• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Silencer (can) cover for 22LR

PepperX

Private
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2021
Ohio
Have a Dead Air Mask HD22 and am looking for a nice looking can cover for it. I know it doesn't get hot enough to mess with the sight picture through optics.
Would be nice to find something quality that I don't have to cut down myself and actually fits the can.

I'd rather spend $75 on more ammo, but it's your money. The covers are great for suppressors that create a mirage, but I've never had that problem with a 22...I have the AG cover on my 308 and 223 suppressors, they are great items.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
The main reason behind wanting this is that with my 16.5" barrel, and a 5.1" DA Mask, my silencer is actually what makes contact with the rifle stands at my local NRL22 match. Even though the racks are wood I don't want them scratching or damaging what I waited 51 weeks to get.

I'm hoping you are meaning that the rifle is sitting in a holding rack, and not while you are shooting. I've had the same issue, and I just put an oven mitt over the suppressor when it's laying in the rack, a $5 solution. Or you could just use the little cover/bag the suppressor came with while it's in the rack.

Last edited:
TAB made a custom cover for my .30cal can years ago. You might give them a call or email and ask them.

I personally wouldn't waste the money to just add more weight to can. But that's just me.

I went with the dish mat and vet wrap route for my Mask. Then I realized I didn't really need it and now my can is naked again.

Reactions: nikonNUT
You can easily roll your own...welding cloth (aka carbon felt) and secure it with Tesa wire harness tape. It may not come in MultiCam, but black is never out of style. Easily removed, not damage to suppressor. Less than $25 on Amazon, and you have enough materials to make several suppressor covers.

Have a Dead Air Mask HD22 and am looking for a nice looking can cover for it. I know it doesn't get hot enough to mess with the sight picture through optics.
Would be nice to find something quality that I don't have to cut down myself and actually fits the can.
So if it doesn't need it, why complicate things by adding another variable?

So if it doesn't need it, why complicate things by adding another variable?
OP is worried about scratching up his new suppressor while the gun is resting in a wooden gun rack....the rifle is too short for the gun rack, which is causing the suppressor to rest directly on the wooden supports.

A cloth suppressor cover isn't going to affect shooting in any way.

Reactions: PepperX
OP is worried about scratching up his new suppressor while the gun is resting in a wooden gun rack....the rifle is too short for the gun rack, which is causing the suppressor to rest directly on the wooden supports.

A cloth suppressor cover isn't going to affect shooting in any way.
Nothing said about wooden gun rack and any additional weight will change barrel harmonics.

Nothing said about wooden gun rack and any additional weight will change barrel harmonics.
Read post #5. And if you zero your rifle with the suppressor and cover attached, nothing will change between shots.