• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Small light to see turret adjustments?

Kinda like the 1st - 2nd rev indicator windows on the Schmidt Bender turret. Put tritium on the inside and it'll only glow out the back to the shooter's eye.

1705351120229.png

Last edited:
Ha Ha I got all kinds of ideas I just don't have the resources to make them happen....LOL
I lack ideas and resources, but I have the skill set. Went to school for Mechanical Engineering, and the loans are eating up a lot of resources.

Getting into long range shooting as away to exercise my brain. This light is the first project idea that I have had.

Get a S&B with More Tactile Turrets. I can dial mine with my eyes closed.

Well, we may have to wait till 2037 to get a light-up turret unless a scope manufacturer buys the patent outright. Additionally, the previously mentioned Zero-Light from Iota Outdoors has a standing patent for basically any light mounted on a scoped weapon (e.g., a light that attaches to view into the chamber).

Attachments

• US10054399.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
  • US9829277.pdf
    1,019.7 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: sinister
Anyone know of a small light that can be mounted in a way (possibly on the scope tube) to see turret adjustments in a low light situation. I was hunting yesterday evening and ranged a couple nice bucks 300-400yds and I went to adjust my elevation turret, but could barley see the numbers/lines. Yeah I know I could use a small flashlight, but I am talking just enough light (preferably red) to see the numbers/lines...... @Tyler Kemp maybe this could be a new product?
Update: this is my light that I was able to make. It’s a cr2032 battery holder, plastic tube, a clamp, and an led light.

$50 to make 5 assuming you have a hot glue gun.

Attachments

• IMG_2971.jpeg
    IMG_2971.jpeg
    389.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2969.jpeg
    IMG_2969.jpeg
    556.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2968.jpeg
    IMG_2968.jpeg
    422.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2967.jpeg
    IMG_2967.jpeg
    361.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2966.jpeg
    IMG_2966.jpeg
    222.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 72756269809__5E7A3873-1A2F-4BFA-AC9C-E1EBD8C62B4C.jpeg
    72756269809__5E7A3873-1A2F-4BFA-AC9C-E1EBD8C62B4C.jpeg
    232.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 72756268097__C0D26664-7879-4870-9FB1-A4347B1D56F5.jpeg
    72756268097__C0D26664-7879-4870-9FB1-A4347B1D56F5.jpeg
    305.5 KB · Views: 43
These Photon keychain lights are top quality and made in USA. Batteries are replaceable. They make hooded ones and other colors too:

Take the keychain off, obv, and tape, Velcro, or glue it to your setup (or clip to your hat).
If I remember correctly those are super-bright -- WAY brighter than a tritium key fob or mini-chemlight.

This is a pilot's LED finger light for helicopter pilots under goggles. You can probably tape it around your scope tube:

finger light.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: carbonbased
If I remember correctly those are super-bright -- WAY brighter than a tritium key fob or mini-chemlight.

This is a pilot's LED finger light for helicopter pilots under goggles. You can probably tape it around your scope tube:

View attachment 8331187
Oh yeah, you’re right the white one is BRIGHT for its size. My bad. It would work fine if you treat it like a flashlight.

I don’t own the Photon red/green/blue/orange/NV/IR versions, so can’t comment on how bright those are.

Reactions: sinister

View attachment 8331187
The finger light looks like the best off the shelf option. I used these clamp to attach mine. I can’t tell if the finger light has a hook and loop strap or a elastic one. Hook and loop would be best otherwise you could glue it to a clamp.

Attachments

• IMG_2972.png
    IMG_2972.png
    1,021.4 KB · Views: 25
Burris Veracity PH solves this problem entirely. There is a HUD within the scope. You load your DOPE into the Burris app, upload to the scope via Bluetooth and you’re done. No connection necessary.

Your ballistics data is now stored in the scope so after you range your target, you go to the scope and dial. The distance will be in the HUD so no need to look at turret to dial a value.

I’ve dialed before in low light in a blind and couldn’t read numbers on turret. Had to pull rifle into blind and use my phone light. It was a cluster and I knew there had to be a better way.

I bought the Gen II and about to buy another one. Great ED glass and so far functions well.

IMG_9855.png