• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Sig P365 owners?

I tried one. Ended up owning 3! Sold one and replaced it with an XL. I'n not real thrilled with the primer swipe issue, one hardly marks, one marks up the primer some, and the 3rd one marks it up alot. But no problems so far. Sig says no problem now, so I'll keep shooting and wait to see. Mine are accurate and feel good shooting.

Most striker fired systems that have a drop-barrel short recoil cycling mechanism have the lower half of the breech face striker aperture altered . The dropping down of the barrel slightly drags the case head of the fired round down across the breech face – which is why the striker tip apertures incorporate some design feature (rectangular / tear drop shape / or simple chamfering of the edge) to prohibit any nominal primer deformation as a cause for failure to properly extract / eject the case. A few examples, some more dramatic than others.
Picture 7fds copy 2.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 7.19.08 PM copy.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 8.46.05 PM copy.png
IMG_5666.jpg

I bought the one with the safety a couple weeks ago. Haven't played with it much.
It's my first 9mm. With no factory ammo available locally, I had to start fresh on componentry (I'd have wound up loading for it anyway). As not much componentry was available, I grabbed a thousand fired Federal cases from Brassman, and a Lee 356-120 mold (probably not a lot of casters on here).
I cast up a batch, ran them through a .358 sizer die (it just kissed the sides, as cast weight was 124 grains), loaded dummies, plunk tested, broke the seal on a can of Ramshot Silhouette I had been sitting on for a couple years, and loaded 3 with 5.0 grains. They chronied 940-950fps. Bumped it up to 5.6, 1050-1060fps for 3 (really consistent), I moved the scale back to 5.5, heat treated a batch of 40 bullets, lubed and loaded.
Haven't had time to see how she groups and handles, but if she'll run those 40 without a bobble (the first 6 went swimmingly) and shoot like I think she will, I've got another 120 bullets waiting. That'll have to do her for now, it's too damn hot to cast!

Fantastic carry gun. I liked it so much I got a second one. But to be honest I tend to do that with every Sig I buy. Both 365's I have are accurate, reliable, easy to carry. I love mine.

Reactions: DubfromGA
I've had mine for a little over a year. I have not put enough rounds down range, less than 500. I need to shoot an IDPA match with it (at least it would make IDPA somewhat worthwhile that day)

It replaced a Kahr PM as my EDC. It shoots like a much larger pistol, I shoot glocks and will say it has a better stock trigger than any glock I've had, although there is a decent amount of takeup. I could shoot the Kahr decently, but the 365 is just so much easier to shoot. I do not have any issues with mags emptying themselves either, the Kahr was awful at that

here is a stupid video to get an idea of my caliber of shooting

Took the ‘lil Sig out for an outing the other evening with the above mentioned load.

Shot gongs, cardboard, etc out to 25 yards.
I didn’t even shoot that great (shot my mod 15 Smith a bit, and it was apparent that I was out of practice) but was still impressed with the Sig.

The attached was two groups of at 25 yards. The first 4 are all lower right corner where I held bottom center on the 3” dot (guess I pulled one completely off to the right). The next 5 I held top left corner of the 3” dot.

She may have been low in part to running a pretty hard grip off a bench (corner of my truck bed, with a sandbag under my hands). I’ll shoot paper offhand next time and see. If not, I’ll find a 147 mould I like, and that should bring it up.

In 40 rounds, it never bobbled, neatly ejecting all my brass right into the truck bed.

Dumb question, but how does one adjust the impact to the left a bit? All my other pistols that I care enough to adjust the sights, have
screw adjustable sights.:/
Sig 365 group 7-7-20.jpg

Last edited:
The 365 is now my mother’s go to piece, replacing the M&P she was using. She hasn’t got to run it more than three times I believe due to the 9mm shortage but she likes the trigger much better than the M&P.

I have somewhere around 1,500 rounds through the XL. So far zero issues to report.

Dumb question, but how does one adjust the impact to the left a bit? All my other pistols that I care enough to adjust the sights, have
screw adjustable sights.:/

You can drift the rear or the front to adjust your windage. I'd bench it on a bag and make sure its not your trigger pull that is causing it. That is a consistent problem to overcome with Micro pistols. If it isn't you and it is the weapon, drift the rear to the left of the weapon. That will bring your shot left. Depending on your distance to the target, it may only need a 1/64th of an inch.

Also make sure the front and rear sights are centered. I have had weapons from the factory with the sights offset to one side that didn't need it, they needed centered.

1000 through my XL and 700 and change in my wife's XL .. ZERO problems. great gun to shoot. in fact I sold 3 other EDC guns bc this one just does it all. sig killed it with this gun like everything else they are doing.

im ditching the Romeo 0 on mine and going with the holosun version for a few reasons but other than that. 12+1 with a light and RDO in such a perfect sized package and carries exceptionally well.

I’ve got about 500 rds through mine, no issues. I have the primer swipe thing going on, but until it causes something to fail, I don’t care.

1000 through my XL and 700 and change in my wife's XL .. ZERO problems. great gun to shoot. in fact I sold 3 other EDC guns bc this one just does it all. sig killed it with this gun like everything else they are doing.

im ditching the Romeo 0 on mine and going with the holosun version for a few reasons but other than that. 12+1 with a light and RDO in such a perfect sized package and carries exceptionally well.

Don't forget a 15 round back up too!

One question. Hate to sound like a whining snowflake, but are everyone else's 10 rounders a bitch to load?
I can only fit 9 in mine, and that's with significant effort and sore fingers. Are the 12's or 15's easier?
Am I doing something wrong? Are they really that hard to load? Or am I a momma's boy who is simply spoiled by single stack 1911 magazines?
It's the only real complaint I have about the pistol so far.

Reactions: Evlshnngns
One question. Hate to sound like a whining snowflake, but are everyone else's 10 rounders a bitch to load?
I can only fit 9 in mine, and that's with significant effort and sore fingers. Are the 12's or 15's easier?
Am I doing something wrong? Are they really that hard to load? Or am I a momma's boy who is simply spoiled by single stack 1911 magazines?
It's the only real complaint I have about the pistol so far.

All of them suck at first. I always use an Uplula to load pistol mags, that will help.

Anytime I get new mags, I always load them to max and let them sit for a few days to a week. It also helps if you load 2-3, tap it on the bench or your hand to seat everything firm. Rinse and repeat. Few times of that, and they all seem to loosen up a bunch. I can easily load my 15/12/10's by hand now if needed, but I'd invest in an Uplula or the like. It will save your thumbs at the range.

Sold my Shield 9mm to a buddy a few months ago and picked up a 365XL. One of my favorite pistols I've owned. Small grip but somehow fits my huge hands very well, just long enough to fit all four fingers but not too long...like the Glock 43.

Very happy with it so far. In a T.Rex arms style sidecar holster, its extremely easy to carry, and hard to not like have 24-27 rounds in such a small package

My P365 replaced a Walther PPS Gen 1 that I loved since it came out. The P365 to me just carries, shoots better. Its an amazing little gun. Since I am a fan of the paddle release, I wound up swapping the magazine catch to press with my trigger finger. Its a lot more natural to me this way. I also swapped to the flat trigger, but wound up keeping the original spring. Maybe its in my head but the flat trigger seemed to improve an already nice trigger. The sights agree with me also.

My earlier model had weaker springs. No complaints loading but over time leaving it loaded i noticed some failures to lock back. Sig replaced the magazine and initially that noticeably hard to load up. Its settled and no further issues.

My P365 replaced a Walther PPS Gen 1 that I loved since it came out. The P365 to me just carries, shoots better. Its an amazing little gun. Since I am a fan of the paddle release, I wound up swapping the magazine catch to press with my trigger finger. Its a lot more natural to me this way. I also swapped to the flat trigger, but wound up keeping the original spring. Maybe its in my head but the flat trigger seemed to improve an already nice trigger. The sights agree with me also.
I've wondered about switching the mag release to emulate the paddle and keep muscle memory as close as possible. No issues accidentally engaging it? Those 365's are pretty hard to push.

I've wondered about switching the mag release to emulate the paddle and keep muscle memory as close as possible. No issues accidentally engaging it? Those 365's are pretty hard to push.

Its been a while since the change- never once has the mag release engaged with Kydex holster (or while shooting/grip hold if thats what you meant). Its an upgrade in my opinion and appreciated every time I use it. If you hate it swap it back. Free trial...Place your finger where it would be set up if you haven't already.

It was a bitch to swap out for me. It has a small detent you need to push with a bent paperclip or similar size. Looks easy on a P320 video instructions, perhaps there are better P365 tips out there now.

Last edited:
If HK made a 365 sized pistol I’d be all over it. The SKs really are not that small. Love me some paddles.

Reactions: Frank_Castle
If they ever do in 10 years i'll be there! I think the P365 will change things like the Clinton ban produced the chopped full sized types. At least it was good for something.

Just a range update on my 365. New gun with only about 50 rounds on it. Spent less than two hours putting almost 500 rounds through it. Ran it hard, fast and got it pretty hot.

Shot great, ran fine, and gave my buddies fits (G17 and ported/red dot MP full size 9) shooting a dueling tree and plate racks.

BL: I like it more and more and have no complaints for daily carry. I also really like the 15 rnd mag/grip.

ZY

Just a range update on my 365. New gun with only about 50 rounds on it. Spent less than two hours putting almost 500 rounds through it. Ran it hard, fast and got it pretty hot.

Shot great, ran fine, and gave my buddies fits (G17 and ported/red dot MP full size 9) shooting a dueling tree and plate racks.

BL: I like it more and more and have no complaints for daily carry. I also really like the 15 rnd mag/grip.

ZY
500 rounds in that short amount of time is definitely putting it through the paces. If it will run like that for you in a controlled setting, I'd say it's carry worthy.

They do get warm. I have 96 rounds worth of mags and will run it as fast as I can find the dot. She's gets to smoking!

I'm over 2,000 rounds with my P365. No failures, no issues with the pistol. I initially had some issues with my fingers running up on the slide. But that was me adjusting to a smaller EDC.

I have one of the earlier manufacture dates and the only change I've made was to install the Sig flat trigger.

I am mostly shooting Federal Hydra Shok 124, and Speer Lawman Training ammo with the occasional P+ loads mix in.

It's an extraordinarily reliable gun and I've used it to train numerous first time shooters. It's a real confidence booster they handled and shot extremely well.

I've had my standard P365 for a couple years and love it. I've never had an issue with it, and I think it's great for EDC! I was able to improve the fit with a Hogue HandALL Beavertail Grip Sleeve. I also have a SAS model, but I think I need more time with it before making a recommendation. So far, I am more accurate with the standard version at the range. But, in a real-life close range defensive situation with no time for proper sight alignment, I'm not sure that there's going to be a difference between the two. (I hope I don't find out!)

I bought my Sig 365 a few months ago and love it. I carry it in a Crossbreed appendix carry holster and it's the most comfortable pistol I have ever carried. Shoots super soft, even with +P ammo and crazy accurate out to 25 yards.

My P365 has been my EDC for years and I still love it. I've never had a problem with it at the range. Adding a Hogue grip sleeve made it fit my hand better.

Just a little PSA, if y’all carry your 365 everyday even while out working and sweating, make sure you oil it up at least once a week. My wife started carrying mine because it was smaller than her g48 and did so all summer in the 100 degree heat, so the other day I asked her when the last time she shot, oiled, done anything with that since she pilfered it from me, she said “I don’t know “, so I says, you know your rear sight is orange from the rust on it, and asked her to worked the slide.. so long story short, the damn thing had rusted the rails so bad she couldn’t run the slide, after 2 hours of cleaning and polishing it was finally was nice again, so just remember to keep your shit oiled and make your wife carry the stupid glock she wanted!

I was looking for a ruger lc9, found the p365 new at a pawn shop. The good reviews and extra capacity pushed my budget to double ha ha. I've only put 10 threw it. Its suprising how nice this carry gun shoots, like a full size beretta 92.

I'm going to join the club.

Hoping my new P365 makes it here by next weekend. I'd love to get some range time with Saturday & Sunday.

Getting some 12rd & 15rd spares for it so I can rotate them around.

Looking forward to the versatility of this gun.

It's been a while since I've owned a striker......more of a 1911 fan.