• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

sinclair bullet seating depth tool for AI ?

ace of hearts

Private
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2013
1. Has anyone used the sinclair bullet seating depth tool for an AI AX, and which guide works? (they don't list one with AI compatibility). I called brownells, but the "gun tech" asked me if accuracy international was a remington clone (sigh)

2. I am open to other suggestions, the hornady lock and load looks good, but I cant find the 6.5 creedmoor modified case around anywhere (anyone know where I can pick one up?).

3. I have read the rod stop method detailed in the sticky in the reloading section, and I may end up using that method, but it makes my skin crawl a bit to be putting rods down the muzzle.

Thanks for any wisdom

Last edited:
Not a thing wrong with the hornady OAL gauge. Copper creek carries Cases for the hornady gauge for 6 creedmoor, maybe it's worth a shot to see if they have them or can make one for 6.5. I'd call them.

Not a thing wrong with the hornady OAL gauge. Copper creek carries Cases for the hornady gauge for 6 creedmoor, maybe it's worth a shot to see if they have them or can make one for 6.5. I'd call them.

That was excellent advice. I just called Copper Creek and ordered one, to think of all the time I have spent scouring the internet for one in stock... I should have just asked here first!