• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Sauer - KILO3000 BDX LASER RANGEFINDING BINOCULARS

Man glad to hear . I hope you enjoy them as much as I have. That would be really awesome to have the same functionality and features from the 3000BDX in a 15 power as well as 10 power offering. I'm my style of shooting combining a piece of gear is a plus. My buddy takes up the "Squad Mom" duties during our month matches spotting with 15X Leupold Binos, perfect application for this tool and advantage over the 10X. So Sig if you're out there reading this can we see a 15x BDX ? . That's my opinion.

+1 on the 15x. I think that'd been a really nice sweet spot to really "do it all" and not have to be wanting more. I was looking for 12-15x, but the Sig 3000 BDX just hit too positives, especially for < $1000.

I do not believe they function in this manner.
You have the ABU lite engine internal to the BDX
And ABX (Applied Ballistics External) linking to Kestrel. I have scoured the videos from Sig's support linked to the BDX products (can be found in the BDX app) I don't see anything like that. If you come up with something please share

If you put it on ABX, the mil adjustments will show up in the binos right? So theoretically having a full AB solver on the iPhone should be able to do the same thing. Or any open protocol... like why couldn't Strelok Pro just connect to the binos, and pull the range reading and send back the mil adjustments. Someone should be able to do it someday... it's just bluetooth protocol.

Reactions: Concrete shooter
+1 on the 15x. I think that'd been a really nice sweet spot to really "do it all" and not have to be wanting more. I was looking for 12-15x, but the Sig 3000 BDX just hit too positives, especially for < $1000.

If you put it on ABX, the mil adjustments will show up in the binos right? So theoretically having a full AB solver on the iPhone should be able to do the same thing. Or any open protocol... like why couldn't Strelok Pro just connect to the binos, and pull the range reading and send back the mil adjustments. Someone should be able to do it someday... it's just bluetooth protocol.
I didn't look at it like that. Maybe a request from Strelok?

Question for anyone who did the SIG rebate - it says include a copy of the rebate form, a copy of your receipt, and the serial number from the product purchased. Am I supposed to cut it off the nice box that the binos came in? Do I just write down the serial number?

Question for anyone who did the SIG rebate - it says include a copy of the rebate form, a copy of your receipt, and the serial number from the product purchased. Am I supposed to cut it off the nice box that the binos came in? Do I just write down the serial number?
Looks like there is "paperless submission" feature on the website

I got my KILO3000 and playing with it for two days.
The glass is medium, the range finder is excellent.
I drove it yesterday on a cloudy day, and today - in the bright sun.
Yesterday, the maximum measured range in the trees was 2427 meters. Today - 1643 meters. So, the measuring range decreased by 43%.
The guys who said that the measurement range declared by the manufacturer should be divided in half, as always turned out to be right))).

I compared it with Leica1600B, and 1600B lost. I understand that this is not a fair play, but I do not have 2800COM for comparison.

KILO easy connecting with garmin701 and kestrel5700, the connection is quick and reliable.

Thanks to the hideguys who wrote in this thread about their experience. Your messages help the newbie in choosing :)!

Attachments

• 20190904_170521.2.jpg
    20190904_170521.2.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 20190905_152429.2.jpg
    20190905_152429.2.jpg
    621.6 KB · Views: 86
Hi all,

I've been following this thread for months and finally joined to comment now that people have started answering my questions about ways to protect the thing, I've found it crazy hard to find info so thanks to everyone.

My recital is on a slight angle, I'd guess atleast 3 degrees, should I be concerned or looking at warranty?
I can't get it to pair correctly with my 3.5x10 scope. It's talking but won't give any drop.

If it helps here are the accessories people posted through the thread:
Tripod Mounts:
small would be correct.

Vortex Optics Binocular Tripod Adapter

I'm going to try this one:
Carson Tripod Adapter for Binoculars (TA-50), Black

eye piece / ocular cover
3d printed option by "JeremyV" PM him for details.
or someone else posted this:
Opticron 45.5mm BGA Binocular Rainguard

front / objective covers: Butler Creek Multiflex 33940 39-40 Objective Clam

Now, is anyone using it for the full BDX setup, and if so what scope and what covers are you using?
I've purchased both the 3.5-10x45 and the 4-14x44 (I see they have a 2.5-8x32 model as well now)

I found these online but not seen in person:
3.5x10x45 ocular only:

4x14.5-44 Ocular and objective available.

Has anyone used the Vortex ones and knows sizes etc? I can't believe how difficult it has been find info and really don't want to scratch up my glass.

Cheers
Jay

Anyone try a blizzard cover for the objective? I think the 70210 would work, considering ordering it.

I was in the local big box store today and decided to compare some optics.
The sig BDX 3000 vs vortex diamondback 12x50s of supposed similar glass, the sigs being smaller objective were actually much brighter and superior. I was impressed.

Yesterday, late in the evening. These are the longest measurements for my kilo3000.

Attachments

• 20190906_201421.jpg
    20190906_201421.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 187
  • 20190906_201147.jpg
    20190906_201147.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 209
I'm thinking of a BDX3000 to replace both my bino's and LRF. Am I right in thinking it won't bluetooth to my phone apps, and only to a kestrel (which I do not have)?

GENERAL OPERATION
Your rangefinder provides 4 modes of operation: AMR, LOS, ABU and ABE/ABX. AMR and LOS will
be explained on the next page. When ABU is selected the user can pair the KILO with a nearby
smartphone where the BDX App should already be installed. The user configures a bullet profile in
the app, which is actively synced with a paired rangefinder. For example, the user downloads and
installs the BDX App, selects a 0.308 caliber bullet and chooses a Barnes LRXBT 200 gr bullet – this
profile is selected and saved in real-time. The user will then configure the muzzle velocity, zero
range, temperature and altitude within the BDX App.

How does Applied Ballistics Lite, compare to say BallisticsArc/Strelok? For ammo with the same chrono, bc, I noticed different adjustments, at least on rimfire. I wish I could use the Sig BDX app to print out a range card for a match as the numbers are much closer than what I'm getting with BallisticsArc.

A lot of people use BallisticsArc so it should be equally accurate. I'll need to play around with what other settings might be causing the difference.

Last edited:
Can you set up zero offsets in the Sig BDX app ? For example, I zero my DTA Covert for 175gr at 2450 FPS. But I also shoot subsonic 200gr with its zero at 75yards at +3.0 mrad / so can I have the KILO 3000 hud show me the compensated firing solution ?

I don't use the BDX app. I use my Garmin 701 Foretrix which pairs up with the Kilo3000 and it works perfectly. Once you range it, it sends the distance to the Garmin; and the Garmin profile handles the solutions.

I got one from Camera Land and have been playing with it for a few days. The app keeps telling me I need to update the Firmware. I follow the instructions but it keeps sending me back through a loop. Anyone else have this issue or have an idea how to fix it?

I don't use the BDX app. I use my Garmin 701 Foretrix which pairs up with the Kilo3000 and it works perfectly. Once you range it, it sends the distance to the Garmin; and the Garmin profile handles the solutions.

What’s a better option to pair up with the Kilo 3000, The Garmin 701 or use a Kestrel ?

Does the 701 provide all atmospherics minus wind?

Last edited:

Interesting. But I don't suppose you can upload the ballistic curve to the Kilo 3000 and be able to compute a solution without the Garmin ? I'm hesitating between the Kilo 2400 ABS, the 3000 BDX and the LRF2800 and I really want a LRF than can do range solution with multiple zero offsets without having to connect to a phone/kestrel/garmin/etc. I don't even mind having to buy a 5700 with the applied ballistic elite license ...

The 3000 bdx is not for you then unless the built in sw can support offsets. You can't upload to it, and you don't want to send to a kestrel. The Leica doesn't support this either.

I accomplish this by using the kestrel and the leica. Once i spin the kestrel and lock the environmental data i put it back in the holder in my pack it in my pants pocket. Then i only use the leica.

Interesting. But I don't suppose you can upload the ballistic curve to the Kilo 3000 and be able to compute a solution without the Garmin ? I'm hesitating between the Kilo 2400 ABS, the 3000 BDX and the LRF2800 and I really want a LRF than can do range solution with multiple zero offsets without having to connect to a phone/kestrel/garmin/etc. I don't even mind having to buy a 5700 with the applied ballistic elite license ...
I recommend you go to the a local rifle club match and use folks on the line. Try before you buy. Or one better link u with hide members in you're are possible then try it out. Just a thought. The guys in my club do that and help each other spend money

Reactions: seansmd
What’s a better option to pair up with the Kilo 3000, The Garmin 701 or use a Kestrel ?

Does the 701 provide all atmospherics minus wind?

I love my Garmin. Buy the Tempe add on and it does all but wind. I love running it with my Sig 2400 BDX.

It has several better features than Kestrel, including faster processor and bigger screen.

Reactions: plamia2
I love my Garmin. Buy the Tempe add on and it does all but wind. I love running it with my Sig 2400 BDX.

It has several better features than Kestrel, including faster processor and bigger screen.
I havent used the Garmin, hoping someone at the club has one I can say with for the day

Took mine out to check on their laser performance and see how they do for me.

It didn't matter what I tried ranging, 2000m was it. And my laser wasn't even in the circle physically. It hit about 2m below it at 300m.

And when I took the cap off to tripod mount them, it left a plastic post in the binoculars.

Yeah - sig is getting a talking to about these.

I had a very good experience getting mine fixed. They’ll take care of you I’m sure.

You talking about the 701? I got one and use it with my 3000BDX. I will be around at Pala and the SMGC matches.
Awesome and just like that someone from the club helps out make sure I could play with a piece of gear in checking out prada possibly Purchasing something

Reactions: seansmd
Hi sorry to resurrect this thread, but I can't find the info I need, I tried searching some key words but with no luck.

My Kilo3000 range finder works, but it won't send the correct data to the scope.
The scope either stays on 0, or moves to the end of the post out side range. So ranging 250m it sits at the bottom of the elevation post.
I found info somewhere about it possibly being a missing key from when they were sent but can't for the life of me find the link again. Does this sound familiar to anyone and if so could you post me the link?

I spoke to customer service and they said they had heard of it on other models but not the kilo3000.

I also have the kilobdx1800 and that sends correct data to the scope.
I noticed the kilo3000 isn't always showing the range in the app and will say Range 0.0 even though the HUD says the distance, eg 250 meters.

Side note if it helps anyone:
My kilobdx1800 died last night during the firmware update. Customer support said it may be working but not providing a read out and to try and force the firmware update which worked. To do this"

Scan for the device, it found it even though no read out in the eyepiece.
selected it.
go to the range finder page in the app (3rd down)
tap the name 10 times, this will prompt the "do you want to update firmware" message
say yes.

Luckily this fixed the issue for me on the 1800, so just wanted to pass it along in case it helps anyone else.

Cheers and thanks in advance.

I liked the BDX3000 quite a bit. Glass was good (not great), RF was exceptionally fast and reliable, and I thought the build quality overall was very nice. I did not like how easily the diopters turned (way to easy), and I did not care for the fact that the POA of the beam was at 6 o'clock and low, outside of the circle reticle. When aiming through the circle reticle you may get a reading at the very, very edge, but the POA was way off IMO. BDX was pretty slick.

Fyi I picked up a fresh pair a friend just bought... it appears sig has fixed the diopters. They were stiff as shit.

Reactions: Dooby
I wonder if we can send it back to Sig for this fix for free

I don't know what they did but I grabbed on and tried to twist... honestly thought they were accidentally partially glued. Took a bit of force and they began to move. They are tight. Proper tight.

I had brought a set of orings to hook him up and I was like well no problem here to solve.

I wondered the same about sending them in.

What outdoorsman tripod adapter is everybody using? Short or tall? Also is the universal stud what’s needed for the Sig kilo 3000?
Thanks in advance for replies.

That setup is awesome. Happen to remember what the make/model of the tripod components are?

That setup is awesome. Happen to remember what the make/model of the tripod components are?

Tactical Tripod makes it. It's the two head slaved version. I can run down everything bit by bit if you or anyone is interested. I've got some adds and mods for the full setup. It's got everything for a solo setup.

I haven't tried yet but I think I can put the whole pole with setup on a tall tripod. I've got to get a tall tripod.... so...

I’m definitely interested. I’ve actually been thinking about a setup like that, but hadn’t found anything that I really liked.

I’m definitely interested. I’ve actually been thinking about a setup like that, but hadn’t found anything that I really liked.

Lets see if I can remember everything.

From Tactical Tripod

- Standard Tactical Package with two slaved head mounts (right & left hand versions) with dowel pin modifications and Collet
- MOLLE carrying / storage case (recommended when buying extra rods)
- MOLLE pouch (recommended when buying slaved head mounts)
- Rod end cap adapter (see Adapters & Accessories page for photos & details)

- I ordered the Manfrotto adapter too but sent it back. You can buy ones from Amazon or B&H and modify them with JB Weld cheaper, and having a better fit. For the pins in the adapter plate Manfrotto actually makes them as spares. Plastic and easy to modify. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/776171-REG/manfrotto_r200_79_video_pins_for_select.html

Amazon

- RAM X-Grip Large Phone Mount with RAM Snap-Link Tough-Claw
- SIOTI Tripod Mini Ball Head Tripod Mount Head-Metal Ballhead 360° Pan 90° Tilt Tripod Mount with 1/4" Screw for Digital Camera/Compact DSLR/Cell Phone/Monopod/Gopro/Light Stand/Light House

B&H

- (x2) Manfrotto 323 RC2 Rapid Connect Adapter with 200PL-14 Quick Release Plate - Replaces 3299-Black
- Manfrotto Video Pins for Select Quick Release Plates (Set of 5)

Grainger

- Kipp Adj Handle, 1/4-20, Ext, 0.59, 1.85, Md, Ng Item # 3DEV9
- Kipp Adj Handle, 5/16-18, Int, 2.93, Md, Ng Item # 3DEK1

I modified the one head so it would accept a Kipp handle. You lose the ability to retain the knob normally because it is slaved, but now it is regained. I wanted the ability to lock the head on this side if needed, and modifying the head to clearance allows for normal function of everything else. Mostly unnecessary, but it can be done if you so choose. The other Kipp handle I swapped out the (very nice aluminum) knob on the rotational adjustment. I wanted more torque. It now matches the other side.

I think I can get another "rod end adapter" and screw in using the 1/4x20 into where a pan head or whatever would be on a tall tripod. I think it would be all stable as you could keep everything down low near the connection.

Throw your smart phone in with the Kestrel app, Sig app, etc and link everything. Now if only all three could be paired at the same time then your rocking. But as is just open Single Target in Kestral, set the dof, lock the weather, set to live wind, manually enter range from the sig. Now you have all you need in front of you on your phone. Set up a phone scope and now you can record shots and review from your phone in position. Many options for the teched out solo shooter.

Attachments

• 20191104_193840.jpg
    20191104_193840.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 20191104_193747.jpg
    20191104_193747.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 79
  • 20191104_193905.jpg
    20191104_193905.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 20191104_193916.jpg
    20191104_193916.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 20191104_194401.jpg
    20191104_194401.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 20191104_194101.jpg
    20191104_194101.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 20191104_194026.jpg
    20191104_194026.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 20191104_193946.jpg
    20191104_193946.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 20191104_194416.jpg
    20191104_194416.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 20191104_194600.jpg
    20191104_194600.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 85
More detailed pictures.

Attachments

• 20191104_203934.jpg
    20191104_203934.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 20191104_204036.jpg
    20191104_204036.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 20191104_204048.jpg
    20191104_204048.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 20191104_204126.jpg
    20191104_204126.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 20191104_204146.jpg
    20191104_204146.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 78
That’s awesome! I appreciate the detailed info. Gives me a lot of things to look for and think about.

Alright, I've read the whole thread. I know the Garmin 701 and kestrel 5700 pair just fine with the sigs. What about other stuff, say a kestrel 5500 sportsman that I can get significantly cheaper? The 5500 and 5700 have the same hardware from my understanding.

From what I understand, the discontinued sportsman is the same hardware as the 5700 (including the elite). In fact, any time you connect a sportsman to the Kestrel app, it will allow you to upgrade the firmware to the "standard" 5700 firmware. You could then later add the $190 upgrade to bump it up to the elite software. The only requirement for pairing with the 3000 BDX is to ensure that you have a sportsman with Link.

Reactions: plamia2
Right, that's my understanding as well. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some kind of software lock that would prevent it. Logic says it should work just fine.

There shouldn't be. I picked up this combo recently and the sportsman pairs with the Bushnell rangefinder without any problems. My intention is to ride it out with the included rangefinder for a little bit while I sock some cash away for some of these binoculars.

Having to likely send mine back tomorrow i keep getting unlucky with sig i guess. Dad's 2200bdx went out and now my 3000bdx, which has had very little use if any. Though they're pretty good about replacing them. It just stopped working just like dad's 2200bdx.

Just for thoroughness sake, maybe i'm missing something though? Anyone else have this issue?

• Wow
Reactions: TheMammoth
Having to likely send mine back tomorrow i keep getting unlucky with sig i guess. Dad's 2200bdx went out and now my 3000bdx, which has had very little use if any. Though they're pretty good about replacing them. It just stopped working just like dad's 2200bdx.

Just for thoroughness sake, maybe i'm missing something though? Anyone else have this issue?

move had mine replaced once but not for just going dead, for optical and performance issues. I think you’ll be happy with the replacement if you got an early unit, mine was much better.

Reactions: 5RWill
move had mine replaced once but not for just going dead, for optical and performance issues. I think you’ll be happy with the replacement if you got an early unit, mine was much better.
The thing is i really have no complaints for my pair. Glass is good enough and the rangefinder has been great. It just stopped working much like dads 2200bdx did last spring.

Reactions: TheMammoth
Just received mine yesterday. The adjustments on mine are very stiff, no problems with them turning on their own. Hopefully this means they have addressed the issue. I had ordered some of the appropriate o-rings ahead of time just in case, so if anyone needs to try the fix described earlier in the thread send me a PM and I’ll mail them out.

I can add that the ones I got earlier in the week also have very stiff diopters. SN 99A004415XXXX. Not sure if they will drift at high elevation, be awhile before I'll test that out.

Initial impressions are not bad in operation, I was really impressed they will range down to 0.9y, and have 0.1 yard resolution, bowhunters and archery target/3D shooters will really like that.

Sig did find a way to still screw the pooch though, reaffirming my believe their QC and R&D have tanked the last few years.

First no lens caps, combined with the dumbest case in history. If you hunt or use them in the field what happens, you get dirt, leaves, briars, twigs etc. everywhere, that case is a giant mouth waiting to get crap in it. Worse yet you get no lens caps and the objective lenses are only about 2mm recessed from the end of the housing barrels, lotta guys are going to have scratched lenses in a hurry.

Second, at least on mine while you can set the brightness and it goes very bright manually, the auto setting is WAY too dim in say medium light, light cloud overcast etc.

Third, and perhaps this is common in lower priced rangefinding binocs but the right lens (I assume it contains the range display) has a horrible blue/green tint similar to looking through an RMR. The left side has a yellow/orange tint, when looking through both you the color looks okay, but I'd be willing to bet that much tint is costing you light transmission.

The Sig does crush the Leica in display brightness. The "auto" brightness on the Leica is terrible, and it's been so ever since their first model. *IF* you are outside and in the same light conditions your target is in, it's not bad, however it's ambient light sensor is not based on the target. So if you are in a dark treeline, blind etc. and your target is in brighter conditions the leica display is so dim it's useless unless you put your hand over the lens or quickly pan somewhere dark. Plus Leica gives you zero option to manually set brightness. The Sig does a much better job of it's auto brightness being based on the target brightness. If you are a in a dark blind ranging bright targets it's display brightness is fine.

Also one interesting thing I noticed, perhaps wavelength related. The Leica will range easily through a glass window, the Sig will range the window itself.

Last edited:
I can add that the ones I got earlier in the week also have very stiff diopters. SN 99A004415XXXX. Not sure if they will drift at high elevation, be awhile before I'll test that out.

Initial impressions are not bad in operation, I was really impressed they will range down to 0.9y, and have 0.1 yard resolution, bowhunters and archery target/3D shooters will really like that.

Sig did find a way to still screw the pooch though, reaffirming my believe their QC and R&D have tanked the last few years.

First no lens caps, combined with the dumbest case in history. If you hunt or use them in the field what happens, you get dirt, leaves, briars, twigs etc. everywhere, that case is a giant mouth waiting to get crap in it. Worse yet you get no lens caps and the objective lenses are only about 2mm recessed from the end of the housing barrels, lotta guys are going to have scratched lenses in a hurry.

Second, at least on mine while you can set the brightness and it goes very bright manually, the auto setting is WAY too dim in say medium light, light cloud overcast etc.

Third, and perhaps this is common in lower priced rangefinding binocs but the right lens (I assume it contains the range display) has a horrible blue/green tint similar to looking through an RMR.

Try trading these out for a new pair. My first set had a lot of these issues but my replacement set has none of them.

So I'd really like to get a Kilo 3000 but it seems that Amazon has by far the best price and I'd rather not deal with them and get an older model that doesn't have the upgrades and I'd like to deal with a vendor on here.

Does anyone know where I can get a new (already fixed) model for a reasonable price?

CameraLandNY is a good place, I'm pretty sure they can come real close to that Amazon price.
I think the only real "upgrade" is the tightened diopters. Some complain about a blue tint in the right barrel, but I got a set with loose diopters and I don't see that, so that may be hit or miss.
Also, I'm not certain anyone knows for sure at what point the diopters were tightened up. I doubt anyone is going to go cut a bunch of boxes open to test for you, but maybe they can pick one out of their latest shipment from Sig.

Reactions: Doozy