• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Smith wesson 1500, weatherby vanguard, Howa

toe42

Private
Minuteman
May 21, 2012
I have a S&W model 1500 long action that I have been doing some work to It and I would like to put a detachable magazine in it.. Do you guys know if they make such a thing in metal? I have seen the plastic ones on legacy and from weatherby.. Most BM's I have found are only for short actions. Any ideas? Does anyone have one of the polymer bottom metal kits? If so, what's the quality if them? Thanks

Re: Smith wesson 1500, weatherby vanguard, Howa

I believe CDI makes one for the Howard, but I don't know if they have it for the long action.

I haven't seen a DBM kit for a Howa long action. Remington long action? Sure. But not the Howa. Yet.

The only long action I have found is made by weatherby.. There has got to be one out there.. Does anybody make these things custom by chance?

You might Google Ken Farrell.

I was looking a long time for a rail that would fit a S&W 1500 short action. No luck until I talked to somebody at Badger Ordinance. He suggested Ken Farrell in Missouri. I'm not sure if they have what you need, but they had what I needed.
BB

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBlue&Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> CDI DBM

CDI is making DBM for the Howa long actions. </div></div>
Outstanding! I never thought I'd see the day when Howa <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">long actions</span></span> would be able to use Accuracy International mags. Let the planning begin!
laugh.gif

oh goodie!!!

Do anyone have a link to this?