• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Re: SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: selfbowhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> very nice gesture by swfa and snipershide.com, however, i cant help but think the amount of markup to be able to do this. they are certainly not going to take a loss. notice how a price was not released until after preproduction scopes were in the hands of some to review. i believe this was done to gauge "demand". this is a very smart business tactic but the price has certainly reflected everyones eagerness for availability. had everyone not got their panties in a wad, the scope would probably have been closer to $1000 retail anyway. just an honest opinion base on observation. no ill will intended. FLAME AWAY!

chuck </div></div>

Not even close, the scope was always meant to be more, actually the name is what kept the others in the line lower... I know for a fact the 10XHD and the 3-9X originally were going to be more money.

As far as the deal on here, this was only done because "I" worked with SWFA and brought in the site to help... had they had to pay that space you think it would have been discounted if that $500 a month was going to space, not just here but anywhere... it was only done because of more than a weeks worth of negotiating on the part of the SWFA and the SH...

Leave to DICKS like you to just to fuck with something that benefits people trying to twist it around and spin like the company is fucking with you.

I will tell you now, the 10XHD was supposed to be $1200... they sell it for $800 because the name really keep it down further than it should be. The fact they are not putting them out to dealers helps, but that doesn't take away from the fact they are very good scopes. You'd pay for another brand that is not quite as good simply because they have a "name"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent an email out for everyone... 8000+ contacts from the site. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent an email out for everyone... 8000+ contacts from the site. </div></div>

I didn't get the email, so I just checked my preferences. Turns out I had selected "No" for receiving emails! Got that fixed right away, not that it matters in this case as I'm well aware of what's going on, but still. Glad I found that out now, in case it may have caused me to miss something in the future!

@SelfBowHunter, whether that's actually how things happened or not, that's business. Frankly, I feel the retail price for the scope will be well worth it given my previous experience with SS scopes and SWFA' service. They may choose to lower the price a bit in the future, or if the scope proves itself like many here feel it will, they may raise it (though I doubt that will happen, since SWFA doesn't want to burn any bridges I'm sure). I'm just glad we have a chance to get it for such a low price (33% off!), and I will surely take advantage of it!

ETA: 3291. We're making progress of about 500 "Likes" per day, so it shouldn't be long before we hit 5K.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SLUHstud</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> [url="http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1184712&page=1#i28276617"]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1184712&page=1#i28276617[/url]

Here is the post I started. As I said, most of them just keep saying they want a nightforce and nightforce is better. They fail to grasp thats one not possible because nightforce doesnt offer anything like this, and two that the post is not about nightforce, its about helping fellow shooters save some cash and get the word out about this amazing new scope.

Pat </div></div>

ARF.com post got nuked for some reason.

I just got the e-mail and it brought me to this thread, so that helped for me at least.

"Like"

Does anyone else foresee a rise in threads with the subject of "exgirlfriends", "wife is leaving me", "my daughters new boyfriend is a jackass" starting to pop up in the off topic section?

Please spare me...

Why would it ? Because people clicked "like' on FB.

As if there wasn't some of that before. People don't generally hang around where they are not welcome or have no reason to be, especially here because we police our own quite well.

It was intended as a light hearted joke based on the press that facebook has received for causing such issues and when people decide to join it and find old friends, classmates, lovers, etc.

I suppose a haha at the end might have cleared it up some, but it wasn't posted as an attack on this GB.

What would happen if we get 15,000 or even 20,000 likes? LOL

I am ready to top off my new rifle with this scope.

I too did not recieve an email from ya lowlight.

If you guys didn't get the email, go to the home page and sign up at the bottom of the page.

I don't use the site email system much if at all, so updating your want for the emails is best done there.

I might have missed it in the response but when will availablity be? It sure looks like the coupon will be hit soon but when will/can scopes be in our sweaty little hands?

I won't quote selfbowhunter because I hate stuff that gets quoted 10 times and makes the pages way longer than they need to be.....but my 2 cents.

Think about how many Super Sniper ads you've seen in magazines, think about how many scopes you've seen reviewed by Outdoor Life, etc. Think about all the marketing dollars others spend....to get the exposure SWFA has right here. By sending out 2 whole scopes for review (vs maybe 50 or 100 that another company might send out) and then running a promo to sell scopes cheap and get them in users hands quickly for some real feedback from real users (not magazine writers who write articles to raise advertising revenue), SWFA has taken marketing dollars and given them back to us in the form of a very good deal!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bdubb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got the e-mail and it brought me to this thread, so that helped for me at least.

"Like"

Does anyone else foresee a rise in threads with the subject of "exgirlfriends", "wife is leaving me", "my daughters new boyfriend is a jackass" starting to pop up in the off topic section? </div></div>

^ I hope not, ARFCOM is the place for that.

Let's see if we can hit the 5-10k mark, not that I have the money for an un-panned purchase, but this could be be to good of a deal to pass up....

I didn't get the email! Is there any benefit to recieveing this email?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dantrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent an email out for everyone... 8000+ contacts from the site. </div></div>

I didn't get the email! Is there any benefit to recieveing this email? </div></div>

So we can get the the "magical" 10,000 Likes.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SWFA has taken marketing dollars and given them back to us in the form of a very good deal!
</div></div>

Yeap. One of the ways the internet has "changed everything." Very easy to get the word out nowadays.

The emails are used very infrequently, although they will be monthly again, they just announce things, bring attention to stuff like this, Midway Codes, etc.

it's nothing crazy, but I put them out once and a while

I have never done a group buy before, but I would love to start with this deal! HOW DO I GET THIS COUPON? I haven't really posted on here before either, but I have learned SO MUCH about shooting through this forum!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The emails are used very infrequently, although they will be monthly again, they just announce things, bring attention to stuff like this, Midway Codes, etc.

it's nothing crazy, but I put them out once and a while </div></div>

Oh ok so this is something we can sign up for on the hide page!?

Not positive. But when you order it on SWFAs site. There should be a spot you enter the coupon code.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dantrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The emails are used very infrequently, although they will be monthly again, they just announce things, bring attention to stuff like this, Midway Codes, etc.

</div></div>

yes on the Home Page... at the bottom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dantrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The emails are used very infrequently, although they will be monthly again, they just announce things, bring attention to stuff like this, Midway Codes, etc.

</div></div>

Thanks frank,

yes on the Home Page... at the bottom. </div></div>

I'm not firmiliar with facebook and thought I was missing something with the whole "like" thing!

Sniper Hide email signup is on the home page, down in the bottom right.

SWFA coupon code will have the spot for you to type it in at checkout.

I am hoping it gets to 5K really quick... or at least prior to deadline!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: selfbowhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> very nice gesture by swfa and snipershide.com, however, i <span style="font-weight: bold">cant help but think the amount of markup to be able to do this</span>. <span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">they are certainly not going to take a loss.</span></span> <span style="font-weight: bold">notice how a price was not released until after</span> preproduction scopes were in the hands of some to review. i believe this was done to gauge "demand". this is a very smart business tactic but the price has certainly reflected everyones eagerness for availability. had everyone not got their panties in a wad, the scope would probably have been closer to $1000 retail anyway. just an honest opinion base on observation. no ill will intended. FLAME AWAY!

chuck </div></div>

Mark up never entered into this deal, I promise you that we are not EXXON and we are not making obscene profits. Wait until you see this scope in person and how it compares side by side with anything you want to put it up against. Once this happens you will see that this is not a "cheap" scope nor is our investment in it.

In regards to taking a loss, it is all in how you keep your books. We won't go out of business from this and with an excellent CPA at our disposal you can bet we will make the best of it.

A price was not released but it was established last year. Believe it or not although it sometimes appears we are shooting from the hip we are actually a real business with real plans.

The bottom line is that this deal is the product of a perfect storm. Due to the small nature of our business we are able to make decisions on unorthodox ideas that would never work at a large company where committees have to agree then the bean counters have to give it their blessing. Secondly SH is controlled and operated in the same fashion, Frank can do things that print ads could never do and he can also make decisions without a committee.

<span style="font-weight: bold">We need to be perfectly clear that this deal would not have happened if it was not for Sniper's Hide, LLC.'s business connection to this deal. You don't need to know the details you just need to say, "<span style="color: #990000">Thank you Frank</span>!", then jump on this deal without looking a gift horse in the mouth.</span>

Thank you SWFA and Thank you Frank..... The power of small business is a beautiful thing

I am in on this deal, regardless of where the price ends up. I am already excited as I can be to get this "bad add new glass" mounted up and drove like I stole it!! In fact, I feel like it WAS stolen. I am thankful to finally get back into high end glass.

I was ticked when I had to dump my Nightforce, and I have been in the want of another scope badly. I was about to pull the trigger on a PST, at least until this deal came about.

All I can say is "Thank you Frank and Chris and everyone else involved"!!!!

I, for one, am very happy to benefit from the efforts made!!! Carry on!!!!

DK

Thank you SWFA and thank you Frank!!!!! I'll buy 2 when the discount hits $500. Thank god for credit cards. (Don't tell the wife)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Truckman11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you SWFA and Thank you Frank..... The power of small business is a buautiful thing</div></div>

+1

I don't have the money to buy one of these right now but I liked the page just to help the cause out a little tiny bit.

Hope you guys like your new scopes

Thanks for the deal guys. I own 5 swfa scopes along with Mk 4 and ior.

Regards, John

I'm definitely in for one when it hits $500 off... honestly considering buying a pair... I guess I could put the second one on my sig 522 lol...
wink.gif

Thanks for the great deal guys!

Linked at PAFOA.org

I know several of us here spend time on different forums. I'm one of the moderators on SWFA's opticstalk.com forum where I hang out the most. I have to say that this deal absolutely shocks me. If we get to 5,000. "likes" I dont think SWFA is making any money,certainly not much, and I expect us to get there. I really do think the entire reason SWFA wants to get these scopes into the hands of real pro shooters is that they want rifle professionals using and recommending it so they get military sales and this will lead to that happening.
The 10x42 HD was produced for a military contract and they added some as overrun to sell to their customers it was a one run production unless the military orders more. The 3-9 was designed as a squad designated marksman optic, the 1-4 was designed for a military contract. For a while a lot of us have been wanting a higher power variable that did not cost three grand. These scopes are very well built and I have owned most models.
<span style="font-weight: bold">Lowlight has truely busted his ass looking out for you guys putting this deal together.</span> I've gotten more info here on this scope than I have through SWFA.
But the real bottom line is we are at War and our troops NEED this optic - FFP, Lots of Internal Adjustment, quality glass, tough scope. Asscrackistan is rifle country and the majority of engagements begain at 500 yds plus so Army needs to start issuing .308 cal semi auto rifles with this kind of optic on it. The 5.56mm is typically not up to the task of long range engagements past 500 yds thats why we are getting hit at that kind of distance. Rememeber that one of the main reasons we won the American Revolution was the Kentucky / Pennsylvania Rifle which was a longer barrel more accurate at distance rifle than the traditional arm of the day.

At $500 I'll probably buy 3 of them. No shit.

Thank you Frank and SWFA for your time and effort to bring us this scope at such a great deal.

1,500 more likes to $500 off.

1,183 total likes since Friday afternoon. Does the $300 coupon even need to be unlocked?!
grin.gif

OUTFREAKINSTANDING!!! No need on the $300 or $400 coupon. We are going all the way Brother!!

That is what I am talkin about...

DK

Awesome job! Hopefully on tomorrow we can get the work buddies going and get another burst of steam!

I got the email earlier.

I'm going to use it to forward on to everyone I know. I, personally, don't use FB but I opened one for the sole purpose of "liking" the SH page.

My self and 12 of my facebook friends so far like this. I think I might be able to buy one without getting a divorce also. This is a great deal.

Got my wife to "like" it and to tell her facebook friends. Too bad so many of them are liberals.

Thank you, Frank. And thank you, SWFA. This is unbelievable.

I threw mine in, and the wife, and everyone else I know. We're definitely going all the way!