• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Re: SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

funny how quickly the people go from posting "what a great deal, thank yo so much!" to "where the fuck is my scope you owe me? I want it now!"

I purchased this scope fully aware that the wait would be over a month and I could really care less if it's 3 months I'm just happy that I got $500 off. I'm sure these scopes will live up to what we are looking foward to and we get them when we get them. All yhr whining and crying does is make vendors not want to do group buys like this for us because they don't want to deal with the hassle of getting overwhelmed with nagging...

lolnorcal - some of us ordered these based on the previously quoted shipping times for builds that will be done sooner than yours. I ordered mine within the first 30 mins of the discount code becoming active i belive to make sure that i got in on the first shipment. I am just wanting an honest update so that I know if I should tell Underground skunkworks and APA to ship my rifles when finished, or to hold them for a day or two longer cause the optics are on thier way to be mounted.

jbt33 - We are not complaining or upset about dealing with it, its just that it would be nice to have an update saying if they made the shippment date of the 9th or not, instead of me calling in asking them and getting the response of. . ."man i wish i knew what to tell you, but we dont know anything". . . obviously someone at the company knows 1. if they have been shipped or not, and or 2. if they are in customs. Its a simple answer to tell people hey you can expect them in two weeks, or you can expect them in 2 months. I think some, myself included, are upset because it was presented in such a way that these would be in the hands of users by now and nothing has been put forward to the contrary. We are all adults here and i think an honest presentation of the current delivery schedual as they know it would be nice. Waiting isnt the problem, waiting and not getting any information is the problem.

Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SLUHstud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
jbt33 - We are not complaining or upset about dealing with it, its just that it would be nice to have an update saying if they made the shippment date of the 9th or not, instead of me calling in asking them and getting the response of. . ."man i wish i knew what to tell you, but we dont know anything". . . obviously someone at the company knows 1. if they have been shipped or not, and or 2. if they are in customs. Its a simple answer to tell people hey you can expect them in two weeks, or you can expect them in 2 months. I think some, myself included, are upset because it was presented in such a way that these would be in the hands of users by now and nothing has been put forward to the contrary. We are all adults here and i think an honest presentation of the current delivery schedual as they know it would be nice. Waiting isnt the problem, waiting and not getting any information is the problem.

Pat </div></div>

So if SWFA were to provide an update here and tell you that they have not shipped from Japan, would that affect your order? Are you then going to cancel your order? How does it make a difference <span style="font-weight: bold">to your order of <span style="text-decoration: underline">this</span> scope</span> if they arrive 2 weeks from now or two months from now?

Yeah, we'd all like real-time updates on our orders, but it's not going to happen, and it's not realistic. If I can wait 15 months for a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP MRAD to get here (that I paid about $900 for), then I can certainly wait for these SWFA scopes. If you can't wait, just cancel your order and buy another scope. Then go back and buy the SS 5-20x50HD when they are "in-stock".

Now, please - let SWFA get back to negotiating with the S&B/Leupold hijackers so that we can get our scopes within the next 12 months.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtb33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
[quote snipped]

[Part of post snipped]
If I can wait 15 months for a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP MRAD to get here (that I paid about $900 for), then I can certainly wait for these SWFA scopes. </div></div>

Well, that's exactly the "Vortex debacle" that some of us found to be quite unacceptable. I know, their suppliers/assembler betrayed them, but this is so far beyond the Customer Service maxim of "under-promise, and over-deliver" that both scope stories could make it into college-level textbooks on marketing and the reality that the "place" element of the "marketing mix" bleeds over into the "product" when a vacuum of information leads to customers abandoning vaporware.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtb33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Now, please - let SWFA get back to negotiating with the S&B/Leupold hijackers so that we can get our scopes within the next 12 months. </div></div>

LOL!! Good one!

If the hijackers are not demanding ransom of 12 bars of preslatinum or 24 bars of unobtanium, then maybe we need to take up a collection to pay the ransom? Starting at $500 apiece?

Maybe I need to stop speaking in such a humous way... truth be told, you're not getting your scopes for at least 3.7 months from today, roughly speaking. Word on the street is, they were slightly irradiated so they have to see if they "cool off" a bit before being released in this country.

I feel bad for yous'all but thems the breaks I suppose. I would just hope we don't have any other natural disasters to push you back any further. Then I might have to lock the thread.

The smart play for those in a hurry would have been to suck up to me, preferably with cash, then I would have used my considerable influence to see you got one from the secret shipment for the deserving, but those are all gone now. Heck, I am fiddling with number two while you guys don't even have number one yet... that is bullshit if you ask me.

So, consider this your official update, 3.7345 months from today, (includes hours, minutes, seconds) this way nobody can say they weren't updated with an exact time of delivery. Now, we need to move the discussions to something more controversial like the use of decedents from Kamikazes pilots to build these scopes. Or perhaps, on a lighter note, the use of melted down samurai sword blades for the erector springs, either / or highly recommend debates while you wait.

Go ahead discuss among yourselves.

Thats genius! Samurai sword blade for erector springs. Were those on the 1st gen scopes or the 2nd?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 260 shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats genius! Samurai sword blade for erector springs. Were those on the 1st gen scopes or the 2nd? </div></div>
ROFL

You do know that now all the mall ninja's will be sad because their scopes wont glow in the dark.

They need their night lights., ya know
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtb33</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SLUHstud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Pat </div></div>

So if SWFA were to provide an update here and tell you that they have not shipped from Japan, would that affect your order? Are you then going to cancel your order? How does it make a difference <span style="font-weight: bold">to your order of <span style="text-decoration: underline">this</span> scope</span> if they arrive 2 weeks from now or two months from now?

Yeah, we'd all like real-time updates on our orders, but it's not going to happen, and it's not realistic. If I can wait 15 months for a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP MRAD to get here (that I paid about $900 for), then I can certainly wait for these SWFA scopes. If you can't wait, just cancel your order and buy another scope. Then go back and buy the SS 5-20x50HD when they are "in-stock".

Now, please - let SWFA get back to negotiating with the S&B/Leupold hijackers so that we can get our scopes within the next 12 months. </div></div>

No, it wouldnt change my order of this scope, or the second order for two more of them i put in. Wouldnt change those two things one bit.

What it would have changed those was my order of other accessories such as the TAB slings and Atlas bipods, and some reloading components that i didnt truely need right away but thought i would get while i found them in stock as I thought scopes were covered for the incoming rifles that are getting finished. If I had known that they wouldnt be here as previously forcasted and we had gotten an update saying "hey they missed the ship date, and are pushed back two months now" i could have bought some mid level scopes to mount and mess around with so that the rifles were usable. I could shoot the rifles without bipods and slings and do things like load development, but i cant do that without glass.

I have no issue waiting, I just dont like hearing the generic two weeks reply. If its gona be a few months tell me that, but if you say its gona be such and such a date, you better be ready for me to call and ask whats up with my order when such and such date comes and goes.

Now that i know its gona be 3.7345 months from today thanks to lowlight i wont give it a second thought till then, im easy to please, just need a little info to work with.

Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> 3.7345 months from today
</div></div>
In my time browsing and using the hide as a source of knowledge I have noticed that many look to you lowlight as a definitive source and leader. I can now see why:) Let the countdown begin.

I'm still pissed about the sunshade... So much so that I can't even find time to get pissed about anything else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tyler Kemp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was a joke.</div></div>

OH!!! If the hijacking thing was a joke, it makes me feel better.
smile.gif
PHEW

(Gullible)

I see nothing unreasonable about asking for an update. Not complaining, not whining, not even expecting anything, not even a date...just a little communication. When I give my customers an ETA and for some reason it comes and goes (which I do everything humanly possible to prevent, as I'm sure SWFA is), I certainly expect to be answering the same question. It's not an unreasonable request.

Oh,and isn't Light optical a good distance from Fukushima?

I gave you communication, so what is the problem... ? So you are whining.

If you want the real deal no bullshit update, here you go, SWFA has the first shipment and only the first shipment in their possession, so I suspect those on the first shipment list will get contacted this week.

But don't call SWFA, because they have to work to get this out and not sit there and answer dumb ass questions, if your scope is in, they will contact you. They are moving along and the first shipment is here. No kidding..

Not sure if you guys saw the newest Leupold or not. They JUST came out with a new 5-20x50 scope!

Heh...how come it seems to me the guys complaining the loudest are also the ones who ordered the SS HD latests?

C'mon, now...

Outstanding news. Thanks Frank. Couldn't ask for any more.

I ordered within half an hour of reaching the 500 discount if I remebered right. Wanted tk be in the first order for the one scope o knew I truely needed right away. I'm also the one asking for the update the past few pages. Not sure if the ordered the latest comment was directed at me or not, but I certianly do not fit that mold.

Lowlight- thanks for both updates, I do hope that is accurate, all I can say is today when i called I got the cold shoulder.

Pat

First order, last order, its all good, I will have a 10x HD to hold me over until it gets here.

I am just curious exactly how many sales the group buy generated? I saw links to the Snipers hide group buy on a bunch of different boards. they definitely have their hands full, I am sure they were counting the mass sales so it will probably be faster than we think.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SLUHstud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered within half an hour of reaching the 500 discount if I remebered right. Wanted tk be in the first order for the one scope o knew I truely needed right away. I'm also the one asking for the update the past few pages. Not sure if the ordered the latest comment was directed at me or not, but I certianly do not fit that mold.

Lowlight- thanks for both updates, I do hope that is accurate, all I can say is today when i called I got the cold shoulder.

Pat </div></div>

Of course you got the cold shoulder, they said up front they had to come in and it was going to take some time. They also said when it was ready your card would be billed, calling and bothering them, which is exactly what you are doing, is not going to get you a scope any faster, and to be frank, if it was me, I would stick you at the end of the line.

Really, it is people like you, who can't read, follow direction and feel you have to "stay on them" are the reason I rarely do group buys, and only because of SWFA did I do this, because I no longer do them for just anyone, and trust me when I say, I can do more and pass deals on, but because people screw them up, I no longer stick my neck out for anyone.

Sit back and relax, nothing has happened you weren't told about up front, in the open -- causing a bunch of discontent on the site doesn't help you, or anyone else.

i will admit, i was wanting to get in on the update bandwagon. it's not an odd request by any means. i don't know how much bank ya'll make in a year, but $1000 is ALOT of money for my broke ass. i don't believe anyone meant to strike up a wildfire here on purpose. i think that things got derailed due to the bickering back 'n forth.

i understand they (SWFA)are busy as all get out, what with the new scopes, existing scopes, rangefinders,ebay store and not to mention the MASS trade-ins of existing glass in trade for the ss. EVERYONE here who got in on this deal is very grateful for the savings i'd venture to profess, myself especially. we now have an update (with a side of sarcasm
crazy.gif
)and we can get back to refreshing this thread 23+ times daily for who'll be the very first to recieve their scope. then it'll be even more fun reading all the reviews everyone posts up and the excessive new "hey, i got my swfa 5-20x50 ss and it kicks ASS" threads that are sure to ensue.
smile.gif

Damn, I knew I should have waited that ordered that NEW Leupy for 799.

What was I thinking?

Frank-
Then we will have to agree to disagree on that one. I respect your opinion on alot of things and ur knowledge far out weighs mine in everything shooting related without doubt, but I honestly don't think it would have been any harder for them to say " they have arrived and are in processing, your order should be processed shortly" instead of " we don't know anything, wish we did know something but we haven't heard" .

They have said several dates previously in this thread, I simply would have liked slightly better communication. I don't feel that is to much to ask as a paying customer trying to figure out when several thousand dollars worth of equipment is going to be processed as a payment. I did not call them on the 31st, I did not call them on the 9th, but after several weeks of wondering if anything has happened I felt within my right to call and ask a simple question. I feel that I did follow directions, and I most certianly can read, I've read every post I'm this thread from beggining to end, never once asking why haven't they shipped yet, or can I expect them tm when a page earlier swfa had comented that they would not leave the country for several days still or any number of silly posts others have made.

As far as causing discontent in the site, that was never my intention in the least. I simply wanted to ask for any updates as I know swfa posts on here and perhaps someone higher up than the individual I spoke to would see it and respond with some sort of update. Thanks again for the group buy, I know I, and many others apprecite it a great deal, but again I think you are wrong in your assesment of me and your response to me.

Pat

I still don't get the issue, regardless of the "money", why, because up front and before the deal reached the $500 off which is when most bought the scopes, SWFA said this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scopes won't be here until sometime in June so there is no benefit from ordering now with the existing coupon code.</div></div>

That was on May 17th, upfront they posted this here, then they went on to say:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are not in customs, not sure how that rumor started. We did mention that we don't have a firm ETA because U.S. Customs is the wild card and we never know how long they will take.

They are scheduled to be on an airplane heading this way May 30th.</div></div>

So again when the Hide500 code activated, they said this, upfront, before most people ordered.

Then on June 7th they updated again because people were calling for an update within the 1st week of June...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Update

Dan mis-spoke, he was so used to saying they are scheduled to ship at the end of the month (I think he even says it in his sleep)that he forgot the month changed.

The first shipment was scheduled to be in the air on the 30th and we missed that because of a delay in receiving the production battery caps.

We are turning them out as quickly as possible without compromising quality. These are very difficult scopes to manufacture due to the location of the reticle in the one piece tube, being 30mm adds to the difficulty. Our tolerance ranges are also much narrower than most manufacturers.

The first batch is ready to go and is waiting for the flight schedule to be finalized, we are shooting for Thursday the 9th.

We are paying extra for the air freight vs slow boat to get them in your hands as quick as possible. We've also instructed the factory to not wait until the scheduled amount for the next shipments is achieved and to ship them in smaller lots as soon as they are made and pass inspection.

We did have a small sample batch of ten flown in for our inspection, since it’s cheaper to fly the scopes here than fly us to the scopes. We sent out three and now have seven that we don't know what to do with.
</div></div>

So think about this from SWFA's perspective... people have been calling them daily, within 7 days of this activating, 7 days, after telling people it would be Mid June, actually they said late June if you read the posts completely. If even 10 people call a day, how much time and manpower it takes to answer this question over and over, every single day.

You all think it is just you calling when in fact, it is you at x10, you were told, and told, and told again, end of June, they have crossed that bridge yet, for 10 pages people have been asking the same thing, "where is my scope" ...

Patience is a virtue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DustyJacket</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It would be an interesting thing to know how many sold under this offer.

50? 200? 1,000? </div></div>

I bought 4
eek.gif

Thanks Frank for the update, I think
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SLUHstud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Frank-

As far as causing discontent in the site, that was never my intention in the least. I simply wanted to ask for any updates as I know swfa posts on here and perhaps someone higher up than the individual I spoke to would see it and respond with some sort of update. Thanks again for the group buy, I know I, and many others apprecite it a great deal, but again I think you are wrong in your assesment of me and your response to me.

Pat </div></div>

No, I am dead on the money, I have seen you 100x over the years, you're nothing new in any of this... you might have read the updates they posted, but you didn't comprehend any of them, specifically the last one that said they were shooting for the shipment to leave Japan on June 9th, so from there they still have to pass customs, which they said was a wild cat... again, in black and white written by them before this ever ended.

So, you are not unique, you are just impatient, thinking you are ordering something from Amazon or simply want your hand held. They didn't update because there wasn't an update. Today when they had something to report they emailed me... I got that email tonight.

They shouldn't have to hold people's hand when they said this over and over again on here... and not to my surprise they came in exactly as they promised up front. They told you the battery cap delayed the first shipment, still many here are still quoting May 30th, well they updated everyone about that, May 30th was June 9th... so everyone who said May 30th was dead wrong. They told you, yet no comprehension, and the questions swirl.

I know you, and everyone who is on here asking for an update... been here, done this, got the t shirt by the trunk full.

Again, agree to disagree. Your assesment is yours and it is your right to have it, but no I don't need my hand held. But likewise its my assesment and I have every right to it, that swfa was wrong to respond to my inquire as they did. It wouldn't have taken them any longer to answer with the updated information as to give me the run about they did. I am thankful you shared the information with us that you recieved, and again I am thankful that you and swfa put together this group buy launch for us. I am a supporter of swfa and own several of their products and I am sure I will own many more as the quality is outstanding and the price is just as good.

Pat

So everyone quit calling SWFA and asking for an update. It will be shared when available.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AustinCQC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
5855102103_c1b9dc05d9.jpg

Not sure if you guys saw the newest Leupold or not. They JUST came out with a new 5-20x50 scope! </div></div>

That's some quality work right there!

As far as I'm concerned... i feel like i got a really good deal so i'm happy.
smile.gif
Thanks for setting up the special coupon. Even if it is a 3+ month wait, the discount will prove worth it i think.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ninja Pirtle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So everyone quit calling SWFA and asking for an update. It will be shared when available. </div></div>

I for one keep coming back to this link because of the girl on his signature. :p

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ninja Pirtle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So everyone quit calling SWFA and asking for an update. It will be shared when available. </div></div>

I for one keep coming back to this link because of the girl on his signature. :p </div></div>

I didn't even know there was text in his post until you pointed it out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ninja Pirtle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So everyone quit calling SWFA and asking for an update. It will be shared when available. </div></div>

I for one keep coming back to this link because of the girl on his signature. :p </div></div>

That picture is FANTASTIC, mother of God.

It is like a soap-opera in here, I find it sorta funny but can imagine what a pain the the ass it must be for SWFA to be answering the same question over and over again over the phone. They have been more upfront that most companies are when group buys like this happen over the web. And if you have been in on these things in the past, from any gun minded company, things are always a little delayed but people seem to mostly deal with it because they are getting the newest and best at a good price. It's amazing how quickly people forgot that and get pissed off.

So when is the second order coming in ?

JK JK!!!
laugh.gif

Aron-

Quote from Sniper's Hide facebook post:

"Regarding the SWFA SSHD Group Buy, the 1st Shipment is in TX and SWFA will be getting orders from that shipment as quickly as possible. So without everyone contacting them, just wait to see if you get contacted. My understanding is more than 1 shipment is required to fulfill orders so please don't bother them with the same dumb questions over and over, if you are on the list they will call you."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kino</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much of the reticle is illuminated??</div></div>

Just a dot at the center of the crosshairs.

Frank, thanks for the deal you and SWFA put togehter. This drama was one reason I quit doing the Lapua group buys. I grew tired of the bellyaching about I can get that one item cheaper over at XYZ internet store or when will it be here? Lapua comes from Finland and it takes a while to get it here on a boat then go through customs, so chill out all of us. I will be at the back of the line I know.

So sit tight folks and practice some patience. If you want top rated optics and you want it for 500 off then something has to give and in this case it's waiting. And as much as I like updates too, a company doesn't owe us an update every day unless something changes. Hell the thing just closed Friday. And there were still monkeys wondering if they could get in after the deadline when it ran for a month.

Austin, did you play with napalm as a child? You seem to like to throw gasoline on fires. LOL....Funny stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why not just ban the people who are bitching. Problem solved. </div></div>

Hmm, I bet the guys in This Thread are glad you're not running the show, then they'd be out 2k-3500$ AND banned from SH.

Don't get me wrong, I think people need to relax, read and re-adjust their attitudes. But banning people for being impatient or not reading a thread completely on something they've got a considerable amount of cash invested in is a teensy bit harsh isn't it?

I'm sure a lot of the sentiment displayed in this thread is fallout from reading the 09 SH rifle build thread.

I have my fire suit on and I am ready for an back lash so here we go.

I am not going to pick on one or two people, because there are a bunch of you that are whinning like a bunch of school girls.

WHAT THE FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

If you go to the fisrt of this thread you will see where everyone was so joyful and happy, thanking SWFA and Frank. Franks speaks up and says something like this :

Thanks guys, I hope this works out for everyone. You know I have the opportunity to do this group buy/disscounts for you guys from time to time but really they are a pain in the ass and turn into a cluster so I choose not to many times. Been about 5 years since the last one.

end semi quote.

Well thanks alot assholes. I am sure once again Frank has a shitty taste in his mouth. I am sure SWFA is rethinking them selfs also.

Second, I would think most of the people on here would be used to waiting. I am hearing all the time how your builds take 6 months to 3 years. In this internet instant gratification age some shit still takes time. Some say you are mature, but haven't you learned that the more you want something the longer it takes. "A watched pot never boils". It was spelled out many times that these would take sometime. SWFA is not going to give you an exact time because they DO NOT KNOW, they are at the mersy of others (suppler, sub-contractor, customs, whoever) and they do not know how fast the others work. This was the ONLY problem I saw with the vortex PST, at first they tried to give updates and promise dates and that kept backfiring and vortex kept getting flamed. finally around last OCT Vortex said they will get here when they get here.

Last but not least. Do you really think that SWFA will get a shipment in and sit on them??????? When they get them I am sure they will ship out ASAP.

My only question is that I am curious as to how many where sold in the group buy.

I didn't see anyone bitching and whining? I saw some ask for an update. People asked for an update, Frank gave one and everyone should be content - except for the holier-than-thou's that like to stoke the fire. Don't make it worse than it is.

I dont see how anybody can bitch about a little wait if they saved $500 on this group buy (I am one of those waiting). $500 is a good chunk of change and worth a little wait. SWFA has put on some great group buys as of late and they deserve our patience.

Good things come to those who wait.

I was always under the assumption that a forte of the Serious Tactical Marksman was Patience...

But what the hell do I know, I'm just a rotorhead.