• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Just an update on the Feb 8-9 Vantage match, the longest stage will be around 1100 yds and I still have plenty of openings! I will keep taking guys till we hit 30 shooters. This time I'm gonna set the COF up differently so we shouldn't have any waiting between stations... Famous last words! :)
There will be a prize table again and I'm working on getting sponsors. The prizes will be distributed the same as the last match, 1st-5th and then random draw. I like doing it that way as then everyone has a chance to get something. I'm only gonna have weak hand on the tire, but it will be unsupported by anything other than the tire and your 2 feet! I'm gonna do a rapid movement stage but I think you will be shooting from barricades then moving to an advantageous shooting position to hit the next target. The cal limit will again be 300 wm.
questions/concerns just let me know!
Chris

How many openings do you have left?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Hello all! New-ish to the forum, been lurking around for a while, and just found this thread! I'm in Longview WA, and would love to get more involved in local (relatively speaking!) shooting events... I've been a gun nut my whole life, really into reloading... only a couple years into the whole precision rifle scene though.
Right now I've got a 308 pretty well dialed in w/a 168g bthp load, and I'm just finishing load development on my 338 LM.
If your feb 8-9 vantage match if noob friendly I wouldn't mind tagging along... but it sounds like I'm not equipped very well for that match. I think I read 300 WM max cal, so I couldn't use my 338 LM, and my 308 goes transonic around 1250 yards so at 1100 its pretty much falling out of the air lol unless vantage has a bunch more elevation than Longview =P

Welcome aboard Yukon, If I were you I would jump head first into the match with your 308. Most likely the majority of the shots will be under 1k. From experience I can tell you that my first match went horrible lol...I placed last...BUT I had a frigging blast doing it. I learned what I could do, where my weak points were in my setup and what I needed to do to get better.

Welcome yukon. YES go to the Vantage match. No you won't suck. Ask questions before and after stages to help figure things out. Nice folks around here who like to help. We were all new once, and some of us still are. The area in Frenchman's Coulee where the match has taken place is about 1250' ASL.

Hey YukonRob, welcome to the wetside!
Most the stages will be mid range 300-800yds. All the shooters are great and you can get a ton of info. Just stay away from seattle cops in woobies :p
Hope to see you out on the line!
Chris

Hello all! New-ish to the forum, been lurking around for a while, and just found this thread! I'm in Longview WA, and would love to get more involved in local (relatively speaking!) shooting events... I've been a gun nut my whole life, really into reloading... only a couple years into the whole precision rifle scene though.
Right now I've got a 308 pretty well dialed in w/a 168g bthp load, and I'm just finishing load development on my 338 LM.
If your feb 8-9 vantage match if noob friendly I wouldn't mind tagging along... but it sounds like I'm not equipped very well for that match. I think I read 300 WM max cal, so I couldn't use my 338 LM, and my 308 goes transonic around 1250 yards so at 1100 its pretty much falling out of the air lol unless vantage has a bunch more elevation than Longview =P

You won't be the only newbie. I'm pretty sure I'm going and it will be my first match as well. I'm shooting a 308 too. Looking forward to it

sent from my POS phone

Howdy Y'all! Im fairly new to the area, moved up here a bit ago from Amarillo. I was supposed to be at the USPSA area match the weekend of May 17th, I didnt make the cut off, so I think I will join you and shoot my first rifle match. It's something I have been meaning to do and the timing couldnt be better.
See you on the field,
Keith

Wakey Wakey...No Hangover for me this morning!;) I shot this not too long after daylight this morning, what a great way to start the new year off. I guess I forgot breathe...squeeze, more like coyote stopped, crosshairs on shoulder, YANK!!!! It spun around a few times, did the wahtusi, and only went about 30 yards after the shot. Now an eagle is having a New Years Day feast. I tried calling in another spot and was unsuccessful. 6x47 Lapua 41.3 H4350/ w 105 Amax opens em up perty good @ 360 yards. A little better expansion than with the Berger 105 hunting VLD. Similar results with the Amax on the last one I got.

Last edited:
Wakey Wakey...No Hangover for me this morning!;) I shot this not too long after daylight this morning, what a great way to start the new year off. I guess I forgot breathe...squeeze, more like coyote stopped, crosshairs on shoulder, YANK!!!! It only went about 30 yards after the shot, and now an eagle is having a New Years feast. I tried calling in another spot and was unsuccessful. 6x47 Lapua 41.3 H4350/105 Amax opens em up perty good @ 360 yards. Similar results on the last one I got.

NewYearsPresent_zps75217ca1.jpg
Was that in the Spokane area or over in Omak?

Vodka Oyster Shooters, delicious and pies, pizza pies for youse who have never lived on the Atlantic side. Heck Alan, in laws liked it so much up there, they bought a small farm out by Addy, 20 miles away.

I just checked the link with multiple devices. Phone, iPad and PC... All worked. The link at the moment shows you the store at IMT.com At Noon, January 5th 2014 the site will not only show the current items listed on our store but also, the availability of registering for the shoot. You will not be able to see the link until it goes live for sign in.

I hope this helps.

Thank you

Vodka Oyster Shooters, delicious and pies, pizza pies for youse who have never lived on the Atlantic side. Heck Alan, in laws liked it so much up there, they bought a small farm out by Addy, 20 miles away.

Looks like i will need to be-friend your in laws and start hauling some steel up there! Its an awesome place to shoot! :)

At last years steel challenge, I used around 180rds, a little off-hand, the boat stage, movers at 400+ and 800+, KYL at 500 or thereabouts, lots of challenging positional shooting, tripod helps, being smarter about what your doing is even better. A little ranging, shooting across canyons were the wind is in a flux, did I mention the mover at 400 had a hostage, command fire. I think every year I attend Carl has made the course more fun and challenging, there's always new wrinkles to face. But its also for an excellent cause, that needs to be supported.

Looks like i will need to be-friend your in laws and start hauling some steel up there! Its an awesome place to shoot! :)

Alan, I would be happy to store some of your steel for you, and I'll do my best to keep any rust from building up. I'm just a little ways south of Marty's in-laws. I'm not too far from from
Loonie Lake...perhaps there's a reason I live in this named locale. :eek:

There will not be a Findlay Cup this year. However we will be putting on an old school match on 4-12-14.
An overview:
This will be a one day, NO frills 3-gun event.
I'm limiting this to 21 shooters.
1- handgun ~ 150 rounds. 1- carbine ~ 100 rounds. 1- precision rifle ~ 50 rounds.
I'll send out a detailed COF in about one week, upon receiving your email address.
Entry fee will be ~ $85.00.
Cash pay out to top 3, no prize table but if I get donations, I'll start at the bottom and work up with those.
If you are interested send me a PM with your email address.

Registration for the February UNSC match is full now. I have locked the sheet so that I am the only one who can edit it.

If you would like to be added to the wait list please let Unknown or myself know and I will add you.

If you have signed up and decide that you cannot make it to the match for any reason please let one of us know immediately. There are already people on the wait list who want to shoot.

If you have a reserved spot for the match and you do not show up without letting us know ahead of time you will not get a spot at the following months match.

Any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Greetings fellow Washingtonians.

I finally got off my ass and joined after years of lurking. I have shot with some of you before in the NCW Gun Club monthly matches and last year's Findlay Cup (boonie hat, Washington Biathlon shirt/jacket).

My winters are mostly taken up by biathlon. Unfortunately we have races the same days as the Vantage Match, or I would be going. For more info and race schedules check out the link in my sig.

Hope to see you out there,
-Chris Fletcher

Welcome Chris! Hope to see you at a shoot this spring. I drove the truck Taxi last year at the Findlay Cup.

Hey Chris good ta see you here, one more Cashmere boy in the house!
see ya at the biathlon races my 10yo has started this year!
Travis

Hey Chris good ta see you here, one more Cashmere boy in the house!
see ya at the biathlon races my 10yo has started this year!
Travis

Good to hear, we are always looking for new members.

If you can make it to the Methow for the Feb 8-9 races, they have a large kids group for your son to race with.

Couple of tips:

Feel free to ask any of us for help.

Be prepared for all weather conditions. We don't cancel races just because the weather sucks, although if it doesn't start snowing soon next weekend might be iffy.

Yep, She is actually on the team up there.
Hope to have her up at Stevens next weekend, right now it's all about making it fun and enjoyable. I hope then to have her hooked!
T

Is there a SHEW Group? Any matches/ clubs on the Eastern side of the state?

Thanks

Vince

Sent from my mind via apathy.

Somehow this thread became the SHW thread; there isn't a separate one for EW. Most/all of the NCW shooting is at NCW Gun Club, the Vantage matches, Jake's Jubilee Youth Ranch match, and Carl's Camp Patriot match. Watch this thread.
And fill out your profile- where are you?

1911fan

Match info went out to those that sent an email address.
If you didn't receive the email or are interested in the match, PM me and I'll get the information out to you.
Match is a 3 gun precision rifle, carbine and handgun competition, in Wenatchee @ the NCW Gun Club 4-12-14.
Jim

Somehow this thread became the SHW thread; there isn't a separate one for EW. Most/all of the NCW shooting is at NCW Gun Club, the Vantage matches, Jake's Jubilee Youth Ranch match, and Carl's Camp Patriot match. Watch this thread.
And fill out your profile- where are you?

1911fan

Spokane, thanks. Not looking too good for the East side.

Actually I think the SHWW thread has evolved into the SHEW in the last couple years. There is now a Puget Sound Area thread now for the wetsiders. Some jump back, & forth, & are active in both, but I think that's how it is now. If what you are looking for is local area shoots other than the "big money" comps over there you may be out of luck. Or just do what I did years ago, & host one yourself. It's a lot of work, & fun for everyone, but the guy running it. At least in my experience that is.

Yep, She is actually on the team up there.
Hope to have her up at Stevens next weekend, right now it's all about making it fun and enjoyable. I hope then to have her hooked!
T

That's how it starts, soon you'll be waxing 30 pairs of skis every weekend! *Cough, Sean Kato, cough*

Seriously though, if you if you want to know everything there is to know about skis, ask him. :cool: