• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Sauer - KILO3000 BDX LASER RANGEFINDING BINOCULARS

Somewhere in this thread there is reference to 2 different diameter o-rings, I bought both but never installed since I am going in a different LRF direction
Great - thanks. I tried to search but I probably need to just read through the string.

• Haha
Reactions: seansmd
Does the Sig Kilo 3000 BDX have a Milling Reticle?
I've seen promotional pictures where it shows the reticle but I can't seem to be able to turn it on.

It does not
I've seen promotional pictures where it shows the reticle but I can't seem to be able to turn it on.

It does not. Just a simple circle( would better with slightly smaller one IMO)

At the 2019 King Of 2 Miles I was able to acquire all targets. These images are raw.

20190630-124054.jpg

20190630-124134.jpg

20190630-125351.jpg

It does not.

Impressive - How did you determine that you ranged the target and not the cliff or trees????

-just for transparency

It was not able to range the trees, they are far less reflective. A tripod was used, and the laser was calibrated in the reticle. Then a second range finder was used to verify the measurements on the same target. It recorded within 1 to 2 yards of the PLRF 25Cs measurements.

It was not able to range the trees, they are far less reflective. A tripod was used, and the laser was calibrated in the reticle. Then a second range finder was used to verify the measurements on the same target. It recorded within 1 to 2 yards of the PLRF 25Cs measurements.

Ik you must be asked alot but how is the image quality vs other binos? I think about it for prs match to range and spot at the same time.

I decided to send mine back to Sig to have them address my focus rings turning on their own. They promptly emailed a 2nd day shipping label and turn around was just over a week. They said they couldn’t replicate the problem but fixed several other things pertaining to the diopter/focus rings. They work as they should now without having to retro fit o rings in the focus rings.

I decided to send mine back to Sig to have them address my focus rings turning on their own. They promptly emailed a 2nd day shipping label and turn around was just over a week. They said they couldn’t replicate the problem but fixed several other things pertaining to the diopter/focus rings. They work as they should now without having to retro fit o rings in the focus rings.
Did Sig make an adjustment that improved the focus or simply correct the mechanical slippage of the diopters? Thanks

My uneducated guess is that there was too much pressure inside the binoculars from the purging gas causing the focus rings to rotate outward on their own. Probably why they couldn't replicate the issue at near sea level. I have a good video of the focus rings spinning on their own but can't seem to figure out how to upload it.

My uneducated guess is that there was too much pressure inside the binoculars from the purging gas causing the focus rings to rotate outward on their own. Probably why they couldn't replicate the issue at near sea level. I have a good video of the focus rings spinning on their own but can't seem to figure out how to upload it.
Had the same issue with both the Sig and Vortex. I am in Denver so maybe that is true.

Customer Service was excellent with both companies

Last edited:
Yep, that’s how mine were. Be interested to see how many of us with the same issues are at higher altitudes. The town in OR where I shipped my K3k’s for service is @154’ MSL; I’m @4250, density altitude over 8k most days.

I just had the same issue with my Kilo 3000BDX's at about 7,000 ft altitude. The focus rings on both right and left kept moving on their own. Came home to 500 ft above sea level and I couldn't replicate the problem. I think I'll use o-rings to increase friction and solve the issue, the good thing about this is it means that the internal optics are pressurized and well sealed:)

I got mine last week and used it out to 1150 yards on a tripod.

Trace was clear once properly focused.
Impacts/dust clouds were still noticeable at 1150. Fresh dirt was clearly visible at 900 yards.

In my opinion, this is good to go glass, with a well proven rangefinder. If I had any doubts if I was hitting a rock or the target with the rangefinder, I'd just move back and fourth between target and berm while holding the button down to make a good determination.

I was using mine at the sight in day of a PRS match this past weekend. It was at a training facility that has targets way out for ELR. I had no problem picking up the furthest target at 2818 through some shitty mirage. That's further than I plan on shooting, haha. I was pretty impressed.

Hi all,

I've been following this thread for months and finally joined to comment now that people have started answering my questions about ways to protect the thing, I've found it crazy hard to find info so thanks to everyone.

My recital is on a slight angle, I'd guess atleast 3 degrees, should I be concerned or looking at warranty?
I can't get it to pair correctly with my 3.5x10 scope. It's talking but won't give any drop.

If it helps here are the accessories people posted through the thread:
Tripod Mounts:
small would be correct.

Vortex Optics Binocular Tripod Adapter

I'm going to try this one:
Carson Tripod Adapter for Binoculars (TA-50), Black

eye piece / ocular cover
3d printed option by "JeremyV" PM him for details.
or someone else posted this:
Opticron 45.5mm BGA Binocular Rainguard

front / objective covers: Butler Creek Multiflex 33940 39-40 Objective Clam

Now, is anyone using it for the full BDX setup, and if so what scope and what covers are you using?
I've purchased both the 3.5-10x45 and the 4-14x44 (I see they have a 2.5-8x32 model as well now)

I found these online but not seen in person:
3.5x10x45 ocular only:

4x14.5-44 Ocular and objective available.

Has anyone used the Vortex ones and knows sizes etc? I can't believe how difficult it has been find info and really don't want to scratch up my glass.

Cheers
Jay

Tenebraux makes an excellent cover. If you ever have questions on what model to get that fits your scope just email them. They were quick to respond to me... responding with objective, ocular, and ard part numbers even though I didn't ask for all. I love that they rotate so you can adjust the diopter with out removing to straighten them out. Only covers I will get from now on.

Reactions: Jayrnz01
Hi all,

I've been following this thread for months and finally joined to comment now that people have started answering my questions about ways to protect the thing, I've found it crazy hard to find info so thanks to everyone.

My recital is on a slight angle, I'd guess atleast 3 degrees, should I be concerned or looking at warranty?
I can't get it to pair correctly with my 3.5x10 scope. It's talking but won't give any drop.

Cheers
Jay

your reticle on your rangefinder is not plumb? i would call and ask if they can fix or replace if it bothers you.
what model rangefinder?
if the scope is talking to the rangefinder, and you aren't getting dope or a dot on the scope, i would call them.
keep in mind that although it may be able to range well beyond, it may only provide a solution up to an 800yd limit.
i assume this is because they don't believe it is possible to ensure a humane kill at greater distances (for most hunters).

your reticle on your rangefinder is not plumb? i would call and ask if they can fix or replace if it bothers you.
what model rangefinder?
if the scope is talking to the rangefinder, and you aren't getting dope or a dot on the scope, i would call them.
keep in mind that although it may be able to range well beyond, it may only provide a solution up to an 800yd limit.
i assume this is because they don't believe it is possible to ensure a humane kill at greater distances (for most hunters).

Cheers, it is the kilo 3000. retical seems at least 3 degrees off plum yes. It doesn't bother me super bad but I did think it was odd.
with the 1800 bdx range finder I get a dope.
with the kilo 3000 it talks to the scope but no dope, unless from memory I range like 3 meters then it gives a massive drop. anything from 50 to say 3-4-500 it doesn't change. (I unpaired the 1800 etc) I also tried rebonding etc a few times. I was hunting the next day and had wasted about 2 hours screwing around with it before I gave up and got back to packing. It was silly cause that was 2 hours sleep I lost lol.
It's not the end of the world at the moment because I can use the app to add it manually, but I'd still rather it worked properly.

No one else has had communication issues with the scopes?

After owning this for a quite some time now (mine was one of the first preorders) I have some comments that I’d like advice from others on.

I have REALLY bad CA and fringing that I do not see in the photos from everyone here. I am considering sending back to Sig for this as well as diopter issues, moves way too freely and never stays put for long.

The right side view is incredibly dark compared to the left. Like very very different. Is this normal for everyone else or a flaw in my early run unit?

I have such terrible vignetting in the right side that I almost always just close that eye when I’m just trying to glass, which really defeats the purpose of these.

My eyes are not particularly close but the massive size of the eyes pieces compared to other binos makes it hard to get a good IP width setting.

The range finder is INCREDIBLY good. I have had these at an air show recently and snagged buildings 4300 yards away free hand reliably, the electronics side of these seem EXCELLENT.

My Bluetooth connections and links with kestrel are phenomenal, easy, and fast.

For a range finder, these are absolute heaven. For being binoculars my pair eat shit. The photos I see here are orders of magnitude better than what I get from my set. There’s not way I could ever get as clear and round a picture on the reticle side as you all are.

Think I should send to Sig for repair/inspection?

After owning this for a quite some time now (mine was one of the first preorders) I have some comments that I’d like advice from others on.

I have REALLY bad CA and fringing that I do not see in the photos from everyone here. I am considering sending back to Sig for this as well as diopter issues, moves way too freely and never stays put for long.

The right side view is incredibly dark compared to the left. Like very very different. Is this normal for everyone else or a flaw in my early run unit?

I have such terrible vignetting in the right side that I almost always just close that eye when I’m just trying to glass, which really defeats the purpose of these.

My eyes are not particularly close but the massive size of the eyes pieces compared to other binos makes it hard to get a good IP width setting.

The range finder is INCREDIBLY good. I have had these at an air show recently and snagged buildings 4300 yards away free hand reliably, the electronics side of these seem EXCELLENT.

For a range finder, these are absolute heaven. For being binoculars my pair eat shit. The photos I see here are orders of magnitude better than what I get from my set. There’s not way I could ever get as clear and round a picture on the reticle side as you all are.

I do not experience any of that with mine. The glass is pretty good in mine and I do not have a noticeable difference in either side. I would send to SIG for inspection.

Reactions: TheMammoth
Same here, mine are not alpha glass, but they are not bad. Sounds like something is off on yours, I'd definitely contact Sig. FYI, there will be a noticable difference in color cast left vs right....one will be cooler due to the RF equipment on that side, the other warmer. What I have found with mine is that one is cooler than reality, one warmer than reality, when viewed with both eyes, the brain mixes them and achieves a natural color balance. But they are in no way 'dim', so again, I think a call to Sig is in order.

Sent them an email this morning after posting. I would’ve lived with it, I just figured the issues were normal. But I’ve spent a lot of months now shopping for good binos and so the image quality was bothering me after having seen higher end units. The images here of crisp round right-ocular performance topped the scales. Something Is probably wrong with this unit, or at the very least the super early run had issues that were later improved.

Has no one had the ability to compare laser presrations with vectronix plrf05 (old terrapin)?

I have both the Kilo300BDX and the Vectronix Terrapin and I have to say my Kilo will range just as far as my Terrapin with comparable reliability. Where the Terrapin is better is with the small size of the aiming circle which makes it easier to aim and range a small target. The Kilo has a much larger aiming circle and on small targets sometimes you have to move the circle around to get a good range. On my Kilo, the laser is about at the 3 o'clock sector of the circle but once you know that it makes it easy to range. Where the Kilo outshines the Terrapin is in the electronics. The Kilo's electronics are MUCH faster at giving you a range and the scan feature which you activate by holding the ranging button down makes it much easier to range smaller targets.

Last edited:
The old Terrapin doesn't have a circle and it is better than the new one. The new Terrapin is made by leica as far as I know.

Reactions: 338LMAI

I usually couldn’t care less about ca but my unit shows really bad fringing in certain situations like looking out over water when I first got them messing with them the whole shoreline was a purple line I haven’t noticed it as bad on the range probably because of the terrain but keep us posted on your result with sig maybe I will have mine looked at otherwise the 3000 is an excellent piece of equipment glass is good enough for my purpose and the Rf is fantastic money well spent

I took the plunge a bought a set. So far so good. I’ve only used it with my Kestrel 5700 and it has been spot on with several calibers.

The reticle display only shows one decimal place where the kestrel display shows two.

The only negative I have so far is that both diopter rings and the focus wheel need tweaking to get your background and reticle focused at each new distance. At 200 yards you can be fine and at 1000 yards you’ll have to re-fiddle at least two of the three to get everything focused again. Just a training and awareness thing.

I usually couldn’t care less about ca but my unit shows really bad fringing in certain situations like looking out over water when I first got them messing with them the whole shoreline was a purple line I haven’t noticed it as bad on the range probably because of the terrain but keep us posted on your result with sig maybe I will have mine looked at otherwise the 3000 is an excellent piece of equipment glass is good enough for my purpose and the Rf is fantastic money well spent

My unit was replaced quickly and with no problems. The new unit is superb compared to my old one. Some fringing in the outer 25% but MUCH better, the diopters stay put, the image is clear and sharp, and testing on chimneys to 300-3400 yards shows the laser is exactly center lower portion of the reticle, both barrels of the binos are clear and bright.

Very happy with the replacement units and Sigs rush to help me.

Last edited:
My unit was replaced quickly and with no problems. The new unit is superb compared to my old one. Some fringing in the outer 25% but MUCH better, the diopters stay put, the image is clear and sharp, and testing on chimneys to 300-3400 yards shows the laser is exactly center lower portion of the reticle, both barrels of the binos are clear and bright.

Very happy with the replacement units and Sigs rush to help me.

My laser is also exactly center left to right and a little low of center. I am glad to hear they took care of you so quickly.

Me too. They were actually really great to work with, I explained the problems in detail and also how much I needed a quick turn around and they just swapped it for me.

Really makes me confident in buying more of their stuff if they’re customer service is this good.

Use a pole that is against clear sky. I would get your binos on a rest or tripod. Then pan across the pole slowly and can see where you pick up a range. Do it both ways, left to right and right to left, to sort of bracket it to get the center. You can then go vertically and see where in the reticle you get the top of the pole. It's not exact as you have some area the laser actually covers. However,i have found for practical purposes out to "ELR" distances on targets we shoot, it is plenty good.

somewhere here on the hide @Diver160651 had some stuff on the sig laser where he was looking at it with night vision. I recall it showing the area the laser covered.

Thanks for the info guys, I will mess around with mine. Just picked up a pair.

Anyone find any caps they like for the these?

That my dumbass voice in the video is me, and @Diver160651 had the setup of the nightvision optic and was running both lrfs trying to keep them on target. You can't see either of the lrf reticles, the intent is to show the relative sizes of the beams, the smaller tighter beam is the leica.
That's hilarious Sean, every time I hear my recorded voice I think, "do I really sound like that?" :LOL:

Use a pole that is against clear sky. I would get your binos on a rest or tripod. Then pan across the pole slowly and can see where you pick up a range. Do it both ways, left to right and right to left, to sort of bracket it to get the center. You can then go vertically and see where in the reticle you get the top of the pole. It's not exact as you have some area the laser actually covers. However,i have found for practical purposes out to "ELR" distances on targets we shoot, it is plenty good.

somewhere here on the hide @Diver160651 had some stuff on the sig laser where he was looking at it with night vision. I recall it showing the area the laser covered.
Of topic— but we bought a house off Beaufort (Laramie) this year, so we are almost neighbors..

Actually, it’s for my son.. but have been busting my ass all week getting it ready for him and his room mates..

I don’t know if this has been discussed yet. I heard once upon a time these were gonna be able to sync with iPhone to allow the full use of applied ballistics. Kinda like what the kestrel does of course without the wind/atmosphere features.

Has anyone heard?

I don’t know if this has been discussed yet. I heard once upon a time these were gonna be able to sync with iPhone to allow the full use of applied ballistics. Kinda like what the kestrel does of course without the wind/atmosphere features.

Has anyone heard?
That would be nice. I wouldn’t mind if Sig offered the same $45 upgrade option as Bushnell with their Nitro 1800 rangefinder to upgrade from AB Ultralite to the full version.

Had my binos out yesterday looking at elk. During the day I was very happy watching elk at 1000-1400 yards. I thought the glass was similar to the razor 10x42 binos I purchased for my Dad earlier this year. However, near dark the razors really set themselves apart. I was able to make out definition on horns and number of points well after the Sigs. I also noticed some pretty bad CA looking at a ridgeline that was sky lighted against the setting sun.

All in all I am still very happy with these binos. I will still carry these hunting and I expect they will be better up closer to something in low light. Daytime performance and the range finder are awesome. These binos pick up mirage very well that I was not seeing in the razors yesterday. I thought I would note my observations of lowlight performance for anyone interested.

Reactions: Wyzrd
I just got my pair in today from CameralandNy. I'm pretty happy with the quality of the glass. I'll be taking it to the range this weekend to see how they compare with my 15-45x Leupold Ventana on spotting holes on paper in the shade @ 200 yards...

The front SIG screw was a pain to get off, but finally got it off. It has the hole for the tripod adapter, and ordered a celestron binocular tripod adapter to try out as well. $13. Also bought an arca plate for it for another $10.

The pairing to the sig bdx app was pretty quick, and I set it up for my 22LR and my 308. It is pretty nifty to range and know the exact mil clicks.

I just got my pair in today from CameralandNy. I'm pretty happy with the quality of the glass. I'll be taking it to the range this weekend to see how they compare with my 15-45x Leupold Ventana on spotting holes on paper in the shade @ 200 yards...

The front SIG screw was a pain to get off, but finally got it off. It has the hole for the tripod adapter, and ordered a celestron binocular tripod adapter to try out as well. $13. Also bought an arca plate for it for another $10.

The pairing to the sig bdx app was pretty quick, and I set it up for my 22LR and my 308. It is pretty nifty to range and know the exact mil clicks.
Man glad to hear . I hope you enjoy them as much as I have. That would be really awesome to have the same functionality and features from the 3000BDX in a 15 power as well as 10 power offering. I'm my style of shooting combining a piece of gear is a plus. My buddy takes up the "Squad Mom" duties during our month matches spotting with 15X Leupold Binos, perfect application for this tool and advantage over the 10X. So Sig if you're out there reading this can we see a 15x BDX ? . That's my opinion.

Has anyone heard?
I do not believe they function in this manner.
You have the ABU lite engine internal to the BDX
And ABX (Applied Ballistics External) linking to Kestrel. I have scoured the videos from Sig's support linked to the BDX products (can be found in the BDX app) I don't see anything like that. If you come up with something please share