• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Tres, welcome to the Pacific Northwest a little different from home I am sure. Really enjoyed your reloading stickies, Jim is hinting on putting a little match on after Elk season and before Thanksgiving, perhaps we will see you there.

TresMon and wildernessmeans.com are now in north central WA. Where to plug in the shootin scene??

Sweet! Where in NCWash are you located? I look forward to meeting a fellow Devil Dog, learning new things, and showing off my muley bucks! ;^)

All,

Just wanted to say hello to everyone on here, I have been lurking on the forums a bit and recently bought a rifle off another member (ogreshooter). I grew up in Western Washington and currently live in North Seattle. Looking forward to meeting up with some of the folks on here sometime soon!

Thanks AtOne I'll start reading over there as well. Is anyone participating in the group TBAC buy? I was thinking of getting a 30P-1 or 30BA, having trouble making a decision, is anyone else participating and/or have some advice on direct thread vs brake attach?

Thanks AtOne I'll start reading over there as well. Is anyone participating in the group TBAC buy? I was thinking of getting a 30P-1 or 30BA, having trouble making a decision, is anyone else participating and/or have some advice on direct thread vs brake attach?

As a BA owner, I'd second that -- not because of any accuracy concerns, but because now that I have the can, I really never shoot my bolt gun without it, and cleaning the carbon out of the damn brake/mount becomes a chore (not that I'm good about it, but before long I have no choice...)

It would be a no contest except I'd like to use it on an AR platform (223 and .308). Would the right course of action be to get an adaptor from TROS or Gemtech and a thread on protector when not in use on the ARs? Any worries about backing off?

It would be a no contest except I'd like to use it on an AR platform (223 and .308). Would the right course of action be to get an adaptor from TROS or Gemtech and a thread on protector when not in use on the ARs? Any worries about backing off?

Can't help you there, but if for no other reason than 'looking weird', the BA brake would be kind of odd on an AR (I suppose it would work just fine though).

Definitely keeping that one on the radar for this year Jake that looks great!

Anybody else got a lead on any Ramshot Magnum? Gettin a bit low and can't find it anywhere... HOT in Wenatchee had some awhile back but no more.

Mike

Definitely keeping that one on the radar for this year Jake that looks great!

Anybody else got a lead on any Ramshot Magnum? Gettin a bit low and can't find it anywhere... HOT in Wenatchee had some awhile back but no more.

Mike

I have 2lbs of Magnum that I got for a buddy but then he changed his mind. I'll let you have it for what I paid for it which is $22 per lb. If you know anyone near you coming to the UNSC match Saturday I can give it to them. Let me know.

I have 2lbs of Magnum that I got for a buddy but then he changed his mind. I'll let you have it for what I paid for it which is $22 per lb. If you know anyone near you coming to the UNSC match Saturday I can give it to them. Let me know.

Where are you located? Where's the match at? I'll definitely take the powder... thanks man just gotta figure out how to get it to Wenatchee.

Mike

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Im in Olympia and the match is in Eatonville.

Anyone going to the UNSC match this weekend live or go near Wenatchee that can deliver powder to Mike?

Kevin, if someone from the dry side isn't there, I might be going out there next week, was there last week. I figure I could find someone to drop it off to for Mike.

Kevin, if someone from the dry side isn't there, I might be going out there next week, was there last week. I figure I could find someone to drop it off to for Mike.

I think we got it figured out Marty, thanks. If the plan falls thru I'll get with you.

Hey glad to see you make it over here, keep watching this thread for matches being posted. Great group of guys here, and if they welcome you in like they did me you will have a great time and they will help you spend all your money!

Wanted to check-in now that I'm back from the Eastern Front. Lots of great guys still down range putting it on the line everyday - I miss them but its good to be home. Hows everyone else doing?

Wanted to check-in now that I'm back from the Eastern Front. Lots of great guys still down range putting it on the line everyday - I miss them but its good to be home. Hows everyone else doing?

Welcome home, been home about 6 weeks my self just havent had time to relax yet because of work. Should be getting a lay off soon which should free up some time to go out and do some shooting finally. You pick up your 300wm yet?

Welcome home, been home about 6 weeks my self just havent had time to relax yet because of work. Should be getting a lay off soon which should free up some time to go out and do some shooting finally. You pick up your 300wm yet?

A few months back I decided to order a Manners T4-A. It should be in production as we speak and delivered this month! Shopping for optics right now. Can is still waiting for the tax stamp.

checking in,,, deer hunting around the corner, end of summer chores to do, :) another tax stamp to be sent off next month, :( turn 45 next month, 300wm should be back soon, cerekoted cz 453 also (can't wait to see it in dark bronze & should hold off the rust that seems to only like that rifle soooo much) & winter free time to do sub sonic load development.

checking in,,, deer hunting around the corner, end of summer chores to do, :) another tax stamp to be sent off next month, :( turn 45 next month, 300wm should be back soon, cerekoted cz 453 also (can't wait to see it in dark bronze & should hold off the rust that seems to only like that rifle soooo much) & winter free time to do sub sonic load development.

Wish I was only 45 next month. Turned 47 yesterday, & don't have money for a suppressor. But I am hoping for a stupid deer, & elk to walk into my field of view this year. Leaving on the 10th...

Sellers be advised... Warhammer72 is NOT gtg. The guy said he was going to buy my Borka set off of me almost a month ago back on the 29th. I pm'd him a couple weeks ago telling him I still hadn't received any money and his response "...temporarily assigned out of state, you should get in the next couple of days." and here it is 2 weeks later still with nothing. I held off since he's a local here in Washington, but my patience has run thin with people who commit to something and then don't follow through. If anyone is interested in a Borka MG9 kit let me know.

Nick be kind, sometimes shit happens, put me down for the kit if he doesn't get back to you soon. Jeff, Pat, 47 very soon, almost 30 years in this great country, but not happy were we are going sometimes. Waiting on a stamp for my mk12 been five months, hopefully soon. Just bought my tags heading to the in laws new place for hunting season, its up in Carl and Brents part of the state, its going to be a lot of fun anyways. Hope everyone is doing well and we will see you all soon.

If any of you guys are looking for an Atlas BT10-lw17 bipod, bt-13qk monopod, or the bt17 rail w/ the bt1517 fastener kit let me know. I have them sitting here ready to be sold :)

It's nice to see a little activity here in SHWW. Where has the damn summer gone? At least I got a little overtime to pay for a couple shoots next spring. Hard to believe that general rifle seasons are just around the corner. Good Luck hunters. I'm hoping to score on a bull elk in NE WA state, just need to figger out which rifle to take for a walk. It's been more than a couple years since I got one. Decisions, decisions. I've been hoarding my vacation time, and HAVE to take 150 hours off before Christmas. Life is tough eh. Woodshed is purdee full, and the "no longer stray dog" and I are getting along just fine. Damn, guess I'm an tired old SOB, looking at some of you that have birthdays coming up.:rolleyes: Marty, if you get in the neighborhood, give me a jingle, and I'll buy you a burger or something.

Hey Guys,
OK, I am building a super awesome Barricade/shoothouse. IT IS HUGE! and heavy......

I need some help. Here are a couple pictures to get you an idea of what I am doing.

***I need help figuring out what shoot holes/ports, and where to put them on this thing. On the entire unit, I would like to have at least 12-15 places to shoot from. I also have a tire I can use so I would like to get that in there somewhere. Standard car tire

If it would be possible, can you draw out something on paper, take a picture of it, and post it back so I can look at it. I would love your ideas.

Looking at the back of the unit, I am going to put a staircase going up the left side to the first platform. Then, going to the second level, I will put another staircase on the right side of the first platform. And the entire front is one solid sheet of wood, so nothing is open yet.

We used only the best wood possible, everything is Pressure treated wood, and used Stainless Steel bolts with high quality coated decking screws.
The unit is 12 feet wide, 10 feet tall, and 6 feet deep, But I am only using 4 feet deep with the platform. so it is BIG. platforms are 2x8 with 3/4" decking

What you guys think?

Thanks for all the help, I am sure some of you will be shooting off this at the next JC Steel Target challenge, so I thought it would be cool to get your input.

Take care

Jake

WELDING MY FRAME TOGETHER OUT OF STEEL TUBE

2edb80n.jpg

ALL WELDED, AND PAINTED BLACK

sqm3o9.jpg

GOT 1/4" STEEL TABS TO BOLT WOOD TO

574as.jpg

LOOKING AT THE BACK OF THE SHOOTHOUSE, FIRST LEVEL IS 12 FEET LONG, 4 FEET DEEP, SECOND PLATFORM IS 6 FEET LONG, 4 FEET DEEP

jzxa9.jpg

THIS IS THE FRONT, IT IS NOW ALL COMPLETELY COVERED

2d27pu9.jpg

THIS PICTURE GIVES YOU AND IDEA OF THE FIRST AND SECOND LEVELS

ALSO YOU CAN SEE THAT BELOW THE FIRST PLATFORM, THERE IS A SWEET SPOT TO CREATE A (DOGHOUSE) LIKE SHOOTING AREA, OR ANYTHING REALLY
2a6jggz.jpg

That looks really good Jake! that's quite a structure. I have a few ideas drawing off of areas I have had difficulties with in the past, I like a challenge. Openings high left and high right against the wall in the lower (1st) level to force a shooter to engage weak side. A few spring loaded windows or openings would be pretty diabolical and would add a level of frustration (hooking on rifle/bipod). A opening with a heavy sloping bottom to require you to support the forend of the rifle with your offhand. If you planed on closing off the top, you could put a trap door you would need to throw open and engage a target with the rifle resting on the very top of the structure, a rope would assist you to close it for the next shooter to come through.

I'd put a fog machine in there just to make it a challenge to navigate your way around.... :)

Kirk R

PA010658_zpsb9c9c969.jpg

Last edited:
Fog machine is for captinkirk only. Dog house the middle platform über the top and make sow awkward height hole on the middle forcing a kneeling hight or a bent over stand.

That is going to be an awesome prop. Obviously, it will take a fork lift or something like that to get it into it's position. I suspect that once placed, it will be pretty much a permanent prop. A prop like that provides fertile ground for someone with a good imagination to torture the best of shooters.

That is going to be an awesome prop. Obviously, it will take a fork lift or something like that to get it into it's position. I suspect that once placed, it will be pretty much a permanent prop. A prop like that provides fertile ground for someone with a good imagination to torture the best of shooters.

And allow to be added on to.

Any one know where I can get my paws on some h1000 I have a 300win coming out of the shop soon, and powder is the last thing I need to make ammo for it.

Any one know where I can get my paws on some h1000 I have a 300win coming out of the shop soon, and powder is the last thing I need to make ammo for it.

Have you tried three forks in cle Elum? I'm not sure if they have anything but worth the call.

How are you going to move that? Max height for a truck and it's load on the road is 13 feet, 6 inches. Anything higher requires permits, guide cars, etc. If you've got this figured out, ignore what I've said.

Have you tried three forks in cle Elum? I'm not sure if they have anything but worth the call.

3forks is good people, I am local to them. Hodgon powder has been hit or miss with them as it usually doesnt make it to the shelfs for the popular stuff. They do have a assortment of accurate, norma and IMR powders however.

JCwarrior87- You did however have excellent timing with your post. I stopped in today, and luck will have it they had one lb of h1000 that was hiding in the corner in a box unspoken for. It will be waiting for you with your rifle when you pick it up from JD, heading down there tomorrow to harass JD.

** SPF to UNKNOWN *** I know a few of you use H4350 also , so i grabbed x2 1lbs that i saw on the shelf local for one of you mugs. no markup on my end $29 - or i can us some Reloader 15, will be at NCWGC Saturday playing. ph:509-670-5923

Last edited:
That looks really good Jake! that's quite a structure. I have a few ideas drawing off of areas I have had difficulties with in the past, I like a challenge. Openings high left and high right against the wall in the lower (1st) level to force a shooter to engage weak side. A few spring loaded windows or openings would be pretty diabolical and would add a level of frustration (hooking on rifle/bipod). A opening with a heavy sloping bottom to require you to support the forend of the rifle with your offhand. If you planed on closing off the top, you could put a trap door you would need to throw open and engage a target with the rifle resting on the very top of the structure, a rope would assist you to close it for the next shooter to come through.

I'd put a fog machine in there just to make it a challenge to navigate your way around.... :)

Kirk R

PA010658_zpsb9c9c969.jpg

Will the Mission Impossible theme music be playing

** looks like KevinD is able to pick up this weekend***

Anybody local (Cashmere-Wenatchee) heading over to the next match - need send H4350 to UNKNOWN

Last edited:
I need some help. I am working on a PD rifle that got some BAD ammo. I was thinking a sako extractor install would be enough but the bolt nose is cracked. I am looking for a factory Remington bolt (308 family)to replace it with. Have you or some one you know replaced their bolt with a PTG?

Just a heads up, Adventure Sports in Lynnwood had a decent amount of H4350 and H1000 today (friday), I picked up 5lbs of H4350 and 3lbs of H1000 and they said they had 10 or so of each.

On a different note, I am looking for Federal 210M primers, 1K. I have 2K of Fed small rifle and 2K small pistol if anyone wants to swap for 210Ms, or I have cash of course.

Kirk R

I hope the rifle deer hunters in the group notched their tags this weekend. I saw a couple of smallish 3pt mule deer, but my distance from the vehicle, weather, yada, yada,(cheery disposition;) ) helped me with the decision to not trip the trigger. Too fookn warm,& I think I got a little sunburnt yesterday afternoon.

I'm hoping to test out the 208 Amaxes on game at distance, or a coyote if the opportunity arises.

Kirk how much was the powder-30/lb out the door?

Dibbs, just got back last night from the in laws new place, lots of deer including some small bucks, but I didn't pull the trigger. Well go back out there for the late November hunt and try my hand again.

Dibbs, just got back last night from the in laws new place, lots of deer including some small bucks, but I didn't pull the trigger. Well go back out there for the late November hunt and try my hand again.

Marty you will love the late WT season, particularly the last 4 days or so. Usually the rut peaks a few days AFTER the season closes, but it's a lot of fun! Hell I'd even drive north a little ways to buy you that burger or an adult beverage;). I'll pm you my phone numbers if you don't have them. Too warm to hang a deer right now anyways, unless you have a walk in cooler!