• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up SHWW Group

Tribe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2007
Wetside, WA
Fellas,

This thread was original started for Western Washington Shooters, to coordinate shoots. As coined by ranger1183: "Snipers Hide of Western Washington Group".

All Shooters are welcome here... if you hail from the "Dry Side", or any other state in the neighborhood, and know of any shoots on the horizon... PLEASE feel free to post-them-up here!

If you are reading this for the first time, just jump in at the end and say hello. There's no attitudes here... only shooters, lookin' for a place to happen! :rolleyes:

Shoot Straight! :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Josh1978
Re: SHWW Group

I will drop a post here as well I am here and I want to go toooooooooo! Finally a place where there are other forum members in the same state and in the same city!

Hey stansbrew... welcome aboard. I don't know if you are familiar with Cascade Rifle and Pistol Club in Ravensdale, but to date, that is the only rendezvous point we've put together... you have to be a member, unless it's a "public" day... or I believe you can come as a guest... check it out. Ideally though, the quest has been to find public lands relatively near by, that we can stretch it out a bit... 1,000 + ....??? You are welcome to join us any time, we can coordinate here. Unfortunately, I can't get out this weekend... but I'm there more weekends than not, and try to make it out during the week, when I can swing it...

Thanks Tribe, I am famikiar with that range , I am not a member but I will shoot anywhere..... he he. Love to join up with you guys and do some lead slingin'

Stan

Tribe, if we ever find 1k on public lands, I have a 12" gong and the 6" resetting target. You know how cool that resetting target is.
wink.gif

So, CRPC not this weekend, but the next?

Dude... I am so looking forward to setting up that gong somewhere!

Next weekend is GTG for me... SAT the 7th. We can figure on CRPC, unless a better opportunity pops up...
wink.gif

BTW, since I can't get down there this weekend, I'm gonna do my best to get by there sometime Friday... I can't commit to a time... but if anyone happens to be around...

Just a heads up... heading to CRPC tomorrow (Sat Feb.7), I'll get there around 11:00 if any of you guys want to hook up...

FWIW... I'm heading there this afternoon as well...

C

Sorry I couldn't make it. I had everything loaded up and ready to go, but I felt terrible this morning.

Oh well. Hope you guys had fun.

No worries... It was just me and the old man. Great day though... Tricky... tons of Mirage and wind shifts... much better than drizzle and wind shifts like yesterday
grin.gif

Still working on finding a spot in the great un-tamed...

Sounds like I still missed out on a good day of shooting. Well, at least I have ammo loaded up for next time.
smile.gif

Thanks for the great shooting yesterday! Only took me 8 hours to get back to spokane. At least no 360's on the way back. Gotta appreciate the little things in life, right?

BTW, I talked to God last night. He said those 5th round shot group fliers I was experiencing weren't my fault. He said to stand my ground and blame EVERYTHING except my shooting. He also said that most of those fliers were your fault anyway.

Found a very appropriate song about the "fun" parts of Ranger School. Brought back nightmares, I mean "fond memories"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENFQoBC-KvU

8hrs.... Daaayyymmmn... More snow?

Heh... Funny, I spoke to him too... He said you should just stop counting at ONE.
whistle.gif

BTW, I'd still appreciate it if you'd show me how to choke-out one of them Underwater Tigers!

Dude... as always, good times. Thanks for breaking out the Gun Scrubber and talking Pop's off the ledge...
eek.gif

You know I'm down there every weekend... and if you get any bright ideas on your end, let me know, and I'll plan on it.

Hey! If anyone out there wants to postpone laying out the backdrop for their rifle's next big photo shoot, and actually come out to shoot the thing
laugh.gif
... I'll be out at CRPC tomorrow (Sun), and I think another Hide guy or two may be showing up as well...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey! If anyone out there wants to postpone laying out the backdrop for their rifle's next big photo shoot, and actually come out to shoot the thing
laugh.gif
</div></div>

You talking to me ....!?

Jense_Precision_260_Remington_Tactical_03_BIG-965x796.jpg

cool.gif

Hehe... I know for a fact, that you will likely end up breaking that thing, tearing it apart, rebuild it into something else... take some more pictures of it... break it again... etc... before you ever manage to get a slick new paint job put to it...

...Of course, you know you're going to have to leave it with me long enough to get one of dem cool guy paint jobs... muhahaha...
shocked.gif

BTW... Todays range report for all of those who didn't make it out... which of course was... EVERYBODY (but Pop's)... Beautiful Day for Shooting! Low to mid 30's, Snow, Heavy Rain, Sleet & Yes, Hail... even a bit O' lightning... all with light gusts of 3 to 20+ mph!
eek.gif
Needless to say, we gained a great deal of experience in the art of 'foul weather target posting techniques'! ...must be all that global warming.

For anyone interested... there has been some rumblings of some Hide guys showing up at CRPC Sunday (3/22)... I'll be there - probably show up around 9:30-10:00 or so...

I'll probably be down there around 10:30-11:00am.

I'll have the badger in 6.5x47 and hopefully try out my .260 barrel too.

Hey longeyes,

You are totally welcome as a guest, so long as you are shooting on the same range as your host... I'll pm you with my phone #.

Also, FWIW... I just checked the calendar, and it looks like there might be quite a bit o' crap going on out there this weekend... It's been a rare day indeed, that I've found it to actually be crowded... but, it kinda sucks when it is...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey longeyes,

You are totally welcome as a guest, so long as you are shooting on the same range as your host... I'll pm you with my phone #.

Also, FWIW... I just checked the calendar, and it looks like there might be quite a bit o' crap going on out there this weekend... It's been a rare day indeed, that I've found it to actually be crowded... but, it kinda sucks when it is... </div></div>

Tribe, you're such a tease! Let me guess, trying to get everyone together when Hi-Power is shooting and has taken over God know's how much of the Range? Now there's a rock solid plan!
laugh.gif
Of course, picking the one weekend that I <span style="font-weight: bold">can't</span> be there is so like you!
mad.gif
You're just jealous of my rifle and are dieing to trade that old used GAP for it, aren't you!
wink.gif

For all you others, yes I'm just joshing Tribe. He's 110% GTG. If nothing else, just get together with him for whatever shooting you can squeeze out and pick his brains on reloading info. He also knows a thing or two about what equipment to get the first time, especially scope and rifles.

You guys have fun! (BTW - Aren't there any women shooters that can meet up with SHWW group?)

Heh... make sure you eat a big breakfast if you're planning on picking any sustenance from this brain!
laugh.gif

Yeah, looks like there's a Hi-Power deal, a shotgun deal... and given the timing, most likely some sort of mountain-man convention, complete with covered wagons and axe throwing contests... ...the axe throwing might be kinda cool...
wink.gif

Come to think of it... the mountain-men may have a Sasquatch in tow that might suit you... I'll keep an eye out!
laugh.gif

Ok, looks like I'll be there around 10:00 hope to see folks there. I'll call Tribe when I get there

Hey man... I didn't get your message til late... talk to you in the morning.

Tribe and company, Had a blast today, thanks for the invite. Met some great guys learned lots and got to shoot my new stick. Hard to top a day like that

Yeah,

What a great way to spend a day! It warms my heart to see the arsenal a handful of free men - Hide guys - can bring to bare! Sweet turn out - 6 dudes... Lurkers included
wink.gif
... If anybody ever has any grand ideas for a shoot, toss 'em in the ring... otherwise, I'll just keep posting CRPC dates for anyone interested.

Ranger... missed ya' today... but no Sasquatch sightings... maybe next time
laugh.gif

Besides the flat on my way home, I had a great time. I wish I could have shot some better groups with the Badger. I've got to get out and shoot some more.

After you guys left, we took the 10/22 out to 200yds. That was fun.
laugh.gif

Hey guys, Justin will be here on the 28th what's the chance of getting together on the 29th?

Flat! Doh! That truly sucks!
sick.gif
That stick of yours rocks by the way... how many rounds do you even have down the tube... that things a laser beam, you'll have it rung out in no time. Hell, weren't you shooting about 1/2 MOA anyway?
crazy.gif

longeyes... I do believe Sunday should work perfect for me... I'll plan on it, and let you know if anything comes up... please keep me posted if your plans change, I'd love to meet Justin.

I was planning on going this Sunday too. I just got some small rifle magnum primers that I need to try.

Where you finding primers? Any Large Primers - CCI BR2 that you know of?

Well, one guy on the hide posted that he found some and sold me 200. He's going to used them to load AR-15. (I'm not sure how that will work.) Recently I did a powder valley order with Kombar and got some standard CCI Large Rifle primers. 2k I think. They had BR2's at the time. Just keep an eye on them.

nice to see some washington shooters, i am new to the long range thing but on the bright side i have a good place to shoot to at least 1000yds as long as you don't mind shooting prone. mind you its all the way in moses lake.

diggler44 - Yes!... I can't speak for everyone, but I for one am in... and I'm pretty dern sure I could at least twist ranger1183's arm...
wink.gif

Guys, I'm still GTG for CRPC Sunday... longeyes, pm me if you need my # again.

The plans are still to be there, Justin gets in tonight and is looking forward to some range time for relaxation. Tribe, what time you figure you'll be there?

9:30-10:00... no worries if you want to show up later, just buzz me when you get there
wink.gif

Anybody in good with the almighty, could use your prayers right now, between airline screw-ups and weather,Justin might be stuck in Minneapolis overnight, his connecting flight might leaving before he gets there. So hopefully everything will mesh. otherwise he will be meeting us at the range tomorrow.

Hopefully once I get a rifle again and get back everyone will still be getting together and shooting. I would definatly like to learn a thing or three from you guys.

rdgshooter! Any time man... just let us know when you're up for it.

Good shoot today! ...Salmonaxe, do a fly-bye next time... I'm likely there somewhere.. I can't believe we were all out there the whole frickin' day, one berm apart!
laugh.gif

longeyes... please tell Justin it was a privilege to meet him, and we'd love to have him out again... we gotta' get you guys out on the six
grin.gif

ranger... as always...
cool.gif

Tribe Im always up for it. I just dont have a rifle right now I broke rule number one shortly after me and my wife got married in 07. I sold it to pay bills and havent had the funds to replace it yet. Itll probably be like a year and half till I get to meet up with you guys. Once I get back from overseas and have my new rifle. Thank you for the invite though. I think it was in the PA thread about possibly collecting money to make targets let me know and Ill donate what I can.

Oh man. I wish I had known you were there.

There was this range nazi who got on my case, because I forgot to have my action open when going cold. I was pretty dismissive, because he was acting so over the top about it. ...Turned out to be the President of the club.
frown.gif

Other than that I had fun. Put an Aimpoint on my Stealth hunter and shot it at 60yds on pistol range.

The badger is still consistently shooting 3/4MOA (Extreme spread) at 200yds. I swear I'm pulling my shots. I think I'm going to put my SN3 on it.

Small Rifle Magnum Primers work great. They give me about 30ft/s velocity increase.

Kombar and I doubled up our chronographs which are the same Competition Electronics ProChronos. His was consistently 20ft/s faster than mine. Still it was cool they gave very consistent readings, just 20ft/s difference.

Doh! rdg... dude I think I can safely speak for all of us... keep your money for your new stick... we'll figure out the target stuff easy enough... Stay safe, and stay in touch
wink.gif

Salmon... things seem to have gotten a bit more regimented out there, and it seems to have 'coincidentally' coincided with the opening of the range to "public days"... lots of ricochet issues popping up. Probably best for member types to just keep our shit tight. It most definitely makes me nervous when I've got yahoos I don't know at my back during a cease fire... one brain-fart could ruin a lot more than a day... you gotta get that bolt open if someone called it cold... but yeah, Jerry can come off pretty gruff... however, I think he's been trying to squash a LOT of stupid shit lately...
eek.gif

Hell RedMan*... I have a hard time remembering to break out the camera on my kids birthdays!
laugh.gif

I think longeyes may have been sneaking around with a camera today... but I don't know what he was doing with it
wink.gif
. He BTW, claimed 6 inches of snow in his driveway this morning!