• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Re: SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Ordered 6/10 and nothing but it's just fine with me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We had one guy with excellent foresight that bought 11, his plan was to sell 10 of them at $1099. each so he would get one for free. </div></div>

If the "one guy" that bought 11 is reading this and you have not sold the other 10 let me know. I would take one off your hands for $1100.

I hate to bring this thread back from the dead.
I'm just wondering if anyone from this group buy is wanting to offload one of these scopes to a Australian, as we cant get them here!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lachlan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hate to bring this thread back from the dead.
I'm just wondering if anyone from this group buy is wanting to offload one of these scopes to a Australian, as we cant get them here! </div></div>
There might be some ITAR violation with this...if these fall under ITAR, it would be HIGHLY illegal for any US member of the 'hide to send it to you.

Also, the last post on 10/06/2011 (OCT. 6, not JUN 10) so that's hardly bringing it back from the dead.
smile.gif

A buddy and I stopped by SWFA today to compare various optics first-hand; absolutely terrific experience! Chris spent a couple hours with us as we compared the 5-20x50SS and other optics. Great glass on the SS and certainly on par with the much more expensive options out there. It is worth the wait...

As for the 5-20x50SS status: they still are not in yet and no word as to when to expect them or how many are due in. Being right there as long as we were, I did have the chance to learn that my 12 JUN order has 72 others in front of me. Take that for what it's worth, but it's gonna be awhile for me.

SWFA has my future business for all optics...

Any updates on people getting charged or the next shipment?

I'm glad they don't charge you until it is being shipped. It turned out that I needed the money for a short while.

I keep hearing "any day" but DANG!!!!!! Got two builds done and waiting so I am chomping at the bit!

I keep checking this every day for an update.... I feel like a crackhead waiting on his fix!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: db_17_85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I keep checking this every day for an update.... I feel like a crackhead waiting on his fix!</div></div>

Funny! Me too.

I emailed SWFA a couple of days ago to add something to my order and ask about the status of the scope. Got the response today.

"... the SWFA SS 5-20x50 in stock which should be about 7-14 more business days pending any delays with the product coming through US Customs."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jay Park</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I emailed SWFA a couple of days ago to add something to my order and ask about the status of the scope. Got the response today.

"... the SWFA SS 5-20x50 in stock which should be about 7-14 more business days pending any delays with the product coming through US Customs."</div></div>

Bah, ah well. At least they responded. For that, I am thankful.

Would be cool to get it before Christmas, but I won't pout if that doesn't happen. I personally don't think I will be a part of the next shipment, I'm just curious to see when my shipment will likely be next.

The initial late Sept. date was our best estimation and we missed it by a few weeks. We've have not passed on any updates because we have not had any “for sure” eta’s until now…... and now they are in U.S. Customs hands. We hope to get them next week and ship as many a day as we can physically process.

We are close to having a 2.5" stackable sun shade and a Tenebraex ARD (prices have not been finalized). We are also close to landing a non-illuminated version.

This is good and bad news for me. Good news is that I'm getting my 5-20HD, bad news is I have to send you back the 10x SS you loaned me!
wink.gif
Thanks SWFA!

Thank you for the update. One step closer to my 338 edge build.

Thanks for the update, we all know you are waiting as well and when you have them in hand, you guys work your asses off shipping them out. Thanks for all the work! We are just anxious
laugh.gif

I hope the ones you have are enough to fill the back orders. I ordered way too late.

Thanks for the update. I have played around with a friends and it's a quality optic for sure. I can't wait to get mine. Thanks lowlight and swfa for allowing the hide on an incredible deal.

all you guys waiting are going to enjoy the SS 5-20 HD, I do mine.

+1........ I just recieved my scope today(a holdover from the first shipment) and I'm extremely please.

The scope feels very well built and it looks like any other top notch piece of glass. The turrets have a very nice feel and are audible. From the little bit that I was able to play with it tonight the glass looks really nice and I really like the mil-quad reticle. Contrary to some other reports my magnification rings is rather easy to turn.

All and all I'm very pleased with this scope and believe it to be worth every penny of the price, let alone the group buy price.

As a side note I also recieved a set of American Rifle Company Gen 3 rings and they are also top notch.

Still holding out for 10k likes..I want those rings!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: liv4spd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still holding out for 10k likes..I want those rings!
</div></div>
It looks like you are a little late, that offer is off the table.
This is an epic thread, but if you read your way through it you will get the picture.
SScott

Thanks for the heads up - I couldn't have made it through all 50 pages.

Congratulations to the people who got in on this early on, was a great deal!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XTR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lets see how far this one gets us. I ordered on June 13th.
</div></div>

Same here, and another on the 16th. I wonder how far this batch will go?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teotwawki2012</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ordered on the 8th. Anxious to see if it lives up to all the hype. </div></div>

I don't think there is much hype regarding quality of the scope. Based on everything I've read I'm sure that this scope will be comparable to other scopes in the $1500 range, and I'm pretty certain that it won't be the same as a scope in the $2500 range. When I consider that the group buy gets it for under $1000 I'm happy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teotwawki2012</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ordered on the 8th. Anxious to see if it lives up to all the hype.</div></div>

I also ordered on the 8th, but I couldn't wait. I purchased a used one off the exchange a couple of weeks ago.

It's not hype, amazing scope at the $1500 mark. I have used several top end scopes, and I don't think there is as good of one out there until the Vortex Razor. Even with that scope, there are things I like better with each one.

Now I just have to decide what to do with the new one coming in.

teotwawki2012 WHAT is your definition of hype ????? Please explain........ Why can't you just type if it live up to the money that I paid for it?

Aron-

PS I guess with the your sig you got your big boy pants on
laugh.gif

That didn't take long. Are you feeling <span style="font-weight: bold"> Cooler </span>?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm so much cooler online
Yeah I'm cooler online
I'm so much cooler online
Yeah I'm cooler online
</div></div>

If you come looking to start things wrong place buddy! Post some useful info if not don't post at all. And like I said a million times the part of when is my scope comin in or "if it lives up to it's hype" is over done!!!!!!!! And I would like to know what hype?!?!?!?!?!?

I've had my first one since the first ones were shipped you my friend don't have one so I suggest stop posting your "hype" statements! And I'm done trying to figure out people that don't make sense. Take care toetwawki2012.

Aron

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teotwawki2012</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That didn't take long. Are you feeling <span style="font-weight: bold"> Cooler </span>?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm so much cooler online
Yeah I'm cooler online
I'm so much cooler online
Yeah I'm cooler online
</div></div></div></div>

Douche Bag Troll Alert!

I'm letting my friend know!
He will be happy to know!
Thanks for the update swfa!
I love mine!!!

Just got off the phone with them to adjust some items on my order and they said they should have all back orders filled in the next three weeks.

Yes, but they won't all be shipping out of here today or even this week.

WOOT! I just received a tracking number for my order!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: winxp_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">teotwawki2012 WHAT is your definition of hype ?????</div></div>

Google search.

"hype definition"

First result:

Hype

Noun: 1.Extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion

Seems to fit the definition pretty well, at least here at the Hide.

I can never understand why some people get all upset at the term "hype" to describe a product that did in fact receive a lot of hype. Its not a bad thing. The SS 5-20 HD did (and does) recieve a TON of hype at this website. Nobody can deny that. Just use the search function to search out all the threads about it.

Just got ny tracking number to! June 8 order Woohoo

I received a call today that my card was declined. I had to take the money out so my wife wouldn't spend it. I deposited the cash back in today. Hopefully I'll get a tracking number tomorrow. Ordered on june 10th.