• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Kilo 10k ABS

"Why can't I see out of the left eyepiece??"

"It isn't actually a set of binoculars. Its a monocular with a 5000Farad capacitor on the other side. We just shaped them like binoculars so they would be easy to hold."

"How do we use this thing...."

"First plug it into your cigarette lighter....Its the 2AWG wire coming out of the capacitor.
Then power the unit on.
The cursor will flash while the supercapacitor is charging.
You will hear a humming noise as it comes up to maximum charge and the hair on your arms will stand up straight.

"Okay...sounds a bit freaky. I plugged it into the jeeps cigarette lighter socket."

"Turn the car on and let it run while the unit is charging to fire or else it'll run your battery dead. On smaller cars you may have to depress the gas pedal to bring the RPMS up to 2500. If the cigarette lighter fuse blows, put this 50 amp fuse in there."

"Okay...yeah, it blew it looks like. I changed the fuse. Why did my dashboard just quit working."

"Ignore that"

"How long does this usually take?"

"30 to 40 minutes."

"Jesus christ!"

"Okay - now point it at a target at least 5km away but closer than 100km. Its lethal below 5km. Now, call 611 and ask if there is a fire ban in place...."

"..."

They had the 10k to play with, they really are badass. They said the newer production 3k's have been having the same glass already.
What scope would you say the glass is comparable to? Is this Vortex Razor quality, or something better? Thank you for one of the first bits of feedback on this binocular. I think the only other complaint I’ve heard about the 3k, aside from glass quality/reticle divergence, was the diopter adjustment being easily dislodged. Did it seem fairly firm? We know the reticle adjustment feature is there now, which is great.

Reactions: Scobes
According to the sig reps at the nrl hunter match this past weekend, the 10ks are shipping this week.... Take that for what it's worth but that's what they said
i received an email from sig the other day asking if my problem i had with my 3000k's had been handled. I said yes, and asked when the 10k's would b released. He said pre orders were hoping to be shipped by the end of march. Then available to the public by the end of the second quarter

Reactions: Beardsli
What scope would you say the glass is comparable to? Is this Vortex Razor quality, or something better? Thank you for one of the first bits of feedback on this binocular. I think the only other complaint I’ve heard about the 3k, aside from glass quality/reticle divergence, was the diopter adjustment being easily dislodged. Did it seem fairly firm? We know the reticle adjustment feature is there now, which is great.
They fixed the diopter issue on later generations of the 3ks. Mine had no issues.

Reactions: ormandj
i received an email from sig the other day asking if my problem i had with my 3000k's had been handled. I said yes, and asked when the 10k's would b released. He said pre orders were hoping to be shipped by the end of march. Then available to the public by the end of the second quarter

Hopefully they can meet that goal.

Reactions: jinxx4ever
So shipping next week went to end of March. Phenomenal.
Why release sales for a product so early if you can’t deliver? Too bad we didn’t have any recourse for pre-paying. That would be over 6 months since some of us had purchased.

Why release sales for a product so early if you can’t deliver? Too bad we didn’t have any recourse for pre-paying. That would be over 6 months since some of us had purchased.
It's Sig. They are notorious for doing this. It's a big reason I paid a deposit and NOT pay in full.

I thought my pre-order was early at the beginning of September, people ordered these back in July? I agree, pre-paying in full for something like this is just giving someone a loan. In “normal times” it would be absurd, but with product availability issues, if you want something, you don’t have as many options.

Hopefully shipping next week is more accurate. Sig CS is notorious for not having good information on timelines.

Reactions: AK74U
As I mentioned before, Sig is at the mercy of the Chicom manufacturers. Nothing they can do about it, and it's a terrible position to be in. Same reason Fury AB's have been non existent for a while now as well.

Reactions: jinxx4ever
most everything missing off shelves, parts for cars, trucks, tractors, you name it,. is sitting in ships offshore

I get the supply issues, point is, don’t sell it if you don’t have it in hand. Sig isn’t at the mercy of Chico’s, it’s the consumers. Business as usual for them. They still sell product regardless if they have it in stock or not.
No different than my part time job, we still haven’t received prepaid orders from last year that the vendors can’t fill but they are trying to get us to purchase product for the 2022 season. They also have no idea when they can fulfill last years or this years orders. Excuse is, you better do it now cause it may not be there when you do try to.
Fee really sorry for he boss man who’s in that position trying to keep his business afloat.

I get the supply issues, point is, don’t sell it if you don’t have it in hand. Sig isn’t at the mercy of Chico’s, it’s the consumers. Business as usual for them. They still sell product regardless if they have it in stock or not.
No different than my part time job, we still haven’t received prepaid orders from last year that the vendors can’t fill but they are trying to get us to purchase product for the 2022 season. They also have no idea when they can fulfill last years or this years orders. Excuse is, you better do it now cause it may not be there when you do try to.
Fee really sorry for he boss man who’s in that position trying to keep his business afloat.
No doubt. Take a deposit maybe.

Reactions: Lakotah
Optics Planet is saying second week of February for shipping the binos, even confirmed with them over the phone, though I doubt the guy I talked to actually knows.
Them saying anything means you spoke to them, which means you made a mistake.

Reactions: kriller134
Heh, I'd trust a delivery date from Optics Planet long before I'd trust anything out of the mount of anyone from Sig. Their stated new products and delivery dates from SHOT show and NRA convention videos are a highlight reel of vaporware. MPX caliber exchange kits, 5 models of the P210 US model "on the market by end of 2017". The list goes on and on, P226 X5's made in the US, long action Cross. We're not talking from some rep either, this is from guys like their Senior Product Manager, and head of their Academy.

Poked my dealer and said to make sure my back-order was still active.

In the meantime, worth getting a Kilo5kHD and pairing it with a Garmin 701?

Seems like it would give me some capability, just in separate units.

Seems like a waste of money unless you need something 'now'. I'd just pick up something used to tool along with until these are in people's hands. I'm pretty sure some Kilo8Ks went out, so that might be an option, too - if you don't need binoculars.

FWIW - EuroOptic doesn't have an updated ETA from Sig.

$2000+ misses the mark for me I think, if I'm gonna spend that kinda cheese I'll buy a newer set of Leicas

Cost doesn't seem to matter anymore unfortunately, consumers are paying $5-30k over MSRP for vehicles right now, it just shows how stupid consumers as a whole are. FN is charging $2000 for a 6.5 barrel, doesn't even come with a bolt.

I mean let's face it when MDT is charging $600-$1000 for a bipod, and people are paying it, Sig probably thinks that selling a binocular laser rangefinder with ballistics, the ability to set GPS waypoints, and custom reticles is a steal.

I'll go Lecia Pro before this new Sig. The Sig is still a Chicom product, and if history is any indication sample variation, etc is going to be a factor. No thanks.

The thing that sucks with the Leica is they are still using the seven-segment display. I wouldn’t mind paying even more for the glass (even my 2800.com had pretty impressive glass) but the display on the Sig 10k really does knock it out of the park, instead of waiting on the various configured options to cycle. Maybe once they release the manual for the Leica Geovid 32 Pros we can see if it’s annoying to use or not.

Reactions: greybeard0058
I'd wait and sing the praised of the new Sig when you actually use it. My Sig3000 was so shoddily built it was pathetic, and the Sig CS rep said it was "within spec". I called BS.

I sold my Leicas because of the display. The interface wasn’t user friendly and the ballistic software was a joke. We bought a bunch of them for work and we though they were great until a software update put us into a bind. It’s wasn’t worth the 3k besides the glass. I was hoping the 10k’s would of been out by now since I put a order in back in November. If they aren’t out by the end February I’ll have to go another route.

Last edited:
My guess is the problem with many of these products, is they are designed with hunters in mind, not military or PRS type use. I know a lot of archers and hunters that own Leica's/Swarovski's and love them to death. They also never use the ballistics or advanced features, they never link to a kestrel, they don't even own one. They just want really good glass and it to throw up a range on the display, they don't even go through setting up the internal ballistics stuff. Not saying it's right but that's probably by far the largest purchaser base (and product feedback) these companies are playing to. It's why many of them now have the ability to put in a gps waypoint using the binos, purely so hunters can have an easier time finding game.

The one thing I will give Sig (and it's the only thing) is that they are willing to push new tech into their products faster than anyone else, well that and their marketing hype game is really good. The downside is their products have a lot of issues, and if you're going to offer all those extra features at a price below a "simple" set of Leica's quality and reliability have to suffer to keep the price down. It's the same with their BDX scopes, no one else I'm aware offers all those features without spending thousands, but I'm also not aware of a single person using one, and you hear almost nothing but bad about them from the few reviews you do find.

Are there any good alternatives to the 10k that are designed for PRS sort of activities in a combined unit?

I was looking at the Swaros as well, but they seem catered more towards hunters.

Are there any good alternatives to the 10k that are designed for PRS sort of activities in a combined unit?

I was looking at the Swaros as well, but they seem catered more towards hunters.
I don’t think there’s anything purpose-designed for PRS, but I’m also curious what that would entail. Don’t people do all the ranging/etc before shooting a stage in PRS?

Binoculars like these are super handy for field shooting where you need to range/shoot in short order, so having the information necessary computed and displayed rapidly matter a good bit. Spotting an elk on a ridge and needing to range/fire in short order means waiting around on a display cycling like the Geovid 32 Pro may mean a missed opportunity. Would that matter for PRS?

I think binoculars in general will probably be more advertised as focused on hunting/field style uses since they really add a ton of value (glassing/surveying is such an important aspect) in addition to just the range finding, but I suspect any of them will work well for PRS.

For PRS style I meant more along the ballistics software from what I was reading from CIB2007.

As for ranging, field shooting is generally the only thing available for me nearby, so it would be nice to have it all in one unit without switching. I haven't gone out since my last (dumb) LRF was stolen.

I can see why binos/range have more utility for hunters however.

The new Leica Geovid 32 Pros or the Sig should be a good fit. They both either can be upgraded to (Leica) or have (Sig 10k) AB Elite built-in. We don’t know the quality of glass on the Sig yet, but the Leica is probably going to be better. The Sig has a better beam divergence specification, and claims more range, and definitely has the better display with an OLED vs. the 7 segment display of the Leicas. Once we get an idea how the glass quality is on the Sig, you’ll be able to make a well-informed decision. I’m still waiting on my pre-order from September.

Last edited:
We are peanuts next to their Leo/mil contracts

Which is kinda worrying if the reason for the long wait on these products is due to waiting on outsourced offshore parts arriving (particularly if those parts are coming from China who have been getting more emboldened as time wears on......).

The new Leica Geovid 32 Pros or the Sig should be a good fit. They both either can be upgraded to (Leica) or have (Sig 10k) AB Elite built-in. We don’t know the quality of glass on the Sig yet, but the Leica is probably going to be better. The Sig has a better beam diversion specification, and claims more range, and definitely has the better display with an OLED vs. the 7 segment display of the Leicas. Once we get an idea how the glass quality is on the Sig, you’ll be able to make a well-informed decision. I’m still waiting on my pre-order from September.

This is what I'm thinking too.

I am looking at bino's (dont have any at present) and as I see it I have 3 options:

1) Buy dedicated bino's with good glass (ie Swaro's) & separate rangefinder / other devices (ie Kestrel etc). The bino's will be good for a long time and the other devices can be upgraded as technology progresses.

2) Buy the Leica Pro's. These seem like a good all round fit with pretty much everything I need in one package. Leica glass is typically up there, hopefully the rest of the package is good / features work well / easy to use.

3) Buy the SIG 10Ks. These seem like they have everything in a single package (like the Leica Pro's), glass is unknown at this point but the word is its been upgraded and the rangefinder is one of the best I have seen. From what I have read the SIG interface is pretty good (well thought out with good features)

This is what I'm thinking too.

I am looking at bino's (dont have any at present) and as I see it I have 3 options:

1) Buy dedicated bino's with good glass (ie Swaro's) & separate rangefinder / other devices (ie Kestrel etc). The bino's will be good for a long time and the other devices can be upgraded as technology progresses.

This was my plan originally. Might be easier if I grab an 8K and then some SLCs, I was just thinking I wouldn't have wanted to juggle 2-3 pieces of gear when I already have a yard sale.

The difference was I actually saw some 8Ks in stock a while ago so I know they're being made.

Someone screwed up and said the release date was Nov 2021…The actual release is supposed to be November 2022.

Someone screwed up and said the release date was Nov 2021…The actual release is supposed to be November 2022.
I know it’s a joke, but I can see it happening lol. If they don’t ship in the next two months or so, I’m gonna have to cancel my order and go to something else. Wanted a set of lrf binos for some trips I’ve got planned and these were it.

Reactions: Edgecrusher
I know it’s a joke, but I can see it happening lol. If they don’t ship in the next two months or so, I’m gonna have to cancel my order and go to something else. Wanted a set of lrf binos for some trips I’ve got planned and these were it.
I’d cancel these and buy the new Leica binoculars if they had updated to a better display and had longer ranging support. My major complaint with the old Leica RFs was the need for BT to tie a Kestrel to do ballistics with, so having the ability to upgrade those to AB Elite makes them just as capable as the Sig in computation.

That said, the display is awful compared to the OLED/amount of information on a single screen in the Sig 10ks, and it’ll be interesting to see how ranging differs, since the K10Ks have much less beam divergence. Glass quality is a big question mark for me right now, too - it’s almost assured the Leicas will be better, but I’m curious how much better. The only reason to get binocular RFs is if they can function as good binoculars for spotting/scanning, so we will see how the Sigs turn out once some “normal” people get them and can do legitimate reviews.

Reactions: Drbobinmo
I’d cancel these and buy the new Leica binoculars if they had updated to a better display and had longer ranging support. My major complaint with the old Leica RFs was the need for BT to tie a Kestrel to do ballistics with, so having the ability to upgrade those to AB Elite makes them just as capable as the Sig in computation.

That said, the display is awful compared to the OLED/amount of information on a single screen in the Sig 10ks, and it’ll be interesting to see how ranging differs, since the K10Ks have much less beam divergence. Glass quality is a big question mark for me right now, too - it’s almost assured the Leicas will be better, but I’m curious how much better. The only reason to get binocular RFs is if they can function as good binoculars for spotting/scanning, so we will see how the Sigs turn out once some “normal” people get them and can do legitimate reviews.
My thoughts exactly. Seems to check all the boxes in the best way minus glass quality which, like you said, is about definite it’s going to be worse than other options. Just a matter of how much worse

Per Sig customer service, “Our Kilo 10ks just started shipping”, sounds like maybe a few more weeks before they make their way through distributors and into consumer hands.

Scott at Liberty Optics says March is the rumor. Apparently distributors are getting hedged info also.

Reactions: ElMeheecan
Scott at Liberty Optics says March is the rumor. Apparently distributors are getting hedged info also.
I’ve been at this since middle of last year. All the distributors have been told various dates going back to last summer, multiple times. We will see when they show up. :)

Reactions: db2000
I talked to Sig optics today. They told me they have been shipping the 10k’s. Anybody else confirm this?