• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper Matches In Colorado ***with Pics***

This Saturday. Game on. Just like normal, send Chris an email telling him what match you plan on shooting. We only have 20 slots for the 9:00 match.

And, the dirt work on the 600 is complete. Chris, Brent and I spent a full day on a skid steer getting a bunch of small berms built. We will not be using the 600 this match, but starting April we will be up there and also shooting rimfires.

Is the match this Saturday in Pueblo ?

Yup. This Saturday and all 3rd Saturdays in Pueblo.

It turned out to be a really nice day. It was breezy, but mostly out of the south.

Try as hard as everyone could, nobody could turn out one last perfect score. Tim K came close. Very close.

The new scoresheets worked like a charm. Mike D is the man.

Next month we move up to the 600. So the high score for the match remains at 400 set by Brent *and* his daughter. In all the years of us shooting this match, only 2 perfect scores.

For a couple months we will run a morning and an afternoon PD match. I will let you all know exactly when the afternoon match will change. As soon as it does, the 9:00 match will be PD Targets and the 12:00 will be various sizes at random ranges.

The 9:00 match will cap at 25 shooters. So be sure to reply to Chris and make a reservation.

The 22 rimfire matches will start within a couple months. Depending on what you all want, they will be held at both the 9:00 and 12:00 matches.

Dont forget to mention to the PWSA President (Chris Skarmas) and other PWSA board members how much you appreciate us being able to shoot these matches at Pueblo. Without their support, these matches could easily go away.

See you all next weekend for the Tactical Rifle Match.

Hate to do it but the April match is a cancel.

Life got in the way of playtime for both Dino and I.

See you all in May, on the 600.

We will have a match this Saturday. If you want to shoot email Chris "at" 3gunstuff.com with name and what match you want to shoot, 9am or noon. Send email by 5pm Friday.

Also, the new rimfire targets are ready and will be there for everyone to take a look at. We will start using them next month.

Dont forget Saturday is the Pueblo PD match and Sunday is the Magnum match in Raton.

The NRA Whittington Center Magnum Rifle Match

Good times Saturday.

Offgrid absolutely kicked all our asses with his new Jon Beanland built rifle. He hit the 610 yard target 3 times in a row and didnt miss a target 31 times in a row. 370 is a new course record and its gonna be tough to beat.

Huge thanks to Team Steiner, Quickdraw and TommyTwoDogs for coming down early and helping with set-up. Thanks also to TimK, Offgrid and islandermyk for helping with tearing the match down. Couldnt *and* wouldnt do it without people helping.

After the match TimK and I did some shooting. A little suppressed 22 and some suppressed 338 Lapua. That Thunderbeast 338BA can is incredible. Shooting a 338 Lapua and not feling like you needed to wear ear plugs. From 20 feet away it was incredibly quiet. And shooting 22LR through a Thunderbeast 308 can was also very quiet.

Next month should include the rimfire targets. Have solid zeros from 50-175 yards.

The results went out yesterday. let me know if you didnt get them.

Both the Prairie Dog and Tactical Rifle matches for August 2013 are cancelled. I am hoping to be able to resume both matches in Sept.

Sorry.

Game on next Saturday. We will be on the 425 for a while.

We will also be using our new rimfire targets. Have zeros out to 150-175 or so.

Lots of people were there early to help. Dino and I tremendously appreciate it. We could and would not do it without you.

The rimfire targets worked as advertised. Farthest target was 120 yards and it was a 2.5 and a 5 inch circle. Close target was 50 yards and it was a .65 and 1.25 inch triangle. The shooter had the option of going for the points by shooting the little targets or half points on the big targets. A little strategy was involved. Kind of a "know your limits match" within a match.

Stewart set a new semi-auto record with his AR-10 chambered in 260. He also had the high score for the day of 370.

Hope to see you all next month.

Below is some pics of the new rimfire targets. Tim and I mainly shot the small targets to get the points while the wind was down.

Last edited:
Awesome job with set up and tear down. lots of people willing to help out. I got there about 7:30 and most of the heavy lifting had been done. All I had to do was move some rimfire targets around and we were ready.

Normally I hate shooting in the wind. But all in all the wind was not that bad. The blowing dirt and tumbleweeds is what made it suck while laying down.

The rimfire portion was pretty tough in that wind. Luckily the wind was down while we shot it. Once we get back up to the 600 yard range, seeing where you missed will be much easier. Hopefully allowing you to get a better read on the wind for your next shot.

And Dorgan brought out his new Chessie pup. Made my day.

See you all next month.

Hi Hoser!
I would love to try this match - never shot it before, but have shot similar matches at CRC (Byers). Is there a "first come first serve" basis for entering this match? Or can I just show up? (Driving in from Denver) Can I get on your mailing list?

Hi Hoser!
I would love to try this match - never shot it before, but have shot similar matches at CRC (Byers). Is there a "first come first serve" basis for entering this match? Or can I just show up? (Driving in from Denver) Can I get on your mailing list?

Hey, new guys are supposed to bring hot chocolate for everyone!

Hi Hoser!

Looking forward to seeing you there. Like Byers we run two matches, 9:00 and 12:00. First come first served. Send an email to [email protected] to let him know which match you want to shoot.

PM me your email address and I will add you to the mailing list.

Bring hot chocolate for everyone but Kevin. Bring him shoes to shoot in.

https://www.ar-15.co/threads/6763-Prairie-Dog-Sniper-Match-In-Pueblo

As always, thanks to Hoser and Dino for your time and effort setting up and running this match.

The 22LR side match was a a lot of fun.

SAPenguin, a 370 first time shooting this match, nicely done!

Huge thanks again to Dino and Stewart for helping with set-up & tear down. Without them and everyone else that helps out, this match could not happen.

Dont forget about the Annual PWSA Meeting/Dinner on 04 Jan at the Union Station. It is very important to be there. If you enjoy these matches, keep the current board members in mind when voting. Your reservation must be made by tomorrow morning.

Lots of people for the morning match, about twice as many as I was expecting. It is almost like people were trying to escape the Christmas shopping chaos by coming to the range...

Seems as the 22 match is catching on. Lots of happy people.

Brent B shot another perfect 400 with his 6BR Savage. Nice shooting Brent. And his daughter turned in an impressive 380.

Dont forget about the Annual PWSA Meeting/Dinner on 04 Jan at the Union Station. It is very important to be there. If you enjoy these matches, keep the current board members in mind when voting. Your reservation must be made by tomorrow morning.

Have a Merry Christmas and hopefully 2014 will be a much better year for us all.

Thanks to Hoser and everyone else who made this happen!! I loved every minute of it... Man those targets are SMALL!!

Those of you getting the match results will notice that for the 22 rimfire side match I have starting including what flavor of ammo people are using. Hopefully this will give people an idea of what works.

We will have another match this Saturday, first at 9am second at noon, both rimfire and centerfire will be available. If you want to shoot email chris "at" 3gunstuff.com with your name and which match you want to shoot before 5pm Friday.

I'm heading to the match tomorrow.

Is there a gate combo or is the gate left open?

Sorry if this info is in the thread somewhere - I couldn't find it....

Good times despite some ugly and gusty wind.

Results went out this morning. Let me know if you didnt get them.

Game on tomorrow. Dont forget to send Chris an email telling him which match you plan on shooting. The 9:00 match only has 20 slots, first come first served.

Also, we are short on set up crew tomorrow. If you can, please come out to help with set-up.

This Saturday. Be there.

Centerfire at 9:00 and 12:00. Rimfire as soon as the morning centerfire match is done.

Game on this Saturday. The 12:00 match will start as soon as the rimfire portion wraps up.

Dont forget to send Chris an email telling him which match you plan on shooting. There is only 20 slots for the 9:00 match.

HI Hoser! quick question - is is permissable for me to use one of the other berms at the range to sight in my rifle before your match? I am not a member, not sure if i am restricted to only shooting on that specific berm where your match occurs?

For the next few months we are changing up the format for this match.

We will be running it as rimfire **only** until we can get up on the 600 again.

The format of how we shoot will change also. We will also be using reactive targets in addition to the targets we use now.

Plan on a 10:00 start time and bring 60-70 rounds. Set up will begin around 7:30.

Once we get back on the 600, hopefully in Sept after the ranges Special Use Permit is approved, we will go back to the business of shooting.

Huge thanks to shooters, both PWSA members and non-PWSA members, that took time out of their busy lives to come help defend our matches at the monthly PWSA meetings.

No match this month. The staff is going to be elsewhere and there is no staff to run things.

Next month, rimfire only. Bring 75-80 rounds.

Everyone that came out yesterday got beat by a girl. Jackie again showed us she knows how to run an Anschutz. The 40X Mafia was hot on her heels though.

I rolled in a little before 8:00 with Dino for set-up. Within minutes there was 7 people lifting heavy things and making it happen. I cant thank you all enough.

The new format for smallbore worked out pretty well. Round count for today was 82. Now that we learned some things it will go much faster next month. Using reactive steel made spotting/scoring much easier.

Results just went out. Let me know if you didnt get them.

Some pics of the targets we used yesterday. When you hit the target the plate falls backwards and leaves a hole, they just have not been repainted yet. Typical Biathlon targets. Also used at the Chevy Truck Sportsmans Team Challenge.