• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Smart Kid

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    HIALEAH, Fla. – Police say two would-be burglars were thwarted by a child when they broke into what they thought was an unoccupied home on President's Day.

Authorities say a 12-year-old girl was home alone Monday when she heard someone knock on the front door about 1 p.m. The sixth-grader hid in the closet and called 911 on her cell phone.

She stayed on the phone with the dispatcher, who sent police to the home.

The men tried to leave through the back of the house, but gates kept them on the property. By the time they opened the front door, they were met by more than a dozen officers, a SWAT team and K-9 unit.

Two men — 25-year-old Michel Torres and 35-year-old Pedro Estrada — face burglary charges.

The girl was not harmed.

Re: Smart Kid

they were met by more than a dozen officers, a SWAT team and K-9 unit.

monkey-reaction-face.jpg

hory shit

That girls parents should have not left her home by herself! I bet she was plenty scared....I'm just glad to read that she had the presence of mind to hide and call for help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nostradumbass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That girls parents should have not left her home by herself! I bet she was plenty scared....I'm just glad to read that she had the presence of mind to hide and call for help.</div></div>

That sounds all well and good on paper but in the real world there are a lot of people who don't have the resources to have some one there with there kids. My parents were in that boat at one time and me and my brother were left at home for about an hour every day from the time i was 8 till i was eleven when we moved into my grandparents basement. Things were tight and my parents did the best they could with what they had. For that matter there were a lot of people were I grew up that were alot worse off than us I know men who were expected to work in the wood from the time they were 10 years old give of=r take because they had to to help feed the family. It is just a fact of life for the poor that the standards set by the haves don't work for them they don't have the money.

That's a smart kid! It's great to hear stories that end this way.

@dumbass - My parents started leaving me home by myself for a few hours here and there when I was 11 or 12. I knew what to do in case of break-in, fire, bad weather, or boredom. Clearly, this girl's parents taught her to be smart and it paid off in spades.