• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Re: SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: winxp_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45user</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When did you order?
</div></div>

On the 20th of May.

Who ever made the first shipment will get them either this week or next. I called SWFA to check stock for a base that I wanted and actually was on hold until I got someone on the phone. I then realized that people are calling them for the scopes like crazy. I didn't bother calling I figured that I will get mine when I get the shipping notification. But we don't need to call them. All calling does is slow them down from packing out scopes for shipping. I wait for news to be posted by SWFA or LL. I believe that we waiting for other firearm related items to get to us longer than these scopes why not just sit tight and when it gets there its there. Nothing will make it ship faster by calling or posting "I would like some updates and what not". I have had great experience with SWFA and know that they will post updates when there are updates or they contact LL.

Aron- </div></div>Good God, does this mean you'll finally shut up?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelcomp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: winxp_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45user</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When did you order?
</div></div>

On the 20th of May.

Who ever made the first shipment will get them either this week or next. I called SWFA to check stock for a base that I wanted and actually was on hold until I got someone on the phone. I then realized that people are calling them for the scopes like crazy. I didn't bother calling I figured that I will get mine when I get the shipping notification. But we don't need to call them. All calling does is slow them down from packing out scopes for shipping. I wait for news to be posted by SWFA or LL. I believe that we waiting for other firearm related items to get to us longer than these scopes why not just sit tight and when it gets there its there. Nothing will make it ship faster by calling or posting "I would like some updates and what not". I have had great experience with SWFA and know that they will post updates when there are updates or they contact LL.

Aron- </div></div>Good God, does this mean you'll finally shut up?</div></div>

What??? Did I miss something or say something wrong ??? please enlighten me.

Aron-

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe the kids call that - PWNed! </div></div>

Just poking back at him in fun.

From what I can tell his son ordered one unless Grump is a 20 year old attorney and in the Marine Corps.

Either that or he is using his daddy's SH account.

I figured as much - as was I. I actually had to look up exactly what pwned meant on answers.com. I've seen it before but never quite understood what it meant. Keep up the good work SWFA and thanks for the GB.

Ive been waiting for an email from swfa as I ordered within a couple minutes of the 500 going active. Well I was using my phone all day to check my mail and assumed that catrina oneal was spam. I get home and open that email...It was swfa informing me that my credit card (debit)was declined...DAMN IT!!!! that was at 2:13 if I would have opened that mail earlier I could have had this worked out... I have the funds to cover it and I have no idea why my bank declined the transaction. Stupid bank!!! Man I hope I didn't miss the first boat because of that lol

The brown truck delivered my 5-20x50 SS a couple of hours ago and I've been playing with it ever since. It now sits on my .300 Weatherby replacing my Mark 4.

I really like this scope.......can't wait to take it to the range.

My first thought as I picked it up was that I messed up big time! (I only ordered one). I think that you guys will like this scope a lot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beochie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive been waiting for an email from swfa as I ordered within a couple minutes of the 500 going active. Well I was using my phone all day to check my mail and assumed that catrina oneal was spam. I get home and open that email...It was swfa informing me that my credit card (debit)was declined...DAMN IT!!!! that was at 2:13 if I would have opened that mail earlier I could have had this worked out... I have the funds to cover it and I have no idea why my bank declined the transaction. Stupid bank!!! Man I hope I didn't miss the first boat because of that lol </div></div>

I bet your debt card has a limit on it, I know mine does. You'll have to call the bank and have them raise the limit.

yeah, beochie, just call up your bank and up your daily limit on purchases via your credit/debit card. i called my bank to confirm my limit was high enough and found out i had it too high from a previous purchase years ago. i actually lowered the limit in case of fraud.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: springer01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beochie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive been waiting for an email from swfa as I ordered within a couple minutes of the 500 going active. Well I was using my phone all day to check my mail and assumed that catrina oneal was spam. I get home and open that email...It was swfa informing me that my credit card (debit)was declined...DAMN IT!!!! that was at 2:13 if I would have opened that mail earlier I could have had this worked out... I have the funds to cover it and I have no idea why my bank declined the transaction. Stupid bank!!! Man I hope I didn't miss the first boat because of that lol </div></div>

I bet your debt card has a limit on it, I know mine does. You'll have to call the bank and have them raise the limit. </div></div>

Wasn't that why SWFA put a hold on the account when we first ordered? If the bank accepts that, shouldn't it accept the actual payment? I ask because that's something that could happen to me too.

Yea I figured as much...live and learn. The good news is that my bank opens before swfa does. Hopefully I can get this worked out

Nevermind...I just looked through my history and saw that I had paid more than this scope using the debit card for Bike service...stupid motorcycles.

Was a number ever posted on the total number of scopes sold with the coupons?

oh boy,6.7 earthquake just hit japan.i pray for the people of japan,what a rough year they've had and that's an understatement.might affect us late order guys.

That picture makes the wait even tougher.

Those rings look like Warne Maximas - what height did you use?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe the kids call that - PWNed! </div></div>

From what I can tell his son ordered one unless Grump is a 20 year old attorney and in the Marine Corps.

Either that or he is using his daddy's SH account.</div></div>

that's right, his son did order one, that's me. I ordered it while I was in Afghanistan and couldn't really keep up on it much while I was over there. Back now and am going home on leave in a few short days. Forgive him for checking up and wanting to see if the scope would be here around the same time I'm home.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoomerTG1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe the kids call that - PWNed! </div></div>

that's right, his son did order one, that's me. I ordered it while I was in Afghanistan and couldn't really keep up on it much while I was over there. Back now and am going home on leave in a few short days. Forgive him for checking up and wanting to see if the scope would be here around the same time I'm home. </div></div>i hope for your sake you get yours while your home on leave,you deserve it after spending time in that hell hole.make coming home alittle more special.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: winxp_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelcomp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: winxp_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45user</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When did you order?
</div></div>

On the 20th of May.

Aron- </div></div>Good God, does this mean you'll finally shut up?</div></div>

What??? Did I miss something or say something wrong ??? please enlighten me.

Aron- </div></div>LOL...naw, just poking fun at you. You have ten posts on this one thread today. (11 including your response to me.)
smile.gif

Hahahah understood hehe. Well trying to keep people informed with what I know
smile.gif
like i said calling there will not speed things up.

Aron-

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ... I don't recall being advised that a SNIPERS HIDE group buy was to be updated almost exclusively from a FACEBOOK page, but it looks like that's the way it is.

But is sure would have been nice to be told that the process had progressed to the point of the items being Stateside and in the hands of federal minions.

Please take note: a vacuum of information is almost always a BAD thing. Public postings of updates reduces the number and frequency of pesky phone calls. And no, I NEVER called....
</div></div>

Grump,

You seem to be overly concerned and have posted a lot of advice on how we should do things and we appreciate it. I would like to personally assist you with information in regards to your order if you could please tell me your order number?

I searched our system by your e-mail address listed in your profile and found you in our system but you have not ordered anything from us in some time. I then searched by your name and could not find any alternate addresses or orders, I also skimmed through the entire back order list and did not see your name, so I apologize in advance for not being able to locate your SSHD 5-20x order without your assistance.

I tried to PM this to you but your box is full.

Chris
</div></div>
Good so see your post, Chris. I really expected that with this latest news and most favorable update, everyone there would be packing boxes and staying off the 'net.

I never said I had an order.

I never asked about MY scope.

As noted below, my son ordered one. I was helping him with a prior, and canceled, order, before he returned from Afghanistan, and only a fortuitous and unexpected to both of us opportunity to get in the internet before his return resulted in him placing the order himself.

When he was again seriously off-line, I asked in this thread about whether any post-May 27 orders could be fulfilled from the first shipment.

But I have been happy to advocate for anyone who wanted more news when it was lacking and speculation ran rampant. I really liked the hijacking story and pics, too!

Sorry you spent the effort to try to look me up. That has to be worse than fielding the phone calls I was NOT making!

I am actually quite shocked that this thread is still going with anything other than inquiries about the expected timeline for batch #2. If it cannot be known yet, then some future date when it *might* be known would be nice. That might be the 3.27 months or whatever minus two days that LL posted about...?...

And I have to apologize for the jammed inbox. I don't use it much (only about four this year) and hadn't noticed the thing was full. Spoiled by GMail's ever-expanding storage quota, I am.

Yeah, after the Vortex Viper PST debacle (I'm pretty sure someone else used that D-word here on the 'hide long before I picked it up), I was watching this one a bit sideways. SWFA came through. Looks like on time and on budget The high hopes for earlier delivery and about three weeks of a communications gap pale in comparison with what has been accomplished. I say this believing that all of the first batch orders will be en route by the end of this week.

BTW, I'm no nuclear scientist, but I don't recall the radioisotopes released in Japan being the types to induce radioactivity in metals and glass. But it sure made for fun jokes, didn't it?

My credit card got charged today and I got a tracking number
laugh.gif
Should arrive on Monday it seems I can't wait!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ... I don't recall being advised that a SNIPERS HIDE group buy was to be updated almost exclusively from a FACEBOOK page, but it looks like that's the way it is.

But is sure would have been nice to be told that the process had progressed to the point of the items being Stateside and in the hands of federal minions.

Please take note: a vacuum of information is almost always a BAD thing. Public postings of updates reduces the number and frequency of pesky phone calls. And no, I NEVER called....
</div></div>

Grump,

You seem to be overly concerned and have posted a lot of advice on how we should do things and we appreciate it. I would like to personally assist you with information in regards to your order if you could please tell me your order number?

I searched our system by your e-mail address listed in your profile and found you in our system but you have not ordered anything from us in some time. I then searched by your name and could not find any alternate addresses or orders, I also skimmed through the entire back order list and did not see your name, so I apologize in advance for not being able to locate your SSHD 5-20x order without your assistance.

I tried to PM this to you but your box is full.

Chris
</div></div>
Good so see your post, Chris. I really expected that with this latest news and most favorable update, everyone there would be packing boxes and staying off the 'net.

I never said I had an order.

I never asked about MY scope.

As noted below, my son ordered one. I was helping him with a prior, and canceled, order, before he returned from Afghanistan, and only a fortuitous and unexpected to both of us opportunity to get in the internet before his return resulted in him placing the order himself.

When he was again seriously off-line, I asked in this thread about whether any post-May 27 orders could be fulfilled from the first shipment.

But I have been happy to advocate for anyone who wanted more news when it was lacking and speculation ran rampant. I really liked the hijacking story and pics, too!

Sorry you spent the effort to try to look me up. That has to be worse than fielding the phone calls I was NOT making!

I am actually quite shocked that this thread is still going with anything other than inquiries about the expected timeline for batch #2. If it cannot be known yet, then some future date when it *might* be known would be nice. That might be the 3.27 months or whatever minus two days that LL posted about...?...

And I have to apologize for the jammed inbox. I don't use it much (only about four this year) and hadn't noticed the thing was full. Spoiled by GMail's ever-expanding storage quota, I am.

Yeah, after the Vortex Viper PST debacle (I'm pretty sure someone else used that D-word here on the 'hide long before I picked it up), I was watching this one a bit sideways. SWFA came through. Looks like on time and on budget The high hopes for earlier delivery and about three weeks of a communications gap pale in comparison with what has been accomplished. I say this believing that all of the first batch orders will be en route by the end of this week.

BTW, I'm no nuclear scientist, but I don't recall the radioisotopes released in Japan being the types to induce radioactivity in metals and glass. But it sure made for fun jokes, didn't it? </div></div>

So I'm confused, does your son have a scope on order? And if so was the order posted in time for the first shipment? If you son is to deploy soon or soon return from, I will gladly email SWFA and request one of my two be used for his order and to place my 2nd on the backorder list. I have not been invoiced yet, but I ordered the day after the 500 discount so I should have two in the mix.

If this is the case and SWFA sees this before I can contact them, my profile email matches the ordering email, please just go ahead and handle it and send me an email after the fact if any details need be conveyed.

nly205, i knew there was a gentleman amongst us. good on you, sir. good site here. i knew someone would step up to the plate in good fashion with quick timing. love it.

nly205, you are a good and kind person.
smile.gif
God Bless you.

Nice to see good people with good intentions. I also would readily lose my place in line for BoomerTG1, if that would mean he could have a scope in hand when he returns home. I only ordered one, but can wait. My email matches my order email.

LOL, the drama! Glad to see they are shipping, looking forward to replacing my older model SS 10x42.
If someone started a "Pics of your mounted SWFA SS HD 5-20x50" thread I would post in it.

I have a thread started but no one posted yet. I will post mine in there when I get mine this coming Tuesday.

Aron-

Just checked back on this thread after a week. I figured it would be worth a giggle and it was. Thanks, LL and SWFA, looking forward to getting my scope. Until then, I'll be waiting patiently.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sacp81170a</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just checked back on this thread after a week. I figured it would be worth a giggle and it was. Thanks, LL and SWFA, looking forward to getting my scope. Until then, I'll be waiting patiently. </div></div>

Yes, there are a lot of whiners on this site. The wait for this scope is very short, perhaps some people just want something to bitch about.

Am I the only one who is checking his Iphone like every ten minutes to see if I've gotten an email from SWFA?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I the only one who is checking his Iphone like every ten minutes to see if I've gotten an email from SWFA? </div></div>

Everytime I heard "Droid" I look. Nothing yet
frown.gif

Soon though, I'm not worried.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beochie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive been waiting for an email from swfa as I ordered within a couple minutes of the 500 going active. Well I was using my phone all day to check my mail and assumed that catrina oneal was spam. I get home and open that email...It was swfa informing me that my credit card (debit)was declined...DAMN IT!!!! that was at 2:13 if I would have opened that mail earlier I could have had this worked out... I have the funds to cover it and I have no idea why my bank declined the transaction. Stupid bank!!! Man I hope I didn't miss the first boat because of that lol </div></div>

whew - thanks for the heads up... i just checked my limit to make sure.

My credit card just got charged... being that I'm only a few hours away I should have it tomorrow.

Sweet.

Sweet. When did you order?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoomerTG1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe the kids call that - PWNed! </div></div>

that's right, his son did order one, that's me. I ordered it while I was in Afghanistan and couldn't really keep up on it much while I was over there. Back now and am going home on leave in a few short days. Forgive him for checking up and wanting to see if the scope would be here around the same time I'm home. </div></div>

Proud to see your from Utah. Send your order information into Chris at SWFA. I know for a fact that on the back orders on the 1-4 HD scopes that APO address were sent to the head of the line. SWFA has servicemen in mind when they design their products and they will take care of you if they know who you are. Thanks for you service and welcome back to Utah.

that's right, his son did order one, that's me. I ordered it while I was in Afghanistan and couldn't really keep up on it much while I was over there. Back now and am going home on leave in a few short days. Forgive him for checking up and wanting to see if the scope would be here around the same time I'm home. </div></div>

Lots of people have stepped up to give up their place in line for you via posts, PMs, e-mails and calls. We would like to acknowledge them all as a collective group by keeping their place in line and send you one from our private reserve on their behalf. We'll throw in Next Day Air so it will be there Friday.

Thank you for your service, welcome home and enjoy your time back in Utah with your friends and family.

Good show, SWFA...Glad to see you were able to get him his scope while he was home.

Now, about that private reserve....just kidding,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NUTT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered an hour or 2 after the $500 code went live. </div></div>

For those that are concerned. I'm not in any hurry, but for what its worth, I placed my order on 18 may at about 2 pm, and have not heard or seen anything reguarding my order. I'm sure they were swamped in the early morning hours with orders that day. I'm guessing they are still working on the orders that were placed that day. Of course all this is pure speculation. I'm patient and will get it when I get it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jb7032</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NUTT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered an hour or 2 after the $500 code went live. </div></div>

For those that are concerned. I'm not in any hurry, but for what its worth, I placed my order on 18 may at about 2 pm, and have not heard or seen anything reguarding my order. I'm sure they were swamped in the early morning hours with orders that day. I'm guessing they are still working on the orders that were placed that day. Of course all this is pure speculation. I'm patient and will get it when I get it.</div></div>

glad I ordered a Countersniper on 17 May at 0 dark 30 and it will be here tommorrow

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoomerTG1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe the kids call that - PWNed! </div></div>

Lots of people have stepped up to give up their place in line for you via posts, PMs, e-mails and calls. We would like to acknowledge them all as a collective group by keeping their place in line and send you one from our private reserve on their behalf. We'll throw in Next Day Air so it will be there Friday.

Thank you for your service, welcome home and enjoy your time back in Utah with your friends and family. </div></div>that's what i'm talking about.GOD BLESS YOU SWFA,you all are BAD ASSSS!!!!!!takeing care of the vets who take care of us.i will do all my buisness with swfa from here on out PERIOD!!!