• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

SIG 556 - The Good The Bad And The Ugly

Tango_Bravo

Private
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2011
I have been doing a great deal of research on the SIG 556 weapons system, and would like to hear what impressions actual owners of this rifle have.

Please, no comments about what you have heard - only what you have seen or experienced.

Thanks,

DeltaSierra

Re: SIG 556 - The Good The Bad And The Ugly

fired one, liked it, but figered not worth the premium over an ar unless yer a rich guy or just prefer it.

I really like mine (an early model 556 SWAT). Initially it felt a bit front heavy; however, it balanced nicely at the range. Was 100% reliable, very accurate, and very fast.

They have come down in price A LOT. You can find very good deal on them these days (at not much more, if any, than a good AR).

Mine is the last of my .223s; however, I am selling it as I am getting out of that caliber all together. I liked it enough to hold on to it until I decided to drop .223 from my collection.

If you get the chance to try one out, I think you will like. If you are looking to buy one, you could take your luck on a new one at their current low prices, or look for an older one before any reports of problems. Either way-good luck.

Don't know why everyone bitches about the price, you can pick them up for less than a lot of Ar Frankenguns now.Have seen several used but mint condition ones lately selling for around 900.00-1,100.00 . A couple even were with extras. I am about to add another one to the collection .I currently own 2 variations of them and am pleased with both. The sbr is extemely quick handling and accurate. It really shines with the AWC Raider attached. The first one I picked up a Classic model after a change of buttstocks and addition of a Troy Battlerail is one of my favorite go to weapons in 5.56.I don't know where everyone gets their bitches about them from . To me they posess the best attributes of two prominant assault systems of the last several decades. With both Ak and Ar systems rolled into one refined system.My only gripe with them is a lack of aftermarket parts and the high cost of factory accessories.I would love to find someone to make me a 6.8spc barrel and bolthead conversion or a 7.62x39.That would be the ticket!If you haven't tried or own one I would suggest them. They are more reliable than 75% of the Ar's being put out now until you get up into the Noveske's and LWRC's.

i always wanted a sig 550 but it will never happen because of the import ban. Now the sig 556 is the closest thing to the 550 I will ever get. I purchased on of the first 300 released at shotshow. It didn't disappoint at all. Nice trigger for a battle type rifle, acccuracy adequate because it isn't a benchrest, match or precision rifle but I can hit everything i aim at all the way to 400 yds (so far)clean or dirty all day everyday under any condition. A little on the hefty side but it is the softest recoiling semi auto 223 I own and last but not least it fits me perfectly.
All the accesories i need are mags and ammo so no problem there.
hope this helps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downrange1x</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't know why everyone bitches about the price, you can pick them up for less than a lot of Ar Frankenguns now.Have seen several used but mint condition ones lately selling for around 900.00-1,100.00 . A couple even were with extras. I am about to add another one to the collection .I currently own 2 variations of them and am pleased with both. The sbr is extemely quick handling and accurate. It really shines with the AWC Raider attached. The first one I picked up a Classic model after a change of buttstocks and addition of a Troy Battlerail is one of my favorite go to weapons in 5.56.I don't know where everyone gets their bitches about them from . To me they posess the best attributes of two prominant assault systems of the last several decades. With both Ak and Ar systems rolled into one refined system.My only gripe with them is a lack of aftermarket parts and the high cost of factory accessories.I would love to find someone to make me a 6.8spc barrel and bolthead conversion or a 7.62x39.That would be the ticket!If you haven't tried or own one I would suggest them. They are more reliable than 75% of the Ar's being put out now until you get up into the Noveske's and LWRC's. </div></div>
Here's one 6.8 sig-
6.8 sig

I have two 556 pistols, two 556 SWATs, and a DMR. Specifically what would you like to know? I love my 556s...all of them, but for totally different reasons. As a whole, they are all <span style="text-decoration: underline">extremely</span> reliable. Accuracy is fair to middling, around 2.0 MOA for the SWATs, depending on the ammo. SMK 69 and 77s seem to run well. Accuracy with the DMR is definitely sub-MOA and despite the 1 in 10" twist, it also handles 69 through 77 gr rounds quite well.

I think one major contribution to the ~ 2.0MOA accuracy with the SWATs is the triggers, which could be LOTS better (very long pull, ~8.0 lbs). The DMR is slightly better at ~6.0 lbs.

Unless you're thinking about a Patrol version, most find the 556 to be quite front heavy, and generally heavier overall than many ARs. There are some tricks you can do to lessen that a bit, but there's a limit to how much the front heaviness can be minimized in the Classic or Classic SWAT. Personally I like the weight/distribution, the SWATs feel very "solid" to me.

Aftermarket hardware.........well that's about all there is to say about that (ie. little to none). Overall, they're not for everyone. I love mine but if you're used to ARs, they will take some adjustment. They're dead nuts reliable and cleaning is a snap due to the piston system. Don't really know what else I can add, but if you have any specific questions, I'll be happy to try and answer them if I can.

I have a very early production model with the flip up irons, runs flawless with any ammo I run through it.

I own the Swat model special edition.
*As reliable as a great Ak (Because that's the heart of the system)
*A touch heavier than an AR
*The trigger is good but long on travel and a little strong.
But when running thru multiple targets it works well.
It cannot compare to a 4.5 lb Timney on my POF.
*magazine release is a touch farther forward than an AR platform but I have found that it is easier to NOT accidently release your mag when you don't want it to.
*The follow-up shot and consecutive shots with this rifle are easier to make with this rifle because it cycles so smoothly and a little more heft keep it on target easier.
* If I had to pick one rifle in 5.56 to go into battle with, it would be this one.
*If I had to hike up a mountain with it and then fight a battle, I might pick a lighter AR.. Hahahaha
She's a bullet proof rifle that won't leave you stranded and it doesn't care what kind of ammo you feed it.
Accuracy is on par with any standard AR with same length barrel. I hit whatever I aim at just like I do with any AR and it's as smooth as butter on engaging the next target.
.......SmokeRolls
Here it is
2010JanJenscamera625.jpg

2010JanJenscamera622.jpg

Excellent weapon if you aren't looking for sub MOA accuracy. Have a used SWAT and have never had a malfunction. I would trust my life to it.

I bought mine for $1,500 around two years ago. I was happy to get it. They have just lowered the price to about $1,000 new. The fit and finish is poor in some ways. The amount of wiggle between the upper and lower receiver is considerable. I used a very thin washer and accu wedge to fix that. I also installed a ACE fixed stock and original 550 hand guards. I had to insert a nylon zip tie to front of the hand guard to minimize the wiggle. I use a leupold 1.5-5 mark4 on Precision reflex low rings. This made charging the weapon difficult as the original handle was placed so it would clear the folding stock. My weapon has a fixed stock and I replaced my handle with a aftermarket one that gives much better clearance from the optics. I also ground off the lug on the hand guard as it was no longer needed. I removed the front sight and bayonet lug as I have no flash highder on my NJ model. Together I have $2,700 invested witch I will never get back out of it. Accuracy is 6 inch at 300yd with 55gr FMJ PMC. I have used 69gr GMM and had similar groups. I would say that the reason you would buy this gun from Sig is its reliability. Sig will back the rifle 100%. I have used the rifle in snow and mud with 0 malfunctions. I have a early receiver with the larger trigger area. When wearing gloves it is very nice.

They are hit and miss as far a quality and accuracy is concerned. Some are excellent in both respaects some are not. Mine, an early one with Swiss internals is relialble and well made but will only shoot 1-1.5" groups with 52 grain SMK's. Heavier bullets run closer to 3". My buddies (also an early one) will shoot 1.5 " groups all day with 69 and 77 grain FGMM.

SIG is only for the rich and shooting helpless... i.e. the Saudis (indigenous people of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia - which holds 20% of worlds oil reserves and one of the wealthiest in the world) love their SIGs... I think that definitely proves my point....

I had the 556 Patrol carbine.It was one of the most reliable semi auto's I've had the privilege of owning.Perfectly balanced!With a quick trigger adjustment the trigger wasn't too bad at all.Mine shot 1.5 MOA with match ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Decider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SIG is only for the rich and shooting helpless... i.e. the Saudis (indigenous people of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia - which holds 20% of worlds oil reserves and one of the wealthiest in the world) love their SIGs... I think that definitely proves my point.... </div></div>
Are you on crack?
.....SmokeRolls

I have the SIG DMR. I paid a little over 1200 for it, they go for about 1500 normally. Decent weapon. For the same price, you can probably get a more accurate AR, like a national match model. It's a different system. I have probably 500 rounds through it with little to no maintenance. Overall, I am happy with the purchase, but I am definitely a bigger fan of my LMT MWS.

I wasn't a big fan of the SWAT model, I thought it was too front heavy, hard to move alright.

I have an early 556. As stated above, it is reliable and accurate. It is heavier than an AR of comparable length. This can be a detriment for carry weight; but an advantage for weapon mass/follow-up shots.

The only thing that irritates me is the balance. Mine is nose heavy. I went to a heavier Mag-pul stock just to even out the balance, although I hate to add to overall weight.

Overall, I like it.

The swat is MUCH more front heavy than the holo or classic models. If you want something for carrying you may want the patrol version of the swat as it is much better balanced than the standard swat. It isn't that bad, but it can become a pain after firing for extended periods without support. I love mine though. If you don't care about rails go with the classic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Decider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SIG is only for the rich and shooting helpless... i.e. the Saudis (indigenous people of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia - which holds 20% of worlds oil reserves and one of the wealthiest in the world) love their SIGs... I think that definitely proves my point.... </div></div>

I'm not rich and certainly not helpless, where does that staement come from????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Santo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Decider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SIG is only for the rich and shooting helpless... i.e. the Saudis (indigenous people of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia - which holds 20% of worlds oil reserves and one of the wealthiest in the world) love their SIGs... I think that definitely proves my point.... </div></div>

I'm not rich and certainly not helpless, where does that staement come from???? </div></div>
I think he is a crack head with a statement like that.
Hahahahahaha!
.....SmokeRolls

I like the 556 but the hole "hit and miss" is a concern. If Sig brought back the 550/551 series with san mags I would had bought one by now.

I have the Patrol Swat model and love it. With the short gas system its about a half pound lighter than the standard one. I've done some mods to it. Turned it into a 6 position gas system with CORRECTLY sized ports.

A standard one will throw brass 30+ feet. Mines tuned to 12 feet. Also it doesn't damage the brass at all anymore.

I put a stark grip on it (dremel, marine tex, sanding, paint),eliminated the stock rattle (cut up stock crappy rail covers and placed pieces in the stock post) Adjusted the trigger so it breaks immediately after you hit the false second stage. It has a levang compensator(quieter for the shooter), afg-1, topped with a burris XTR 1-4 and Fastfire.

All the little nearly free mods really made it feel a lot nicer. The rattle-y stock really puts people off. Their QC is spotty but they are great rifles.

Oh and here's some pics... These are the only ones I have with all the current upgrades.

Here is an HDR pic my friend made
164185_10150118188436518_631796517_7615922_8349038_n.jpg

Target Practice
Siggy.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crowmosly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the Patrol Swat model and love it. With the short gas system its about a half pound lighter than the standard one. I've done some mods to it. Turned it into a 6 position gas system with CORRECTLY sized ports.

A standard one will throw brass 30+ feet. Mines tuned to 12 feet. Also it doesn't damage the brass at all anymore.

I put a stark grip on it (dremel, marine tex, sanding, paint),eliminated the stock rattle (cut up stock crappy rail covers and placed pieces in the stock post) Adjusted the trigger so it breaks immediately after you hit the false second stage. It has a levang compensator(quieter for the shooter), afg-1, topped with a burris XTR 1-4 and Fastfire.

All the little nearly free mods really made it feel a lot nicer. The rattle-y stock really puts people off. Their QC is spotty but they are great rifles.</div></div>
Nice work.
I like that grip.
.....SmokeRolls

We used SIG 552P Commandos on a job in the MEAO in the 2005/06 timeframe. Perhaps we got a bad run but there were some very common problems across the entire lot:

1. The piston guide rods would snap
2. The buffer plates would break off where the piston guide rod attached, or simply crack.
3. The cocking handles were attached to the bolt carrier by a spring-loaded lever in a detent. The number of cocking handles which came flying off during sustained fire was extraordinary.
4. The flip-up sights were utter shit. They weren't even in the shadow of the diopter/drum sights fitted on some other Ps or 556s.

We jury rigged a fix by knocking up rubber buffer plates to 'buffer the buffer plate' and spot welded around the buffer plate/guide rod joins. The rubber buffer seemed to stop the short piston system from beating itself to death.

If you were right-handed, doing a speed reload with the reaction (left) hand and running the cocking handle quickly was a guarantee of sliced knuckles as they hit the side of any rail mounted optic, particularly the EOTechs in common use at the time. Gloves were mandatory. Some guys ghetto-rigged longer cocking handles

I'm sure other models probably don't have the same problems but you wouldn't want to bet your life on it without some thorough testing. In our case, most guys reverted to the use of M4s,FALs,or AKs. Me included.

Yeah you guys must have had a bad run... I have done a ton of research on the 556 and 550 and I have never heard of a piston rod breaking and the charging handle flying off... Not even once... I would guess one of the issues is with the port sizing of the gas system.

The closer the gas block gets to the receiver the smaller the port needs to be... As far as I know, all models have the same ports...Which is stupid...That's why I changed mine. It will most likely last longer now.

The problem with the factory 55x and old style 556 charging handle cutting people is common. The 556 now comes with a straight charging handle and you can get one that is bent downward(kz and griffin). I have the straight one and haven't had an issue.

I do have one question... What buffer plate are you talking about? The only part in mine that could be considered a buffer plat is at the end of the lower, and its steel.

Owned one of the early SWAT models for a few months back in 08. Solid gun. Heavy. Ran a Trijicon reflex sight on it. Was nice not to have the "twang" of the AR when firing it. The iron sights on that model sucked. If I got another one, I'd probably get the Patrol SWAT model due to the lighter/shorter rail.

I picked one up new a couple of months ago at a local store for around $900. Ran 400 rounds through it without a hiccup. Heavier than an AR. Sure. Really going to carry it all day....I doubt it- but I have always been willing to trade a little weight for reliability if that is the trade. Sling it right and it's a non-issue. There just are not alot of things that can go wrong with this system. It uses everyones common AR mags and feeds perfectly. Metal/Plastic it doesn't care. The trigger pull is a touch long but very smooth. About the only aftermarket part that I need is a longer/different charging handle and that already exists. This is an impressive weapon for the money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crowmosly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah you guys must have had a bad run... I have done a ton of research on the 556 and 550 and I have never heard of a piston rod breaking and the charging handle flying off... Not even once... I would guess one of the issues is with the port sizing of the gas system.

The closer the gas block gets to the receiver the smaller the port needs to be... As far as I know, all models have the same ports...Which is stupid...That's why I changed mine. It will most likely last longer now.

The problem with the factory 55x and old style 556 charging handle cutting people is common. The 556 now comes with a straight charging handle and you can get one that is bent downward(kz and griffin). I have the straight one and haven't had an issue.

I do have one question... What buffer plate are you talking about? The only part in mine that could be considered a buffer plat is at the end of the lower, and its steel.
</div></div>

I think we're talking about the same thing. The 'buffer plate'I'm talking about was attached to the end of the piston rod and resided in the lower (by fading memory). I can't recall whether the ones in ours were steel but they were definitely metal. We'd glue rubber to these to buffer the recoil impulse, which cut down on rods snapping at the 'buffer plate' join, or hairline cracks developing at the same point. There may well have been a gas port size issue but we had no way of fixing that where we were...

I recently purchased a Sig 556 classic and put some Aurora Sights on it and was very pleased with the rifle. It came with a red dot and a butt spacer for length of pull. It is lighter than my recent Bushy ACR ( terrible rifle IMO by comparison. Trigger wis nice and the rifle is easy to sustain multiple shots at a time with. I had no problem holding a 1.5-2" group with iron sights and a bag at 100 yrds.

David at Shark Suppressors is also a fan of this rifle and has an SBR version that is sweet. If you plan to SBR get the pistol classic, if not go with the full size swat or regular classic.

Cant go wrong with the classic. Very reliable weapon. I have owned two.

Crowmosly: did you modify the grip somehow? Put tape on it? That was one problem I had with the grip... you couldn't really get aftermarket ones for it at the time. Yours looks a bit different than mine did.

Just read the post before that picture. Disregard my last question. Nice rifle.

Yeah, I gotcha It's the plate in the back of the lower...not attached to the piston rod though. Although part of the bolt carrier goes through it.

Oh and about the grip. Stark had a prototype at shotshow about two years ago. Looked sweet but they never released it. I emailed them about 6 months ago and asked them when they were going to release it. They said they were going to but didn't know when. I couldn't wait and modded my own. Took quite a bit of work. But it was worth it. The angle of the grip is lower than a standard AR grip, much more comfortable.

[/quote]

I think we're talking about the same thing. The 'buffer plate'I'm talking about was attached to the end of the piston rod and resided in the lower (by fading memory). I can't recall whether the ones in ours were steel but they were definitely metal. We'd glue rubber to these to buffer the recoil impulse, which cut down on rods snapping at the 'buffer plate' join, or hairline cracks developing at the same point. There may well have been a gas port size issue but we had no way of fixing that where we were...[/quote]

My bad - I looked up the exploded view at:

http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/CmsContent/documents/SG552-XView.pdf

It's the piston <span style="font-weight: bold">spring</span> guide rod - part # 263. It was this that used to break or snap off at the junction with the plate that it fastened to at the back. The plate was what we glued the rubber to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crowmosly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, I gotcha It's the plate in the back of the lower...not attached to the piston rod though. Although part of the bolt carrier goes through it.

</div></div>

Lol... Thats why I couldn't figure out which part you were talking about. That part doesn't exist in the 556 or the 550. Now it makes sense. Kewl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crowmosly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lol... Thats why I couldn't figure out which part you were talking about. <span style="font-weight: bold">That part doesn't exist in the 556 or the 550</span>. Now it makes sense. Kewl </div></div>

Probably why they're more reliable
wink.gif

Here's my SIG 556:

IMG_1041e2.jpg

IMG_1042e2.jpg

The only upgrades on it are a w/Griffin latch, which makes it much easier to charge the rifle if you have an optic on it. It has a NF 2.5-10x24 ZS, NF 30mm rings, Magpul PRS stock and of course, a new paint scheme.

I actually like the trigger on it. I don't know which version this is, or if it is a stock trigger, but the pull seems to be pretty light on it. I've never measured the accuracy, but it's close to that of my other AR's or I wouldn't have wasted my money with the NF optic on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtb33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's my SIG 556:

IMG_1041e2.jpg

IMG_1042e2.jpg

The only upgrades on it are a w/Griffin latch, which makes it much easier to charge the rifle if you have an optic on it. It has a NF 2.5-10x24 ZS, NF 30mm rings, Magpul PRS stock and of course, a new paint scheme.

I actually like the trigger on it. I don't know which version this is, or if it is a stock trigger, but the pull seems to be pretty light on it. I've never measured the accuracy, but it's close to that of my other AR's or I wouldn't have wasted my money with the NF optic on it.</div></div>
Looks good, like the NF as well.
.....SmokeRolls

I love mine, even if it uses the .223 round, just needed a few mods, i.e. upgraded bolt handle, the angle makes all the difference, Eotech, and a few other small changes. Great working gun, never had a fail to fire. A little front heavy( as everyone says), but still easily maneuverable. If I had to get another 556 I would probably get another Sig.

funny cause I had a SWAT and traded it off just last week, heavy boat oar, and interestingly enough traded it to a derka derka Saudi for gold

I will be surprised if you last to make 20 posts. Thats only 2 more. Whatcha say?

If you have a recent Sig 556 with the folding stock, be aware that Sig purposely made the stock heavier to (somewhat) counterbalance the front heaviness. But it also increases the overall weight. I did away with that noise by putting on a Magpul MOE using the DDLES adapter system, getting rid of the front hooded sight (which is a pretty solid piece of metal to have all the way out near the end of the barrel) and rear diopter, and using Magpul MBUS front/rear sights. It lightened both my SWATs up considerably and they are also noticeably less front heavy.

Also, the difference in weight between the plastic "fishgill" and aluminum "Quadrail" guards is less than 4 oz. The Quadrail is not the main reason for the front heaviness, it has much more to do with the 556 being being a piston system with that heavy rod/piston head way out front, in addition to the gas block and valve. Personally, I like it a little front heavy and with the MBUS, it's just about perfect for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ryanjay11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Decider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SIG is only for the rich and shooting helpless... i.e. the Saudis (indigenous people of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia - which holds 20% of worlds oil reserves and one of the wealthiest in the world) love their SIGs... I think that definitely proves my point.... </div></div>

I will be surprised if you last to make 20 posts. Thats only 2 more. Whatcha say?</div></div>

? I will be surprised if you make it to 200 posts, thats 17 to go, get to it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ryanjay11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Decider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SIG is only for the rich and shooting helpless... i.e. the Saudis (indigenous people of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia - which holds 20% of worlds oil reserves and one of the wealthiest in the world) love their SIGs... I think that definitely proves my point.... </div></div>

I will be surprised if you last to make 20 posts. Thats only 2 more. Whatcha say?</div></div>

? I will be surprised if you make it to 200 posts, thats 17 to go, get to it! </div></div>

i will be surprised if i make it to 1300 posts...wait what?

First time poster here...

I recently bought a Sig 556 Patrol, and the only issue I have with it is when the gun heats up the upper hand-guard becomes more malleable and thus easier to remove. So don't white knuckle it too hard and she should stay put.

However I will say that not even the crappiest of Russian ammo could stop this thing from running.

I have a SIG-556 Classic.
With the Classic's plastic stock set up, it has a nice feel. Since I originally bought it, I've modified it a bit adding custom grip, quadrail, VFG, compensator and replacing iron sights with flip-up battle sights. This rifle is not as light as an AR, so the weight gain is considerably high specially towards the front.

This rifle has chewed up every type of surplus and non surplus ammo that I've thrown at it, without a hiccup including old comm bloc steel-lacquered ones. The trigger lacks positive attributes but like everything else it is just a matter of getting used to and aftermarket parts/mods are not as common as in the AR platforms. Accuracy for me is satisfactory but for some it is sub-standard.
This rifle is one of a dozen that I own and it is one of the tops in fun factor and reliability.

Just my $.02
Max

Hi there, Where did you get the parts or how did you make your 6 position gas port? I am really interested in this and how did you adjust your trigger? thanks allot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">fired one, liked it, but figered not worth the premium over an ar unless yer a rich guy or just prefer it. </div></div>

same boat i'm in, its nice knowing its a step out of the AR world but if you dont have the cash to spend i wouldnt bother throwing down the 1600 or so to get a 556 with a troy rail =]