and 6.5 Grendels.

Hunter..... good call... wish we'd thought of that.. been meaning to check that place out. Always hear good things.....

i did some sub sonic .308 testing today in wenatchee does that count?...also trying to learn the mil/mil system on that SWFA 1-4 i won at OSC....definatly wish i woulda done mil/mil or moa/moa from the get go

Alan, you did well down there, you got some really nice goodies, looking forward to seeing that POF some day