• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Re: SHWW Group

Was able to get out today and shoot for the first time since surgery! Went fantastic until I blew a 1/4 moa cold bore group on the last shot! Got some rockchucks that are going to die in the morning! I'm psyched.... :p

Mike

SHWW Group

Locals get first dibs:
NF 3.5-15X50 NPR2, none HS or ZS, some dings n scratches,$1200 FTF and can deliver NCW area. Can also bring to Kettle Falls this weekend. Cash or USPS MO.

1911fan

If anyone is on Facebook could you please vote for a picture in the FDAC photo contest and vote for mine if you like it the best
wink.gif

Just click the link below and hit like.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3...e=1&theater

Here's the pic
33zclm1.jpg

If I've met you at a match or your in one of my Youtube match videos be sure to add me as a friend too if you like.

Glad to hear the shoulder is working well Mike! Good news. A 1/4 MOA cold bore is great, I shoot a .308 so that's the best I could do for a cold bore group. What I do on the second shot usually brings the group size up to 1.5 MOA. Is there a tongue-in-cheek icon? Really though, glad you're feeling good.

Big Johnson,
As a veteran of 4 different shoulder surgeries myself, I'm interested in what you had done to your shoulder. Glad to hear you are mending up well. I'll gladly commiserate with you, and provide sympathy...

Went out yesterday with Big Wheels. Okay so really what happened was I left the house late, got screwed by NB traffic on I5, and wound passing him on the last mile of logging road. Doh!

However the SH Cup rifle is coming along nicely. Set up at 794 yards and after a mag of cookie cuttering things I was able to get some good hits.

Rifle:
7006817248_e08afcb8bc_d.jpg

Hits:
7182647932_46c721b2eb_m_d.jpg

That mirage was brutal yesterday. I didn't set up any steel but had some clay pigeons to blast. Had a cold bore pigeon hit @ 750 to start the day, & hit 2 for 10rnds @ 1250yd. Got sun burnt & called it a day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Unknown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Big Johnson,
As a veteran of 4 different shoulder surgeries myself, I'm interested in what you had done to your shoulder. Glad to hear you are mending up well. I'll gladly commiserate with you, and provide sympathy... </div></div>

Ha thanks. The day after the Findlay Cup I had a partially torn rotator cuff operated on. Had two titanium anchors screwed in to hold the cuff and a tiny bone spur removed. All arthroscopic but still wasn't a fun recovery...
smile.gif

Mike

Well if anyone is still hesitant on switching over like I was, just make the switch already. After chatting with Cody from STM I ordered their tumbling set and got started. Ran my first batch of 100 pieces of 6.5 Creedmoor brass tonight, and these are the results:

Before:
eUZuu.jpg

After:
s2HuN.jpg

I get the same results and love it every time too !

A handy tip also is to keep your de-capping pin in when you resize just to make sure you didn't miss any stuck pins in a flash hole. It can happen when your running 100 at a time and not checking every case, they pop right out if there are any.

Hey guys just doing this for jd cuz he can't get on his phone right now he just shot a 300 pound hog at about 150 yards in the dark. Was a perfect shot right behind the ear pig took 1 step and was dead.

I'm trying to figure out whether it is the time of the orientation, or a general lack of interest that has kept people from signing up for the Nisqually practical rifle match.

With that in mind, if I were to ask the board for an additional time slot for orientation, which of the following would be preferred? And would people actually attend if I were to get another time slot?

1. A weekend time slot, 9am-1pm
2. A weekday time slot 4pm-8pm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcwarrior87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys just doing this for jd cuz he can't get on his phone right now he just shot a 300 pound hog at about 150 yards in the dark. Was a perfect shot right behind the ear pig took 1 step and was dead. </div></div>

Well done JD. Glad to hear the trip is going well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well if anyone is still hesitant on switching over like I was, just make the switch already. After chatting with Cody from STM I ordered their tumbling set and got started. Ran my first batch of 100 pieces of 6.5 Creedmoor brass tonight, and these are the results:

Before:
eUZuu.jpg

After:
s2HuN.jpg
</div></div>

Yep, yep. Those who go stainless steel seldom go back... Makes large batches of brass prep a whole lot easier. I hooked mine up to a timer so I can just set it and forget it. Its nice to wake up in the morning to clean brass. Now if I could just afford that Giraud...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Unknown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm trying to figure out whether it is the time of the orientation, or a general lack of interest that has kept people from signing up for the Nisqually practical rifle match.

With that in mind, if I were to ask the board for an additional time slot for orientation, which of the following would be preferred? And would people actually attend if I were to get another time slot?

1. A weekend time slot, 9am-1pm
2. A weekday time slot 4pm-8pm

</div></div>
Unknown,

As you are well aware, these things are a pretty consuming in terms of both cost and time. For pretty much everyone, road time, is the biggest factor, regardless of where the actual match is held.

So unless the folks that make up the Puget Sound roster, actually go out and shoot the match, I think the likely competitors would need more information, and less time commitment.

The prospect of driving to some sort of orientation, and returning on another date, with your own steel, sounds more like an organized "shoot", than it does a match.

Perhaps if you were able to get the orientation done the same day, and provide an idea of your course of fire, you may get some more interest.

Just my .02, FWIW.... I hope you pull it off... more matches going on, is a GOOD thing!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice JD, congrats, lets see some pictures of that HOG!! </div></div>
Pics, Rifle specs, etc.!
grin.gif

No pics yet no internet but my phone, shot with jd's 308 in krg stock shot with 168gr hornady match bullet. Apon butching we found the bullet in three piece wt 149grs bullet split into three pieces while going through the spine right behind the head

I must apologize.. I have been going through so many emails, I put down that the kind loan of the targets for my match came from TSI, when it was from HOLDMYBEERWHILEIMAKETHISSHOT.

I am very sorry for the mistake, and will attempt to make ammends.

Tribe,
Nisqually gave me some rather unusual parameters for the first match:
1. 10 shooters
2. Only get the range for 6 hours, so other people can use it later in the afternoon
3. Orientation is required for safety and to explain rules to participants.

I'm always up early, 6am on a weekend is really sleeping in for me, so I wouldn't be bothered by doing an orientation starting at 4am, with the match starting at 8am, so we can be off the range by 2pm.. But I doubt many shooters would want to get up at 2am for that.

If my screwing up who offered to loan me the steel didn't offend HoldmybeerwhileImakethisshot, and I can still use some of his steel, here is what the course of fire I have so far looks like:

Stage 1: 6 inch square at 100,200,300 yards. Max time 180 seconds.
On start signal engage each target (near to far) moving through positions of offhand, squatting, kneeling, seated, prone. Only one round required for each target in each position, but points diminish as you take your three shots. 5,3,1 points at 100 yards, 7,5,3 points at 200 yards, 9,7,5 points at 300 yards. You only get three attempts in each position, and points diminish with each subsequent shot. Start in low ready. Min 15 rounds.

Stage 2: four 8 inch circles at 200 yards. Max time 120 seconds
There will be two shooting positions, a barrel, and a log, or similar props.
Engage each target 1X from beside the prop, then 1X over the top of the prop, clear rifle, move to next position and repeat. You may only take 3 shots at each target from each position. Start in low ready. Min 16 rounds.

Stage 3: two 5.5x8.5 rectangles at 300 yards, two 10 inch, and two 12 inch plates at 550 yards. Max time 180 seconds.
Begin in position of choice, rifle and chamber loaded, on safe.
On start signal, hit each rectangle 1X, then hit one 10 inch plate 1X, hit ea rectangle 1X, then hit other 10 inch plate. Repeat sequence with the 12 inch plates at 550 yards.

No more than three shots (attempts) to hit any plate during a sequence. Once hit, you get three shots to hit the next target. In other words, you only get three tries to hit any plate. MIn 12 rounds.

Stage 4: From rooftop prop. Two 33% IPSC plates at 200, Two 45% IPSC plates at 300, Two 66% IPSC plates at 400. Max time 180 sec.
Shooters are only allowed 15 rounds from each position, and may only load 15 rounds into each magazine.
On start signal, engage each target one time (near to far) from next to roof prop, reload, then move to rooftop and repeat the sequence. (I have had conflicting requirements from the club's board on whether rifles must be cleared prior to movement, or just put on safe. If I were king, I would say just put it on safe, but I don't know yet what the "powers that be" will require, so be ready.) Min rounds 12.

Match requires 55 rounds if you hit everything with the first round. I'm going to bring at least 100 rounds.

I hope that helps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Unknown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I must apologize.. I have been going through so many emails, I put down that the kind loan of the targets for my match came from TSI, when it was from HOLDMYBEERWHILEIMAKETHISSHOT.

I am very sorry for the mistake, and will attempt to make ammends. </div></div>

It is TSI, The admins have been having a little fun with him and his rotating name
wink.gif

As for the orientation and safety meeting, The morning of the match would be preferable.
I know for Scott's and Findlay it really didn't take too much time and even if it took an hour I'd rather leave an hour earlier on a Sat. than to have to put 4 hours of driving in for a meeting.
Right now you have 4 stages with 10 shooters and roughly 3 min. a stage so let's assume its an hour a stage instead of say 40min.
That covers 4 hours of your allotted 6 hours of shooting time so it would seem there's a little time in there for a orientation.

At one,

Excellent point about the timing. Your ideas are EXCELLENT, and give me much to consider. Because I'm always up well before 6am, doing an early orientation isn't an issue for me.

The problem I haven't figured out how do deal with, is if someone shows up for the match, when they should really be learning how to operate their weapon system better first. The orientation sorts that all out.

All the stages (at least for now) are shot on the same range, so I won't be able to run more than one shooter at a time, but I could go from one to another as long as they are truly ready to shoot as soon as the timer and RO make the 15-20 yard walk to their shooting point.

I had thought about having people run the course more than once, but I don't have any problems with doing the orientation, and a shorter match.

I'll pass your ideas around with the people who have already registered, and ask them how they feel about it. Conceivably, everyone (including me) would save a great deal of time if I started the orientation at 6am, and they did the shooting portion of the orientation at 8am, starting the match at 9am or a bit afterwards.

GREAT INPUT, MANY THANKS. I'll ask the people who have already registered for their input and opinion, and go with that. Those who register later on, would just have to "go with the flow", but I suspect that they would also realize a time savings, and for many, saving money by not having to leave work early.

The range shouldn't be an issue because we have it scheduled for 8am anyhow.

Thanks very much!

Hey Unknown.... If I'm speaking out of turn here, and everything is filled up, I apologize.... If not, I think one of the main hang-ups, is this "orientation". Maybe if you can provide a bit more insight as to what that actually entails, it would help pull some more shooters out of the woods...

I myself don't think I can make this match, just trying to help out.... I think most guys will be more than flexible with going with the flow, and being part of crafting a new match, at a new facility, but I'm sure the additional logistic issues created with the orientation, is your stickiest wicket...

BTW.... TSI is most definitely your guy.... all of the other names were just thrown in there at a perfect time, to further confuse your foray, into the masochistic life of a match director!
laugh.gif

Good luck with that!
whistle.gif

wow a whole lot going on i missed this weekend while doing honey dos for the wife.

I can't make it the weekend of the match but to the rest of you guys out there go out and shoot it we need to have more avenues to compete in and taking a chance on a new location/director is the only way its going to happen. remember 4 yrs ago there wasn't a kettle falls match and 2 yrs ago i wasn't even considering hosting matches. Now we can both fill up all are spots in matter of hours. this is your chance to get in while it is still easy to do so at a new avenue.

to me the stages sound fun and are very much oriented for factory rifles and 223/308 to not be at any real dissadvantage. hell i know if i was going i would be rocking my 308 suppressed!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Unknown.... If I'm speaking out of turn here, and everything is filled up, I apologize.... If not, I think one of the main hang-ups, is this "orientation". Maybe if you can provide a bit more insight as to what that actually entails, it would help pull some more shooters out of the woods...

I myself don't think I can make this match, just trying to help out.... I think most guys will be more than flexible with going with the flow, and being part of crafting a new match, at a new facility, but I'm sure the additional logistic issues created with the orientation, is your stickiest wicket...

BTW.... TSI is most definitely your guy.... all of the other names were just thrown in there at a perfect time, to further confuse your foray, into the masochistic life of a match director!
laugh.gif

Good luck with that!
whistle.gif
</div></div>

Tribe,
That is a no *#tter...I have had to be match director plenty of times, and was one of the original practical rifle discipline directors back in the early 1980's...I knew what I was getting myself into.

Yep, I sure as hell did get confused by all the name changes, but TSI and I spoke on the phone today, and he explained it all to me. I think the handle that I got the biggest laugh out of was Ilikepenisalot...funny as hell.

I sent an email off to Nisqually's powers that be asking if I can move the orientation to 6am on Saturday. I'm hard wired to get up early, so for me I'll only have to get up an hour or so earlier than on most weekends. But the gas and travel time savings for everyone (myself included) is enormous, and makes it well worth the difference.

Everyone I have contacted so far favors the saturday orientation, so that is what I'm trying to put together. Nisqually has limited the match to 10 shooters for this one as they want to use this match as a test bed to see how it will work out.

If things go as I hope, eventually, I hope to be able to use a couple of ranges for each match. That way I can do some close work perhaps on a pistol range, and the longer work on the 550 yard range. 550 yards is plenty of distance for the AR15 platform rifles, and for many guys with semi auto 308's the matches will still be challenging if the stages are set up properly.

Some day, I would like to have a stage with golf balls from 50-100 yards, apricots at 100 yards, or little 1.5x2.5 inch blocks of wood at 75-125 yards. Eggs are fun too at 100 yards. Anyhow, there are plenty of ways to make things tougher. When you start from standing, with an empty rifle and get only 5 shots to hit as many eggs as you can at 100 yards in 60 seconds, very few people get all 5.

Anyhow, I'll post info about changing the orientation as soon as I get feedback from the club.

Scott.... What was that one about "tongue punching a fart box"? Instant classic.... You should roll with it.... Or maybe Dan might like to pick up a new handle...
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Unknown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some day, I would like to have a stage with golf balls from 50-100 yards, apricots at 100 yards, or little 1.5x2.5 inch blocks of wood at 75-125 yards. Eggs are fun too at 100 yards. </div></div>

One word: "Onions!" They're cheap at Costco, can be bought by the bushel, and explode nicely when hit with a super-sonic round,... Oh! and they're biodegradable(!)... after all, this is Washington
smile.gif

Ry

ONIONS" Great idea....stinky, but great idea.

Due to popular request, the orientation for the match has been changed to 6am (not 6:15am) on Saturday, 16 June, just prior to the match.

The board has limited the first match to 10 shooters, so contact me to make sure there is space still available.

No bullets with ferrous content will be allowed, so check your ammo with a magnet as that is what we will do prior to the match starting up...we will actually check every round with a magnet, and if it passes, you get it back to shoot...it not, well, you were going to screw up our plates with it....

Hey guys I wanted to pass on a deal for those going to the match this weekend.
I have 10 demo return arm boards, the group ran them for a week before they placed their full order with changes, I altered these to bring them up to speed. They are designed to fit a standard 3x5 card, the outer window opens up to expose another window and pen loop, they are quick adjustable with the use of a fastex buckle. They retail for $40.00 ea and I am letting them go for $30. there are only <span style="text-decoration: line-through">6</span> <span style="text-decoration: line-through">5</span> <span style="text-decoration: line-through">4</span> <span style="text-decoration: line-through">3</span> <span style="text-decoration: line-through">2</span> 1 left so if you want one send me a PM and I will hold one for you. I will also donate one to the prize table for this weekends event.
See you all there.
SScott

002-11.jpg

Hey guys i am wondering if anybody is available to shoot kettle falls this weekend that isn't already planning on going? I have a buddy who may have lost his teammate for the match.

pm me if your interested.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SScott... those look nice! </div></div>
Thanks, with the added pen loop and fastex buckles these are perfect for our sport.
SScott

Well, all that are driving tomorrow or Saturday morning, take care and I will see you for Beer and Pies at the Kettle Falls Inn.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, all that are driving tomorrow or Saturday morning, take care and I will see you for Beer and Pies at the Kettle Falls Inn. </div></div>

Looking foward to it Marty!

Hey guys, I am a WA resident living in the Redmond area. I really want to get out and meet some of you guys some time and start shooting and learning more. But right now I have a rifle/parts to sell and I wanted to offer it to any of you for a FTF before I posted it publicly.

Right now I'm unloading a Rem700 in .223 that sits in an AICS 1.5 as well as a Harris 6-9 notched with a pod lock.

The stock has been painted black, the original color is tan. If you take the shell off you will notice that a previous owner had either engraved his name and then ground it off or something but its purely cosmetic and doesn't show with the skins on.
The action and barrel were painted black too I believe but with a cheap spray paint and would probably need to be stripped IMO.

As a package it is...
AICS 1.5
1 Polymer AICS mag
R700 .223 Barreled action
Harris 6-9 notched Bipod w/pod lock
Badger bolt knob
Badger scope base 20 moa

I was thinking about 1200 for all items but I am willing to part it out. PM me with any questions at all. I look forward to meeting you guys this summer!

k470qe.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, all that are driving tomorrow or Saturday morning, take care and I will see you for Beer and Pies at the Kettle Falls Inn.</div></div>

....mmmmm.... I like them Pineapple Pies!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, all that are driving tomorrow or Saturday morning, take care and I will see you for Beer and Pies at the Kettle Falls Inn.</div></div>

....mmmmm.... I like them Pineapple Pies!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Canadian bacon and Pineapple,is my favorite, damn it, now my mouth is watering!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, all that are driving tomorrow or Saturday morning, take care and I will see you for Beer and Pies at the Kettle Falls Inn. </div></div>

Good luck to y'all. Wish I was going... Looks like I'll be helping my sister-in-law move.
frown.gif

Where's the shoot at Kettle falls and how often does it happen?
Is there a place to register? I'm new and want to start going to some matches

Have fun this weekend guys... been wanting to go to this one for years, finally got it worked into the schedule, been looking forward to it for months... had to bow out (found a replacement) as I go in for neck surgery on Wednesday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: memilanuk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have fun this weekend guys... been wanting to go to this one for years, finally got it worked into the schedule, been looking forward to it for months... had to bow out (found a replacement) as I go in for neck surgery on Wednesday. </div></div>

Ouch!! Best of luck Monte and I wish ya a speedy recovery!

Mike