• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Kilo 10k ABS

It’s amazing how many people have the 10k’s on back order and Sig is not fulfilling the orders either through them directly or their distributors. Instead they are selling direct to the public. Let’s you know what Sig thinks of their customers and what their priority is.
How do you order from Sig direct? The site will direct you to a authorized dealer. @MTmils is getting upgraded from the Sig. If anything that's good customer service. I understand everyone and their moms have been waiting on one forever and Sig isn't the greatest company out there but I just don't see where they are skirting their preorders from vendors.

Reactions: MTmils
I’ve heard a couple comments that people have ordered directly. There was a guy at my LGS with one today that told me he ordered directly from Sig and got it in a week and a half. I can’t prove or disprove his comment but I do know he had one in his hand and that’s what he told me.
It was just coincidental that I put that post after MTmils post. I can see how it looked like I referenced his post but it wasn’t directed at him at all.

I got a ship notification from euro today. Tracking shows it arriving tomorrow. Ordered Sept 21st

I just got mine direct from Sig. I ordered as soon as I heard about them, so it was a long time ago.

This whole delay thing wasn’t on signals much as our government and the manf. Shipping delays.
Everytime I’ve called they seemed as frustrated as I was.
I think the binos are the best out there right now by far for a overall package.
The blue isn’t nearly as bad people compare and the glass is much closer to Ziess than tasco.
Think it’s a little dramatic
I never had my
Hopes up of getting swaro glass from sig..
I do think this product is everything I saw them advertising so far outside of the delay…
Which I get being a business owner having to explain delays to customers regularly due to people being incentivized to not work and be lazy and our government letting our ports get further behind than they have ever been…
I’m happy with the product no doubt I think they sell just fine.
I spoke with sig a month ago and they said they shipping as long as their parts came in on time all orders would be filled by end of April and seems like they are meeting that goal so far.
Placed my order end of November and got mine via eurooptic for a grand less than they are so I think they were a steal for 1400$
If inflation wasn’t out of of control prolly wouldn’t be pushing 2500$ a pair now..

This whole delay thing wasn’t on signals much as our government and the manf. Shipping delays.
Everytime I’ve called they seemed as frustrated as I was.
I think the binos are the best out there right now by far for a overall package.
The blue isn’t nearly as bad people compare and the glass is much closer to Ziess than tasco.
Think it’s a little dramatic
I never had my
Hopes up of getting swaro glass from sig..
I do think this product is everything I saw them advertising so far outside of the delay…
Which I get being a business owner having to explain delays to customers regularly due to people being incentivized to not work and be lazy and our government letting our ports get further behind than they have ever been…
I’m happy with the product no doubt I think they sell just fine.
I spoke with sig a month ago and they said they shipping as long as their parts came in on time all orders would be filled by end of April and seems like they are meeting that goal so far.
Placed my order end of November and got mine via eurooptic for a grand less than they are so I think they were a steal for 1400$
If inflation wasn’t out of of control prolly wouldn’t be pushing 2500$ a pair now..
EO had them at $1400 in Nov? You sure about that number?

Reactions: ChrisAU
Btap's report of "The blue isn’t nearly as bad people compare" is the first time I've read this from the 10 or so user reviews. Glass being no better than the 3000BDX is a deal killer for me.

EO had them at $1400 in Nov? You sure about that number?
Lowest I ever saw was 1599

Btap's report of "The blue isn’t nearly as bad people compare" is the first time I've read this from the 10 or so user reviews. Glass being no better than the 3000BDX is a deal killer for me.
It’s definitely significant but not a deal breaker for me by any means. I had wanted these primarily as a range finder and ballistics calculator with more mag than a monocular. If someone is looking at these primarily for glass quality, that happens to have a range finder, these probably aren’t the binos for them.

The blue tint is definitely noticeable but for me the laser makes up for what it’s lacking in glass.
It ranges very fast and so far I’ve been able to range a rock face at 9940yds, cattle 2100, and and coyote at 940 in the morning sun. My kilo 3000’s wouldn’t be able to do any of these.

Reactions: StrayDog
The blue tint is definitely noticeable but for me the laser makes up for what it’s lacking in glass.
It ranges very fast and so far I’ve been able to range a rock face at 9940yds, cattle 2100, and and coyote at 940 in the morning sun. My kilo 3000’s wouldn’t be able to do any of these.
I just received mine. Blue tint is there when looking around indoors at white/off-white walls, but much less noticeable in the field. It's still there, and definitely something I wish was different, but it is definitely not like looking through dark blue tinted sunglasses. Glass seems pretty decent, I'll get out there with some high end glass to compare later, but it certainly wasn't "bad". There is some CA, but it's not Khales bad. I also don't think it would interfere with anything you'd be doing with binoculars in the field at 10x.

Ranging is near instant, as are AB Elite solutions, and they are spot on with other AB Elite devices. Having velocity and energy at target instantly displayed is pretty nice. I was considering buying the Leica Geovid Pro 32s for the nicer glass, but after using these a little, I am going to have to give that more thought. They probably didn't move to the same type of display due to the downsides, such as tint, with the current technology, but boy - that data sure is nice to have all at once.

This is my "after 10 minutes out back looking into woods/at distant telephone polls" evaluation, so take it with a grain of salt.

PS - The Sig application is pretty easy to use. I was able to setup a new profile pretty easily.

[Edit: Here's a picture taken by my iPhone 11 Pro at 10x then digitally zoomed to 15x using Gimp, then the same phone at 1.5x (telephoto lens) through the _right_ lens of the binocular. You don't see the variation in color/distortion of the through-the-bino picture in reality, nor is the quality that bad, but the tint is pretty representative of what you see through the binoculars. Don't judge on the distortion and color stuff on the outside of the glass, such as the green tint in the upper left, that's just a function of taking a picture with a phone through the binocular. I also had to use 1.5x (resulting in a 15x magnification) on the iPhone to avoid just capturing the ocular lens, so another reason not to use it to judge the quality of the glass.

Just use it to compare the "blue" tint, specifically around the tree and the bottom shed. It 100% matches what I see with my eyes in difference, and I am viewing/editing on a fully calibrated/color-corrected monitor. I found the worst case scenario I had available re: visible blue tint, so this is what you can expect.]

sig10k-through-phone-cam.jpeg

Last edited:
I just received mine. Blue tint is there when looking around indoors at white/off-white walls, but much less noticeable in the field. It's still there, and definitely something I wish was different, but it is definitely not like looking through dark blue tinted sunglasses. Glass seems pretty decent, I'll get out there with some high end glass to compare later, but it certainly wasn't "bad". There is some CA, but it's not Khales bad. I also don't think it would interfere with anything you'd be doing with binoculars in the field at 10x.

Ranging is near instant, as are AB Elite solutions, and they are spot on with other AB Elite devices. Having velocity and energy at target instantly displayed is pretty nice. I was considering buying the Leica Geovid Pro 32s for the nicer glass, but after using these a little, I am going to have to give that more thought. They probably didn't move to the same type of display due to the downsides, such as tint, with the current technology, but boy - that data sure is nice to have all at once.

This is my "after 10 minutes out back looking into woods/at distant telephone polls" evaluation, so take it with a grain of salt.

PS - The Sig application is pretty easy to use. I was able to setup a new profile pretty easily.

[Edit: Here's a picture taken by my iPhone 11 Pro at 10x then digitally zoomed to 15x using Gimp, then the same phone at 1.5x (telephoto lens) through the _right_ lens of the binocular. You don't see the variation in color/distortion of the through-the-bino picture in reality, nor is the quality that bad, but the tint is pretty representative of what you see through the binoculars. Don't judge on the distortion and color stuff on the outside of the glass, such as the green tint in the upper left, that's just a function of taking a picture with a phone through the binocular. I also had to use 1.5x (resulting in a 15x magnification) on the iPhone to avoid just capturing the ocular lens, so another reason not to use it to judge the quality of the glass.

Just use it to compare the "blue" tint, specifically around the tree and the bottom shed. It 100% matches what I see with my eyes in difference, and I am viewing/editing on a fully calibrated/color-corrected monitor. I found the worst case scenario I had available re: visible blue tint, so this is what you can expect.]

View attachment 7845509
Great info. So it has AB elite. Does that mean it’s not limited on how far it will give you dope for? I know the 3k was 800 of you wanted father had to link a kestrel. Would be great to have one unit.

Great info. So it has AB elite. Does that mean it’s not limited on how far it will give you dope for? I know the 3k was 800 of you wanted father had to link a kestrel. Would be great to have one unit.
It is AB Elite, distance is not limited like the 3000. No need to link to Kestrel to get longer distance solutions.

Reactions: Greenwood187
I am new to this site. Just received my 10k today. Ordered on Europtic 11/25/21. I was mainly interested in the AB Elite in a binocular. Yes they have a blue tint to them. However, mine are stuck on a barometric pressure of 29.20. Today it was 29.95. I left them outside for 30 minutes, and the temperature updated. Barometer still says 29.20. Anybody else having this problem?

As before the 10k's do not have lens covers. On the 3000's I use the Kaibab binos eyepiece that still fit, the 42mm vortex I used on the 3000's so not fit. Anyone use anything else. Can't really give an opinion as I haven't use them much.

I finally received my 10ks last week and the blue tint is not an issue for me. I notice it, but its nothing like I was afraid of based on comments from others.

I’m having a few issues with the phone app and wondering if others are too? The main issue is when I have the Android phone app open there seems to be a sync issue between the app and 10ks. Basically, they seem to be losing sync and/or the app is changing and overriding the 10ks without my pushing the sync button. I set my 10ks to MOA and was testing them every few minutes and would notice the app and 10ks would change to Mils?? However, if I close the app on my phone the 10ks consistently stay on MOA. The same thing was happening with the wind speed setting where I would set a default of 5mph and it would mysteriously change to 0, but with the phone app closed the 10ks stayed on 5mph.

Speaking of the wind, I can’t seem to find much documentation on the wind meter that comes with the 10ks. It appears they are made by Weatheflow, but the only thing Sig mentions is how to pair them with Bluetooth. I think I figured out how they work in the phone app, but other than seeing the Weatherflow logo in the 10ks I have no clue how they work there as they didn’t seem to change the wind hold info…

I asked Sig for more info on the wind meter and plan to open a case with them on my sync issues.

Curious if others are having these same problems with Android and/or Apple phones, or if anyone found more documentation on the wind meter, or figured out how they work with the 10ks. Thanks

I finally received my 10ks last week and the blue tint is not an issue for me. I notice it, but its nothing like I was afraid of based on comments from others.

I’m having a few issues with the phone app and wondering if others are too? The main issue is when I have the Android phone app open there seems to be a sync issue between the app and 10ks. Basically, they seem to be losing sync and/or the app is changing and overriding the 10ks without my pushing the sync button. I set my 10ks to MOA and was testing them every few minutes and would notice the app and 10ks would change to Mils?? However, if I close the app on my phone the 10ks consistently stay on MOA. The same thing was happening with the wind speed setting where I would set a default of 5mph and it would mysteriously change to 0, but with the phone app closed the 10ks stayed on 5mph.

Speaking of the wind, I can’t seem to find much documentation on the wind meter that comes with the 10ks. It appears they are made by Weatheflow, but the only thing Sig mentions is how to pair them with Bluetooth. I think I figured out how they work in the phone app, but other than seeing the Weatherflow logo in the 10ks I have no clue how they work there as they didn’t seem to change the wind hold info…

I asked Sig for more info on the wind meter and plan to open a case with them on my sync issues.

Curious if others are having these same problems with Android and/or Apple phones, or if anyone found more documentation on the wind meter, or figured out how they work with the 10ks. Thanks
Try checking the settings in the app and make sure it's set up to your binocular settings.

Download the WeatherFlow app and try connecting the wind meter to it and play with it to see if it helps in your quest.

I have the WeatherFlow meter and use it with Strelok Pro with great success. The WeatherFlow app is good too, but no ballistics.

Try checking the settings in the app and make sure it's set up to your binocular settings.

Download the WeatherFlow app and try connecting the wind meter to it and play with it to see if it helps in your quest.

I have the WeatherFlow meter and use it with Strelok Pro with great success. The WeatherFlow app is good too, but no ballistics.
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I tried making sure both the settings in the app and 10ks were the same, did a sync, and everything was good for a couple of minutes. Then I'd pick up the 10ks a few minutes later and the settings had changed... This happened many times till I closed the app on my phone. Also, I'm hesitant to download the WeatherFlow app till I hear back from Sig on how it's supposed to work ;) Don't want to give them an excuse yet, but will try the WeatherFlow app if Sig can't help. Thanks again.

Reactions: Stoweit
So for clarification as far as wind with these you have to manually enter a wind call? Can you still link these to a Kestrel or are there conflicts with the ab software?

You can link to Kestrel, manually enter wind, or use the wind meter it comes with.
The wind meter it comes with is hand held only or you can mount it? How does it determine wind direction?

Anybody having the barometer issue in the environmental sensors. Mine went all the way down to 28.8. This can’t be correct. Are yours showing correct barometer pressure? This will surely affect the shot calculations.

• Love
Reactions: Stoweit
The wind meter it comes with is hand held only or you can mount it? How does it determine wind direction?

The weather flows I've used and seen have a little mount that goes into what looks like a headphone jack. They're plastic.

Wind direction is determined by you holding the meter and facing into the wind.

The meter is like $50 new so I wouldn't be expecting much.

The weather flows I've used and seen have a little mount that goes into what looks like a headphone jack. They're plastic.

Wind direction is determined by you holding the meter and facing into the wind.

The meter is like $50 new so I wouldn't be expecting much.

So stick with the Kestrel.

Anybody having the barometer issue in the environmental sensors. Mine went all the way down to 28.8. This can’t be correct. Are yours showing correct barometer pressure? This will surely affect the shot calculations.
The 10k manual references density altitude pressure which I believe is station pressure vs barometric pressure. I assume the 10ks are looking for barometric pressure when you manually enter the info. This used to be very confusing to me and is now only mildly confusing :unsure: I'm sure someone will chime in if I'm off base here. This article helped me: https://kestrelmeters.com/pages/setting-station-pressure-on-kestrel

This is another area that the 10k manual could use a little more explanation...

So stick with the Kestrel.
Yes, I believe that you can pair a Kestrel to the 10ks. What's not clear to me is how/if you can use the 10ks compass function to work with wind... As best I can tell you still have to manually set the wind direction even if you get wind speed from a basic Kestrel or Weather Flow meter. No clue if a Kestrel elite will provide wind direction to the 10ks, but if you have your Kestrel Elite out, then it seems redundant to use the 10k for ballistics. I personally plan to use the 10ks more for hunting and general ranging, and use the Kestrel Elite for shooting.

I am hoping that with the compass in the 10k you set DOF and the Kestrel will determine wind direction for a complete solution?

Do I need to input the current altitude and barometric pressure into the BDX app? Or are the kilo 10 k sensors designed to do that for me? I am assuming the 10k does it all. Seems like it works like a Kestrel. The only environmental sensor that seems to be adjustable in the 10k is wind.

Do I need to input the current altitude and barometric pressure into the BDX app? Or are the kilo 10 k sensors designed to do that for me? I am assuming the 10k does it all. Seems like it works like a Kestrel. The only environmental sensor that seems to be adjustable in the 10k is wind.
No, all the environmentals are automatically provided by default. As you mentioned the only environmental variable that you can change is the temperature.

Kestrel has an article “Barometric Pressure vs Station pressure What’s the difference “. My home elevation is 1000ft. Looks like station pressure should be about 1.0 less than Barometric pressure. If that’s the case then my 10k is reading correct station pressure. It’s kind of complicated stuff.

We just got 2 of these in, one being mine. Will be testing the crap out of it and doing a review video soon. But so far so good though. took them out of the box and was hitting 5k - 6k yards in non-ideal conditions. Will stretch its legs out when the weather clears up.

We just got 2 of these in, one being mine. Will be testing the crap out of it and doing a review video soon. But so far so good though. took them out of the box and was hitting 5k - 6k yards in non-ideal conditions. Will stretch its legs out when the weather clears up.
What is your impression of the blue tint people are talking about? Are both of your units showing the same level of blue tint? I’m down the road in Red Lodge, did you get the nasty snow yesterday?

Millibar or inHg?

After having them for about a month, I'm sold on them. The blue tint isn't close as bad as everyone online without them in their hand says. Personally how fast the data and laser pop up beats it out. It's nice to not use my kestrel, just point, click, dope in about .25 second.

Reactions: Glassaholic
After having them for about a month, I'm sold on them. The blue tint isn't close as bad as everyone online without them in their hand says. Personally how fast the data and laser pop up beats it out. It's nice to not use my kestrel, just point, click, dope in about .25 second.
Gripes! Just when I had thrown the 10k's under the proverbial bus ;) I may need to do a review now as I cannot decide which way to go. Thinking Sig 10k 10x42, Leica 10x32 Pro and Swaro NL Pure 10x32. Why the 32's? Because I want to see if the "better" glass of the Leica and Swaro (without LRF) make a difference in low light, can the Sig's 42mm with larger exit pupil. Maybe I'll throw in the new Swaro 10x42 EL Range TA. But I'm going to have to sell gear and pull strings to get these in hand...

Gripes! Just when I had thrown the 10k's under the proverbial bus ;) I may need to do a review now as I cannot decide which way to go. Thinking Sig 10k 10x42, Leica 10x32 Pro and Swaro NL Pure 10x32. Why the 32's? Because I want to see if the "better" glass of the Leica and Swaro (without LRF) make a difference in low light, can the Sig's 42mm with larger exit pupil. Maybe I'll throw in the new Swaro 10x42 EL Range TA. But I'm going to have to sell gear and pull strings to get these in hand...
Do it!!! I'm split too but I think I'm settled on the Leica's for now, pre-ordered with Eurooptic and they will supposedly ship later this month. I have the SIG 3K's, and the glass is supposedly pretty similar to the 10k's. Spotting to 1100 yards this past weekend I didn't feel like I was missing much because of the optics but I still want that Alpha glass for hunting and general use. Per @BigJimFish the 10x32's Leica's aren't giving up much optically compared to other RF Binos. Compared to the Swaro NL Pures everything sucks, lol. From what I'm seeing the Leica's will split the difference between laser, ballistics and optical performance. No solid reviews on the ballistics though. SIG seems to have done well with the display and laser, like we had all hoped. Now if only they would improve their glass!

Reactions: Glassaholic

Here's the non-answer from Sig:
1649954890394.png

Maybe Bozman.Man's upcoming video review will touch base on the wind meter too ;)

Reactions: Bozeman.Man
What is your impression of the blue tint people are talking about? Are both of your units showing the same level of blue tint? I’m down the road in Red Lodge, did you get the nasty snow yesterday?

The blue tint is definitely noticeable. But after looking through them a bunch since opening, i've moved past it. Still not as clear as my leicas, but definitely usable. Would compare them to my old Viper HD binos. No snow here, it went all around us haha

Also, this is the fastest damn rangefinder ive ever used.. seriously, its like instant distance/corrections.

I will be pairing it as a back-up... And then adding it to my ridiculous setup. 😂😂
View attachment 7850038

Just curious how well the kestrel integrates. I don't really care what the sig weather and solution is as long as it's seemless handing the range and dof to the kestrel.

Well be interesting to hear your thoughts about the onboard sign suite firing solution vs the kestrels

Had this for a week or so. Ran Leica 3200‘s last year or two. Obviously glass isn’t the same nor should be expected to be same. Blue is noticeable when side by side but likely more so cause I was looking for it. Bought mine for $1600 in November at Europtic as a pre-order. arrived last week.
Pros- Price. Stupid fast solutions. Small reticle and small laser equals accuracy on small targets. Much better than the Leica which I love. Gets returns on things Leica can’t. Can center the reticle. Stupid far ranging. Wind inputs on binos are quick to change. App can export range cards to create hard data backups. Environmentals really close to Kestrel. Dope matches kestrel and Garmin Delta to 1500 (didn’t check farther). Choice of reticle and how much info to display.

Cons-Manual - Not much info concerning Kestrel, The Bluetooth wind meter it comes with, or Garmin devices. About impossible to range and hold wind meter and get accurate reading. Better to hold up, look at app, and then manually enter wind speed on app or phone and then range. Connects to Kestrel (according to Kestrel saying connected) but no results displayed on Kestrel nor do binos take speed from Kestrel. Same with Garmin Delta. Shows connected but no transfer of data in either direction. LOS is in center of display supposed to be top left where AMR is per the manual and common sense. So the smaller font has the correct info instead large font and in center of display. There are some unexplained things in the display when using grid reticle- Random “8” and random dots depending. However I’m using the square reticle so not a big deal for me. Examples in pictures. No heading calculated or displayed on app when ranging.

Summary: My intentions for this is for Steel Safari and Hunter matches and these things are going to be perfect for that. Leica’s are amazing and range far but due to large beam I have to take multiple readings for small targets. Even then it’s easy to hit objects around the target instead of the target. No longer need to do that plus the solution is WAY faster (1/4second) plus includes wind.
The range finder capabilities blow everything else I’ve used away. I was able to hit the ball on an an electric line at 1900 yards EVERY TIME. Probably 36” in size. Non reflective grass/dirt at 5k plus, water tank at 7k plus. Glass street light at 1300. Centering laser to reticle is sweet too. Glass is good and better/equal than Vortex I’ve been behind but not close to Leica or Swaro.
However I didn’t buy these to glass all day. Hopefully a software update corrects the issues but if not I think everything else outweighs the issues. I don’t use a Kestrel at matches often so the connectivity issues don’t affect me much. Worth the price and more in my book.
C5608625-66AB-4202-9AF0-3BFAE11FB4D0.jpeg
92E1CD7C-9EF4-44EF-B07F-8209E7070E02.jpeg
CD8A9FB7-D1EA-4C84-AD99-59BDD725B6DA.jpeg
024B3F40-7D25-46B6-8656-54634BC0D97D.jpeg
CD6780CD-D3A8-49E8-B80B-6184222829F8.jpeg
F3332221-AA88-4D99-9CC5-804F4B2AC97F.jpeg
A2DB6B6F-4458-4709-AA5C-8747369D41DB.jpeg
7E62F24F-2E59-4344-A409-E05EE356CCA1.jpeg
4BFFC810-AA98-48F2-B163-744D2C4B6C75.jpeg

According to the manual as I don't have a unit in have yet.... The 8 on the grid reticle is 8 mils from center of your reticle.

Amr is angle modified range mode.

And you apparently need to have the unit in abe/abx mode to get it to talk to the kestrel back and forth and take it's firing solution from the kestrel..

According to the manual as I don't have a unit in have yet.... The 8 on the grid reticle is 8 mils from center of your reticle.

And you apparently need to have the unit in abe/abx mode to get it to talk to the kestrel back and forth and take it's firing solution from the kestrel..
This is how the 3K's are as far as ABX mode.

I missed the 8 part

The 8 would be great if it matched the sub-tensions of the reticle or the known 1.5 mil reticle square which it doesn’t. Pics attached show it should be 15 mils which match 5 mil hash marks. So either App is wrong or manual.

AB external was used and made no difference with kestrel or any other connection. Tried all settings lol

Yup I know what AMR means. It’s just in the wrong portion of the display.
837BB7AB-E882-4EA5-ACD8-A4D5CC854CA0.png
AD641755-871F-47CA-AC57-7BC745F19E8F.png
79630813-DEF3-49E9-8676-A7E71C6CB457.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Huskydriver