• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Re: SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

I snapped and have a 2nd one on the way now. Just couldn't pass up taking advantage of such a great deal. I got in early on the first wave so in no hurry at all on the 2nd one. Now what to sell, Viper, PST, NF, . . . decisions decisions.

Thank you Frank and SWFA. Thanks to all the Hide Sponsors as well.

Mike

Just ordered a second one last night. This morning I had an automated email from swfa stating that the scope was on backorder. Never received that on the first order. At least I should have the first one shortly.

I just got a email from SWFA that the scope was still in backorder status and that they are work to get the scope shipped as soon as they get them in. I almost had a heart attack !!!!! I thought it was a "they are shipping the scope to me" nice thought
smile.gif

Aron-

Got the same email and had the same thought. Wishful thinking on my part. Oh well, it will get here when it gets here. At least SWFA was considerate enough to send an "update."
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lolnorcal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">started my AR308 build on April 2nd of this year by purchasing a MA-TEN receiver set, and almost everything is in. This scope will be one of the final pieces to the build, and I'm glad I got in on the first order. </div></div>

I finished my Ma-Ten earlier this year and have been running a Super Sniper 3x9 (which works great). The 3x9 will be replaced by the 5-20 that I ordered today. I couldn't resist.

no email update for me. I placed my order the 27th, 2 hours after the post saying all previous orders were covered. I must have missed the cut off.. Darn.

I ordered mine the day we hit 500 off n no email for me either.

Pat

I ordered my first one the day we hit 500. I ordered my second one today. I got the same e-mail on both - it came about 24 hours after I placed each order. I ordered both online if it makes any difference. I wouldn't read too much into it - just an automated thing showing they are still backordered.

I ordered online as well, but haven't been charged on the c/c. Is this normal?

^^^ Yes they will not charged until they ship you the scope.

Aron-

yea thats normal, they wont charge your card until it ships.

After living on bread and water for a month, I finally got mine ordered today.

I'm not getting these backorder updates!

But I paid with check, so I called to be sure everything was clear. They said I was good! Just in case anyone else isn't getting the emails...

I just order one I can't to get it, had to wait and find out how much my rifle was going to cost before I ordered one I had just enough $ to get the scope and rings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redbeard80</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had just enough $ to get the scope and rings. </div></div>

Congrats on an awesome snag!! This is by far and away the very best deal going on anywhere!!

DK

Anyone else notice that the order number referenced in the backorder email is not the same as the actual order number?

Placed my order on 5/19 (via CC) and haven't received a backorder e-mail yet, though it does still say backordered when I check my order status via my account.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DustyJacket</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oakfan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, the degree of anticipation in this thread is high.
</div></div>

In my case, I traded in my current scope for this. So now I am scopeless.

<span style="font-weight: bold">I had not realized at the time they were not in stock. Oops.</span> </div></div>[color:#FF0000][/color]

Same here. I actually selected 2 day shipping, Doh!
shocked.gif

So the way that I understand it is that the last day to order with the discount is the 16th because the discount expires on the 17th. Is this correct or can the discount be used on the 17th?

My understanding was, it expires at midnight of the 17th.

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: charlesc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So the way that I understand it is that the last day to order with the discount is the 16th because the discount expires on the 17th. Is this correct or can the discount be used on the 17th? </div></div>

Wait until the 18th and use this code <span style="font-weight: bold">1DAYAFTER</span> and you will get the $500 off, the free rings (no longer need 10k LIKES), a coupon for 500 Sierra bullets and a free Sunshade (without the Nazi insignia on it)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doubled</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: charlesc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So the way that I understand it is that the last day to order with the discount is the 16th because the discount expires on the 17th. Is this correct or can the discount be used on the 17th? </div></div>

Wait until the 18th and use this code <span style="font-weight: bold">1DAYAFTER</span> and you will get the $500 off, the free rings (no longer need 10k LIKES), a coupon for 500 Sierra bullets and a free Sunshade (without the Nazi insignia on it)</div></div>

Oh that is mean.... I like it.

Damn it I knew I should of waited and used the 1DAYAFTER code.

Those guys are trying to pull the wool over on ya. Its code--<span style="font-weight: bold">1secondafter</span>.

This kinda crap always happens when type "A"'s have idle hands.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">type "A"'s</div></div>

LMAO!!

DK

Well, I'm in. Been waiting for over a year to put a scope on my LR308 and this deal is too good to pass up. Was about to pull the trigger on a PST but the reviews of this scope are stellar and won me over. Thanks SWFA and Hide members for the reviews.

Joe.

Yep, I thought I had a cool gig.

Thanks again for the reviews, definitely looks good.

Just pulled the trigger after a few weeks of fence walking , nothing like being the last in line.

Well it looks like we will be in good hands with the SWFA SS 5-20x50 HD scope. I guess now just a little longer until we will have them in our hands.

Aron-

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><iframe width="1280" height="750" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3iEK-tVheg8?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen><iframe> </div></div>

Thanks for the great review! A question for you, or for anybody that knows- what mount is that on the GAP-10? Any reason specifically the hand guard doesn't have any rail where the objective bell comes close to the hand guard?

I ask because I'll be putting this on a MA-TEN build, with Troy TRX-308 hand guard with a rail along the top (flush with the receiver rail), and would like to get a mount or rings that will bring the scope nice and low, with a bit of room to spare for Butler Creek caps. It seems from the video that I won't need to get a canted mount to keep everything mounted up to the receiver and not overlapping onto the rail.

I've been looking at the American Defense Recon S with 1.470" from the centerline to the top of the rail, seen here: http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/11/

Thanks for the video.

I was curious about a cat tail for this scope. Is there any word from SWFA about one, or will we have to wait for a third party?

Dam.... Thought I was going to be able to hold off.... Now the waiting game begins.

It's been almost 10 days since the last update. Maybe the first batch is closer than we think.

Is there a recommended shipping option for the scope? Here are my 3 choices:

UPS 2nd Day Air® - $49.42
USPS Express Mail - $59.63
USPS Priority Mail - $23.10

If it doesn't matter, I'm going for the most cost efficient (cheapest...lol) one.

Being only one day left on the discount code.. I had to snag another one.

SWFA has cat tails for the 1-4x use that one. I haven't checked but I think it will work, the SSHD magnification rings appear to be the same.

We know that 7 went out...who were the lucky few who have one in hand or in the mail? Would love to hear your reviews as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rbeckwith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We know that 7 went out...who were the lucky few who have one in hand or in the mail? Would love to hear your reviews as well. </div></div>
When did they sent those 7 out? Must have missed that.

Ok guys, guess you finally got me to taste the cool-aide. Hope it don't give me the runs! I'm one of those old-timers who thought a Weaver K-4 was a great scope. Untill recently I'd never owned a scope costing more than $200. Frustrated with $30 red-dots, I finally went out an bought an Eo-tech for my A2 carbine, an liked it so well, I am now considering trading my A2 carbine for an A4 flat top. Since that worked out so well, I finally ponied up, an bought a Weaver V-16 and Leupold VX3 and have really enjoyed them. I've been swiching them back and forth from gun to gun. Now, I've been hanging out here reading about all this "Tacti-cool" stuff for a while. I went out and bout a Rem-700 in .308, mounted the Leupold VX3, and it's been shooting MOA for me out to 300yds.

5837471407_41d712dd71_z.jpg

I think I've decided that rather than modifying the Remington or buying another gun right now, I'm going to give one of these "Super-Scopes" a try. It will be my first "high-end" optic, my first FFP scope, my first mils rhetical or mils adjustable scope, my first illuminated rhetical, etc... So you guys may have to show me how to use most of this stuff. The price seems pretty darn steep to me, so I sure hope this product can live up to all the smack you guys have been talking about it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$500 Off coupon is active

Use code <span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">HIDE500</span></span>

Here: http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-5-20x50-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P50662.aspx

Expires 06-17-11</div></div>

Here is when its done...........

Aron-

I called the order in already, ordered rings and scope butler-creek scope caps with it. I'm just waiting for the UPS man to come, so I can see what all the Ho-Ha's about.

placed a second order for 2 more after seeing franks video review. I have no worries about the quality and durability of the scope, its a SWFA product and i know if something does go wrong they will stand behind it, thought i am sure it will be every bit as tough as the 3-9s ive got.

Pat

I'm in, I was really considering getting just one, but after watching the review, I decided to get two.
If it is as good as I expect I will sell my Nightforce to help pay for them, it will be almost like getting two for one. LOL
SScott

"Alot of people are into that glass thing..." LL

That freakin cracked me up!! LOL!!

DK