• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Snipers Hide Penmanship Classroom

Got my Corsair pen today....

UkFwWksl.jpg

I like how they timed the paint scheme when the cap is screwed on.

bGEmwo5l.jpg

Hardest starting pen I had a chance to play with yet but its writing nice now....

kG3GgUcl.jpg

@pmclaine That Parker pen is awesome. I like the Corsair one too. Right now I’m debating on trying a St DuPont. I really like the sword fountain pen.

Your wife is going to kill you, lol.

Genuinely curious..wtf are y'all writing all the time? Can't think of anything I have had to write down by hand in years. Probably haven't since I left the army.

Told @Xcount the other day I didn't know how to write a check lol.... literally have never written a check in my life.

@pmclaine That Parker pen is awesome. I like the Corsair one too. Right now I’m debating on trying a St DuPont. I really like the sword fountain pen.

Your wife is going to kill you, lol.

Those are certainly some "elegant", international man of intrigue, that wears a smoking jacket and soft slippers, pens.

My original idea was to supplement my Cross with a "luxury" pen like one of those than I impulse bought the Corsair because it hit my history nerd bone, ditto the MacArthur pen.

I think Im good right now.

The Cross will load blue ink, The Parker more formal black ink and the Retro 51 Corsair I tried to load with a medium sky blue ink but I had such a hard time getting it to flow I tossed the blue to use one of the blacks from the pen manufacturer, thinking the ink was the issue.

Finally got it to flow by wetting a paper towel and "wicking" the back of the pen nib. I think I can get the blue to flow now that the pen is juicy.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Genuinely curious..wtf are y'all writing all the time? Can't think of anything I have had to write down by hand in years. Probably haven't since I left the army.

Told @Xcount the other day I didn't know how to write a check lol.... literally have never written a check in my life.

Usually I just write my enemies telephone numbers and addresses with the statement "I give good head" on rest area bathroom stalls but I like to do it with panache and excellence.

Usually I just write my enemies telephone numbers and addresses with the statement "I give good head" on rest area bathroom stalls but I like to do it with panache and excellence.
Hahahahaha!
I just had to copy and send that...pure gold!

Reactions: pmclaine

Guess that's another thing I don't do....

Use public restrooms lol

Looks like I got my WWII VJ Day pen......

Anyone got any good ideas to lightly buff the permanite and remove some of the oxidation to shine up my new penIt?
It'll naturally shine up a bit as you use it. I'd leave that original patina alone.

Reactions: Bob2650
I guess I hated it at the time but currently I somewhat miss the "anticipation" of getting shit ordered or letters in the mail.

I was in Oki in 87 or so when the cost of a stamp went from ten or fourteen cents to a full quarter and I thought it would bankrupt me.

What I wish my kids could experience was what I had when I would order an item from Bass Pro shops back than.

Fill out the catalog form, get a check from the parents/bank, put a stamp on, mail it away, than jump like a dog anytime a UPS truck got within ear shot of the house.

The sense of happiness when the ordered product did finally arrive was like a new Christmas morning.

All they will ever know is hit the buy now button and the Amazon truck shows up next day.

Granted its better but it also takes away something....maybe valuing that thing they bought because it was just there, no wait.
Growing up in Nebraska, it was the Cabela's catalog for me. As for letters, mail call was the high point of the day.

It'll naturally shine up a bit as you use it. I'd leave that original patina alone.

Yeah, Kind of thinking that hard rubber or whatever they are made out of is likely brittle at this point. Mechanically its been gone through, Ill just use it for now and leave it be.

Reactions: rhsc
Growing up in Nebraska, it was the Cabela's catalog for me. As for letters, mail call was the high point of the day.

Just after leaving USMC I went on a MC trip out to Scottsbluff for a friends wedding.

He had to buy gifts for his groomsmen so he invited me to go with him to what he described as the store on the corner.

The corner was Sidney Nebraska and the Cabelas store.

That was when I learned distance was relative.

Lefty here. Fuck ink, fuck pencils, fuck writing. It's all just a blurred mess because the man wants to keep me down! He wants me to use his chosen hand, not my god given gift of wrong handedness!

(That was sarcasm for those that missed it...)

that's nothing.... I was a lefty in a Catholic grammer school. Try that on sometime. Sister Josephine wasn't at all happy with this stubborn little Irish brat that used the WRONG hand to write with. My knuckles still hurt 57 years later. Why are you using the wrong hand Kevin...why are you trying to be different Kevin, you are trying my patience Kevin. Then one day I mouthed off to her..... her LEFT hand (note the irony) looked liked a fucking catchers mitt as it closed in on my face...
good times

that's nothing.... I was a lefty in a Catholic grammer school. Try that on sometime. Sister Josephine wasn't at all happy with this stubborn little Irish brat that used the WRONG hand to write with. My knuckles still hurt 57 years later. Why are you using the wrong hand Kevin...why are you trying to be different Kevin, you are trying my patience Kevin. Then one day I mouthed off to her..... her LEFT hand (note the irony) looked liked a fucking catchers mitt as it closed in on my face...
good times

I went to public school and I’m a lefty. Despite how hard I tried to write cursive the bitch of a second grade teacher dragged me to the Principal’s office.

She sounded like a banshee with a cattle prod stuck up her ass as she shrieked about my poor penmanship.

The Principal sat with his head in hands looking down at his desk. He looked pissed. I thought he was mad at me.

Looking back on the incident as an adult, I think he was angry at the shrieking banshee. I wonder how many other left handed kids suffered from her venom laced invectives and scared to death as they were dragged to the Principal’s office.

The Principal dismissed the bitch. After she left, the Principal in the nicest way possible just asked me to do my best.

She was always in a bad mood. It matched her looks.

After that day I dreamed of sticking my pen up her ugly butt.

I went to public school and I’m a lefty. Despite how hard I tried to write cursive the bitch of a second grade teacher dragged me to the Principal’s office.

She sounded like a banshee with a cattle prod stuck up her ass as she shrieked about my poor penmanship.

The Principal sat with his head in hands looking down at his desk. He looked pissed. I thought he was mad at me.

Looking back on the incident as an adult, I think he was angry at the shrieking banshee. I wonder how many other left handed kids suffered from her venom laced invectives and scared to death as they were dragged to the Principal’s office.

The Principal dismissed the bitch. After she left, the Principal in the nicest way possible just asked me to do my best.

She was always in a bad mood. It matched her looks.

After that day I dreamed of sticking my pen up her ugly butt.

I wish my kids school enforced any, I repeat ANY, sort of standards these days........at least your teacher gave you dreams.

The writing of a couple of my flex nibs... A Waterman 552 1/2v and an Eversharp Skyline Gold Award.

Attachments

• heavy metal representing.jpg
    heavy metal representing.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: lash
These might be good to hunt down.....

1618138091899.png

These might be good to hunt down.....

View attachment 7601942

My Father kept a lot of his paperwork from his military service for the 22 years that he served. After he had to go into the nursing home, I went through his paperwork from WWII.

The majority of entries in the various forms was written with a fountain pen.

On another note; does anyone beside me lament the demise of the Paradise Pen Company?

I wish my kids school enforced any, I repeat ANY, sort of standards these days........at least your teacher gave you dreams.
My teachers told me I would never amount to anything and would probably die in jail. Them ladies were keeping it real, lol.

As a cop, I wrote all the time. All logs and notes were in ink. 2-3 pages a day. Nice pens were like gold. Pilot G2 .07 pen or stay the eff home.
View attachment 7602426

Nah,

Thats what the job provides now.

I only carry these...

OVaVmKAl.jpg

These were built by disabled people in Malden Massachusetts until Gov Deval Patrick (D) decided it was cheaper to buy shit from Staples and laid off the people building these stick pens. When I tried to get more from the gentleman that ran supply he was pissed what had been done to the people that used to supply the pens.

The grippy handle bastards dont fit in a uniform pocket, nor will they pull out when you try to do so.

I think I have enough of those stick pens to last me to retirement.

Some guys use Cross pens but having to give a pen to someone on occasion Id be loathe to see them drive away with a Cross even though Im no longer a fan of their twist pens.

Cocksuckers

1618187988515.png

Not any more.....

1618187936036.png

Last edited:
good times
My wife and I are both survivors of Catholic school . I was granted a pardon after six years , while my wife had to endure the full eight years.
We had two classmates that wrote with the "Devil's Hand" and I was always glad that I was right handed. I can still hear Sister Leola admonishing us to " Rock The Boat" during penmanship . I have been told numerous times by people ( mostly women) that I have beautiful / pretty handwriting when writing a check or signing papers. I always reply "Thank The Nuns"

Finally got some ink for my antique Jap surrender pen. Thing writes fantastic!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sucks the reason for it's first use but some correspondence won't do with a ball point.

Think the point is more chisel than my others and it seems to give a little more calligraphy to the writing.

Been using my Corsair pen at work for desk duty......writing notes from people reporting other people driving too fast.

Cross will be for blue ink.

Parker will be the formal pen with black.

The Corsair is going to get a light blue or blue black.

Love these pens.

Need to get the high speed leather case to tote them now.

image.jpg

I have several of their limited editions. They make nice fountain pens

Try a Namiki or Dupont as well
Damn, @Nik H has cost me some cheese. After seeing the ST Dupont Sword pen, I had to have one. Got it in hand and it blows the Montblanc out of the water in every category. Fit, finish, smoothness of writing, and materials used.

The medium nib is wet and is close to a broad in other pens.
tempImagexpcELc.png

Last edited:
Damn, @Nik H has cost me some cheese. After seeing the ST Dupont Sword pen, I had to have one. Got it in hand and it blows the Montblanc out of the water in every category. Fit, finish, smoothness of writing, and materials used.

The medium nib is wet and is close to a broad in other pens.View attachment 7625421
I have a few Dupont pens. Lacquer quality is out of this world

You have plenty of cheese...you would have just blown it in hookers anyways :)

I have a few Dupont pens. Lacquer quality is out of this world

You have plenty of cheese...you would have just blown it in hookers anyways :)
I see what you did there with the use of the word "in", lol.

Fantastic pen all around, and I'm glad you turned me onto it. Now I stare down at my Montblanc in disappointment.

Plus this pen made my dick bigger.

Saw this and it has my imagination captured...but so far not my wallet.

1621013690851.png

1621013916526.png

Would go well should I decide to carry fancy...

X91aIfol.jpg

wP8qq8Ll.jpg

Would really like to get a pen with an "oblique" nib so when writing it gets more "calligraphy" in style.

• Love
Reactions: Jonny_

• Wow
Reactions: Sean the Nailer
That is a nice case. I’ve never seen this thread until this morning. I’ve been chuckling as I read it. My wife is a professional calligrapher and addresses wedding invitations and does pen and ink renderings of churches and things as well as designing invitations and doing the artwork for them. For some of the folks having trouble getting their pens running, take them apart and soak the nibs in very hot water. This will help dissolve the old deposits from the ink once it has dried out. Your ink should flow better. Pics will be posted shortly of some of her work.

Last edited: