• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Single-stack XD45. ???

turbo54

Mr. 7mm
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2010
Michigan
Just noticed the ad banner for the XD45 "S".

Here's more:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/springfield-armory-xds/

Oughtta be interesting, though I gave up on XDs years ago, in favor of the Glocks. Seems like nothing new. There's the Kahr PM45, and even the Glock36, which is the black sheep of the Austrian lineup.

I have a G36, which I thought was gonna be the end-all be-all CCW piece, but it doesn't pocket carry well at all, and I carry my PM9 WAY more.

We'll see.

Re: Single-stack XD45. ???

Doesn't look too bad. I think I'll have to play with it at the NRA Convention.

I saw the banner a few days go and was very interested. I look forward to hearing some opinions on them.

I remember reading about these during SHOT. A lot of folks were bitching about the posted weight spec: 29 oz. Around 10 oz fatter than a comparable Glock? If that doesn't bother you, it looks like a pretty sweet weapon to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Leadberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember reading about these during SHOT. A lot of folks were bitching about the posted weight spec: 29 oz. Around 10 oz fatter than a comparable Glock? If that doesn't bother you, it looks like a pretty sweet weapon to me. </div></div>

That weight was a misque. The actual weight is 21.5 oz. I ordered one today.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fpdsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Leadberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember reading about these during SHOT. A lot of folks were bitching about the posted weight spec: 29 oz. Around 10 oz fatter than a comparable Glock? If that doesn't bother you, it looks like a pretty sweet weapon to me. </div></div>

smile.gif
</div></div>

Mind sharing your rationale? I'm curious what folks find attractive in this...?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Mind sharing your rationale? I'm curious what folks find attractive in this...? </div></div>

The gun itself doesn't seem that special. Maybe for people that already shoot XDs?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JW Snydes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Mind sharing your rationale? I'm curious what folks find attractive in this...? </div></div>

The gun itself doesn't seem that special. Maybe for people that already shoot XDs? </div></div>

That's why I got a Glock 36. I shoot Glocks, and I like 45. The 36 seemed like a natural fit in theory. In practice though, it doesn't pocket carry, so it's strapped on the belt...where the higher capacity G30 could be instead. For me, the little singlestack 45 just didn't solve anything.

I know a lot of folks hate carrying doublestacks though, and the thickness sucks for them. I guess the singles would be a godsend for them? The doubles and associated thickness never bothered me - having to "install" my sidearm when getting home from work bothers me - which is why the PM9 in my pocket is my end all be all EDC.

Not many, if any, .45 ACPs pocket carry well. However, I have carried one in the front pocket of a pair of Wranglers in summer heat sans sport coat. For pocket carry a S&W Chief's in any of its many versions is the best thing going.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fpdsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Leadberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember reading about these during SHOT. A lot of folks were bitching about the posted weight spec: 29 oz. Around 10 oz fatter than a comparable Glock? If that doesn't bother you, it looks like a pretty sweet weapon to me. </div></div>

smile.gif
</div></div>

when is the est. shipping date?

Yeah I saw it on a banner a couple weeks ago myself and after checking into have become very interested.
According to specs looks thinner than the Walther PPS.

I have a Glock 36 which definitely does not work for me in a pocket. I would love to have a .45 pocket gun.

I think this XDs will be right at the limits of practical for pocket carry. Although it is the same height as an LC9 (which is an easy pocket gun for me), it is half an inch longer and 4 ounces heavier unloaded. Loaded with six .45 acp I presume it will be heavier still than an LC9 with seven 9 mm.

To me the real key is the slim width (under 1") which makes me think this may work in a front cargo pocket. I can't see carrying it in jeans.