• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Sig P320 owners please

MTyotehunter

MTyotehunter
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2012
Montana
I’m looking for a full size 9mm, main purpose: handgun portions of precision rifle competition, I enjoy handguns and shoot a good bit. Currently torn between
Sig P320 full tacops
& sig P320 x5

I got to see the only x5 within driving distance of me and it was apparently a lemon, wouldn’t lock up completely unless you dropped the slide HARD. The standard guns they had locked up no matter what.

I have a standard full size P320 and an X5. My X5, and I know of others, have the same issue with going into battery all the way. When shooting bottom of the barrel reloads I would get issues with failure to feed, but I think that was largely an ammo issue. Have not seen it again after shooting factory (AE 115gr) despite shooting several thousand now.

I would still go with the X5, especially if this is for a comp. gun. The adjustable sights, and the heavier and tighter fitting barrel (likely what contributes to the above) are worth it alone. Shooting AA match, I can get 5 rounds in 2.5 inches offhand at 25 yards. It is a fantastic gun.

I have the 320 carry and the X5. I have shot 2 combat courses with the 320 with no issues. The X5 feels pretty good to shoot, and I have had no issues with it either. Unfortunately, my right arm went semi paralyzed around the time I got the X5, so I haven't been able to feel it as well because I am supporting everything with my left arm. It does feel well balanced though

I have the P320 Compact and X5. I haven't had issues with either. I shoot reloads using 115 gr. Bullets to 147 gr. For subs... flawless. I really enjoy the X5. Shoots well. It's been my go to gun since I bought it, but it's new so I like my new toy

Sig P320 full tacops is what I use for courses/matches etc... Now at about 4100 rounds and happy with it. My EDC is a P320 Compact.

Reactions: SingleShot85
The X5 is a target gun. None of them will lock up without full recoil spring pressure when new. I have probably 2K rounds through mine and it will still not go fully into battery without a good nudge if you are hand cycling it.

My X5 is the most accurate, out of the box factory gun I have shot.

Reactions: abizdafuzz
I picked up a 320 full tacops 9mm and threw a apex flat trigger in it. Very happy
Thanks for the input guys

The P320 X5 is the most accurate plastic framed production gun available under $1000. Its a great shooter and can easily shoot x ring accuracy at 25 yards from your hand. It’s well worth the extra $ to go with the X5

The P320 X5 is the most accurate plastic framed production gun available under $1000. Its a great shooter and can easily shoot x ring accuracy at 25 yards from your hand. It’s well worth the extra $ to go with the X5
Truth.
We authorize the P320 and all 9mm variants including the X-Five and VTAC. We are an agency of 900 with officers buying their own guns off an approved list, and we have about a dozen X-Fives on the street right now as duty guns and about a half dozen X-Five VTACs. They have been very reliable and accurate with factory Federal ammo. Without a doubt the most accurate striker-fired pistol on the market right now.

The P320 pistols have been pretty decent, but we have a lot of issues with people riding the slide stop lever, which causes a lot of slides to not lock back on the last round. Officers are going through the voluntary recall/upgrade right now, as about 20% of officers have a P320 variant. The new P320 trigger is drop-safe.

Truth.
We authorize the P320 and all 9mm variants including the X-Five and VTAC. We are an agency of 900 with officers buying their own guns off an approved list, and we have about a dozen X-Fives on the street right now as duty guns and about a half dozen X-Five VTACs. They have been very reliable and accurate with factory Federal ammo. Without a doubt the most accurate striker-fired pistol on the market right now.

The P320 pistols have been pretty decent, but we have a lot of issues with people riding the slide stop lever, which causes a lot of slides to not lock back on the last round. Officers are going through the voluntary recall/upgrade right now, as about 20% of officers have a P320 variant. The new P320 trigger is drop-safe.

What are the officers saying about the triggers that have been upgraded? I currently have a P320 Compact and really like the trigger, but mine was never sent back to Sig to be made drop safe?

OP: To answer your question, look at the features available on both models. Decide what is important to you in those lists of features given the intended role of being a pistol used for competition. One big thing that probably gets overlooked is holster availability.

I've got the X5, a full size, and have been carrying the M17 daily for the last 7 months. The X5 in my opinion is the most competition ready gun on the market under $2k and is super easy to customize if you need additional bits and parts. Same goes for the 320, you can change the trigger without tools for gosh sakes. They all shoot very well, the DAO is very easy to get used to and feels a lot better than many other poly guns (better than Glock or M&P but not quite a USP). I will forever regret not picking up the first TACOPs I saw, had to mod my 320 :devilish:

Very happy with my X5 so far. Feeds my reloads and is the most accurate plastic gun I’ve shot.
Put a DeltaPoint on it, waiting for the Gray Guns flat triggers to come back in stock.
Interesting note: the slides on the X5 are hand fit.

I have a CZ Shadow 2 and just picked up an X-Carry for my primary concealed carry gun. Only have about 300 rounds through the X-Carry but it's been flawless with Blazer 115/124 and Federal XM9001 124 +P. Trigger breaks at 5lbs and the bullseye accuracy rivals the CZ which has a CGW bushing installed. Slide fit at the rear of the X-Carry could be tighter but the overall the SIG is very competent off the shelf.

P320 X5 with the Sig Romeo 1 red dot and GrayGuns trigger kit would be my recommendation. That Is my current IDPA set up. X5 is really accurate, not just for a plastic gun. It is very close to my P210. Not quite the trigger, but just fine.

P320 X5 with the Sig Romeo 1 red dot and GrayGuns trigger kit would be my recommendation. That Is my current IDPA set up. X5 is really accurate, not just for a plastic gun. It is very close to my P210. Not quite the trigger, but just fine.
I would recommend staying away from the Romeo1. We have been doing a T&E for pistol RDS for 14 months now and have had durability issues with the Romeo1 optics. The only guy still running a Romeo1 is running it on a P320RX. For the X-Five, it’s better to get the Springer adapter and go with the Leupold Delta Point Pro. The X-Five guys with RDS all started with the Romeo1 and have switched to either the Springer/DPP or had the slide milled for the RMR. We have two DPPs on the street and they’ve been reliable. The RMRs have all been great, save for one where we think the officer over-torqued the screws during installation and warped the housing causing issues.

I dropped my full-size 320 into an X-Carry frame with a curved APEX trigger. I like it.

ay2ctf.jpg

Reactions: branson1369
X5 all the way, my x5 is so much better than my standard 320. Much more comfortable and much better trigger as well.

I have the full size P320 with the Romeo sight on it. I have had it since last spring.

I must have about 3K rounds through it and have not had a single malfunction. It's my EDC gun.

BTW, this is the first striker fired pistol I have ever owned and I am a convert.

The attached photo is my pistol and the target shot at 25 meters with two full magazines from the bench. The flyers are obviously my fault.

It's worth the price.

My purchase was at Cabela's. They do price matching and Veteran's discounts. Although they don't usually provide Veteran's discounts on firearms they do on some other products.

After I bought it at Cabela's, another gun store told me that Sig gives Veteran's discounts on firearms. It is not a straight percentage discount. They have a special price list for LE, Military and Veteran's.

IMG_2373.jpg

X-Carry and X5 here, never had any issues running either of them, all factory ammo, haven't tried any reloads. But by far one of my accurate handguns I have. It ranks up there with my 1911's (especially the DW and the STI). The grip just melts into my hand for a perfect fit, and being a 1911 fan, I do love that flat trigger. I have a couple Apex trigger upgrades waiting to go in once I get back from deployment, can't wait to give those a try.