• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Snow sucks! Let’s see your snow removal equipment.

1613511805041.png
1613511837732.png
1613511916800.png

We all have jeeps (six of them) which sounds cool until you realize the snow becomes packed ice and won't melt until April. Driveway is a free-for-all.
Don't feel bad, I've got a small hill and a 2wd work van. Its parked at my buddies house for now.

Too lazy to post pics but I got a skid steer and a tractor - both with studded tires, and a snowblower that I can use on both machines. Spent 10 plus hours plowing, blowing, and digging out snow drifts and ice this weekend.

I also stock about 500lbs of salt in case I need to clear the private road of ice.

Moving snow is like mowing grass - no matter how many fancy toys you buy the chore still kind of sucks.

Too lazy to post pics but I got a skid steer and a tractor - both with studded tires, and a snowblower that I can use on both machines. Spent 10 plus hours plowing, blowing, and digging out snow drifts and ice this weekend.

I also stock about 500lbs of salt in case I need to clear the private road of ice.

Moving snow is like mowing grass - no matter how many fancy toys you buy the chore still kind of sucks.

Amen on that.

Reactions: tiNdvenTFHwMdqKW
You are in California and you pity us?

Time for a mental health check there bro :)
If it were'nt in Commiefornia San Diego is where Id relocate...or at least 30 miles east of SD. Not quite as warm as S. Florida but little humidity, and I could hang out with all my fellow operators. :cool: 😛 :cool:

I use a D10R to move snow

View attachment 7558790

170,00lbs and ~15ft of blade = very easy work.
In 96 I lived on a tiny dirt road just off the Blue Ridge Parkway in Amherst Co. Virginia. Woke up to find 39" of snow in my front yard. Took them 3 days but they finally got an Allis Chalmers about that size up to us, followed by the plow. As soon as I got dug out I packed my truck and left for costa Rica. Hell of a trip but thats for another thread.

Per the OP's snow sucks, yes it does, in fact its a four letter word.

Reactions: 7mMike
I used a plastic spatula to scrape my windshield it worked great. Didn’t have anything else that wasn’t metal lol.

13* and I was in a hoody(no shirt) shorts and crocs, I aint no bitch. No power in 9* with no working heater isn’t as bad as you’d think either just boring.

20210216_162449_resize_1.jpg

Can also swat flies with it.
Haven't had to use it yet, but I hear they get snow here about every 20 years or so. Thats when there's a real run on fly swatters too.
I hear they also buy up all the souse meat and mountain dew in the stores.

My God's Little Green Acre is supposed to get between 6 inches with more possible on Thursday and about a 1/4 inch of ice on Friday.

Yeah, global warming.......

Reactions: Slash0311
We got about a dicks worth of snow here I hear. Mine bottoms out about halfway in though 😄

Reactions: Charlie112
simply seeing pics of snow kills me....been 35 years and the ice cold air still too fresh in my memory. never again

rookies :)

Attachments

• 25398746_10155786924856427_4046532804858950482_n.jpg
    25398746_10155786924856427_4046532804858950482_n.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 69
Since the woman starts work before I do, she shovels it. It’s great having a clean driveway before I leave. If it snows after we both leave, she gets home first and I have a nice clean driveway to pull into. Gender equality for the win.

snow shovels x 2,

then Airens 28" snowblower,

then an older Kubota L2620 tractor with bucket

and 9 hunnert some odd hours, maybe getting close to 1k. With the recent cold snap I have determined that it needs a new battery.

Snow is now up higher than the blower in most parts, but I can still make it to the keg grill and shop in flip flops....
20210123_174026.jpg

Attachments

• 20210206_143414.jpg
    20210206_143414.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 20210206_143527.jpg
    20210206_143527.jpg
    915.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 20210206_143431.jpg
    20210206_143431.jpg
    1,018.3 KB · Views: 33
60" blade on the Honda rancher. If that won't move it, I simply say fuck it and fire up the snowmobile.
No use wasting good deep snow. I've rode around town before and while they may burp a siren, flash their lights, and yell.... they're too busy being stuck to do anything about it.

60" blade on the Honda rancher. If that won't move it, I simply say fuck it and fire up the snowmobile.
No use wasting good deep snow. I've rode around town before and while they may burp a siren, flash their lights, and yell.... they're too busy being stuck to do anything about it.
Sweet story bro.

Sweet story bro.

Gotta love small towns. 4' of snow in 24 hours and they own 1 snow plow. I wasn't the only one, but when else can you do pow turns in the street? The parks were already tracked up by the time I was messing around.

The main thing with snow is to manage it early. A lot of places want to wait until the end to do the cleanup. If it's bad then the clean up is slow, messy, and requires bigger equipment. If the local governments would just pay the OT to get trucks on the road early a lot of these issues would never happen.

IMG_20210217_173101.jpg

Bitch to start in the cold (undermentioned starter and hydraulic oil that really needs changing) but works pretty well after that.

IMG_20210217_173540.jpg

Absolutely no regrets building the roof extension for the barn, all that snow used to drop across the doors. First time each winter the snow got deep enough to drop off the roof the barn was closed until like... May...

around here and snow like that turns lazy kids into wanna be money makers .got to love free opportunities when they come around .

Honestly I make my wife do it. I tried to get here to do it in lingerie .... no luck