• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Smokin' - Part three

AlabamaShooter

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2008
West Central Alabama: Tuscaloosa
I got to moonlight as a pitmaster at my buddy's restaurant today. I got to play on a big boy pit.
grin.gif
The fire is about 5-6 feet to the left so the smoke and heat is less intense.
Hour 1 results:
IMAG0017.jpg

Hour 3 results:
IMAG0020.jpg

I wasnt only smokin some ribs, here is my BBQ trifecta. Ribs, pork shoulder, and a split chicken
IMAG0021.jpg

If you guys are ever in the Tuscaloosa area on a Saturday look me up I can usually be found with my face in the smoke.
smile.gif

Re: Smokin' - Part three

Looks mighty tasty...and greetings to all from an FNG!

May I be so bold as to add my chicken from yesterday...

dinnertime.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a nice lookin bird, and the red always goes well with bird or smoked fish </div></div>

Thank you, Sir. Salt and pepper inside and out, about 5 hours in the smoker with the occasional chunk of pecan wood tossed in. The leftovers make an outstanding chicken salad as well.

Perfect smoke on that bird and the mahogany color is outstanding. Ya done real good there

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RJW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perfect smoke on that bird and the mahogany color is outstanding. Ya done real good there </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AlabamaShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GDvan01, thats a good looking chicken, the skin has a perfect color to it. </div></div>

Thank you, Gentlemen! Only my second chicken but I gotta tell ya'....that's some damn good eatin' if I say so myself!

Anyone got a napkin, I am drooling now. thats some delicious looking grub, giving me ideas for dinner this weekend

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LiLMann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok , cant figure out the picture thing so just click on it , these are 8-10 pound pork butts , after about 8 1/2 hours ,
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-...2_2910548_s.jpg </div></div>

I need to do a butt here soon now that I have the smoker. I did one a while back as part of a pulled BBQ recipe but on a regular Weber charcoal grill. Tasted good but that smoke flavor.....mmmm, mmm.