• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Kilo 10k ABS

Want the binos I like having 1 unit
I hear you, same here. Have to pay to play on this one, unfortunately. That said, I think you can probably swing a slightly better deal than the price points you mentioned if you call around. :)

One thing I’m curious about is it’s sensors
I bright sun are you going to get a correct temp reading?
The kestrel you definitely want to spin it and then lock it or it heats up in the sun and gives you shit elevations.

In the video the guy talks about retained velocity and I think that’s awesome for hunters
I’d love it if Time of flight was listed for my usage as that’s really helpful for spotting.

Last edited:
The kestrel you definitely want to spin it and then lock it or it heats up in the sun and gives you shit elevations.

In the video the guy talks about retained velocity and I think that’s awesome for hunters
I’d love it if Time of flight was listed for my usage as that’s really helpful for spotting.
It’s like the older version, it’s internal to the unit, so acclimation would take time (I think he said 12 minutes in the video). If you see my comment re: the video, you can manually set the temperature, which is the mode I’d be using. Same on the wind, they’ve made it relatively easy to set manually for both.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Wish they would come out with a 6k model. But at $1,800 to $1,900 not to bad. I have the 3000 model work good just glass isn't as great hopefully the 10k has better glass. I like the idea of having everything in one unit ballistic app wind ect. Very tempting

32 objective and AB ultralight though.

Reactions: ormandj

I don't use a AB kestrel I have a cheaper one that reads everything then a app on phone for drops. It would be very nice to have it all in one. But are they touchy I might be In 12 degrees or 90

I just saw in the video manual temp capability
I can work with that using my kestrel.
Waiting 12 minutes to get to temp? Nope.
but honestly I’m really not focused on the sensors or software for this unit.
I’m more focused on its ranging capability for the $$$

Last I talked to Sig end of this month was likely. They just started shipping 8Ks.

Very interesting review video posted on page 2. Seems like it has some sort of projected display so the glass/optical quality may be a significant trade off. Still, it seems like a very capable unit. Can't wait till more get into people's hands for review and testing!

Very interesting review video posted on page 2. Seems like it has some sort of projected display so the glass/optical quality may be a significant trade off. Still, it seems like a very capable unit. Can't wait till more get into people's hands for review and testing!
I really hope the glass is better than the sig 3000

Curious on the glass quality. If it’s a substantial upgrade it’s a no brainer

Curious on the glass quality. If it’s a substantial upgrade it’s a no brainer
I talked to Doug at camralandny today helping me with another issue but while I had him on phone I asked about these he said next month should be here and he hasn't seen one but didn't think the glass was going to be that much better.

I’ve used the Swaro stud for the 3000 on a outdoorsman adapter. Worked flawlessly.

Reactions: CSchol
I like this RRS Cinch-LR mount the best for binoculars - verses the center mounts that attach to a tripod - many of the center mounts break really easily (like when wind blows over your tripod and bincoulars)...

Not sure it it will work with the Sigs?

I like this RRS Cinch-LR mount the best for binoculars - verses the center mounts that attach to a tripod - many of the center mounts break really easily (like when wind blows over your tripod and bincoulars)...

Not sure it it will work with the Sigs?
Ya not quite enough room to make it work on my 3000’s.

Ya not quite enough room to make it work on my 3000’s. Still fits in the Sig case.
Fits perfectly on mine. I have the Elite aluminum version.
ECFE8651-81FC-46E5-B1B3-D57FADA8723F.jpeg

57088586-097A-4AD9-A234-BBBA53D5DF15.jpeg

Only thing I would like to see added would be getting coordinates like the terrapin without having to use another app. Glad it's basemap though I already use that

I don’t mind the external wind meter (in fact prefer it) I just don’t know how reliable that one is. The only thing negative I’ve read about the wind meter is issues with readings during no/low wind prior to a firmware update, which was released years back. I suppose time will tell! Hopefully Sig did thorough testing.

Worst case if it failed you could just use the phone and input the wind manually and sync it to the RF. I’m split on if I want to keep a Kestrel around with these. I’ll probably pack a spare CRF to keep at the base camp, but switch to phone for ballistics calculations if the k10k were to die. I guess I could always buy a spare wind sensor too but at a certain point it’s just being excessively over prepared.

If it's the weatherflow wind meter they're gtg I've got one and love it.

Only thing I would like to see added would be getting coordinates like the terrapin without having to use another app. Glad it's basemap though I already use that
The base map is something I need to look into more only thing I haven't seen on the new sig

I've been using it since this spring and I really like it. It's cheaper than most of the other scouting apps

RRS also suggested the cinch for 3000s when I spoke with them a few weeks back. I’m waiting on ordering one until I get the 10Ks in hand to verify the dimensions, just in case.

RRS also suggested the cinch for 3000s when I spoke with them a few weeks back. I’m waiting on ordering one until I get the 10Ks in hand to verify the dimensions, just in case.
Where did you order yours?

Liberty optics has them on the website now for a price you can't refuse. Make sure you add them to your cart. Scott said he's only got 20 to order.

Reactions: AK74U and Schw15
Mine still hasn’t shipped fwiw, and last I’ve heard end of October/early November are now expected. Seems the launch date keeps slipping. My order was in on 9/13, so it may be a while…

Mine still hasn’t shipped fwiw, and last I’ve heard end of October/early November are now expected. Seems the launch date keeps slipping. My order was in on 9/13, so it may be a while…
I was told more like Thanksgiving time on these now

That is a good price, got mine for $20 more.

Liberty optics has them on the website now for a price you can't refuse. Make sure you add them to your cart. Scott said he's only got 20 to order.

this is literally everyone in the manufacturing market right now. Stating one thing and then another thing happening. There’s nothing wrong with unforeseen circumstances; apparently it happens a lot so they say, but habitual over promises is getting rather annoying. But that’s just me venting.

Reactions: Lakotah
Looks like he took down the earlier version posted on the page prior. Thanks for posting the newer version, it’s significantly better and has a lot more useful info.

Reactions: AK74U
I received my 8K monocular yesterday from EuroOptic. So far living up to what is advertised, and I’m happy the solution is onboard. That said I did verify I can connect it to my Garmin 701 in external mode without a hitch. Hit 2500 yards hand held on a flat of oak trees below my position yesterday evening. I don’t view that as a real test yet, but it’s encouraging. BaseMap connection and use went exactly as instructed. Return is very quick. First impression is that it is a very nice unit. I am slightly tempted to grab a Terrapin-X to compare Just for fun, but I also prefer this smaller form factor for my bino harness. Cheers.

My 8k was waiting for me at the door this evening. Ranged a few trees and set it down. Started skimming through the manual and it does have the reticle alignment feature that some have asked about, but let me caution you, it’s for advanced users only, so I’m fucked. I would imagine the 10k will have it as well.
image.jpg

Last edited:
They need to post the PDF copies of them manuals for the new RFs. The 8Ks are in a few hands now, so no sense in keeping them hidden.

The process is easy, the manual wording just sucks. You tripod mount your RF and point it at a tiny target far away. You range, and if it doesn’t return the correct result for the target, you move it around until you determine where the laser actually is in relation to the reticle. You then adjust the positioning of the reticle. Once you aim at the tiny target with the reticle adjusted and get the return as expected, you’ve got it squared away. Anything with a sharp edge that’s far away will work reasonably well.

Last edited: