• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Silencer Central suppressors don't buy

They're suppressors look nice they are quiet but I was totally new to suppressors I talked to them on the phone and at the time I felt confident so I I bought a banished 30 and here are the reasons I would not buy from silence or Central

I would not buy a suppressor from this company for the following reasons. First they're 30-day guarantee is not 30 days it starts after the ATF did their approval which in my case was three weeks before I received my suppressor so I really only had one week of a 30-day guarantee

The other reason is when I bought this suppressor they never told me that I could not use it on pistols! I am totally new to suppressors he asked if I had any other firearms I told him I had some pistols he asked if I wanted to buy one for my nine millimeter but I told him no I figured they were just trying to make another $1,000 sale but after I told him no he never said you know you can't use this on anything but a rifle!

The last reason I won't buy one from them is I called them within 30 days from the day I received my suppressor to discuss the things that I mentioned above and using they're 30-day guarantee the man I talked to said I have to look into this and I'll get back with you well that was two weeks ago so I called back today to find out that they won't honor their guarantee and they tried to say it's because I was over my 30 days and because I used my 30 caliber suppressor with my 9 mm which only had eight or nine rounds put through it they never told me that I could not do any of that but that's how this company does business so I would not buy from them.
19e848fc-5863-42bf-ac2b-d2547073c251_15548582871515.gif

Ok devils advocate here. It says rimfire to .300 weatherby, it does not specifically say no pistols. Note this is a range of calibers not firearms types. A lot of pistol caliber fall within this range. Now as far as the 9mm being a larger diameter than max allowed well someone more creative than moi will have to take over from here.
9mm>.3”

Just in case anyone was wondering.

Ok devils advocate here. It says rimfire to .300 weatherby, it does not specifically say no pistols. Note this is a range of calibers not firearms types. A lot of pistol caliber fall within this range. Now as far as the 9mm being a larger diameter than max allowed well someone more creative than moi will have to take over from here.
No. It says "rimfire and rifle calibers." That necessarily excludes everything else.

Reactions: alamo5000
I saw a very well respected (and expensive) 30 cal suppressor ruined when it was screwed on a discount 300 blackout pistol ar barrel, after channel locks and three grown men were used to remove the flash hider. Any sane human could see the can was crooked when they screwed it on but the threads were the right size right? While destroying the suppressor the expert in the group was sure the reason it was shooting 10 feet left of the target was because the bullets were tumbling due to using subs. I couldn’t take it anymore and left the range. I will almost guarantee the owner claimed warranty. Nothing is surprising anymore, which is sad.
Kyle

Reactions: stefan73
No. It says "rimfire and rifle calibers." That necessarily excludes everything else.
Say whut? Maybe the op has a 9mm ar pistol? Oh you smarty pants di'nt think of that did yuh?

It states rimfire to rifle calibers to .300 weatherby. The "rifle calibers" is the important part here.

What?
You mean people have a responsibility to know what they are doing???
Weird.

Like people lined up to abort babies and say they didnt know they could get pregnant doin it doggy style.

Depends on whether you're in the upstairs room or the downstairs.
We don't account for door/curtain leakage...

To be honest, I'm surprised the original post was real. I was sure no one could really be stupid enough to put a .30 caliber device on a 9mm barrel and fire it, then publicly admit it. Guess I was wrong.

But, but, 30 is bigger than 9.
ETA: Well, sheeyut, @2aBaCa beat me to it.

Last edited:
They're suppressors look nice they are quiet but I was totally new to suppressors I talked to them on the phone and at the time I felt confident so I I bought a banished 30 and here are the reasons I would not buy from silence or Central

I would not buy a suppressor from this company for the following reasons. First they're 30-day guarantee is not 30 days it starts after the ATF did their approval which in my case was three weeks before I received my suppressor so I really only had one week of a 30-day guarantee

The other reason is when I bought this suppressor they never told me that I could not use it on pistols! I am totally new to suppressors he asked if I had any other firearms I told him I had some pistols he asked if I wanted to buy one for my nine millimeter but I told him no I figured they were just trying to make another $1,000 sale but after I told him no he never said you know you can't use this on anything but a rifle!

The last reason I won't buy one from them is I called them within 30 days from the day I received my suppressor to discuss the things that I mentioned above and using they're 30-day guarantee the man I talked to said I have to look into this and I'll get back with you well that was two weeks ago so I called back today to find out that they won't honor their guarantee and they tried to say it's because I was over my 30 days and because I used my 30 caliber suppressor with my 9 mm which only had eight or nine rounds put through it they never told me that I could not do any of that but that's how this company does business so I would not buy from them.

OP, @nmscuba

I'm so very proud of you.

You somehow made the mismatched threads line up without seeking advice from the vendor, fellow shooters, or anyone really. That shows great initiative and slight ingenuity.

Since you managed to squeeze 8-9 9mm rounds down the pipe... well it sounds like you have a new 9mm suppressor. Good on you for "making it fit" and saving money on having to buy another suppressor. The asshats here that are trying to make you feel bad are just jealous that they've pissed away cash on multiple pistol and rifle suppressors, and your one-size-fits-all solution never truly occured to them.

Since your warranty is nil, may as well continue bubba'ing (modifying) away on your frankenstein; but beware of caps or baffles that come off, since no one but the ATF (sometimes) comprehends what constitutes an illegal suppressor part. I highly recommend you immediately rename and repurpose any parts that may have flown off and remain in your possession (e.g. "vasco-pulmonary carborator filter")

In all seriousness, Silencer Central will not help you because you did not heed their instructions; but we BOTH know real men don't read instructions, we just DO stuff. Who needs warranties anyways, poors? HA!

Please send a photo of your creation. I too want a truly multicaliber suppressor.

Sincerely,

Sammich

Does it really need to state rifle or pistol?

Its a 30 cal can. 9mm doesn’t fit through a 30 cal can. That’s all that truly matters here
It's one of those metric conversion issues like what happened to the Hubble Telescope. Not the OP's fault, it is the fault of those here in the USA that refuse to comply with the metric system. If we would call .30 cal 7.62mm like the rest of the world, this unfortunate state of affairs might have been avoided. Even first graders in the EU understand that 7.62<9. In fact, even most idiots here in the USA understand that 7.62<9. However, even so-called astute folks, like those building a multi-billion dollar space telescope, can get confused understanding that .30 cal < 9 mm.

Can someone help me find the sarcasm font function?

By the way...if you leave off the decimal point... 30 cal is, indeed, larger than 9mm.

Reactions: NateSavannah
It's one of those metric conversion issues like what happened to the Hubble Telescope. Not the OP's fault, it is the fault of those here in the USA that refuse to comply with the metric system. If we would call .30 cal 7.62mm like the rest of the world, this unfortunate state of affairs might have been avoided. Even first graders in the EU understand that 7.62<9. In fact, even most idiots here in the USA understand that 7.62<9. However, even so-called astute folks, like those building a multi-billion dollar space telescope, can get confused understanding that .30 cal < 9 mm.

Can someone help me find the sarcasm font function?

By the way...if you leave off the decimal point... 30 cal is, indeed, larger than 9mm.
you bring up a valid point that would likely confuse anyone who was brought up on common core math. but than again anything that has numbers in it confuses someone brought up on common core math.

"Refuse to comply with the metric system?"

What in the holy hell is that suppose to mean?

Did the Goobermint create some mandatory compliance EO/Law?

Did they forget to tell us?

Maybe they wrote it in MOA instead of MILs.

Fuck!! Now I'm corn fuzed.

• Haha
Wow. The OP may be the dumbest person on this suppressor forum, but a few of the other commenters here are pretty close. (Not talking about those being sarcastic.) IMO stupidity should hurt and the OP got off easy.

As to how he did it - typical 30 cal cans are 5/8-24 thread, and 9mm pistols are 1/2-28. Adapters between those two threads are available from a number of different sources, I don’t see anything surprising about being able to physically attach the two.

Wow. The OP may be the dumbest person on this suppressor forum, but a few of the other commenters here are pretty close. (Not talking about those being sarcastic.) IMO stupidity should hurt and the OP got off easy.

As to how he did it - typical 30 cal cans are 5/8-24 thread, and 9mm pistols are 1/2-28. Adapters between those two threads are available from a number of different sources, I don’t see anything surprising about being able to physically attach the two.

That should have been his first clue...

It truly surprises me how many people have tons of discretionary funds, but they severely lack intelligence and common sense.

Enjoy the Suppressor.

Its not their fault you didn't research the can a little bit further. I bet you could use it on a fixed barrel 22 pistol.

Guarantee BANISH SUPPRESSORS

If your BANISH™ Suppressor doesn’t significantly reduce the report of your firearm, as well as recoil, we’ll buy it back within 30 days – no questions asked! After your Form 4 is approved, you may return your suppressor to BANISH for a full refund in the form of a Gift Certificate (tax stamp not included). All returns must be within 30 days of your Form 4 approval date.
Sure, but due to the CLEO notification process after approval, it can take almost a month after ATF approval for the customer to have the supressor in hand. I only have anecdotal evidence for this in the form of 2 friends' experience with them. 🤷‍♂️ I'll have first hand knowledge soon as I currently have a can from them in jail.

Sure, but due to the CLEO notification process after approval, it can take almost a month after ATF approval for the customer to have the supressor in hand. I only have anecdotal evidence for this in the form of 2 friends' experience with them. 🤷‍♂️ I'll have first hand knowledge soon as I currently have a can from them in jail.

While the CLEO for your jurisdiction must be notified, there is no action required on his behalf:

It's not clear what causes the delay between approval and stamp-in-hand, but this ain't it.

Reactions: Huskydriver
Which silencer company has the best warranty?

I want to use a .22 rifle muffler on my .45 cal CZ97 because it’s too loud to shoot in the living room. Is there a special adapter needed to attach this?

I can thread my own barrel no problem because my dad was a plumber and have lots of pipe thread dies that might fit. I have some special tacticool oil for this task that will make sure the job is done perfect.

My brother’s cousin’s sister’s husband said it would work as long as I broke it in first with steel core penetrator bullets. He knows this because he was a Special Forces Green Beret Ranger Seal Team 6 operator in ‘Nam.

While the CLEO for your jurisdiction must be notified, there is no action required on his behalf:

It's not clear what causes the delay between approval and stamp-in-hand, but this ain't it.
Correct, something is causing a delay and this was their (Silencer Central's) answer that it "could take some time to recieve confirmation the CLEO is notified."

After talking with the ATF examiner last week over an issue with my local dealer that has caused all sorts of BS and confusion, the conversation went to the 2 of my first 3 stamp approvals. She said that they send them out in batches to the dealers, and not immediately upon approval. So, I’m guessing that could be what causes the delay. Some folks might have been approved closer or farther away from the date the stamps got sent. So I’m guessing this is what reflects the fluctuations in “stamp-in-hand” times.

The most recent claim is that examiners are working from home, and they only go into the office every ~2 weeks to drop off approved forms. That makes sense, but doesn't explain why this has been going on since well before the pandemic.

One can speculate to his heart's content as to what the real cause is, but it doesn't change the fact that this is basically an established part of the waiting game.

Reactions: FuhQ
I have a Varminter 3.0 I've used a few years now. I used it at Marc and Frank's class this year, I was very satisfied with how it has performed. I also have a Coastal Guns 7.62 supressor, it's a heavy bastard but built like a tank. I got them both from Silencer Central when they were Dakota Silencer. I was very satisfied how easy they make all the red tape. I'll use them again when I get to that point again.

Reactions: SilencerCentral
I have a Varminter 3.0 I've used a few years now. I used it at Marc and Frank's class this year, I was very satisfied with how it has performed. I also have a Coastal Guns 7.62 supressor, it's a heavy bastard but built like a tank. I got them both from Silencer Central when they were Dakota Silencer. I was very satisfied how easy they make all the red tape. I'll use them again when I get to that point again.
Looking forward to having you as a customer again when you're ready!

1st post since joining in 2012

I’m thinking frank has created a cache of accounts just to bring up after a while, post something completely retarded and let us have our fun and burn our best memes and energy on them. Takes a bit off the other new guys

If this a legit post then please don’t think all of us from Northern Michigan are this stupid

OP if this is serious, which I doubt it is, your suppressor isn’t rated for a pistol because a 9/40/45 cal won’t fit through a 30 cal hole (9 rounds later and it may fit now) If this doesn’t make sense try putting your wedding ring on your cock and it should clarify the situation

This is very possibly the damn funniest and memographical response I have ever seen! lol, kudos!

Well, when the shoe don’t fit….surprised you didn’t learn one of those life lessons which involve a lot of pain and a trip to the ER.

No kidding though. Asking the right questions after a bit of research would have gotten you the answers you needed. Relying on a sales person to read your mind or expect that you don’t have a clue about calibers and threading differences on weapons you obviously didn’t tell him/her about is using hope as a tactic.
Putting just enough fuel in an airplane to run it till the wheels touch down means a nasty crash eventually.

1st post since joining in 2012

I’m thinking frank has created a cache of accounts just to bring up after a while, post something completely retarded and let us have our fun and burn our best memes and energy on them. Takes a bit off the other new guys

If this a legit post then please don’t think all of us from Northern Michigan are this stupid

OP if this is serious, which I doubt it is, your suppressor isn’t rated for a pistol because a 9/40/45 cal won’t fit through a 30 cal hole (9 rounds later and it may fit now) If this doesn’t make sense try putting your wedding ring on your cock and it should clarify the situation

This is very possibly the damn funniest and memographical response I have ever seen! lol, kudos!
So you join the Hide today and make two posts. Both of which are busting the OP's balls. Classy.

You say you're from northern MI. Let me guess, Mancelona? Birthplace of the toothbrush. Had it been invented anywhere else, it would be called a teethbrush.

So you join the Hide today and make two posts. Both of which are busting the OP's balls. Classy.

You say you're from northern MI. Let me guess, Mancelona? Birthplace of the toothbrush. Had it been invented anywhere else, it would be called a teethbrush.
Ummm, no. Not MI. And, you should look at 1. The OP and 2. The post I quoted. Actually had little to do with the original post. Second post did. This is pretty obviously a troll post and not for real. How do I know? The OP didn’t mention a hospital stay being involved.
Also, your first post to a new member shows you didn’t read the post/comment, nor the thread. Seems like you just want to either start a fight, run your mouth, or just be disagreeable.
Have a nice day and remember, it only takes one shot. 😊

Ummm, no. Not MI. And, you should look at 1. The OP and 2. The post I quoted. Actually had little to do with the original post. Second post did. This is pretty obviously a troll post and not for real. How do I know? The OP didn’t mention a hospital stay being involved.
Also, your first post to a new member shows you didn’t read the post/comment, nor the thread. Seems like you just want to either start a fight, run your mouth, or just be disagreeable.
Have a nice day and remember, it only takes one shot. 😊
#1 " If this a legit post then please don’t think all of us from Northern Michigan are this stupid " Your words, not mine.

#2 I read your posts and reached the conclusion that you like to hear yourself talk.

#3 " Have a nice day and remember, it only takes one shot. 😊 " If that's a threat, you're even dumber than I thought.

#1 " If this a legit post then please don’t think all of us from Northern Michigan are this stupid " Your words, not mine.

#2 I read your posts and reached the conclusion that you like to hear yourself talk.

#3 " Have a nice day and remember, it only takes one shot. 😊 " If that's a threat, you're even dumber than I thought.
Uh, you really need to learn how to read. Not my post. You miss-clicked. Go back and try again. Not my post you are ranting about.

Uh, you really need to learn how to read. Not my post. You miss-clicked. Go back and try again. Not my post you are ranting about.
And, that comment is pretty well know among shooters. Sniper bar, it only takes one shot. And your quote number one isn’t from any post I made. Sooooo….if your intent was to show everyone that you can’t distinguish between who posts what, you have succeeded! Not to mention being an ass. Wonder why people get the impression that forums are unfriendly. Check yourself.

And, that comment is pretty well know among shooters. Sniper bar, it only takes one shot. And your quote number one isn’t from any post I made. Sooooo….if your intent was to show everyone that you can’t distinguish between who posts what, you have succeeded! Not to mention being an ass. Wonder why people get the impression that forums are unfriendly. Check yourself.
One more thing, the post I quoted was by click and paste. To remove your confusion. Go back in the thread and see for yourself. Original post (which I copy/pasted wasn’t my post.

One more thing, the post I quoted was by click and paste. To remove your confusion. Go back in the thread and see for yourself. Original post (which I copy/pasted wasn’t my post.
And, if you ACTUALLY READ IT it is pretty apparent what was being said by whom. But, you didn’t.