• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Kilo 10k ABS

Nothing I've seen, but it shouldn't be canted. Mine were not. I'd call Sig if I were you.
I think he’s talking about how the reticle isn’t designed to be level throughout the bino’s entire folding motion. If it’s anything like my Vortex Fury, for example, if your eyes are very far apart and the bino’s hinge opened to its max, the reticle might be canted one way. Same if the binos are fully collapsed, only the ret is now canted the other way.

It’s not like a canted ret in a riflescope. He wanted to open the binos to his ideal position and then manually adjust the cant to make the ret level.

I’m pretty sure this is not gonna happen with these cheaper consumer products.

Reactions: Huskydriver
I think he’s talking about how the reticle isn’t designed to be level throughout the bino’s entire folding motion. If it’s anything like my Vortex Fury, for example, if your eyes are very far apart and the bino’s hinge opened to its max, the reticle might be canted one way. Same if the binos are fully collapsed, only the ret is now canted the other way.

It’s not like a canted ret in a riflescope. He wanted to open the binos to his ideal position and then manually adjust the cant to make the ret level.

I’m pretty sure this is not gonna happen with these cheaper consumer products.
There’s no reason Sig couldn’t implement that in firmware, since it’s just an OLED display - rotating the output by X degrees would be extremely simple. Automatic adjustment would require hardware changes. Gotta let Sig know it’s a feature that’s desired; maybe they’ll implement it in the future - it doesn’t hurt to ask.

T
There’s no reason Sig couldn’t implement that in firmware, since it’s just an OLED display - rotating the output by X degrees would be extremely simple. Automatic adjustment would require hardware changes. Gotta let Sig know it’s a feature that’s desired; maybe they’ll implement it in the future - it doesn’t hurt to ask.
That would actually be pretty cool thing to do. Maybe a little tedious if multiple people share binos but cool nonetheless

That would actually be pretty cool thing to do. Maybe a little tedious if multiple people share binos but cool nonetheless
If someone is sharing my binoculars, they aren’t touching my settings. Can you imagine them tweaking diopters? They can get over it and deal with a slightly canted reticle.

I downloaded 13.087 today and the only thing I can see up front is they added a compass cal start option that wasn't there to force a cal. I still don't see an option to add the compass to the reticle/main view.

Mine is still not handing dof to the kestrel

I downloaded 13.087 today and the only thing I can see up front is they added a compass cal start option that wasn't there to force a cal. I still don't see an option to add the compass to the reticle/main view.

Mine is still not handing dof to the kestrel
I don’t use my Kestrel often but mine is pairing correctly with correct wind calls after I’ve captured the wind or leave it capturing in real time. This would make me think something isn’t right on the binos if everything else is transferring correctly. I’m just saying that because if I can get it working, I would suspect someone that likely has a lot more experience with the Kestrel is doing it correctly.
My DA matches Kestrel pretty close too IF I input the bino temp manually. Also matches my AB app on my phone but I guess that’s no surprise.
Also, shows “NE 51” or whatever the direction is in upper Lt corner now after update. I like this because I’m not proficient in the direction’s actual azimuth.

Last edited:
Ranging a white house easily to 3000y in light to mod rain and light fog on the “Best” target range mode. Actually can range the proximal house and the one behind it and get two readings that seem appropriate.
4A6C773A-804A-4F76-8132-56F6E8198237.jpeg

82D1E0E8-CE9B-49DE-958C-DD9116934380.jpeg

I don’t use my Kestrel often but mine is pairing correctly with correct wind calls after I’ve captured the wind or leave it capturing in real time. This would make me think something isn’t right on the binos if everything else is transferring correctly. I’m just saying that because if I can get it working, I would suspect someone that likely has a lot more experience with the Kestrel is doing it correctly.
My DA matches Kestrel pretty close too IF I input the bino temp manually. Also matches my AB app on my phone but I guess that’s no surprise.

Mine is handing everything but direction of fire to the kestrel. My temp onboard the sig is still not as accurate as the kestrel

Mine is handing everything but direction of fire to the kestrel. My temp onboard the sig is still not as accurate as the kestrel
Mine neither but haven’t tried a lot of different environments. I just input manually. I hope it tightens up.

Did the update to 13.087 and do not get a compass in the left corner.

Looked through all the settings, as well. Nada.

Screenshot_20220430-210941.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Huskydriver
Is there a possibility you have to change the wind from clock direction to degree in the kestrel?

My 10K is still running 13.083 firmware. It is paired to the app but doesn’t automatically update or provide the option to update. Is there a way to force the latest firmware update?

I carry my ballistic app on my phone. No issues! Buy once, cry once....after seeing all the negative feedback on the Kilo 10k, i got cold feet.

Same price, right? :ROFLMAO: How’s the ballistic engine in them?;)

On a serious note, how is the glass? I’ve not been a huge fan of Steiner glass the few times I’ve been exposed to it, but it’s a small sample size.
Glass is amazing like any fine German glass. Only played w them for 5 min out back but will get time this weekend to head out.

Glass is amazing like any fine German glass. Only played w them for 5 min out back but will get time this weekend to head out.
Cost-wise, that’s gotta be like holding a tiny AIAX in your hands…ow ow ow

Cost-wise, that’s gotta be like holding a tiny AIAX in your hands…ow ow ow
I think you mean AXSR. He's holding the $10k 1535nm version that doesn't give your position away to night vision :D

Also I would like to thank everyone in this thread who convinced me to wait for v2.

Serious question, because the price on the 1535nm lasers has always baffled me, what do you gain (besides obvious laser power and range) with these type binos. I’m ignorant to a lot of it but have read about some are invisible to NV as well as triangulation of way points etc. Thanks for some education. 🍻

Eliteuas should be able to answer your question, I grabbed this on a "to good a deal to pass up". I just wanted a top tier range finder. A few products came up short ranging in the past.

Last edited:
I think you mean AXSR. He's holding the $10k 1535nm version that doesn't give your position away to night vision :D
I dunno man, I see them for $7600 (bh emailed price) to $8500 (add to cart at another NY retailer), and AIAX’s are a bit over $7900…

List for those binos, yeah, $10k+

Reactions: wizardpc
If inquiring minds want to know, I paid 3k less than my AXSR I just picked up 3 months ago.

I haven't read anything on thread in awhile but how is the sig 10ks? I had them ordered forever and ended up canceling my order for a rifle scope instead.

Reactions: BCX
Blue tint w issues is all I keep seeing.. 😂

Reactions: Schw15
I haven't read anything on thread in awhile but how is the sig 10ks? I had them ordered forever and ended up canceling my order for a rifle scope instead.

Blue tint w issues is all I keep seeing.. 😂

Photos show the blue tint earlier in the thread, to determine if it’ll be an issue for you, and “issues” so far seem to be diopter adjustment (will report back once Sig returns mine), one person with some temperature sensor issues (which is what is throwing off the DA), and some random wants for software updates. They’re also sub-$2k USD (or were, not sure anymore) and have AB Elite built in. Only you can make the determination if the value is worth the price.

You could go spend thousands more and get those Steiners above, which may or may not range better (not see any A/B tests), and then carry around a Kestrel, as well, which you’ll have to manually enter your range/firing heading/declination/etc to in order to compute solutions. I suspect they don’t have the blue tint, though! Do they have the annoying CA that many other Steiner products have had? The few Steiner optics I’ve dealt with had worse CA than Vortex, and the optical quality was no better, either. So instead of a uniform blue tint, you’d have purple fuzzies on every edge.

You should go check out the new Leica Geovid 32s. They’re on my short-list to try out. I don’t like the display anywhere near as well as the Sigs, and I also am curious to see the real world ranging performance, because the Sigs blew away my Leica 2800.com. The Leica binoculars I’ve used (along with Zeiss and especially Swarovski) definitely have better glass, though, no question about it.

I actually just went back to the sig 3000 bdx. But I was curious since I waited for them and decided I didn't want to wait any longer haha but sounds like they are having issues I was afraid of that.

I looked back and seen that blue tint from glass. That would personally drive me crazy and don't think all that tech would change my mind. The 3000 bdx do the job decent enough great ranging glass is good enough but still have to input info in app for distance

Reactions: chiroz
I looked back and seen that blue tint from glass. That would personally drive me crazy and don't think all that tech would change my mind. The 3000 bdx do the job decent enough great ranging glass is good enough but still have to input info in app for distance

The 3000BDX have the same blue tint on the right side from my recollection.

Reactions: parshal
I have the Sig 10k the Lecia 8x Pro’s and the Swaro’s TA RF sitting on the table here in front of me just trying to decide which one or ones to keep.
Been playing with all for a few days just trying to get a overall opinion of strengths or pro’s vs cons.

10K would be no brainer except that blue is bothersome to me.
The intuitiveness of setup and the amazingly fast RF with the nice display and features make it hard to pass on for the price.

The Swaro’s are top dog on glass and I have had no issues with RF and Data on mine as I used them extensively since December. Just that big belly that makes them hard to pull from chest carrier and makes the ergonomics not the best and takes them down a notch or two along with the steep price.

I had pinned my hopes on the Lecia Pro’s to make my decision easy but no it can’t be that easy. Glass is quite good not a disappointment at all there.Ergonomics are good love the size and weight.
I am sure I will get used to the menu setup but it’s not nearly as easy as Sig but that’s probably on me as I had the 3000’s so was familiar.
The RF is not Slow but slower than either the Swaro or the 10k.
The blue tooth indicator is constantly flashing down in the corner which could be distracting but maybe something one gets used to.
You have to pay to have your AB work past 800 yds or something around that distance. That’s a disappointment as well. They cost almost as much as Swaro’s so why not add 20.00 and give me the whole package.

Decisions decisions........

I have the Sig 10k the Lecia 8x Pro’s and the Swaro’s TA RF sitting on the table here in front of me just trying to decide which one or ones to keep.
Been playing with all for a few days just trying to get a overall opinion of strengths or pro’s vs cons.

10K would be no brainer except that blue is bothersome to me.
The intuitiveness of setup and the amazingly fast RF with the nice display and features make it hard to pass on for the price.

The Swaro’s are top dog on glass and I have had no issues with RF and Data on mine as I used them extensively since December. Just that big belly that makes them hard to pull from chest carrier and makes the ergonomics not the best and takes them down a notch or two along with the steep price.

I had pinned my hopes on the Lecia Pro’s to make my decision easy but no it can’t be that easy. Glass is quite good not a disappointment at all there.Ergonomics are good love the size and weight.
I am sure I will get used to the menu setup but it’s not nearly as easy as Sig but that’s probably on me as I had the 3000’s so was familiar.
The RF is not Slow but slower than either the Swaro or the 10k.
The blue tooth indicator is constantly flashing down in the corner which could be distracting but maybe something one gets used to.
You have to pay to have your AB work past 800 yds or something around that distance. That’s a disappointment as well. They cost almost as much as Swaro’s so why not add 20.00 and give me the whole package.

Decisions decisions........
How’s ranging performance at longer distances between the Sig and Leica? That’s a big question mark for me.

Both were hitting a buzzard sitting on a tower at 1228 but that’s as far as I have had the Lecia. Will try to get some longer targets after work today.
The Sig is the best RF I have used ....better than the old Terrapin that I used several years ago.

Reactions: 260284 and ormandj
So with all this being said. Is it worth me upgrading from Kilo 3k's to 10k's? The blue tint I've seen in the photo's probably wouldnt bother me. And I have a Kestrel Sportsman upgraded to Elite so factor that in as well if I need to keep the Kestrel also.

So with all this being said. Is it worth me upgrading from Kilo 3k's to 10k's? The blue tint I've seen in the photo's probably wouldnt bother me. And I have a Kestrel Sportsman upgraded to Elite so factor that in as well if I need to keep the Kestrel also.
Do you notice a blue tint in the 3000?

Tint is there on the 3K's. I have not seen through the 10K's but my understanding is the glass is almost identical between the two. It does not make them unusable by any means. They are a decent bino but are not close to Leica's, Swaro's as far as optics.

Reactions: AK74U
You're referring to the right optic lens where the display is correct? Or both lenses?

Tint is there on the 3K's. I have not seen through the 10K's but my understanding is the glass is almost identical between the two. It does not make them unusable by any means. They are a decent bino but are not close to Leica's, Swaro's as far as optics.

I used the sig 10ks this weekend at an NRL hunter match. Prior to this I used the non mil Steiner 8x LRF Binos.

I don't notice the blue tint really. They ranged almost everything I aimed at.

The connection to my Garmin Tactix is the selling point, it is seamless and always just worked. The connectivity and reliability of the link was reported to be good (I was told the Leica and Steiner software won't pair with the Tactix). I would have held out for the Leica Pro's if the worked with the Garmin but all signs pointed to no. I can confirm, the sig10k works with the delta amazingly.

Except for one stage, where my garmin asked me if i wanted to pair with the RO's vectronix.

Reactions: Cjwise5
Here is a picture of the right lens without the display. Might see the blue in the upper part of the picture where the distant trees are. Lower is good to my eyes. Second picture was hard to keep the phone steady, but with a crooked display. I do see the blue area in the second photo. Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. Next time I'll bring my tripod for the binos and can better hold the phone. Would like a PhoneSkope for it but I know the phone is very new.

Do you notice a blue tint in the 3000?

Attachments

• 20220504_180400.jpg
    20220504_180400.jpg
    549.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 20220504_180507.jpg
    20220504_180507.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 99
Just goes to show everyone’s eyes are different. The 10ks I saw at a match had a lot of blue to me but others said it was just a light tint

Reactions: AK74U and b6graham
I have a little time (30 minutes) with the 10k’s and can confirm the blue tint is noticeable. that being said, the glass is pretty good and the rangefinder solutions populate a lot faster than the Vortex furys. I have been using Swaro SLC 15X’s for years now and just about everything pales in comparison to that glass, but the 10k’s are decent. Enough that I bought a set from a person here on the Hide and will most likely be selling my swaros and my terrapinX. I’ll be doing some videos on the sig 10k’s in the coming weeks.
I think that says a lot because I have historically hated all Sig glass. I would still never run one of their scopes, but these new binos are legit.

Great, and I like your channel also! Can't wait to see your review.

I have a little time (30 minutes) with the 10k’s and can confirm the blue tint is noticeable. that being said, the glass is pretty good and the rangefinder solutions populate a lot faster than the Vortex furys. I have been using Swaro SLC 15X’s for years now and just about everything pales in comparison to that glass, but the 10k’s are decent. Enough that I bought a set from a person here on the Hide and will most likely be selling my swaros and my terrapinX. I’ll be doing some videos on the sig 10k’s in the coming weeks.
I think that says a lot because I have historically hated all Sig glass. I would still never run one of their scopes, but these new binos are legit.

Reactions: Cjwise5
I live in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Everything is blue sometimes depending on the weather. I never really noticed it on the 3K and frankly it doesn’t bother me with the 10K, luckily because these binos are killer. This is through an iPhone 13 Pro not the binos. Like mentioned previously it was raining and fog and the binos were lightning fast to 3 km.
0012A1A0-06E1-44D3-8254-D0358E8DBCAE.jpeg
EA290131-7630-4E14-A90F-8D4614B6BD8D.jpeg

Reactions: AK74U