• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sierra 5th edition

Munson

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2011
Cypress, TX
Can anyone tell me if the Sierra 5th edition includes data for the 223 69gr SMK using H335 or 748. In looking at some of the reviews, one of the complaints was that it was very limited in its powder listings. I dont wanna spend the money on the book if it doesn't list the powders I use. Thanks in advance

Re: Sierra 5th edition

Yes, it has both those powders listed. For bolt and ar guns.

Might want to take reviews from those commentators with a grain of salt in the future. 16 different powders listed for the .223 69 gr SMK for both bolt guns and AR's. I love my Sierra manual. If only the others were as good...

Well that's why I came on here. Trust but verify, and
maybe less on the trust and more on the verify part. Thanks for the help gentleman.

Just to add, the only other regular loading manual with .223 Remington service rifle data is the Hornady manual. It has 9 powders listed with their 68 gr. bullet in .223 Remington. As said earlier, the Sierra manual has 16 powders listed for their 69 gr. bullet.

You should be happy with the Sierra manual. As for the reviews on the Sierra manual, some people would even complain if they were hanged with a new rope.