• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Kilo 10k ABS

Ok, thank you. How do these compare out to ~2500? (I would be interested to hear about 1000, 1500, 2000, and 2500 on objects like trees and deer-sized as well).

With my 10K was able to range trees, cars, barns, cows RVs, and houses out to 2700 yards easily yesterday on a hot, windy, and hazy day in Texas. I could not hit anything on the ridge at 5000+ yards. One thing it did have problems with was a corrugated metal barn that was angled away from me at about 2000 yards. Structures with flat metal it worked fine.

In town, It worked out to 3600. Houses, sky scrapers, trucks, overpasses, etc.

Compass was about 5 degrees right of my map reading. But stayed consistent over the day.;

I did the ballistics on ELMS, ATIPS, and Barnes MB and it was spot on out to 800.

Reactions: JPaul
I just ranged a large metal light pole at 892 yards. I had to aim at the light cluster on the top to get a reading. It wouldn’t range just the pole.

I’m getting mine tomorrow. I’ll update how blue they are when I get my hands on it.

Mine just popped up after the update. I didn’t change any of the settings.

Received mine Friday. RMA and sent back today for the diopter issue reported by a few others.

LOL at Sig.... so many inconsistencies with the compass bearing on the main screen.

Additionally, the pixel errors are still present on the half horizontal milling grid.

Pixel errors?
PXL_20220417_050816826~2.jpg

With my 10K was able to range trees, cars, barns, cows RVs, and houses out to 2700 yards easily yesterday on a hot, windy, and hazy day in Texas. I could not hit anything on the ridge at 5000+ yards. One thing it did have problems with was a corrugated metal barn that was angled away from me at about 2000 yards. Structures with flat metal it worked fine.

In town, It worked out to 3600. Houses, sky scrapers, trucks, overpasses, etc.

Compass was about 5 degrees right of my map reading. But stayed consistent over the day.;

I did the ballistics on ELMS, ATIPS, and Barnes MB and it was spot on out to 800.
I have Sig 10ks, I just don’t have Leica Geovid Pros to compare with, which is why I’m looking for a comparison between the two ranging out to 2500.

Reactions: Oldloser
I know this has been said before. Sig had such a good opportunity to hit this outa the park. Good technology, abs, good price point etc. but what a flop for me. So close but the glass (blue) is horrible. If your just a comp guy they will work fine. But for me, as a guy who hunts a ton and values good glass in the western mtns they just won’t cut it. Honestly they are a joke. After 30 seconds behind them I knew they would never work for me. I will stick to my swaros and separate 2400 abs’s for now and probably pic up a revic this year. I really want to switch to an all in 1 unit and willing to make sacrifices. But no way will a go this far. My old 200$ leupys are better to look through.

That's where I'm stuck too with these. Love all the tech, but holy crap the glass is garbage. WTF Sig was thinking letting these things out on the market with sub par glass. The blue is really really bad. I have seen cheap 300 dollar binos with better glass. And now with some people have different features then others in the same product. I should have known better and never have bought optics from a company that made guns. I really wanted 1 piece for ranging and spotting, thought this was going to be the ticket. So torn on keeping these or selling it. Not so hot on the Leica Pros either since I will still have to spend another 150 on top of whatever they want to charge for the LRF binos. WTF.

Serious question, because the price on the 1535nm lasers has always baffled me, what do you gain (besides obvious laser power and range) with these type binos. I’m ignorant to a lot of it but have read about some are invisible to NV as well as triangulation of way points etc. Thanks for some education. 🍻

The power can’t be understated.

905nm lasers can damage eyes over a certain power. So they keep them around 10 watts.

1550nm lasers will not damage eyes at any power. So they have 100k watts.

That power combined with beam size is what gets you returns in any except the worst conditions and even then they will still hit closer targets.

I will never go back to a 905nm. The 1550nm are expensive, but the difference isn’t even on the same planet. Even for prs distances.

I wish the 1535 steiners had the SIG electronics integration - The Sig10k BD-X (External AB) connection works great.

Got mine in. Only looked through it for a little bit, but my first impression is it’s not as blue as the ones I’ve played with before. Of the 2 units that I have played with before, I noticed one was much more blue than the other. I’m guessing it’s poor QC with the coating on the lenses. I’ll play around with it some more when I get home from work, but I’m thinking this is gonna go up in the PX.

That is interesting. Where you able to look through them side or side or just going from memory. Only been able to look through 2 pair and they seemed about the same side by side
This is going off of memory, but it’s very vivid for me. I’m colorblind and have a hard time differentiating shades of color and it stood out to me like a sore thumb.

I received mine today and immediately put them on a tripod and started ranging stuff. I can easily hit 2500 in places where the Fury and Leica Pro simply don't want to range. It quite easily hits houses, trees, RVs, etc. out to 2700 which is the last closest before things are measured in many miles. There is a blue hue as expected. I'd initially chosen the Fury over the last rev Sig because of the blue. While it's obviously there it doesn't really cause me grief but I have ELs and the Leica Pro for real glassing. These will be used in matches and will work perfect for that. The extra touches for me are seeing the name of your profile when you range so know exactly which one you're using and that it shows both range and dope on the same screen darned near immediately. Perfect for NRL Hunter matches.

Reactions: Huskydriver
A70A86D6-D743-4B0A-B379-6557DE661B32.jpeg
B36BAEFE-EF78-4B3A-9F3E-45AE7B180816.jpeg
Just played around with it some more. Got to compare them to the swaro TAs. Obviously swaros are much nicer, but mine doesn’t have too bad of a blue tint.

I played with mine some more after work. Just resting the binos on the edge of the window on my truck I ranged houses in the low to mid 4ks. Trees In the mid 3ks. The ranging is super impressive. The blue is a bummer but resolution is pretty decent for the price and features. I’m planning on keeping them.

And I don’t have any weird reticle stuff on any of my reticles.

I played with mine some more after work. Just resting the binos on the edge of the window on my truck I ranged houses in the low to mid 4ks. Trees In the mid 3ks. The ranging is super impressive. The blue is a bummer but resolution is pretty decent for the price and features. I’m planning on keeping them.

And I don’t have any weird reticle stuff on any of my reticles.
Did you try the specific setting? Target reticle and horizontal milling only? It's reproducible on all the units I've encountered... Including a local demo model in a store.

My reticles are all clean. I have the latest update and it shows the compass heading in the HUD.

I played around with a color palette and ended up with #f3faff as the tint I see.

How are we putting the compass on the main screen after the update?
Here's a long shot theory... I updated my firmware, but also can't figure out how to get the compass on my main screen. I'm running Android on my phone. Are the folks that can get the compass on their main screen syncing with Apple phones?

Here's a long shot theory... I updated my firmware, but also can't figure out how to get the compass on my main screen. I'm running Android on my phone. Are the folks that can get the compass on their main screen syncing with Apple phones?
I have both iPhone and Android, no success.

Well I guess I get to eat crow. Mine has the defect on left side on half grid. Hopefully the picture works.

And I’m using an iPhone.

Attachments

• 61278612-EFD0-476E-A653-CFCEE0F40C03.jpeg
    61278612-EFD0-476E-A653-CFCEE0F40C03.jpeg
    432.8 KB · Views: 89
Next issue I’m having is my DA is always 9999. I live at 9000’ work at 10400’ and shot a match that was around 6500’

Each time DA is always 9999

So looking in my App the DA seems closer to what it probably should be. I don’t have my kestrel to compare too right now.

Attachments

• 4E24B403-9B66-4F6C-86C5-7DF8E551ADCC.png
    4E24B403-9B66-4F6C-86C5-7DF8E551ADCC.png
    387.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Sorry for the poor resolution but I added a cartoon drawing to help clarify what the pixels look like. 1/2 Grid (odd seemingly random pattern) and Full Grid (8) Center shape doesn’t seem to make a difference.
I use a new iPhone. I’ve sent these to a Sig rep and he should be getting back to me after while as he needs to ask some other folks there because he had no idea.
376DEC92-C028-430B-B799-839FA5E181BC.jpeg
19F1DCBC-7E6D-486F-BE70-12F86AE4D714.jpeg
5815357B-2AF4-4926-B095-EFEB5A76665A.jpeg

Last edited:
I spoke with SIG CS by the way, they say "there is no problem" with the horizontal milling grid. Unless there was a performance issue or technical issue, no reason to send them in. I also asked how to get the compass bearing on the HUD, they informed me that it doesn't exist but thanks for the suggestion and they will think about adding it later. 😆 What a joke... Standard CS experience from Sig. 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

• Wow
Reactions: CanisLupus
Next issue I’m having is my DA is always 9999. I live at 9000’ work at 10400’ and shot a match that was around 6500’

So looking in my App the DA seems closer to what it probably should be. I don’t have my kestrel to compare too right now.
Is your temperature correct? If not, that might explain it.

I spoke with SIG CS by the way, they say "there is no problem" with the horizontal milling grid. Unless there was a performance issue or technical issue, no reason to send them in. I also asked how to get the compass bearing on the HUD, they informed me that it doesn't exist but thanks for the suggestion and they will think about adding it later. 😆 What a joke... Standard CS experience from Sig. 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️
Yeah, some of the CS folks seem to just want to get you off the phone. I've gotten great CS on this latest contact, so it just depends on who you get that day. I'll check mine when they come back from them on Friday re: diopter, compass, and the grid defect. If I see the same, I'll also get pictures over to them like @db2000 did, since they can't argue with reality.

Reactions: db2000
Having an iPhone or android shouldn’t have no bearing on the software issue with the pixel defect.

I have seen this too. The DA 'maxes out' or some such , the actual DA that the binos report in the app is correct, so i think its a display issue. I use mine with a Tactix so I don't know if the ballistic solution is correct inside the binos, everything it sent to my watch was spot on and the dope from the system just worked.

That would make sense. I will try to do some more testing this weekend comparing to my kestrel and see what I get. Looking this morning the app does adjust compared to my home and work. Hopefully it’s just maxed out on the display.

So playing with my kestrel comparing to the kilos the kilos DA is around 200-300’ difference. This is looking in the app, the binos show 9999. So appears they are maxed out.

The temp in the kilos are about 5* higher than the kestrel. This was after 30-40 minutes sitting inside my house on the counter side by side.

So playing with my kestrel comparing to the kilos the kilos DA is around 200-300’ difference. This is looking in the app, the binos show 9999. So appears they are maxed out.

The temp in the kilos are about 5* higher than the kestrel. This was after 30-40 minutes sitting inside my house on the counter side by side.
Same experience mostly minus the 9999 display. Mine matches but I have to input the temp manually in the binos, otherwise it was off quite a bit. There were a lot of differing variables as I was in my truck as it was raining and cold outside, etc where the Kestrel was. When they are both in the same climate they seem to be within 200’ or so DA.

The temperature is going to throw off the DA. Mine arrive back at the house today and I’ll see how close they measure to my other temperature probes.