• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper Matches In Colorado ***with Pics***

Re: Sniper Matches In Colorado ***with Pics***

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-9Fsq5C68qA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-9Fsq5C68qA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tommy Two Dogs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Rifle Sportsmen's contact Shawn Christenson [email protected] First Sat. of the month. Really a bunch of good guys and good shooters. Go and have fun! </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rtr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-9Fsq5C68qA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-9Fsq5C68qA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Cool video Chris, thanks for making it! See ya' next month.

We will have a match this Saturday. Same drill, one match 9am the other noon. Send an email to chris "at" 3gunstuff.com with your name and which match you want to shoot, email must be sent before 5pm Friday.

32 people today despite the cold and wind.

It started out pretty damn cold (15-20f) but warmed up nice by 2:00 or so...

Many thanks to Jim C. Sr for bringing donuts to everyone on the morning relay. That little jolt of sugar helped.

The new targets are harder to be sure as they are about 2.5 inches shorter, but they are about .75 inches wider.

Hope to see everyone next month. Speaking of next month, dont forget that the PD match is 17 March and the Tactical Rifle match is the following day.

Results just went out, let me know if you didnt get them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColoWyo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice shooting Hoser.</div></div>
Blind squirrels and nuts come to mind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColoWyo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for putting these matches on. </div></div>
Thanks for coming down. It is always good to hang out with friends and do some shooting.

I also wanted to say thanks for the match Hoser. I know it is a lot of work. It was a fun and challenging match as always. Oh and thanks for the donuts.

Game on this Saturday. After Saturdays match, a bunch of us are headed to Raton for the Magnum match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: majohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any match in June? </div></div>

Yup June 16.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rtr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We will have a match this Saturday. Same drill, one match 9am the other noon. Send an email to chris "at" 3gunstuff.com with your name and which match you want to shoot, email must be sent before 5pm Friday. </div></div>

Dont forget to do the above.

The match info is on the first page and there are pictures scattered on the other pages .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: majohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats the shooting position? What all do we need to bring besides guns and ammo? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shooters start prone behind rifle with bolt/action open and ammunition in hand. </div></div>

Bring rifle, ammo, mat if you want, and $10.

Thanks to everyone for coming out and shooting. Could not do it without you guys.

Scores just went out, let me know if you didnt get them.

Remember, no Tactical (4th Sundays) Rifle match this month.

Some pics from the afternoon match.

DSC03128.jpg

DSC03129.jpg

DSC03133.jpg

DSC03134.jpg

DSC03135.jpg

DSC03136.jpg

DSC03143.jpg

DSC03145.jpg

DSC03147.jpg

DSC03150.jpg

Hi Hoser,

What brand of shooting mat is that you have in the picture, with the bipod rest?

Looks like a very functional setup...

Sam

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Starbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Hoser,

What brand of shooting mat is that you have in the picture, with the bipod rest?

</div></div>

Cross Tac. Get it directly from the company and *not* Midway. It is much cheaper when you get it directly from Cross Tac.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Starbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Hoser,

</div></div>

Cross Tac. Get it directly from the company and *not* Midway. It is much cheaper when you get it directly from Cross Tac.</div></div>

Thanks!

Another busy weekend.

Prairie Dogs on Saturday and the Tactical Rifle Match Sunday.

See you there.

Well it looks like the State 4H Match is going to trump us. No PD match this month.

If you want to shoot the match on 10/20/2012 email chris "at" 3gunstuff.com with your name and whether you want to shoot 9am or noon before 5pm Friday.

Despite some ugly winds out of the west in the morning, everyone seemed to have fun. The winds got better in the afternoon, but it still was not a pretty day. Only a handful of clean runs for the day, none of them being in the morning match.

No official start date for us going up to the 600 yard range. Still some work to be done before we can go up there. Most likely January is when it will be ready for us.

Match results just went out, let me know if you didnt get them.

Hope to see everyone next month.

Hoser:
As always the match is good fun. Really looking to shooting on the new range. Thanks Dino. Both of you work your buts off for a bunch of shooters to have fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Hope to see everyone next month. </div></div>

It was a fun match, thanks for hosting. My first time shooting down in Pueblo, and I'll definitely be there again next month.

If you want to shoot the match this Saturday, email chris "at" 3gunstuff.com with your name and whether you want to shoot 9am match or the noon match before 5pm Friday.

Lots of shooters made the trek to Pueblo today.

The perfect score is still safe. Another 390 in the books. That makes around five to six 390s so far this year.

Scores just went out. Let me know if you didnt get them.

See you all in December.

If you want to shoot the match on 15 December, PLEASE email chris "at" 3gunstuff.com with your name and whether you want to shoot in the 9:00 or noon match before 5pm Friday.

Hope to see you there.

It was a pretty cool year of shooting. The new targets are working out fine. Despite their smaller size, the scores have not gone down. However, the perfect score of 400 is still out there.

Not exactly sure when we will make the move up to the 600 yard range and add rimfire targets, but hopefully soon. I have some leave scheduled after Christmas and I will be spending it on a Bobcat getting the 600 ready for us.

In addition to moving up there, the format of the afternoon matches will change. The morning match will remain unchanged and the afternoon match round count will also be unchanged.

Please remember that if someone is downrange setting up targets, no handling of rifles at all in any way shape or form.

Lastly, please remember this match is set up and run by volunteers. Please consider helping with set up and tear down in addition to helping during the match. Watching someone set up all the targets while you wait for them to hurry up and finish isnt cool.

Have a good Christmas and I hope everyone finds a nice new happy suppressor in their stocking and a new gun under the tree.

The results went out earlier tonight. Let me know if you didnt get them.

See you next year.

I had a great time on Saturday. Didn't shoot a great match, but had my first 10/10 string. I guess next time I'll have to shoot 2 or 3 clean strings.

Plus I got to witness the first two perfect scores: by a father/daughter team, each scoring a perfect 400. Great job Brent and Lauren!

Thanks to Hoser and Chris for putting on such a fun match.

-Mike

Last edited:

Dont forget about this Saturdays match.

And dont forget to send Chris an email telling us/him what match you want to shoot.

Man that was some ugly wind this morning. Luckily the wind died down later in the day, and then almost dead calm by the time I rolled out around 3:00.

Scores just went out, let me know if you didnt get them.

See you all next month.

Just to be clear it is father/daughter team. It was a great day to be a dad, very special! We both helped each other that day. She was the calm one. Brent

This Saturday. Game on. Just like normal, send Chris an email telling him what match you plan on shooting. We only have 20 slots for the 9:00 match.

And, the dirt work on the 600 is complete. Chris, Brent and I spent a full day on a skid steer getting a bunch of small berms built. We will not be using the 600 this match, but starting April we will be up there and also shooting rimfires.