• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Smith and Wesson revolver magician

Speedarino

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2017
Did anybody know a gunsmith on Highway 29 W. Georgetown Texas around 1999 to 2000. I am told that he left Texas several years ago for his great reward. I believe his first name was Ben and that he worked some for Jerry Miculek.
Just curious if anyone knew him and would like to discuss the work that he did for them. A couple of friends had tuneups on old S&W revolvers he did and they were slick as a gut. Sometimes someone(apprentice or relative) picks up the trade like when Bob Munden went home. Is there a master Smith&Wesson/Colt revolver Doctor in that area now?

Randy Lee is amazing, an engineer by training who now runs Apex Tactical. His work with revolvers is incredible. Well known and respected in the competition world...but he's in Arizona

Last I knew Randy was not working on revos anymore.

Tom Killhoffer at TK Moonclips is still doing revo work.

Check the Smith& Wesson forum. Plenty of good recommendations there. Sucks there's no one in the central Tx area anymore. I have a 686 I'd like tuned up.

Ron Power from Gravois Mills MO. worked on them years ago. No idea now. The best way to get a perfect Smith is to simply find one made prior to 1960 or so. Those old ones were simply tuned like watches. Guys working on Smith's are fading like the guns themselves.

Have you checked with ten ring precision in San Antonio?
I had them replace a barrel on a taurus revolver years ago, turn around was quick on that very simple job.

Ron Power from Gravois Mills MO. worked on them years ago. No idea now. The best way to get a perfect Smith is to simply find one made prior to 1960 or so. Those old ones were simply tuned like watches. Guys working on Smith's are fading like the guns themselves.
Mm :p a Ron power smith would be nice.